[Official] Fringe News and Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby supermodel on Tue May 31, 2011 2:48 pm

From Variety:
Perez and Reddick sign on for 'Rise'

EXCLUSIVE: Rosie Perez and "Fringe" thesp Lance Reddick have joined the cast of Walden Media's education drama "Still I Rise," which will be released in the U.S. by 20th Century Fox.
Inspired by America's current education crisis, pic stars Maggie Gyllenhaal and Viola Davis as two frustrated mothers who team up to transform an inner-city public school in Pittsburgh.

Oscar Isaac and Holly Hunter co-star as a teacher and the head of the teachers union, respectively.

Perez will play a former teacher who is now the poised-yet-frank head of the school board, while Reddick will play Davis' husband who's also a teacher.

Daniel Barnz is directing, having recently rewritten Brin Hill's original script.

Mark Johnson is producing through his Gran Via Prods. banner, and production is just getting under way in Pittsburgh. Walden Media's Michael Bostick and Morgan Palmer are overseeing the project.

Perez, whose last studio pic was 2008's "Pineapple Express," earned an Independent Spirit Award nomination for her turn in "The Take" opposite John Leguizamo, who she recently re-teamed with on the indie comedy "Fugly!"

Reddick is best known for playing Lt. Daniels on HBO's "The Wire." Thesp also had a key recurring role on ABC's "Lost" and recently appeared on the bigscreen in "Jonah Hex."

Reddick is repped by Innovative Artists and Steven Adams Entertainment, while ICM and Authentic Talent & Literary Management rep Perez.

Contact Jeff Sneider at jeff.sneider@variety.com
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Tue May 31, 2011 3:16 pm

supermodel wrote:From Variety:
Perez and Reddick sign on for 'Rise'

EXCLUSIVE: Rosie Perez and "Fringe" thesp Lance Reddick have joined the cast of Walden Media's education drama "Still I Rise," which will be released in the U.S. by 20th Century Fox.
Inspired by America's current education crisis, pic stars Maggie Gyllenhaal and Viola Davis as two frustrated mothers who team up to transform an inner-city public school in Pittsburgh.

Oscar Isaac and Holly Hunter co-star as a teacher and the head of the teachers union, respectively.

Perez will play a former teacher who is now the poised-yet-frank head of the school board, while Reddick will play Davis' husband who's also a teacher.

Daniel Barnz is directing, having recently rewritten Brin Hill's original script.

Mark Johnson is producing through his Gran Via Prods. banner, and production is just getting under way in Pittsburgh. Walden Media's Michael Bostick and Morgan Palmer are overseeing the project.

Perez, whose last studio pic was 2008's "Pineapple Express," earned an Independent Spirit Award nomination for her turn in "The Take" opposite John Leguizamo, who she recently re-teamed with on the indie comedy "Fugly!"

Reddick is best known for playing Lt. Daniels on HBO's "The Wire." Thesp also had a key recurring role on ABC's "Lost" and recently appeared on the bigscreen in "Jonah Hex."

Reddick is repped by Innovative Artists and Steven Adams Entertainment, while ICM and Authentic Talent & Literary Management rep Perez.

Contact Jeff Sneider at jeff.sneider@variety.com


So I guess we won't be seeing much of him on FRINGE :unsure: ...wonder if this means that one result of Peter's alteration was the death of both Broyles! --If that's the case, then that "death" reference back in LSD was a def a forshadowment! Jacobsmom would be right!
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Tue May 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Sorry guys, wrong thread!
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby supermodel on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:19 pm

Not sure where to post this tidbit from The Hollywood Reporter. It's more about the TV business then any one show specifically. But it has a few seconds related to Fringe!

Watch 'Lost,' 'House' and 'Fringe' Showrunners in New Documentary Trailer

Fan of Lost, House or Spartacus? A new documentary, Showrunners, details the people running the TV shows behind the scenes.

Several players, including participants in this year's THR drama showrunner Emmy roundtable Sons of Anarchy's Kurt Sutter and Men of a Certain Age's Mike Royce, are featured in a doc that delves into the blurred lines between being a writer, producer and the face of a TV show.

The funniest soundbite? From Lost's Damon Lindelof, of course.

Interviewer: "I might chronologically just move around things a little bit .."
Lindelof: "I'm used to that."

Also included are House's David Shore (interviewed before Fox officially picked up the series for Season 8), TNT exec Michael Wright, Spartacus' Steven S. DeKnight, former Without a Trace star Anthony LaPaglia, Battlestar Galactica's David Eick, Fringe EPs Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman, Dirt's Matthew Carnahan, Ben Silverman and One Tree Hill's Mark Schwahn.

The Good Wife's Michelle King, Janet Tamaro of TNT's Rizzoli & Isles and House writer Pam Davis also will appear, though aren't in the trailer, according to the film's Facebook page.



