Just a sudden crazy thought...

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Just a sudden crazy thought...

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:24 pm

So I have been dancing around this idea that Peter may actually have another person's or beings DNA inside him (possibly a decendant of a First Person, as Violet Sedan Chair could be a nod to the machine and it's use)...

Although I don't believe what Sam tells Nina is the whole truth, but it also doesn't mean that it doesn't bare some weight, as I have always though Peter has struggled with his identity, and that each Olivia not only represents traits of their universes, but also the instability or dualty of Peter's identity. He could never decide on who he was or what he wanted to be...for what purpose does he act and choose!

I have also been rewatching the series and I am on episode 6 in season two. I just recantly watched "Night of the Desirable" objects. The first time I watched it, the following line from Walter alway struck me hard.
"The grave of a boy... who was not in his grave."

Most people would conclude that this just refers to Peter existing in this universe, where Peter ought to be dead, but what if it was more literal? -What if in this universe Peter's body wasn't in the grave? What if Walter had to dig Peter up and mix the Peters DNA together in order to help the stolen Peter physically stablize after coming over here???

Now the problem with this is that it doesn't explain how the machine works, or the connection to "the first people", unless The First People are people who hybrid themselves from two universes into one body!

Probably not, but just felt compelled to write out. :lol:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Just a sudden crazy thought...

Postby Lockes disciple on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:14 am

Good stuff, Ms. DarthLocke. I haven't kept up with spoilers from Fringe, but I did see on wikipedia that an upcoming episode entitled "6 Months Later" will be a follow up after Peter's abduction. They could very well have Walternate give some explanation as to Peter's significance and perhaps confirm your theory. Hybrid DNA sounds good to me. There must be some connection to him and the First people.

Lockes disciple
Star Billing

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Lockes disciple wrote:Good stuff, Ms. DarthLocke. I haven't kept up with spoilers from Fringe, but I did see on wikipedia that an upcoming episode entitled "6 Months Later" will be a follow up after Peter's abduction. They could very well have Walternate give some explanation as to Peter's significance and perhaps confirm your theory. Hybrid DNA sounds good to me. There must be some connection to him and the First people.

Thanks. :D

I mean there really could be a bunch of different ways Peter could be 'altered' and/or effected by the machine.
But I like the idea that there could be 2 different entities inside him and the machine triggers one over the other. It just would make sense that this is the reason why Peter has been so contorted for most of his life and also why his behavior isn't consistent and/or his thoughts betray him...

My mom, who usually doesn't want to get into theories with me, actually took this one a step further (it also goes with some ideas real1 has). She thinks maybe one way or another the blue universe Peter's body (or head) may have been growing and preserved somewhere in Massive Dynamic. --Going with how John Scott worked, perhaps there is a reason that Olivia could see an astral projected Peter while she was 'over there'.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby real1 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Well , if Peter has carrying another DNA .. I will say the same about Olivia , both are connecting to each other , I came with ..Olivia is carrying 2 souls in her ....... but not sure how .

I did ask in another site if the blue Peter's body is still somewhere exist ? .. i don't think that Walter did buried him .. we just saw the coffin but not the body of the young Peter ........ and to even complicated more .. what if Olivia from another universe and the only survivor and did bring with her the window to see the other universe ? ... and from her Wlater did cure Peter even more ?

The theories are many :)

:cool:
real1
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Just a conversation to add from White Tulip suggesting that (at least to someone, such as the Observers or First People) there is a specific course for one or of many realities, and more proof that Peter is lacking in stability, or there is a type of path confusion, to support my theory of dual indentity-lack of specifc, despite Peck's initiative to change or create an alternate reality, we can't conclude if this is truly the case since we can not see other outcomes from the times in which Peck leaves off...

OLIVIA: Wow, I'm having déjà vu.
PETER: Yeah, I read that déjà vu is fate's way of telling you that you're exactly where you're supposed to be. That's why you feel like you've been there before. You are right in line with you're own destiny.
OLIVIA: Well, do you believe that?
PETER: Mmm... no. It's a bit mystical for my taste. I never get them, myself. Maybe that's 'cause I'm not on track with my own destiny

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:09 am

Whatever is going on between Peter and the machine, I like the idea that Walter's brain-enhancing milkshake could intensify the effect. That could give Peter more control, or it could make the connection more out of control.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby deneph on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:16 pm

I've noticed that Peter seems to be associated with the color green. In the first episode Walter seemed surprised that Peter's eyes were green and not blue. In Brown Betty, Peter had a green and blue towel over his shoulder. In Northwest Passage (I think that it's) Newton shoots a green dart at him. In Subject 13, he's wearing a green shirt with blue stripes, also AlterElizabeth is seen in green and I think the kitchen was green. I'm sure there are more examples but this is just off the top of my head. I'm wondering (crazy theory alert) if maybe redverse Peter wasn't the only boy brought to a different universe. I'm wondering if we're going to get a greenverse eventually. I do think Peter is working for himself and not either verse but have no backup for that, just a hunch. But there's something about Peter and the color green.
deneph
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:34 am

deneph wrote:I've noticed that Peter seems to be associated with the color green. In the first episode Walter seemed surprised that Peter's eyes were green and not blue. In Brown Betty, Peter had a green and blue towel over his shoulder. In Northwest Passage (I think that it's) Newton shoots a green dart at him. In Subject 13, he's wearing a green shirt with blue stripes, also AlterElizabeth is seen in green and I think the kitchen was green. I'm sure there are more examples but this is just off the top of my head. I'm wondering (crazy theory alert) if maybe redverse Peter wasn't the only boy brought to a different universe. I'm wondering if we're going to get a greenverse eventually. I do think Peter is working for himself and not either verse but have no backup for that, just a hunch. But there's something about Peter and the color green.

