I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby AdamDHarris on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:14 pm

I love Josh, John and Anna.

Think the show wouldn't be anywhere near as good without all three of them.

I'm sure the producers and most of the fans would agree.
Image

Creator/Runner - 2010 SpoilerTV Show Competition - Supernatural.
Creator/Runner - 2010 SpoilerTV Character Competition - Jack Shephard (LOST)
User avatar
AdamDHarris
VIP
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:51 pm
Gender: Male


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby myrtus on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:19 pm

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:No. I will never watch this show again. Everybody loves John and Anna and Josh is the only one not loved at all.

Have a good life! Bye! :)
myrtus
Extra
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:29 pm

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:I'm sorry real1 but since when do you care about Josh or Peter for that matter? You, like everyone else, have been saying negative things about his character all the time. :roll:

Patty, if we agree that the producers hate Josh and the character he plays and that's why he'll never get a storyline, will you stop complaining and watching for real, please?


No. I will never watch this show again. Everybody loves John and Anna and Josh is the only one not loved at all.

Congrats John and Anna fans, you got what you wanted while all I get is a "plot device", "Pacey" "a stupid guy who couldn't tell the Olivias apart", "a shallow character" and "Pacey with stubble" .



Nope, you are wrong I love Peter.

There is nothing shallow about what Peter did. He didn't INTENTIONALLY set out to hurt blue Olivia, but the red Olivia did. I am not going to say that Peter is the 'knight in shinning armor', that he is the obvious hero, he's not. He is the ant-hero. He's like his fathers. Is there is a dark side? Most definetly! Does he have a problem with trust? Yes. Is trying to figure things out about the machine by himself smart? --Remains to be seen. He might learn something. He might think he has to die in order to use the machine. He might not want to owe up to that because I don't think Peter wants to hurt Walter, Olivia, and let alone when Peter learns he has a child...

I feel sorry that you can not see what is all on Peter's plate! The writers have done such a beautiful job with his story...to see this kid in "Subject 13" that just instinctively reaches out and shows great compassion to Olivia and then goes back home with his false parents and does his best at this time to accept a lie and take on a kind of responsibility. We see now how Peter's whole existence is the cause of so many things and now he has to live up to people and things that he doesn't understand or remember. The eerieness of that is compelling and surreal. And for two seasons we have seen Peter try to deal with new reveals and we see that it is hard on him, but it has yet to really stop him from trying to love someone...and that's couragous, in spite of the secret life he might be living that the viewers and other characters have yet to see.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby Two Sides on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Mountains out of mole hills, this!

Josh... is an actor.
Peter... is a fictional character.

At the end of the day it is a TV show. Dont let in run your life!
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby supermodel on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:50 am

The bottom line is aroundmyfinger just doesn't like Fringe. She likes Joshua Jackson and cannot be satisfied with with his supporting role. Fringe is just not the show for her, and that's fine; she shouldn't torture herself by watching it.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby real1 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:27 pm

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:I'm sorry real1 but since when do you care about Josh or Peter for that matter? You, like everyone else, have been saying negative things about his character all the time. :roll:


But I didn't recall myself that I ever did hate Josh or Peter O.o , why you make up the issues and would like from every one to fall in to the vagenda ? ;) :lol:

Doing some critics to Peter's character has nothing to do with Josh , even Josh himself did criticize Peter's character .. so what you would like to say to him ?

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:59 pm

supermodel wrote:The bottom line is aroundmyfinger just doesn't like Fringe. She likes Joshua Jackson and cannot be satisfied with with his supporting role. Fringe is just not the show for her, and that's fine; she shouldn't torture herself by watching it.


Actually, I am not satisfied with Josh's role THIS SEASON. If i honestly didn't like Fringe, i wouldn't exactly watched for the last 3 years. Everybody else gets their favorite characters playing doubles and being praised for it, while MY favorite character is being stupid because he can't tell two Olivias apart.

Do you honestly think that's fair for the Peter fans? But none of you know what's its like, most of you are walter and olivia fans who tend to get everything.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 am
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:36 pm

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:
supermodel wrote:The bottom line is aroundmyfinger just doesn't like Fringe. She likes Joshua Jackson and cannot be satisfied with with his supporting role. Fringe is just not the show for her, and that's fine; she shouldn't torture herself by watching it.


Actually, I am not satisfied with Josh's role THIS SEASON. If i honestly didn't like Fringe, i wouldn't exactly watched for the last 3 years. Everybody else gets their favorite characters playing doubles and being praised for it, while MY favorite character is being stupid because he can't tell two Olivias apart.

Do you honestly think that's fair for the Peter fans? But none of you know what's its like, most of you are walter and olivia fans who tend to get everything.



For all you know Peter could be have a type of double, just not on the outside--although Olivia could astral project him. They have been starting to go down this path about reaching and preserving the soul of a person/being from the great beyond (death) --As William Bell believed in "soul magnets" ---his association or understanding with first people, his manifesto, his beliefs in general IMO are something that needs exploring. IMO Bell may come back in some way or form, but also perhaps a reason Peter is not on track with his destiny (see White Tulip Transcript), the fact that perhaps he is attracted to BOTH Olivia's, stems from the possibility that he has 2 identities/beings/persons inside him--one in which could be enhanced by the Machine(s).
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:52 pm

I understand what you are saying Darthlocke and I'm grateful that you are very nice to me despite my rants but unless Peter's role is developed, I don't think I will change my mind about not watching. Thank you and this will be my last post.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 am
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Anybody else think about the "Leave Brittany Alone" video while reading through this thread? :P :lol:

jk :)
Image
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
User avatar
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:26 pm
Location: North Cackalacky
Gender: Male

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby Lockes disciple on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:51 am

Thirty-Fiver wrote:Anybody else think about the "Leave Brittany Alone" video while reading through this thread? :P :lol:

jk :)


:thumbsup:
Image


Image
User avatar
Lockes disciple
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:04 am
Location: 1 step behind Locke
Gender: Male

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby deneph on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Not that it matters but I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I think there's more to Peter's character then they've shown us and eventually I do think he'll be doing a lot more. Yeah, he doesn't seem to be doing that much aside from assisting the team and watching after Walter but I think that's because they have something bigger for him coming down the pike.
Having said that, it's just a tv show darlin'. While it's okay to get in to it, you shouldn't take it so personally. It's just tv. You love Josh? Then support his show and just enjoy the handsome until it's his turn to shine. It'll happen. Patience is it's own reward.
User avatar
deneph
Guest Star
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:09 pm
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Sorry but I can't enjoy a show where people on here and other Fringe boards attack Peter for what he says, does or acts. This whole AU storyline has pushed into peter into the background instead of making him actually part of it.
The machine storyline had potential and Josh would have tapped into his "dark" acting ability (He would actually get to play two characters in the same body) but no, Peter/machine/secret will give the audience another reason to attack Peter because its going to hurt miss perfect aka Olivia as if she is the only one who is affected by this machine. :roll:

Peter is already getting attacked by not telling the differences, by not showering Olivia with love and admiration, for not "redeeming" himself, "for still having feelings for Fauxlivia (based on a stupid note), for not "proving" himself to Olivia.

I can't enjoy the show because Olivia is put such a pedestal that Peter's feelings are not important, only Olivia's is. And don't tell me its because she is the lead female, that doesn't mean a darn thing cause the other character's also exist and they deserve to show what bugs them all right?

I'm sorry deneph, how can you expect me to enjoy a show like that? Where people attack my favorite character while people are showering Walter and Olivia with love?
Last edited by AroundMyFinger12 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 am
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby real1 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:07 am

AroundMyFinger12 wrote:I can't enjoy the show because they have such an unlikeable lead female who acts like her feelings are more important than Peter's and walter's. The audience feels the same way. Why else do people side with olivia?


Unbelievable ! , no one is hating Peter and the only one who is hating Olivia is YOU ! ;)

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: I can't take it anymore! I am done with Fringe!

Postby AroundMyFinger12 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 am

Unbelievable ! , no one is hating Peter and the only one who is hating Olivia is YOU ! ;)


Well, if you don't hate peter, then say something nice about Peter cause with your constant criticism, its kinda difficult to "read" you.
Last edited by AroundMyFinger12 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
AroundMyFinger12
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 am
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

cron