Follow the link above to visit THR, which has a 3 minute video excerpt. I have no idea how to copy video from there to here.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Here you go. :) You just highlight the link and then click the youtube button on the far right of the html list. It wouldn't work for me at first either cause I had to take off the last bit of the link that said "channel video title". Appreciate the link, supermodel.
Image
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
User avatar
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:26 pm
Location: North Cackalacky
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:47 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
supermodel wrote:From Variety:
Perez and Reddick sign on for 'Rise'

EXCLUSIVE: Rosie Perez and "Fringe" thesp Lance Reddick have joined the cast of Walden Media's education drama "Still I Rise," which will be released in the U.S. by 20th Century Fox.
Inspired by America's current education crisis, pic stars Maggie Gyllenhaal and Viola Davis as two frustrated mothers who team up to transform an inner-city public school in Pittsburgh.

Oscar Isaac and Holly Hunter co-star as a teacher and the head of the teachers union, respectively.

Perez will play a former teacher who is now the poised-yet-frank head of the school board, while Reddick will play Davis' husband who's also a teacher.

Daniel Barnz is directing, having recently rewritten Brin Hill's original script.

Mark Johnson is producing through his Gran Via Prods. banner, and production is just getting under way in Pittsburgh. Walden Media's Michael Bostick and Morgan Palmer are overseeing the project.

Perez, whose last studio pic was 2008's "Pineapple Express," earned an Independent Spirit Award nomination for her turn in "The Take" opposite John Leguizamo, who she recently re-teamed with on the indie comedy "Fugly!"

Reddick is best known for playing Lt. Daniels on HBO's "The Wire." Thesp also had a key recurring role on ABC's "Lost" and recently appeared on the bigscreen in "Jonah Hex."

Reddick is repped by Innovative Artists and Steven Adams Entertainment, while ICM and Authentic Talent & Literary Management rep Perez.

Contact Jeff Sneider at jeff.sneider@variety.com


So I guess we won't be seeing much of him on FRINGE :unsure: ...wonder if this means that one result of Peter's alteration was the death of both Broyles! --If that's the case, then that "death" reference back in LSD was a def a forshadowment! Jacobsmom would be right!


I checked this movie out a little and it looks like filming is already in progress at this point in Pittsburgh. The title is actually "Still I Rise". It could be that Lance has a small roll in this film and that his part will be done by the time Fringe starts up production on season 4. I'm not sure when that will be? I do hope that tptb don't write Broyles out completely though! :( Maybe the way the story line will start in season 4, Broyles won't be on for a couple of episodes??
User avatar
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby supermodel on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:24 pm

This really isn't abotu Fringe but I thought people would be intersted in seeing the clip of JJ Abrams on The Daily Show last night. They talk about making movies and, at about 4:00, they talk about making TV shows.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv- ... _blog.html
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby supermodel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:54 pm

From TVOvermind
LOST Star Rebecca Mader Shows Off Her Sexy Fringe Love

As Charlotte Lewis, she won Daniel Faraday's heart on LOST's mysterious Island. Now she's trying to win the hearts of the producers of FOX's sci-fi series Fringe. Friday night, Mader sent a tweet directed to executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman, featuring the caption "Ready when you are boys!!!" The image featured Mader looking rather fetching wearing a Fringe t-shirt and a Fringe Division baseball cap.

Now, while most 'sexy' photos sent on Twitter usually end with a resignation from Congress, this one should be doing nothing but getting Mader more love. "I need you on #Fringe permanently," replied one of Mader's followers, which Mader retweeted.

It didn't take Pinkner very long to respond. "Uh, that sound you hear? That BOOM...? That's my brain exploding!" Even Fringe composer Chris Tilton was intrigued: "Can you come over here and help inspire music for Fringe?" he tweeted to her.

Is Mader trying to go for a stint on Fringe? I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her in a guest or even recurring role. In addition to her role on LOST, we've recently seen Mader in roles on No Ordinary Family and Law & Order: Los Angeles. She's recently been slated for a guest role on Covert Affairs. Here's hoping that this tweet will convince Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman to get her a role in Fringe's upcoming fourth season.

Fringe will return for a fourth season in September.

Image
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:52 pm

supermodel wrote:From TVOvermind
LOST Star Rebecca Mader Shows Off Her Sexy Fringe Love

As Charlotte Lewis, she won Daniel Faraday's heart on LOST's mysterious Island. Now she's trying to win the hearts of the producers of FOX's sci-fi series Fringe. Friday night, Mader sent a tweet directed to executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman, featuring the caption "Ready when you are boys!!!" The image featured Mader looking rather fetching wearing a Fringe t-shirt and a Fringe Division baseball cap.

