[Official] Fringe Ep. 3.14 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Fringe Ep. 3.14 Discussion

Postby Finli Otego on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:52 pm

"6B"

9:00 p.m.

Discuss the new Fringe episode here!

THE TEAM BRIDGES EMOTIONAL GAPS ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18, ON FOX

A series of Fringe events leads the team to the home of a woman grieving over the death of her husband, while Peter and Olivia make an effort to repair the emotional rift between them

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Head Over Here for Fringe spoilers. (As opposed to Over There)

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 3.14 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:04 am

Is he gonna get them both 'In the family way'????
:rofl: :roll: :w00t: :P :D

Seriously though, really good episode.. :thumbsup:. I am glad that TPTB didn't drag the Peter/Olivia relationship out farther. If they had taken more time I think I would have gotten frustrated.

I did really like the way they layed the groundwork for a William Bell re-appearance. Reminded me of the 'Wathan Collector' idea from the Riverworld series... :thumbup:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:10 am

Meh, two stupid love stories in one episode. :thumbsdown:

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby SmokeyD on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:39 am

b3rt4 wrote:Meh, two stupid love stories in one episode. :thumbsdown:

Agreed, but this close (after) Valetine's Day, I will accept it as close to a 'lovey dovey' episode as I ever wanna see them get.

I am just glad they didn't drag the Peter/Olivia thing out for much longer, I would have really lost patience if TPTB had tried to explore the dynamic for 3-4 more episodes...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:45 am

yeah I just hope they'll be together now for good but I doubt it...

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby charliefan4life on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:29 am

Killjoy :thumbsdown: :P

I think they had to amp it up to make things more interesting when Peter has to make a choice. And I agree, they're definitely setting up for another Bell appearance.

Why isn't Nina telling them what bowling alley guy told her?

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Xindilini on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:44 am

Whoa! Too much too soon on the relationship front. :thumbsdown: It doesn't feel organic.

I just hope the payoff for all of this, at the end of this, works out well.
Last edited by Xindilini on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xindilini
Stunt Double

Postby LockeUp on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:44 am

For such a character driven episode I liked it. I know the rest of the season will get more like the "old" Fringe. I think it's going to get really really cool.
LockeUp
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:04 am

I really liked this one too!

So I this morning I woke up went out to feed the animals and my step dad just unexpectedly making pancakes...Then we had rather high winds (vortex), but the even stranger thing was that the location of 6B was in the Rosenkrantz building, which Rosenkrantz is my 82 yr old grandmother's, who lives (with out my grandfather-he died a few years ago) next door's, maiden name! Then last week, Mona Foster, Charlie's love-bug girl, reminded me of both Naussicaa and Beetlejuice...this episode started out, and in a way, even at the end, was about being able to live with 'ghosts' and let go of fear. (a nod to LOST perhaps).

I like how the episodes are starting to tie back to previous episodes and even first season. This one both came back to "The Ghost Network", and "Amber 31422"...not only did it get back to the amber, but Rosenkrantz is German for rose wreath tying ZFT and The Rose Brothers from those episodes back to this.

Just a note: Biblically the Jewish People were sometimes referred to as the rose--the one's that were chosen by God to survive after an apocolypse.

I thought the story was very character driven. What is also a surprise was that recently I thought that maybe there was something to each persons destiny and emotional fulfillment that would give weight to the mythology...this episode gave me more to chew on in that department, suggesting that human emotion is a part of quantum entanglement!

From early on I knew Mrs. Merchant most likely was seeing the red version of her husband and maybe he could see her too, but her performance was compelling that it really drove the story forward, and brought out something a bit more romantic in Peter...which was a little surprising, because in "White Tulip" (which actually there were white tulips in Mrs. Merchant's apartment) Peter says that Deja Vu was too mythical for his tastes, but her at the beginning of the episode he was willing to believe in ghosts--so I kind of wonder what is going on there? Perhaps it is just what Peter said to Olivia back in season 1, :There's an argument to be made that beneath every cynic is a frustrated romantic?!

And I agree with SmokeyD, I def think that was nod that we will be seeing William Bell again! :thumbsup:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby real1 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:37 pm

" who's stopping us "

From many things i would like to share it with you ............... i can't say it's a romantic episode , as i can't say it wasn't ! ..... " feelings" is the theme of this episode . do we like it ? yes we do ( me and my friends = we :P )

Ok let's start :

Really really Walter was the angle of this ep , he cares about Peter happiness .. so FOR 2 weeks they didn't hear from Olivia and he is the one who missed her :S ...... for 2 weeks Peter didn't even try to call her ? ask about how she is doing ? 2 weeks she didn't move from her apt ? ..... it's fine !

And Walter is out of the house ... just to let Peter go as if he isn't care about Olivia in his home ? .. walking around and oh yes help your self Olivia the pancake is good :thumbsdown:

Olivia still Olivia .. she want to go to work , and Peter finally did speak ( BUT the coffee in hand and the other hand in his bucket :thumbsdown: ) ..... ok nice talk Peter ... you let Olivia feel that she is the one who is stopping your relation with her ... not your action .. not even to tell her that your sorry and you can see the difference not any thing ! ..... ok to now it's still fine !

Then .. here is the big move ! Olivia is transform in to Fauxlivia !!!! :x ..... laughing as her .. I missed Olivia s1 and her cute laugh .... and then .... she did the 1st move .. and they kissed ????? really ? ... why ? .. to now .. am not seeing any proving from Peter that he is trying to be with her ? .. did i mention that for 2 WEEKS he didn't even try to call her ? :bored:

Ok Liv .... maybe you are trying .... and he is glimmering ..... :unsure: ...... and here Olivia is back ! .. she isn't sure if she can do this .. if she can fix the things .. if she can be as her because that's who she is :thumbup: good line Olivia ....... and Peter ?? didn't even say anything ?????? :huh:

Fine .......the theme is really wonderful .. woman from our side ... and man from the other side ..... ( are they hinting on something here ? ) .... good job Peter ! .. he said good line about the one which we loved .. we share with them alot of things .. and oops .. the man from over there had kids .. but the woman from over here hadn't ! ( again are they hinting on something here ? ) ..... so the man isn't her husband .. so she let him go !
So the deep feelings can merge to 2 universes now ? .. there isn't any 2 more couples can connect the universes now ?

AND ... major And !! ,,,,,,,, Olivia is going to Bishops house with bottle of whiskey :bored: ... again Olivia is making the first move .. and again .. she is kissing him ...at least .. he did hug her for the first time and now is putting his hand around her .

AND more than major and ...... Olivia is in her house or in Peter house ? i can't figured this !!!! :sneaky: ... she took him to his room ?????? really ?

As much as I shipp the 2 of them .... but I didn't expected to be like this .... I mean .. i like that they are finally together .. but .. still ... am not sure from Peter .... and I fear that Olivia will hurt again .....

not the best ep ... but i can add it to my fav .. after ep 9 and ep 12 .

I think the promo for the next ep is really nice .

:cool:
Last edited by real1 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
real1
Stunt Double

Postby b3rt4 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:37 pm

charliefan4life wrote:

As long as Olivia isn't sleeping with me I'm not gonna approve of any love story on this show. :glare:

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:57 pm

real1 wrote:" who's stopping us "

From many things i would like to share it with you ............... i can't say it's a romantic episode , as i can't say it wasn't ! ..... " feelings" is the theme of this episode . do we like it ? yes we do ( me and my friends = we :P )

Ok let's start :

Really really Walter was the angle of this ep , he cares about Peter happiness .. so FOR 2 weeks they didn't hear from Olivia and he is the one who missed her :S ...... for 2 weeks Peter didn't even try to call her ? ask about how she is doing ? 2 weeks she didn't move from her apt ? ..... it's fine !

And Walter is out of the house ... just to let Peter go as if he isn't care about Olivia in his home ? .. walking around and oh yes help your self Olivia the pancake is good :thumbsdown:

Olivia still Olivia .. she want to go to work , and Peter finally did speak ( BUT the coffee in hand and the other hand in his bucket :thumbsdown: ) ..... ok nice talk Peter ... you let Olivia feel that she is the one who is stopping your relation with her ... not your action .. not even to tell her that your sorry and you can see the difference not any thing ! ..... ok to now it's still fine !