I think this is a GREAT call. If you look at the Violet Sedan Chair Album, the whole album has a psychedelic/art noveau type theme to it showing a color spectrum. The water/river in the center under Olivia's face is dark green towards the bottom of the album. On the back they list the tracks, but there is one track (???) that has not appeared on any album yet titled "Green Mana" Mana is type of [special] food (some times thought to be truffles) featured in Biblical scripture, but also there is Mana:

Mana is an indigenous Pacific islander concept of an impersonal force or quality that resides in people, animals, and (debatably) inanimate objects. The word is a cognate in many Oceanic languages, including Melanesian, Polynesian, and Micronesian.
In anthropological discourse, mana as a generalized concept is often understood as a precursor to formal religion. It has commonly been interpreted as "the stuff of which magic is formed," as well as the substance of which souls are made.

^This makes the most sense, because season three has been going down this line of hinting of 'life after death' /fear of the unknown/extinction ("Marionette", "Immortality" and "6B" --->William Bell believed in being able to come back using "soul magnets")

So I think you are right we should expect something green and something from the great 'beyond'. :thumbsup:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby deneph on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Your Mana mention seems to go along the lines of Peter being a savior or messiah, very cool. I got a bit disappointed with the whole album thing and stopped paying attention to it, though I was thinking of getting it now that it's on itunes. I will check it out.
One way I'm stretching to make my little theory work is the red red red green scheme we keep seeing. I would love it to represent this...
In season 1 we find out Peter is from the redverse. Seasons 2 and 3 he's still redverse Peter but maybe in season 4 we find out he's actually greenverse Peter who's been brought over by Walternate and acting as an agent. Yeah, there's probably evidence against this if I look at the season again. I keep thinking of Nina in Brown Betty discussing how Peter is a con artist and only out for himself though. Maybe Walternate didn't seem that upset that Peter went back to the blueverse because that's a different Peter and he still has his son in the redverse. But the whole baby discussion Walternate has with Faux puts that thought to rest. But I think there's something going on with Peter and it's not just the machine. Peter's interest in the machine may be different than our Fringie's interests.
deneph
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:00 pm

deneph wrote:Your Mana mention seems to go along the lines of Peter being a savior or messiah, very cool. I got a bit disappointed with the whole album thing and stopped paying attention to it, though I was thinking of getting it now that it's on itunes. I will check it out.

This is another good point because I also think Violet Sedan Chair is a nod to the machine(s) themselves.

Sedan Chairs were often used in ancient times as a means to transport persons of importants such as Royalty (Pharaohs, Kings, Queens, Leaders of Countries), Political figure heads (philisophers, astronomers, scribes, inventors, men of change or wealth) and "Men of God" (Bishops, Priests, THE POPE). The Pope often appears in and with purple features or accents to his dress or accessories).

Sedan chairs are literally 'human for human transportation device'.

Going back to Violet (or purple) -may also be a nod to electromagnetism (LOST -Light-flashes-nose bleeds).

I don't know if you have ever seen the movie or read the novel, "Contact", but IMO there are many parallels to it between the idea of this machine and Olivia mirroring the character Ellie Arroway.

I also remember reading a conspiracy theory that some believe 'alien' remains lie underneath the Vatican -under ST. Peter's square and/or in St. Peter's tomb... O.o (Our recant Pope actually aknowledged the possibility of aliens in the universe--which IMO by definition: alien could be any being from any where--such as other versions of ourselves from other realities-->see "astronaut theory"))

Also if the "yellow" in the glyph art is pointing to elements/particles that go along with this machine, then yellow and blue = green.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby deneph on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Funny that you mention the combined colors. I noticed in the Olivia and Peter drawing that while Peter is wearing a green shirt, Olivia is wearing orange, red and yellow.

Hmm, transportation. ARe you thinking that the machine is going to send Peter somewhere? Not just determine which universe survives?
deneph
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:19 pm

deneph wrote:Funny that you mention the combined colors. I noticed in the Olivia and Peter drawing that while Peter is wearing a green shirt, Olivia is wearing orange, red and yellow.

Hmm, transportation. ARe you thinking that the machine is going to send Peter somewhere? Not just determine which universe survives?

Yeah it's my guess based on J.J.'s Star Trek References and Battlestar Galactica reference, that the machines (there is one in each universe--the rebuilt first peoples and Walternate's) that the machines may "make" new timelines/realities......a type of time machine.

There are 7 general colors in a rainbow/prism...(spectrum)...it may be by the shows end that there is an entanglement of 7 universes, hence the album's title, "Seven Suns".

If we would mix the red with yellow we would get a shade of orange.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby deneph on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:38 pm

I was thinking we may be universes teaming up against other universe teams, all vying for supremacy.

I'm good with new timelines and realities, that could be very cool. Man, I hope this show gets several more seasons!
deneph
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:53 am

deneph wrote:I was thinking we may be universes teaming up against other universe teams, all vying for supremacy.

I'm good with new timelines and realities, that could be very cool. Man, I hope this show gets several more seasons!

I think that's what I love about this show, anything is possible! :D I too just want to get at least get a season 4. It's just so fun exploring and seeing the characters develop the way they have in such crazy circumstances! :lol:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]