[Official] Fringe Ep. 3.14 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 3.14 Discussion

Postby real1 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:
Nope , HOW Olivia can call him after she learned that he still has feelings for Fauxlivia ?

Based on a piece of paper written by a mind reader and a complete stranger who knows nothing about their relationship nor what they have been through? I mean come on. The mind reader has never met Peter so i don't buy that as a reasonable excuse as to why Olivia didn't want to call peter.

Are you forgetting that he is the one who did help resolving the case depend on his reading minds ? :hmm:

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:
the man didn't prove anything for her only the mistakes ! the book ... the lying about the shapshifter .... the wrong coffee

Well if Olivia's feelings for Peter is all about the mistakes he has made, then the whole world is doomed. Not everyone is perfect, why can't you see that? Not everyone is going to say the right thing, do the right thing. What world do you live in?

LOL ! haha i have to admit that i did laugh about your last sentence :lol: , the main point is Peter should assure one point for Olivia : he can tell the difference and he is not going to make this mistake again .....

:cool:
real1
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 pm

You know what, I am going nip this in the bud. No matter what Peter says or do or no matter how many times I will show Peter's side of it, you will just turn it around and turn it into negative.

So, I am done with this conversation.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double

Postby WJames on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:03 pm

:thumbup:
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:49 pm

JacobsMom wrote:At least this episode was much better than last weeks! :D It looks as if tptb are starting to set us up for the finale with this idea of the importance of feelings/human emotion and how strong they can be as opposed to the functions of a machine.

I really loved the fact of having Walter flip that coin over and over. A simple way to show us this apartment building wasn't following the rules. :D We also got to see the truth of what Walter will do if the inevitable will happen and he has to let Peter go. Walter was ready this time and Peter would have been in the amber along with Olivia. No hesitation whatsoever. My favorite scenes were the ones with Walter and Nina. He knows the events are coming and there is no way to stop them now. I can't wait to see what "help" Nina will provide for Walter to learn!!

Did anyone else catch the brief glimpse of the statue in the building? I think it was a Greek god that was riding on the back of a lion? It also had it's arms outstretched. I suppose it could be a reference to the story of the Titans.

Well, Olivia is once again blaming herself. Nothing new but I like her soooo much better than Other Olivia. I rewatched "Jacksonville" before I watched this episode and the rage she had in that episode shows how far she has come but also shows how much more she needs to accept. The time will come when she has to face the things that made her like she is and I had to laugh when I noticed that she brought a bottle of hard liquor to drink with Peter! She doesn't relax and take off her coat or scarf but wears them even as she goes upstairs with Peter. Those security issues are still there. :)

We also get to see Peter telling us there has to be "another way" to fix this soft spot. He doesn't want to give up and amber them in but it is nice that Olivia is there to help him solve the problem together. Peter wants prevention not reaction and I think this is another lead in for the finale.

Broyles sort of says what we as viewers are all thinking. Could this be something caused by feelings? It doesn't seem very scientific but I think tptb handled the episode pretty well. It wasn't too mushy with lots of up and down feelings but what Peter told Broyles helped to explain it. Our bodies are full of chemicals that can do certain things and they react when our emotions are involved.

Mrs. Merchant gives the line about "if the impossible is possible" and that will lead us into that finale with the idea of losing one of the universes as they crash together. Maybe the impossible is possible and they can save both universes with Peter and Olivia working together with their special connection.

Really nice assessment, JacobsMom! :thumbsup: And I agree this is where we are headed. If there is more than one of everything, then there may also be more than one way to do something. :thumbsup:

I would be curious to check out the statue. :hmm: :thumbup:

I know there are Hamlot and a spin-off of Hamlet play references...in addition their last name Merchant may be a nod to :The Merchant of Venice...It's one of the few Shakesphere's I have never read or watched a film or play about, but perhaps there are some parallels there...

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:28 am

I really enjoyed this episode. I read an interview from the producers a couple of weeks or something ago in which they said that they didn't want Peter and Olivia to end up together just because they are the hot leads in a tv show, so automatically they should be meant for each other and I think that the journey they have put them through since Marionette shows exactly that. It was great to see Olivia get some happiness, even if briefly last night. And I always enjoy seeing the alt-world, even if for just a few seconds. Great episode, as always, Fringe never disapoints, incredible!
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby theotherslover on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:25 pm

The explanation of the vortex was taken right out of Doctor Who. Made me smile
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Xindilini on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:17 pm

theotherslover wrote:The explanation of the vortex was taken right out of Doctor Who. Made me smile

I thought it was familiar. :lol:
Xindilini
Stunt Double

Postby Elize34 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:23 pm

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:BTW, Peter has always been the one who wanted to take the first steps. He was about to kiss her in Jacksonville but she backed off to save people, her and Peter were going to go on a date but Olivia found out he is from the alternate universe but instead of looking past that aspect of Peter, she blew him off, she then kept Peter's secret from him for weeks.

Well, with all due respect, those were two pretty good reasons for not kissing Peter or going on a date with him...

But I am glad Olivia seems to be committed to the relationship now and that she is trying to look past her fears.
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:32 am

Elize34 wrote:
AroundMyFinger12 wrote:BTW, Peter has always been the one who wanted to take the first steps. He was about to kiss her in Jacksonville but she backed off to save people, her and Peter were going to go on a date but Olivia found out he is from the alternate universe but instead of looking past that aspect of Peter, she blew him off, she then kept Peter's secret from him for weeks.

Well, with all due respect, those were two pretty good reasons for not kissing Peter or going on a date with him...

But I am glad Olivia seems to be committed to the relationship now and that she is trying to look past her fears.

And Olivia telling Peter "I don't want to be with you" is a pretty good reason for Peter not to shower Olivia with gifts and love which some people have a problem with.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double

Previous

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]