Then .. here is the big move ! Olivia is transform in to Fauxlivia !!!! :x ..... laughing as her .. I missed Olivia s1 and her cute laugh .... and then .... she did the 1st move .. and they kissed ????? really ? ... why ? .. to now .. am not seeing any proving from Peter that he is trying to be with her ? .. did i mention that for 2 WEEKS he didn't even try to call her ? :bored:

Ok Liv .... maybe you are trying .... and he is glimmering ..... :unsure: ...... and here Olivia is back ! .. she isn't sure if she can do this .. if she can fix the things .. if she can be as her because that's who she is :thumbup: good line Olivia ....... and Peter ?? didn't even say anything ?????? :huh:

Fine .......the theme is really wonderful .. woman from our side ... and man from the other side ..... ( are they hinting on something here ? ) .... good job Peter ! .. he said good line about the one which we loved .. we share with them alot of things .. and oops .. the man from over there had kids .. but the woman from over here hadn't ! ( again are they hinting on something here ? ) ..... so the man isn't her husband .. so she let him go !
So the deep feelings can merge to 2 universes now ? .. there isn't any 2 more couples can connect the universes now ?

AND ... major And !! ,,,,,,,, Olivia is going to Bishops house with bottle of whiskey :bored: ... again Olivia is making the first move .. and again .. she is kissing him ...at least .. he did hug her for the first time and now is putting his hand around her .

AND more than major and ...... Olivia is in her house or in Peter house ? i can't figured this !!!! :sneaky: ... she took him to his room ?????? really ?

As much as I shipp the 2 of them .... but I didn't expected to be like this .... I mean .. i like that they are finally together .. but .. still ... am not sure from Peter .... and I fear that Olivia will hurt again .....

not the best ep ... but i can add it to my fav .. after ep 9 and ep 12 .

I think the promo for the next ep is really nice .

:cool:

I think there are a few things going on with this. I am not sure if it's fair to jump down Peter's throat, just because he isn't being super attentive...

First I think Peter is searching for answers about the machine and the first people by himself and for whatever reason, he isn't ready share what ever he is learning, but it may be one reason he has kept himself at a distance...he may not be sure what his fate is suppose to be and then that makes him a bit distracted.

Ultimately, I think Peter doesn't want to hurt Olivia. I think he will just do whatever she wants, because that's how much he cares for her. He wants her to be happy and so he isn't going to push himself on her and force her to love him. He knows that it would be wrong and it wouldn't be a good relationship. He will let her call the shots...

about the promo:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Something tells me that Peter may have stayed for Olivia on more than one occasion...really looking forward to next week. I always thought that they had met before.--Couldn't ask for a nicer B-day present next week!

-- Merged Double Post --

b3rt4 wrote:
charliefan4life wrote:

As long as Olivia isn't sleeping with me I'm not gonna approve of any love story on this show. :glare:

Well then you should be more than ok with this

Since there are infinite realities happening at once, surely in few of them someone nearly identical to you and Olivia are a hot item! ;)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Not sure why its a bad thing that Olivia makes the first move. I mean, she was the one who said to Peter, "You belong with me" not Peter saying, "You belong with me, Olivia". Not to mention, I have seen shows like this where the male lead always make the first move, the female lead backs off, becomes oblivious, the man then leaves her and she finally makes the move. So, its nice to see Olivia have enough confidence in herself and Peter to go after him.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Reference to add:

From Wiki:

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead is an absurdist, existentialist tragicomedy by Tom Stoppard, first staged at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 1966.[1] The play expands upon the exploits of two minor characters from Shakespeare's Hamlet, the courtiers Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. The action of Stoppard's play takes place mainly 'in the wings' of Shakespeare's, with brief appearances of major characters from Hamlet who enact fragments of the original's scenes. Between these episodes the two protagonists voice their confusion at the progress of events of which—occurring onstage without them in Hamlet—they have no direct knowledge.

*Rosencrantz character starts of with a coin toss in which he tosses ten times and gets heads, just like Walter.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:54 pm

It was OK, tbh.
That old woman couldn't act and she was doing my head in refusing to let go even though it was obvious that **** was about to go down! Her voice was doing my head right in.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Next

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]