[Official] Fringe News and Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:39 pm

supermodel wrote:Hi everyone. I am back from my holiday travels, I know you all missed me.

Fringebloggers has a nice roundup of some year-end praise for Fringe. It made a lot of "top ten" lists.

As one year ends, a new one begins. But before Fringe looks ahead to 2011, it rides out on a wave of praise so big that it’s enough to make Olivia blush.

FRINGE Rides Out 2010 On A Wave of Praise

I did miss you! Thanks for the link :D

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby supermodel on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:13 pm

From our friends at Fringebloggers:
People’s Choice Awards: Fringe Wins Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show!

Congratulations to the cast and crew of Fringe for winning the FAVORITE SCI-FI/FANTASY SHOW in the 37th Annual People’s Choice Awards!

Fringe Cortexiphaned the likes of True Blood, Smallville, and, future Friday night competitor, Supernatural to obtain gold. While I’m all for impartiality, this is well-deserved recognition and a timely little boost for the show as it moves to a new night.

You can see how the winner looks on top of the pile, below the jump.

RESULTS: PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS – FAVORITE SCI-FI/FANTASY SHOW

FRINGE
Smallville
Supernatural
True Blood
The Vampire Diaries

While winning this award guarantees nothing as far as ratings go, it should be remembered that the votes came from the fans – consumers with the ability to choose which shows they invite into their homes. Such support is most welcome, particularly with Fringe moving to the relative ‘unknown’ of Friday nights.

The take-away? Do not underestimate the importance of people and their choices. Fringe will be needing all of you to be just as dedicated from January 21st.

Thanks to all of you who sent this through – too many to credit individually, but cheers for the old heads-up.

source: People’s Choice Awards
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:16 pm

:thumbsup: so glad Fringe finally got some recognition!
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:08 am

supermodel wrote:From our friends at Fringebloggers:
People’s Choice Awards: Fringe Wins Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show!

Congratulations to the cast and crew of Fringe for winning the FAVORITE SCI-FI/FANTASY SHOW in the 37th Annual People’s Choice Awards!

Fringe Cortexiphaned the likes of True Blood, Smallville, and, future Friday night competitor, Supernatural to obtain gold. While I’m all for impartiality, this is well-deserved recognition and a timely little boost for the show as it moves to a new night.

You can see how the winner looks on top of the pile, below the jump.

RESULTS: PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS – FAVORITE SCI-FI/FANTASY SHOW

FRINGE
Smallville
Supernatural
True Blood
The Vampire Diaries

While winning this award guarantees nothing as far as ratings go, it should be remembered that the votes came from the fans – consumers with the ability to choose which shows they invite into their homes. Such support is most welcome, particularly with Fringe moving to the relative ‘unknown’ of Friday nights.

The take-away? Do not underestimate the importance of people and their choices. Fringe will be needing all of you to be just as dedicated from January 21st.

Thanks to all of you who sent this through – too many to credit individually, but cheers for the old heads-up.

source: People’s Choice Awards

Congrats to FRINGE! I think any good PR like this helps!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Q&A with Lance Reddick about his music career. He recently released his first album.

Spoiler free, there is no mention of Fringe.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:07 pm

Here's a spoiler free interview with Jasika Nicole:
http://www.assignmentx.com/2011/exclusi ... uble-time/
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 am

supermodel wrote:Here's a spoiler free interview with Jasika Nicole:
http://www.assignmentx.com/2011/exclusi ... uble-time/

Thanks supermodel. I just love Jasika! :) I hope tptb keep expanding Astrid's character next season and hopefully an episode with some Astrid history/background for the viewers. :thumbup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby supermodel on Mon May 02, 2011 3:21 pm

E! Online has an interview with Ari Margolis, the FOX marketing guy who creates the promos for Fringe:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b239457_meet_genius_behind_fringes.html
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Thu May 05, 2011 9:35 pm

This article is an unusually harsh criticism of Fringe. The writer is really unhappy with this season. Overall I do not agree with his general dislike of the show, but I have to admit he has some good point. His least favorite epis are all my least favorite epis.

[url+http://www.inlander.com/spokane/blog-3222-the-problem-with-fringe.html]The Problem WIth Fringe [/url]

I have been having a lot of trouble articulating the reasons why I do not wish to see any more universes, but this writer has hit the nail on the head: "it essentially adds variations on characters, instead of deepening the ones we currently have."

I'm sure we all agree this is an extremely negative view written by someone who just doesn't like the show. But I think we also agree that no show is a perfect ten every week and there are going to be some missteps. I appreciate that this writer's criticism is well thought out and supported by example.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby Daniel Walters on Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Nah, I love the show. Or at least love what it can be: http://www.inlander.com/spokane/blog-24 ... -2010.html.

But I feel this season has made several major missteps -- much of the season seems to be running in place, and in ways that don't capture the emotional weight of previous storylines. As I said, it seems to be an attempt to capture what has worked in the past -- and not succeeding.
Daniel Walters
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Fri May 06, 2011 2:12 am

Daniel Walters wrote:Nah, I love the show. Or at least love what it can be: http://www.inlander.com/spokane/blog-24 ... -2010.html.

But I feel this season has made several major missteps -- much of the season seems to be running in place, and in ways that don't capture the emotional weight of previous storylines. As I said, it seems to be an attempt to capture what has worked in the past -- and not succeeding.

I disagree. The variation is what makes us appreciate each character more, as the point to even bother to explore a semi-parallel universe is to be able to compaire the uniqueness. --Although, I see course correction starting to attempt to eliminate too much variation because through Peter, the Olivias are becoming more alike and there paths/experiences are starting to become the same.

I LOVE this season and felt like it has improved on making the Fringe cases heavily mirror the personal things the characters are going through, adding more dramatic thematic tie-ins, and giving big hints in evolusionary progressions in life extention in conjuntion to the entanglement--survival of the fittest -- that seems to haunt the characters.

IMO I think multi-universe can add more weight, especially since "White Tulip" and "August" give way to course correction, suggesting something specific is attempting to determine the course (simulation hypothesis/Divide and conquer)--which partually might have to do with the survival of one, because there might have just been one universe to begin with, although I am sure other factors may derive.

There are also ways to do multi-universe with out taking too much attention away from the red and blue universe...time travelers, continueing to explore the observers, and seeing "what if" sanarios and introducing other characters that have more informationn.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 pm

I couple of new interviews to entertain us before the season finale:

Interview with Lance Reddick, talks about playing both Broyles

Interview with producers Pinkner and Wyman

Both spoiler-free.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby real1 on Fri May 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Daniel Walters wrote:Nah, I love the show. Or at least love what it can be: http://www.inlander.com/spokane/blog-24 ... -2010.html.

I semi agree if that can be counted ! , i think some directions which the writers did choose influenced the story line this season but over all it's very great season and they can over come about some of these directions .

:cool:
real1
Stunt Double

Postby JacobsMom on Fri May 06, 2011 11:23 pm

supermodel wrote:E! Online has an interview with Ari Margolis, the FOX marketing guy who creates the promos for Fringe:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b239457_meet_genius_behind_fringes.html

This guy sounds awesome! Yes, we Fringe fans are THE best fans. :thumbup: I also love that he wears a Fringe shirt every Friday. Sounds like a dream job to me for any film maker who is a super Fringe fan. Can't wait for more amazing videos for the next season from the people at FOX.

-- Merged Double Post --

I read this list of the top 10 shows and I guess I've only watched two of the shows on the list, Fringe and of course, The Daily Show. Every other show on this list is either on a cable channel I don't get or ones I tried to watch but really, really hated. Community and Parks & Recreation are two of the ones I just can't stand.

I don't think the overall theme of Fringe is for every single viewer out there. To me it's similar to Lost. You either love it or hate it and I loved it from day one. Fringe was the same way for me and it didn't hurt that we had a Lost writer...Pinkner... helping to launch the show. I agree with Darth that I think Fringe has only gotten better and this season has been simply amazing IMO. And I also disagree, because, if you've watched this show closely each season, you CAN see there has been a real PATTERN. ;)
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby supermodel on Tue May 31, 2011 2:47 pm

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Bryce Dallas Howard Expecting Second Child
9:05 PM 5/26/2011 by Paula Zulian

Bryce Dallas Howard is expecting her second child with Fringe actor Seth Gabel, Us Weekly reports.

Married since 2006, Howard, 30, and Gabel, 29, welcomed their first son Theo in February 2007.

The actress dealt with postpartum depression after her first son's birth.

"Before Theo was born, I had been in good humor about my 80-pound weight gain, but I was now mortified by it," the actress wrote on Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP blog in July 2010.

Howard can next be seen in The Help and 50/50. Gabel was recently promoted to series regular status on the upcoming fourth season of Fox’s Fringe.
supermodel
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]