[Official] Fringe Ep. 3.14 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 3.14 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:27 am

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:Not sure why its a bad thing that Olivia makes the first move.

I, for one, have absolutely no problem with a woman 'making the first move'... :thumbsup:

Let's see, a gorgeous blonde shows up at my doorstep with a bottle of whiskey... and then takes me up stairs!!!

Sounds like a "Win Win" to me!!!

To begrudge Peter (Or any other dude) their successes would be to deny a chance at my own.

All I can say is "YOU GO GIRL!!!!" :w00t:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby HannaK on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:50 am

Figured out the case during the first 10 minutes, this is one of the few times that I actually get it completely right during the first half of the episode so yay.
I didn't care much for the case, I found the Walter scenes very interesting this ep though, even more than usual.
And well, I've been a Peter/Olivia shipper since day one so needless to say this episode made me very, very, very happy. I thought it was sweet and I'm glad the writers decided to to it sooner rather than later.
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Elize34 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:25 am

I really liked the episode, sometimes it felt as if I was reading one big Polivia FanFiction,
I mean
- Walter making breakfast for Peter and Olivia and then rushing out? read that fanfiction
- Peter and Olivia being forced to stay on a cold stake-out so they go to a bar? read that fanfiction
- Olivia showing up with a bottle of alcohol on Peter's doorstep? read that fanfiction
- Walter grabbing Nina's hand..... nope did not read that fanfiction.

Anyway, I really did like it, but I do hope it was a one-episode thing only, don't get me wrong, I love Peter and Olivia together, but I can imagine it won't do Fringe good when it turns into a soppy lovestory.
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Postby real1 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:59 pm

I think there are a few things going on with this. I am not sure if it's fair to jump down Peter's throat, just because he isn't being super attentive...

First I think Peter is searching for answers about the machine and the first people by himself and for whatever reason, he isn't ready share what ever he is learning, but it may be one reason he has kept himself at a distance...he may not be sure what his fate is suppose to be and then that makes him a bit distracted.

I am not against P/O , I am sure from how Olivia is feeling for Peter .. but I am not sure from Peter , the huge " she wasn't me how you could not see that " .. where did go ? ... i mean ... at least Olivia didn't have that answer .. can Peter tell the difference ? ...... which is why .. I was preferring the 1st move be from Peter .... he did point his view about the situation between him and her .. that he want this relation with Olivia and he was imaging that and finally he had it ..................... BUT ... she wasn't her ...... he didn't say any thing about that .

Peter and the machine .. and the whole dark ep of ep11 .... it's what making me think that Peter was changing and can't be trusted ... I think I have to wait and see what will happen ..... as am waiting to see any proving from Peter .. he did miss an good opportunity when Olivia said to him that she is scared ... he didn't hold her hand or even hug her or say any word for her to courage her ..... I don't know ... but that's how I did take it .

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Yes for the next ep it's look like we will see peter and Olivia and am not going to be surprised that Olivia maybe will bring Peter with her from the other side !! and " you belong with me " we may hear it again ... I think the little Peter will make what the big Peter didn't after all :lol:

:cool:
real1
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:15 pm

real1 wrote:
I think there are a few things going on with this. I am not sure if it's fair to jump down Peter's throat, just because he isn't being super attentive...

First I think Peter is searching for answers about the machine and the first people by himself and for whatever reason, he isn't ready share what ever he is learning, but it may be one reason he has kept himself at a distance...he may not be sure what his fate is suppose to be and then that makes him a bit distracted.

I am not against P/O , I am sure from how Olivia is feeling for Peter .. but I am not sure from Peter , the huge " she wasn't me how you could not see that " .. where did go ? ... i mean ... at least Olivia didn't have that answer .. can Peter tell the difference ? ...... which is why .. I was preferring the 1st move be from Peter .... he did point his view about the situation between him and her .. that he want this relation with Olivia and he was imaging that and finally he had it ..................... BUT ... she wasn't her ...... he didn't say any thing about that .

Peter and the machine .. and the whole dark ep of ep11 .... it's what making me think that Peter was changing and can't be trusted ... I think I have to wait and see what will happen ..... as am waiting to see any proving from Peter .. he did miss an good opportunity when Olivia said to him that she is scared ... he didn't hold her hand or even hug her or say any word for her to courage her ..... I don't know ... but that's how I did take it .

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Yes for the next ep it's look like we will see peter and Olivia and am not going to be surprised that Olivia maybe will bring Peter with her from the other side !! and " you belong with me " we may hear it again ... I think the little Peter will make what the big Peter didn't after all :lol:

Sure! I def agree that something dark is brewing there. It just Peter has yet to ever be the one to make the first move in any case regarding either of them, but I think it was clear since he wanted to return with blue Olivia, that he was planning on investing a future with her...

But like we were talking about before, Olivia has also realized that she is scared and that maybe part of the problem with Peter not fully recognizing there is a difference has to do with the fact Olivia never really let Peter see whom she was and so really Peter couldn't have known better since people do change when they start making deeper relationships.

I think this episode showed a nice much needed progression between them, but I doubt it's going to make anything to come easier...there are just too many things in place for balls to drop and I think we are just going to have to hang on and see where these writers and these love stories take us!

Really when it comes down to it, I just want Olivia and Peter to find some kind of happiness by the shows end, even if it's not with each other...

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:19 pm

I actually enjoyed this episode and I can't wait for next week!
Last edited by AroundMyFinger12 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double

Postby WJames on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:49 pm

I liked this Valentine's day mushy episode quite a lot. COTW story was pretty straightforward stuff, but the character interactions were driving the plot forward. Walter and Nina? :roll: :lol:

AroundMyFinger12, haven't you left this forum? Or was it in another, more fortunate universe?
WJames
Guest Star

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:00 pm

BTW, Peter has always been the one who wanted to take the first steps. He was about to kiss her in Jacksonville but she backed off to save people, her and Peter were going to go on a date but Olivia found out he is from the alternate universe but instead of looking past that aspect of Peter, she blew him off, she then kept Peter's secret from him for weeks.

Yes, she has every right to feel that peter may have feelings for Fauxlivia but honestly, if Peter wanted Fauxlivia that much, why would he just let the police arrest her? He could have just let Fauxlivia go. Not to mention, the whole "If you have done anything to our Olivia, I will kill you" thing.

So, Olivia has always been the one to not let people in, especially Peter. I am actually glad that Peter finally told Olivia off. Somebody has to.

BTW, why can't people just be happy that Peter and Olivia are finally together? Why does it matter who makes the first move or not? Olivia kissed Peter, Peter kissed back, Peter actually pulled Olivia close to him and Olivia held him back. Now, compare that to the kiss in Over There. They BOTH wanted this which is what a relationship is about. A relationship isn't about having one person do all the work while the other just stands around doing nothing.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:14 pm

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:BTW, Peter has always been the one who wanted to take the first steps. He was about to kiss her in Jacksonville but she backed off to save people, her and Peter were going to go on a date but Olivia found out he is from the alternate universe but instead of looking past that aspect of Peter, she blew him off, she then kept Peter's secret from him for weeks.

Yes, she has every right to feel that peter may have feelings for Fauxlivia but honestly, if Peter wanted Fauxlivia that much, why would he just let the police arrest her? He could have just let Fauxlivia go. Not to mention, the whole "If you have done anything to our Olivia, I will kill you" thing.

So, Olivia has always been the one to not let people in, especially Peter. I am actually glad that Peter finally told Olivia off. Somebody has to.

BTW, why can't people just be happy that Peter and Olivia are finally together? Why does it matter who makes the first move or not? Olivia kissed Peter, Peter kissed back, Peter actually pulled Olivia close to him and Olivia held him back. Now, compare that to the kiss in Over There. They BOTH wanted this which is what a relationship is about. A relationship isn't about having one person do all the work while the other just stands around doing nothing.

You're right! i forgot about those things! Agreed! :thumbup:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 pm

he didn't hold her hand or even hug her or say any word for her to courage her .

And how is this any different than when she kissed him and just ran away? BTW, when was the last time we saw Olivia touch Peter?

I also believe that people are taking Peter for granted. They expect him to be the cuddly, huggy guy who has to be there for Walter and Olivia all the time. Nobody ever asks what Peter wants, what he feels, why he feels that way, etc. When was the last time OLIVIA was there for Peter? (besides saving his life?)

so FOR 2 weeks they didn't hear from Olivia and he is the one who missed her :S ...... for 2 weeks Peter didn't even try to call her ? ask about how she is doing ? 2 weeks she didn't move from her apt ? ..... it's fine !

And the same can be said for Olivia. She didn't call either, she didn't come over, either.

In fact, it will help if the writers didn't make Olivia so perfect that any mistakes or shortcomings peter has will not cause the audience to bash and hate him.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:36 pm

I though you were leaving AroundMyFinger?
It was the happiest day of my life. :(
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby real1 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:40 pm

DarthLocke wrote: Sure! I def agree that something dark is brewing there. It just Peter has yet to ever be the one to make the first move in any case regarding either of them, but I think it was clear since he wanted to return with blue Olivia, that he was planning on investing a future with her...

But like we were talking about before, Olivia has also realized that she is scared and that maybe part of the problem with Peter not fully recognizing there is a difference has to do with the fact Olivia never really let Peter see whom she was and so really Peter couldn't have known better since people do change when they start making deeper relationships.

I think this episode showed a nice much needed progression between them, but I doubt it's going to make anything to come easier...there are just too many things in place for balls to drop and I think we are just going to have to hang on and see where these writers and these love stories take us!

Really when it comes down to it, I just want Olivia and Peter to find some kind of happiness by the shows end, even if it's not with each other...

Sure i can't deny that both would like to move on after they kissed in s2 final , but it wasn't Olivia which came back with them . i disagree about Peter doesn't know who is Olivia because in "jacksonville" he does , he said to her I didn't meet any one who's do what you are doing don't be scared .

This ep is sweet but as how i said .... am not sure from Peter yet and I didn't like that Olivia did the 1st move , :)

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:
he didn't hold her hand or even hug her or say any word for her to courage her .

And how is this any different than when she kissed him and just ran away? BTW, when was the last time we saw Olivia touch Peter?

Am not agreeing about this kiss in the 1st place ! i didn't like to see Olivia transforming in to Fauxlivia !! , and the last time Olivia did touch Peter was at ep 11 in MD while he was going to do MRI ;)

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:I also believe that people are taking Peter for granted. They expect him to be the cuddly, huggy guy who has to be there for Walter and Olivia all the time. Nobody ever asks what Peter wants, what he feels, why he feels that way, etc. When was the last time OLIVIA was there for Peter? (besides saving his life?)

Peter did a very big mistake that he didn't question himself about Fauxlivia and he can't tell the difference , Olivia always there for Peter , unfortunately just in ep9 she did give him what he deserve ! after that she was ok a round him , the man didn't prove anything for her only the mistakes ! the book ... the lying about the shapshifter .... the wrong coffee .. and then he still has feelings for her .

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:
so FOR 2 weeks they didn't hear from Olivia and he is the one who missed her :S ...... for 2 weeks Peter didn't even try to call her ? ask about how she is doing ? 2 weeks she didn't move from her apt ? ..... it's fine !

And the same can be said for Olivia. She didn't call either, she didn't come over, either.

In fact, it will help if the writers didn't make Olivia so perfect that any mistakes or shortcomings peter has will not cause the audience to bash and hate him.

Nope , HOW Olivia can call him after she learned that he still has feelings for Fauxlivia ? and what did pretend Peter from calling her any way ??

no one is hating Peter ... but maybe expecting too much from him ? :lol:

real1
Stunt Double

Postby JacobsMom on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:48 pm

At least this episode was much better than last weeks! :D It looks as if tptb are starting to set us up for the finale with this idea of the importance of feelings/human emotion and how strong they can be as opposed to the functions of a machine.

I really loved the fact of having Walter flip that coin over and over. A simple way to show us this apartment building wasn't following the rules. :D We also got to see the truth of what Walter will do if the inevitable will happen and he has to let Peter go. Walter was ready this time and Peter would have been in the amber along with Olivia. No hesitation whatsoever. My favorite scenes were the ones with Walter and Nina. He knows the events are coming and there is no way to stop them now. I can't wait to see what "help" Nina will provide for Walter to learn!!

Did anyone else catch the brief glimpse of the statue in the building? I think it was a Greek god that was riding on the back of a lion? It also had it's arms outstretched. I suppose it could be a reference to the story of the Titans.

Well, Olivia is once again blaming herself. Nothing new but I like her soooo much better than Other Olivia. I rewatched "Jacksonville" before I watched this episode and the rage she had in that episode shows how far she has come but also shows how much more she needs to accept. The time will come when she has to face the things that made her like she is and I had to laugh when I noticed that she brought a bottle of hard liquor to drink with Peter! She doesn't relax and take off her coat or scarf but wears them even as she goes upstairs with Peter. Those security issues are still there. :)

We also get to see Peter telling us there has to be "another way" to fix this soft spot. He doesn't want to give up and amber them in but it is nice that Olivia is there to help him solve the problem together. Peter wants prevention not reaction and I think this is another lead in for the finale.

Broyles sort of says what we as viewers are all thinking. Could this be something caused by feelings? It doesn't seem very scientific but I think tptb handled the episode pretty well. It wasn't too mushy with lots of up and down feelings but what Peter told Broyles helped to explain it. Our bodies are full of chemicals that can do certain things and they react when our emotions are involved.

Mrs. Merchant gives the line about "if the impossible is possible" and that will lead us into that finale with the idea of losing one of the universes as they crash together. Maybe the impossible is possible and they can save both universes with Peter and Olivia working together with their special connection.

Favorite Lines:
"I never wanted to be one of the reasons." Peter
"Who's stopping us now?" Peter
"There's no such thing as ghosts." Walter
"He said if he were right, he would contact me from the great beyond. I haven't gotten the call yet." Walter
( Not yet Walter but I bet your "phone" will be ringing sooner than you think!! :thumbsup: )
"You think all of this is because of feelings?" Broyles
"Well then, I think you need to learn." Nina
"Am I glowing?" Peter :lol:
Last edited by JacobsMom on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby WJames on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:03 pm

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:BTW, Peter has always been the one who wanted to take the first steps. He was about to kiss her in Jacksonville but she backed off to save people, her and Peter were going to go on a date but Olivia found out he is from the alternate universe but instead of looking past that aspect of Peter, she blew him off, she then kept Peter's secret from him for weeks.

I bothered to read this post and it actually made sense. My advice to you is that you DO not, I repeat, DO NOT respond to real1 in your usual manner. Try to grasp the fact that Peter is a fictional character and nobody is on a mission to bash him as such.
WJames
Guest Star

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:14 pm

WJames wrote:
I bothered to read this post and it actually made sense. My advice to you is that you DO not, I repeat, DO NOT respond to real1 in your usual manner. Try to grasp the fact that Peter is a fictional character and nobody is on a mission to bash him as such.

No problem.

Nope , HOW Olivia can call him after she learned that he still has feelings for Fauxlivia ?

Based on a piece of paper written by a mind reader and a complete stranger who knows nothing about their relationship nor what they have been through? I mean come on. The mind reader has never met Peter so i don't buy that as a reasonable excuse as to why Olivia didn't want to call peter. BTW, Simon should have minded his own business.

the man didn't prove anything for her only the mistakes ! the book ... the lying about the shapshifter .... the wrong coffee

Well if Olivia doesn't love Peter all because the mistakes he has made, then it shows what a superiority complex she has. Not everyone is perfect, why can't you see that?

Thank goodness Olivia is not like that and cares about Peter despite his flaws and mistakes unlike some people who act like a person is not worth loving because they are not perfect or the knight in shining armor.

I respect this show for not putting people on pedestals and make them realistic.
Last edited by AroundMyFinger12 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]