Now, while most 'sexy' photos sent on Twitter usually end with a resignation from Congress, this one should be doing nothing but getting Mader more love. "I need you on #Fringe permanently," replied one of Mader's followers, which Mader retweeted.

It didn't take Pinkner very long to respond. "Uh, that sound you hear? That BOOM...? That's my brain exploding!" Even Fringe composer Chris Tilton was intrigued: "Can you come over here and help inspire music for Fringe?" he tweeted to her.

Is Mader trying to go for a stint on Fringe? I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her in a guest or even recurring role. In addition to her role on LOST, we've recently seen Mader in roles on No Ordinary Family and Law & Order: Los Angeles. She's recently been slated for a guest role on Covert Affairs. Here's hoping that this tweet will convince Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman to get her a role in Fringe's upcoming fourth season.

Fringe will return for a fourth season in September.

Image



Oh I hope she does! That would be so cool! :thumbsup: I really liked Charlotte and would have loved to have gotten to know more about her. Kind of weird because I was writing a fringe fanfic-alternate universe, where most characters are the opposite sex... where she was the model I used for a character named, Johanna Aries...who was a time traveling terrorist and love interest of Oliver Dunham :blush:

On another note, I know Bad Robot has not forgotten her either, because the main female character in Alcatraz, played by Sarah Jones is named,
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Rebecca Madson


This would be especially kewl, if Peter flashes through time in season 4...as Charlotte died and never fully expressed her affection for Daniel...

Thanks Supermodel for the possibly exciting news!!!
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby supermodel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 pm

I didn't particularly like Charlotte but I must admit she is rockin' that Fringe tee shirt!
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby supermodel on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 pm

From TVOvermind:

Fringe Star Anna Torv Reveals a Role She Almost Played in Season 3
The season three episode "Subject 13" is a brilliant one that reveals the childhood backstories of Peter and Olivia -- and the conscious start of the war between the universes. "I wanted to play the teacher in [that] episode," Torv told TVLine.

If you're thinking just how much that would have screwed with the heads of Fringe fans everywhere, you're not alone. Doing that would have spawned millions of fan theories and would have disrupted the story the writers wanted to tell. Although... It would have been cool to hear Torv use her natural Australian accent in the episode, as she intended to do.

"I nearly got [the writers] to do it, but they thought it might be too confusing," Torv admitted. "So I let that go!"

Those writers know their stuff. It would have indeed been cool to watch Torv in yet another Fringe role, but having her play anyone but Olivia (or Altlivia, or Altlivia-as-Olivia, or Future Olivia, or Bellivia) might have been too confusing for even the most cerebral of Fringies.

Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:56 am

Anna Torv and John Noble Pick Up Saturn Awards!! L.A. Times Sits Down With Torv for an Interview!
http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/Fringe
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby supermodel on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:17 pm

From Airlock Alpha, there are a few interesting tidbits here:
John Noble Hints At Five Seasons For 'Fringe'
Fans were excited when Fox decided to give "Fringe" a fourth season, despite what some viewed as a move to purgatory of Friday nights.

They may be even more excited now to hear that Fox could in fact already be considering a fifth season of the show as well.

John Noble, who plays the smart yet fumbling Dr. Walter Bishop on the series, says he expects the show to go five seasons, but that would be about it. That suggests that Warner Bros. Television may be interested in keeping its license fee to Fox low enough to create a syndication package, which could be far easily accomplished through five seasons instead of just four.

Audiences have been tuning out of "Fringe," first on a difficult and highly competitive Thursday night, and then later even more after Fox moved it to Fridays. That move had many believing that "Fringe" would be ending its run, despite a critically acclaimed storyline involving an alternate universe. Yet, Fox is always full of surprises, and announced the show would be on its fall schedule.

When the show does come back -- as was teased in the third season finale -- there could be some changes -- including the loss of Walter's son, Peter, played by Joshua Jackson.

"All I know is that ['Fringe'] will do a reset, and that [the writers] are really excited," Noble recently told TV Line. "I know that they have about nine episodes in a sort of package" to begin the season.

Noble won't be pushed back to just a single character, however. Instead, he is still expected to play the alternate universe version of himself, who the characters on the show dub as "Walternate." In fact, the two characters could be working together in the future, according to Digital Spy.

"It doesn't make sense for them not to, ultimately, but it won't be easy," Noble said.

"Fringe" returns in the fall on Fox Fridays. In the meantime, you can vote for both Jackson and Noble as well as their co-star Anna Torv in the 2011 Airlock Alpha Portal Awards, taking place right now. Also nominated from the show is the episode "Lysergic Acid Diethylamide," and Leonard Nimoy as a special guest in that episode.

"Fringe" itself is also up for Best Series/Television.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Fringe - One of the Special Covers for TV Guide's Comic Con Issue!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/comic-con-tv-guide-2011-covers-fringe.html
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests