The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Nina Sharp has often been one of the hardest people to peg on Fringe. The following are a set of theories or ideas pertianing to whom Miss Sharp may relate to. Most likely these ideas are a little out over there and probably not amount to anything as it takes a bit of hypotheticals to fill in some gaps, but on the off chance that there is something to this, I thought I would just get it off my mind. :P

I purpose that Nina Sharp is related to the Dunhams/Blakes or that she in fact one of them, from the future, and/or possibly the alternate reality.

My line of reasoning:

It was first called to my attention that Sharp might have some wierd understanding with Olivia Dunham in the Pilot episode. Nina Sharp at first believes
that Olivia had clearence to discuss "the pattern", but also she says something curious....

But suffice to say that we reached the point where science and technology have advanced at such an exponential rate for so long, it may be way beyond our ability to regulate and control them. You should know what you're getting into, Agent Dunham. I would say this to my own daughter: "Be careful and good luck."


Soon after in episodes to follow, Nina then persists on offering Olivia a job. Now granted that I think that Nina enjoys her line of work in having power and being politically successful, it could also be the Olivia is valuable to her in an emotional way--and that by 'taking Olivia under her wing' would, in Nina's eyes, be perhaps a protective move and not just a political one. Later in Safe when Olivia is abducted by Jones lynch mob, ZFT, Broyles accuses Nina of being her abductor. Nina is truely hurt by this accusation.

NINA: What?... What do you mean missing?
BROYLES: It appears she has been abducted. – Need I even ask? (she hesitates to reply) Are you there?
NINA: Yes. Yes. I am here… Frankly I resent the accusation.
BROYLES: I don’t make accusations, so let me be clear. If I find out --
NINA: -- Phillip! That’s enough. Now you know how I feel about Agent Dunham. Why would I want any harm to come to her? Now, what do we know about who may have taken her? – And why?


Then when we get to "Over There" we see a glimpse into what the alternate Olivia is like. She has red hair and bangs. Nina Sharp also has red hair and bangs.
Although we haven't spend a lot of time 'over there', I feel pretty stongly with how I feel about how they are in comparison to how the other reality is.

So far the secondary stories in Tales of the Fringe comic series feature ideas centured around futurology, as the characters in them are able to get insight about the future. To me this is sign to pay attention to ideas centured around a reality being 'futuristic', and really definition in comparison, the alternate universe--reality B is futuristic already as one definition of futuristic is being technologically advanced and possibly chaotic, and "over controlled" by some kind of extream government. (ex: 1984).

Also when I compair the Olivia's I find that the alternate is more aggressive, ego ridden, non inhibited, and may be motivated for political recognition. I think for her the Fringe Division and doing her job may be a means to an end to climb up the corporate ladder, where as Olivia of reality A is working because she truley cares for people and life and wants to protect them. So if Nina Sharp were to have offered alter Olivia a job, I think she would have taken it in a heart beat, but I also think this is the link between them. Olivia's eye color though is tough one..Anna Torves are green, but people have noticed that they look totally differant shades in certian episodes--some think this is intentional having to do with some kind of "kalidescope eyes" possibly because of her abilities...although people are saying the same thing with alot of the other actors too. Plus I get the sense that both Nina and alter Olivia are flirtasious and maybe have had many lovers...In addition though she would have to be like a Hawking character, a person who somewhat changed her ways to save the people she cared about by changing the past...she spent a lot of time with Peter as a child too...

How would this work out:

A. There could be a reality C that naturally exists 25-40 years into the future and Nina crossed over.

B. That reality B is not really when we think it is! This is hard to explain so bare with me...In the prequel comic series Walter and William Bell were able to time travel back to Nazi Germany when ironicly Walter's father working with the Germans had turned on an identical time machine! --However, knowing that there are at least 2 realities in the FRINGE universe, it is possable that Walter and Bell didn't time travel to their timelines history, but the alternate's. One hint may be in Walter's father's name, in the comic it is Hans, which we know from the show Walter's father is Robert...however in the show there is still something not right with Robert's existence in conjunction to Walter's as Robert's grave indicates that Robert died 2 years prior to when Walter was born???? --But even despite that, the fact that they chose the name Hans in the comics is interesting too, as Han was Olivia's nick name in boarding school (Han SOLO).

But anyways lets say that both timelines are in motion and neither are completely written. The let's say reality B's most furthest existence is 25-40 yrs ahead of reality A's. ---Perhaps there is a rule where if people are to travel between certian kinds of parallel realities no person can time travel to a place that exceedes the date of there own...in any instance a person can then only time travel into the past or equal present of any reality...giving in this instance reality B the advantage and may explain there own advancement while also then passing technological advancement into the pasts of both realited--cross stiching a pattern between them.---Perhaps even reality A is considered a back up system to reality B????? -Plus just to add, Nina Sharp really didn't seem to age much between 1985 and 2008/2010...maybe a sign of technology from the other side, like her arm...

C. That Nina Sharp could just be a reltive of either Olivia's--like "Aunt Missy" for instance...or the future version of another family member--such as Ella (Nina has 2 matching consinants and then 2 vowels same as Ella and maybe Ella is a nod to Elle of Lost?!)

Just looking at photo comparisons...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by DarthLocke on Mon May 09, 2011 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Well I just received Tales of the FRINGE #4 featuring Nina Sharp. It seems more unlikely that she would be either of the Olivias given the nature of her back story, however I am not completely ruling another Dunham relative, time travel of yet a third future reality.

I will be posting the synopsis in the comic thread in the next couple of days, but basically Nina always wanted a family, a child, but never could. Suddenly after Bell designed her new arm, she became pregnant, presumably with Bell's child, suddenly the doctors tell her that the bio technology of her arm is actually changing and altering her DNA making the baby and herself incompatible and that the baby could kill them both. So she asks if she would remove her arm if she would have a better chance and they say possibly the DNA would go back. So she decides that she is going to do that, but then Bell calls her and asks to meet in the park. He tells her, even though he knows what she wants better than anyone else, a family, that he would like her to reconsider because he is starting a company (massive dynamics) to help save the world and that her arm is "one of the kind" and therefor he needs her as living proof in order to get the investors to start the company and promises her she could have everything else she has always wanted, she could be his right hand on this venture. She tells him science is no longer her highest priority and declines. She goes home and sometime shortly after she goes out in a storm to go somewhere. While haling a taxi outside her apartment building, she is struck by lightning. The doctors tell her she lost the baby, but her arm saved her life as it "took" the brunt of the electric force.

However the IMO the young William Bell looks a lot like Sam Weiss...and I still think alternate Olivia could have a connection to him.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby JacobsMom on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:40 am

This is interesting Darth. I thought that there was an unspoken romantic link there between Nina and William when the lawyer mentioned Tuscany while he read the will in Thursday's episode. This also relates back to Nina telling Peter that they were very close when he was growing up. Peter could have been a sort of "surrogate" child for her in a way.

I do hope we get a "Nina" episode sometime in this new season!!
User avatar
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby real1 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:53 am

Nina is a mystery thing ..... but I don't think that she is Olivia /Altolivia mother , but I do think she maybe be her aunt ? :hmm: ... Yes I was surprised when she said to BROYLES " Now you know how I feel about Agent Dunham." , also when she got shot she said I want to speak to agent Dunham , ... So i think maybe there is a connection between her and Olivia .

:hmm: I am always thinking .. where was Olivia's mother when Walter was injecting her ?
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:06 pm

real1 wrote:Nina is a mystery thing ..... but I don't think that she is Olivia /Altolivia mother , but I do think she maybe be her aunt ? :hmm: ... Yes I was surprised when she said to BROYLES " Now you know how I feel about Agent Dunham." , also when she got shot she said I want to speak to agent Dunham , ... So i think maybe there is a connection between her and Olivia .

:hmm: I am always thinking .. where was Olivia's mother when Walter was injecting her ?



Right I am pretty sure she can't be either's mother since we know what the Olivia's moms look like and I always figured our Olivia would remember her and would have made the connection to Sharp immediately if that was the case.

Over here I know we have an Aunt Missy, but maybe there is another Aunt over there? Really my favorite Idea is Ella from a future reality... but like always it's probably to big of a stretch. :blush:

But I just feel like they went out of their way to make alternate Olivia (before the hair switch) to have a Sharp hairstyle and this whole protective-corporate thing still keeps me suspicious. :lol:
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 am

real1 wrote:Nina is a mystery thing ..... but I don't think that she is Olivia /Altolivia mother , but I do think she maybe be her aunt ? :hmm: ... Yes I was surprised when she said to BROYLES " Now you know how I feel about Agent Dunham." , also when she got shot she said I want to speak to agent Dunham , ... So i think maybe there is a connection between her and Olivia .

:hmm: I am always thinking .. where was Olivia's mother when Walter was injecting her ?


Hey, welcome to the Fringe forum real1! DarthLocke does a great job keeping us informed over here. :thumbsup:

Nina is not only interested in Olivia but she has some sort of special connection to Peter as well. We saw that last season at the horse stables where she was riding.

I think the reason that Olivia became a part of the cortexiphan trials was because her dad was in the military. He probably signed her up himself. I hope TPTB get back to who he is because I was really intrigued when she got that birthday card from him. If her mother was abused by the dad, then she probably had no control over what happened to Olivia at these drug trials. I'm thinking all these children that were used in Jacksonville were military children too.
User avatar
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:49 pm

JacobsMom wrote:
real1 wrote:Nina is a mystery thing ..... but I don't think that she is Olivia /Altolivia mother , but I do think she maybe be her aunt ? :hmm: ... Yes I was surprised when she said to BROYLES " Now you know how I feel about Agent Dunham." , also when she got shot she said I want to speak to agent Dunham , ... So i think maybe there is a connection between her and Olivia .

:hmm: I am always thinking .. where was Olivia's mother when Walter was injecting her ?


Hey, welcome to the Fringe forum real1! DarthLocke does a great job keeping us informed over here. :thumbsup:

Nina is not only interested in Olivia but she has some sort of special connection to Peter as well. We saw that last season at the horse stables where she was riding.

I think the reason that Olivia became a part of the cortexiphan trials was because her dad was in the military. He probably signed her up himself. I hope TPTB get back to who he is because I was really intrigued when she got that birthday card from him. If her mother was abused by the dad, then she probably had no control over what happened to Olivia at these drug trials. I'm thinking all these children that were used in Jacksonville were military children too.



What's interesting about this is that we really have 2 men that we know nothing about. When Olivia was on the military base she is with her mom and dad, but sometime before the age of nine she has a step father--the one she shoots for being abusive towards her mother.

I often wondered if William Bell could have either of these men-especially the first time I viewed "Momentum Deferred", but I think he would have revealed that in the S2 finale if that were the case. It appears the parents of the kids may have had no idea what was going on--they just dropped their kids off at day care.

I agree with Jacobsmom. I think it's important to get back to them, especially the step father. I found it interesting that it appears alternate Olivia's father/s have yet to be brought up---maybe this is where alternate will slip up?!
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Just to add to this theory, the way "Entrada" ended makes me think there could still be something to this, specifically with Alternate Olivia.

Alternate Olivia tried to tell Peter that despite everything, he meant 'something' to her. Peter responds by saying, "I would believe you, if you weren't in handcuffs right now." --But then he looks through the Alternates belongings and sees the photo-booth pictures of them both that he was looking at earlier in the episode.

Now on one hand it's clear that the alternate is quick respond, despite her occasional sloppiness, she could have seen Peter look at them and took them with her in case she would get caught in order to try and save herself from some ill fate...

However, I find the alternate over confident...and it appears to me that she didn't think she was going to have a problem until she realized she took the wrong lap top...so she may have actually meant what she said and was going to take those photos back with her as a keepsake.

They still decided to not show us any alternate Nina either, and as I stated in the original post, there are times where I feel like she almost has found nearly romantic inclinations towards Peter...like he was some long lost love.

In addition we know from the comic book that she had feelings for William Bell...If William Bell didn't exist in the alternate universe then maybe the time travel is how she met the blue William and became 'good'....the reason I say this is that like with Nina to Peter, William was also nostalgic towards Olivia when she visited him in "momentum deferred"...almost like your the little girl we made to save the universe and I love you because - love the other you that you don't know about yet, because I need both of you to save the worlds...

Jacobsmom also pointed out to me earlier in the season, that Olivia drops a snow globe when she temp crosses over to the blue universe liberty gift shop...Nina sharp was the first to explain physical law to Olivia of 'the war of the worlds' by using 2 identical snow globes to show occupacency law...which "Entrada" also brought this issue up as they were going to extract their Olivia with ours by exchanging mass...as also seen with buildings in "Jacksonville" and with the bridge in "The man from the other side".
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:26 pm

So I was thinking about what the Observer said to Peter in "The Firefly" --"It must be hard, being a father."

On one hand this could be referring back to Walter, but on another, this episode plays homage to being able to time travel to 'a future' as Bobby Joyce could with the help of the time and reality traveling Observers. (*Note Back to the Future References through out the show--especially through out Peter's arch)

If this is the case I can only conclude the glitch might be that the baby is not blue Olivia's, but rather the red's. This would be a great way to keep the red universe very relevant to the story...and my guess would be this baby is Nina Sharp as Rachel in the red universe didn't have an Ella, instead the sister will have a Nina...and then the Irony of Sharp giving blue Olivia advise of a mother, help raise Peter, and fall in love and work with William Bell in which she looses her baby...
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby Lockes disciple on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:54 am

Outstanding, DarthLocke. You've inspired me to get back into Fringe. I've been so busy lately, but reading your stuff always makes me intrigued. (Makes me think of the way your theories for Lost would have me want to do a quick re-watch of a particular episode.)
Image


Image
User avatar
Lockes disciple
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:04 am
Location: 1 step behind Locke
Gender: Male

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 am

Lockes disciple wrote:Outstanding, DarthLocke. You've inspired me to get back into Fringe. I've been so busy lately, but reading your stuff always makes me intrigued. (Makes me think of the way your theories for Lost would have me want to do a quick re-watch of a particular episode.)



Thanks, and VERY Glad to see you, or I guess I should say, read you again, LD! It has been far too long! :D

I thought about the possibility of maybe Peter being the father of Walter and Walternate, but I think that might be complicated since it seems like Walternate is rather with it, although if that were the case, and these Walters were placed back in time, then perhaps this would explain the weird dates with Robert Bishop's death and Walter's Birthday...however, unless the Walters would be adopted, I can't imagine blue Olivia being 'musical' or Peter as Robert working to bring down the Nazi's....so I think Nina as Ella's long lost cousin from another universe feels better and makes more sense.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Toto continue support Nina is another version of this baby theory...


The Same Old Story: Boy meets girl, they fall in love, start a family...

A phrase like 'the same old story' is about cycles and/or patterns.

In this episode we see an a baby born who rapidly ages to an old man...for 'whatever reason', Olivia goes to Massive Dynamics to get the optical scanner. While she is sitting in th waiting room she has this weird experience where she 'imagines' she is pregnant with some kind of 'scary' baby inside...

We know that through out the first season she was able to project another universe, which may or may not be the red universe, or that in order for her brain to understand, she might have made things look a bit more like her universe when she flashed over, before she was really aware of what it was. Walter later explains that these things may be Deja vu--showing us paths in other universe not taken 'here'.

It's almost like she also could project the future of the red universe, which maybe means that there is a future red universe. ( A purple universe? ) That this to some degree has already happened some timeline before...

But more curious is that this happened in Massive Dynamic, while waiting for Nina --the name Massive Dynamic itself may be a nod to "M" theory-multi-universe.

In this sense, the same old story might be, boy meets girl, they fall in love, start a family...but really nothing is ever really the same, because we have potential to know we are taking roads not taken elsewhere. As September said, "They are all unique."
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Ok. So I must owe up to the fact that Nina is not another version of Red Peter and Red Olivia's baby, at least in terms of the Red universe.

However more parallels ensue from 3x19...

One thing that never occurred to me until this episode was that both blue Olivia and Nina have had rather 'traumatic' experiences, being taken against their will while in elevators and both pertaining to William Bell.

In the dream sequence from 3x19 we see Nina fall down the elevator shaft. This could be a metaphor for death, but is also could be a metaphor for memory loss.....

As I still keep thinking that these two universes are a manifestation and result from some other original parental universe, I have come to conclude that these characters and universes would be like a reincarnation and children of the parent universe. It's possible given that 'the conscience' never dies, and that death is not the end, that memories might also be 'transferred' and "hidden" with in one's new memory. "The Plateau" may also mirror this, as one could be pushed of the edge, (be on the fringe) of some plateau. Blue Olivia's memories get surpressed when she caves into knowing she could have [some version] of her mother back, and the other Olivia's memories surface, until an Astral Peter appears reminding her that 'this isn't right'--trying to guide her back to him. IMO I think there is a physical and macro cosmic reason for this projection, just as their is a physical reason she could astral project John Scott, as both Peter in "The Plateau" and in "LSD", and John Scott in "The Transformation" prove themselves to Olivia. John Scott may have taken on the role of Peter from this previous timeline.

Anyways the blue universe represents not only supression, but also memory LOSS, and Loss (death) in general as these characters are more 'Lost' and in the dark, then the red universe. Plus the snow flake motif that comes with Olivia also may play into both 'hidden/covered" truths, but also as preservation as snow flake is Water in it's frozen state, which is now melting because of the red Olivia, Peter, and Walternate.... So if Nina does relate to the Olivia's, I expect that one of them may plummet to their doom...and that this man hidden in Olivia's mind will be responsible, as perhaps another manifestation of him in another life time was also...
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Mon May 09, 2011 2:08 am

Image

Ok Guys, bare with me, or at least humor me a little. :lol:


IMO this 2026 is fluid, because we might say time is fluid. So this future does exist, it really can be used as a mirror, stepping stone, and filler in order to reveal the truth and to use what we learn from it to gain knowlege of what happened before.

With that I feel strongly that this 2026 harbors information of the original timeline. Which includes technology from @ their 2041 that is able to create, or terra form realties which have created the the two alternate children timelines (red and blue) that come with course correction, as the two compete to have only one of everything, which is prolonging and hidding the truth, that the cause of destruction is not coming directly from the two realities interactment, but really it was about the technology used in the prime universe...

With that one thing that I think was sufficiant was the little girl next door, Amanda, who drew a picture of Peter and Olivia's future daughter, who had yet to exist in this reality.

Paula Malcomson guest starred in the episode "The Stowaway". Her case was curious because she kept trying to find a way to kill herself, but ulimately just kept killing other people, as their energy seemed to pass back to onto her-keeping her alive. Her character's name was Dana Gray. There were many references to her Caprica character too, which includes her name, as Dana Gray is VERY simular to AMANDA Graystone...For Caprica fans who are also Battlestar fans, we know Caprica happens the way it does because appearenly "God's Plan" incudes system repeats--->course correction-->simulation. There was also nods to Battlestar in "The Day We Died", as one electrolights went of in an Opera House! In addition TDWD featured terrorism being the cause of destruction, which then also mirrored earlier terrorists in FRINGE (ZFT/End of Dayers) which are simular to Caprica's 'Soldiers of the One'...In addition one could argue that Zoe's promise of redemtion which starts in Caprica is not fulffiled until the time of Battlestar by a possible incarnate, Hera. --For Zoe, Amanda's daughter, sought to find love through her manifestations with out the political asperation of her parents, does the Battlestar crew choose the life of a little girl over everything else.

Amanda and Dana also have the letters DNA within them, which when thinking about timelines/realities or engineering one, DNA might be a good way to look at them (Bloodline--->Immortality)

With all of this I would like to propose that 2026 actually showed us a little girl that exists...and perhpas it is Nina Sharp.



The whole point of gray in title of "The Day We Died" plays on the 'temporary' - what if sanario, but like episode "Grey Matters", emphisizes "Missing Memories" or things that are hideen, such a prime reality that has come to manifest it's course throught two offspring entangled realities...In addition to Amanda Gray there is also Emmanual Grayson in "The Road Not Taken" he proposes that what is happening is the plot of J.J. Abrams 2009 film of Star Trek, where he explains a coming war with "Renagae Romulins from the future here to change the time line. He also mentions "The Wrath of Kham" which is also about terraforming and reincarnating people through two types of memory transference. Grayson's name itself is also the name of Spock's human mother, AMANDA Grayson.


Nina Sharps past has been not explored much at all. In "Peter" I thought it was curious that Nina looked realitively the same in 1985 as she does in the first decade of the 2000's, but I dismissed it, because I though that the writers/show runners just wanted to use Blair Brown, as they used John Noble...but in the Olivia's funeral scene in "The Day We Died", there Nina sat agian not looking any different...no 'gray' hair or anything. She looked reminsent of how she looked at Blue Peter's funeral..



Image
Image

In addition Nina has been preety much in the dark during these last few episodes....and no doppleganger in the red reality has yet to be revealed. So truely believe that something is going on here....


The flip side is that because of what Peter did, we do not know if Henry still exists, nor do we know if he existed in the prime reality...but in any case the 2026 timeline showed a family that couldn't be and now we might also see a family that couldn't be...

However, looking back at "LSD" there is another parallel, as Peter proves to Olivia that he knows whom she is, and takes little Olivia's hand and walks out the door with her which in ables her to survive from Bell's incarnation with in her....could maybe Peter prime have saved his daughter and placed her some time later in the new blue reality??


Image
Image

Ok, I just thought of a backlash..since I already feel that the red is more like, or has more in common with the prime reality (because I think it was until the alterations), then what if in the Prime reality Olivia was a red head. Peter once commented to red Olivia, "You look like someone I know, but your hair is different...I like YOURS better!"

In addition Tales of Fringe Comic-Nina's back story also parallels here: Nina was going to have a baby, but her arm was mutating her DNA, so she had to choose betweeenher arm and her baby...Bell preferred if she would not have the baby and come work for him, but he aknowledged that she always wanted a family...She chooses the baby, but one night sometime before she could have surgery he is out in a freak lightening storm and lightening stikes her...the doctors tell her that she lost the baby, but if it wouldn't have been for her arm taking the brunt of the force she would have been dead too. The arguement might be made, however if she wouldn't of had her arm replaced to begin with, the lightening might not have struck her...these paralles blue 2026 Olivia as she wants a family and that she was hit with electrolight sonic flash bomb--

Then Nina could be Prime Oliva--but how and why she is "here" like this, I have no real idea, or anything to support it except for 6B's initial thought of "ghosts"...But then agian 2026 made point to include Ella to emphisize realitivity of family following in family footsteps... :hmm:
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby JacobsMom on Wed May 11, 2011 3:12 am

I guess I disagree that Nina looks the same during the funeral for Olivia. I think they did try to make both Walter and Nina look older with a slight thinning of their lips and lighter makeup. Not everyone ends up with gray hair either as they age. I can see a slight difference in what they did with her from Peter's funeral to this one. Unfortunately, I don't think the makeup artists succeeded in making either of them look 15 years older for this episode.

I am sort of disappointed that we didn't get any new information on Nina for the season. I just hope that she has some interesting story line that is all her very own and not some "reincarnation" of someone else. To me, that would be much more exciting than trying to fit her into another character we already know about.
User avatar
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 pm
Gender: Female

Next

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron