[Official] Fringe Ep. 3.17 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Fringe Ep. 3.17 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:31 am

"Stowaway"

09:00PM

Discuss the latest Fringe episode here

ANSWERS LEAD TO NEW QUESTIONS ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE”

FRIDAY, MARCH 18, ON FOX

When the Fringe team investigates an apparent suicide victim, they uncover a second set of fingerprints leading them to a woman with uncanny characteristics that cannot die in the all-new “Stowaway” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, March 18 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-317) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Source: Fox

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1H01e2nc8

Check out STV.com/Fringe for Spoilers and more. :thumbsup:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 3.17 Discussion

Postby b3rt4 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:21 am

Sorry but this show just keeps getting worse. The COTW's are just boring atm and that Bellivia storyline is still stupid.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby real1 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:56 am

:sleep:

The soul of this episode was taken , no Olivia .... no episode for me ! same with ep13 but I will comment about this one!

The soul thingi is a very big door , but as how Belivia said : my body is gone but am not ! .. ok .. so is it possible now to any one to implant his/her "soul magnet" in any one else and by just a ring .. it's done :S :x , I thought we will have more explanation than that .

Never mind ! just continue still it's Fringe after all , so 2 souls in one body ... can be as the pregnant woman which is hosting her soul and her baby's soul , but the baby is sleeping all the time , so Olivia's brain is sleeping but active with Bell ? but the last 2 seconds .... we saw Olivia back and she is not in good situation as how Bell was thinking .. I have a feeling that Olivia is knowing every thing around her and she sees what Bell is seeing .

AND now ... Bellivia and Peter are silent about the shapeshifters memories ?????????????????????? :thumbsdown:

This episode is fun ... please .. Anna Torv should get a emmy , she is a miracle actress .

I am doubting our side Lee :hmm: his finale look isn't good , is he a shapeshifter ? and how come Peter didn't know him ? Peter knows Alt-charlie and Alt-Olivia .. he doesn't know Alt-lee ?

And Walter is welcoming his Belly and he is not any more concerning about Peter's happiness ????????

Love Broyles , he want his agent back 48 hours or he will force Walter to get Belly out of her body .

Belly ? are you Belly ? why you didn't call Nina ? .... no he is looking for the young agent Astroo now !

7/10

:cool:
real1
Stunt Double

Postby Xindilini on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:18 am

real1 wrote: how come Peter didn't know him ? Peter knows Alt-charlie and Alt-Olivia .. he doesn't know Alt-lee ?

Most likely Peter has not met Lincoln Lee in any universe. He was OVER THERE for a short time.

BTW

I did notice that Olivia's consciousness re-emerged when a bell could be heard ring near the end.

Bellivia is definitely not an old soul, acting as childish as Walter. :rofl:
Xindilini
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 pm

First off, I wanted to say way to go to Gabel, Torv, and Malcomson!! :thumbup:

Ok Paula Malcomson character, Dana Gray, plays homage to her "Caprica" character, Amanda Graystone!
Caprica is the prequel series to Battlestar Galactica (re-imaged). The story of both shows is about the universe repeating events over and over. Caprica specifically looks at 'the fall' of humanity due to technology being out of hand. The first episode starts off with Amanda's daughter, Zoe, attempting on leaving Caprica (home) for good with her boyfriend Ben. Both are apart of a religious cult which believe in 'one true God', but Zoe didn't know they were terrorists and Ben was a suicide bomber who blows up the train they were on! Caprica then takes a close look at how we can bring people back to life after death, virtually, in a robot, and eventually in very realistic body in which conscience can be preserved and 'downloaded' into a new body (cylons). Another flip side of the show was also about a character creating an after life by using virtual technology believing in apotheosis. Amanda Graystone, like Dana also attempts to commit suicide by jumping off a building and fails.

We should be looking at body snatching and the creation of timelines and various ways the people can exist.

Another parallel that wan't point blank in the episode, but I remember, is Star Trek III. Spock was going to die, but he knew he could regenerate in a new body, but needed to preserve his conscience while he waited... he used Bones as his vessel. :)

Servant of the Bones: Anne Rice's Take on Azrael/Azriel...

Servant of the Bones is an autobiographical account of the creation and subsequent existence of a genie, Azriel. It is a story told as a fireside chat and includes historical accounts of Azriel's life as a displaced Jew/rich merchant's son in Babylon at the time of its conquest by Cyrus the Persian. There are also glimpses of life in ancient Miletus, in Strasbourg during a pogrom, and New York City of the 1990s.
[edit]Explanation of the novel's title

Throughout the novel, Azriel is struggling to understand whether he is a ghost, a demon, or an angel. He is trying to understand why his god has denied him the Stairway to Heaven by allowing him to be made into an immortal spirit who is bound to the gold-encased bones of his mortal body. As a genie, he must obey the Master of those bones (whoever has them at the moment) and become the Master's Servant, whether for good or evil. Thus the title, Servant of the Bones.

COURSE CORRECTION! --
In "White Tulip" I wasn't 100% sure if I were to take Peck's inability to save Arlette as course correction, although the conversation Olivia and Peter have were hinting at it, as Peter tells Olivia that Deja vu is the universe's way to tell a person if they are on "the right track" and continues to say that he isn't on the right track, because he never gets Deja vu...But clearly in this episode Peter point blank says he doesn't believe in fate...and do we remember what happened to the character in the last Abram's show who didn't believe in fate (Jack)...he died saving the Island (saving humanity). (--I think "essence" is going to be apart of the energy of the first people and so death and the soul are something they can use...)

William Bell seems to think that there is fate and sometimes the universe has some control over our destiny...so it will be interesting if somehow the breakdown of the universe would reveal course correction, let alone what happens to Peter.

Of course I thought the episode was going to end a little different. William Bell offered Peter TEA and I was like, "oh know! Belly's just going to keep body hoping!"

I love the way the interaction with everyone in this episode.

--Bellivia hitting on Astrid :lol:
--Peter watching Bellivia become in sync with Walter.
--Lincoln Lee probably would have been attracted to Olivia, if she wouldn't have been Bellivia, and because that didn't happen, Peter and Lincoln got along pretty well.

But strangely no Nina and Belly reconnection. :S

Anyways I am going to rewatch

-- Merged Double Post --

Xindilini wrote:
real1 wrote: how come Peter didn't know him ? Peter knows Alt-charlie and Alt-Olivia .. he doesn't know Alt-lee ?

Most likely Peter has not met Lincoln Lee in any universe. He was OVER THERE for a short time.

BTW

I did notice that Olivia's consciousness re-emerged when a bell could be heard ring near the end.

Bellivia is definitely not an old soul, acting as childish as Walter. :rofl:

Yeah, if I remember the season 2 finale right, Walter sent red Olivia to take care of Peter...and after "Subject 13" I have to ask myself if this was super intentional?!! :hmm:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:16 pm

I actually really enjoyed this one. Every scene with Walter and Bellivia was entertaining (I loved seeing them share a joint :lol: ) and Bellivia hitting on Astrid was really funny. I'm a fan of Paula Malcomson so I was able to get into the COTW pretty easily too.

Favorite line:
"But, I'd have to milk you." -Walter
"We could assign Astrid." -Bellivia :rofl:
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby Finli Otego on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:24 pm

^^Agreed.

I liked it more than I expected. COTW was good, and Trixie from Deadwood is always great to see. Bellivia takes some getting used to, but I can't help but enjoy him interacting with the main cast. Made for some funny/interesting moments.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Looking forward to getting back "Over There" next week.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:25 pm

I really liked this episode!! When the crime of the week is done well and I felt this one was, then I think Fringe is at it's best. :thumbsup: As always on Fringe, there is that interweaving of our characters story lines with what is going on with this new crime of the week. Fate vs Free Will...some of my favorite stuff. :) Thank goodness Olivia/Bell was limited to the few scenes they had since the "Bell voice" only worked well once and awhile but I thought the combination of Peter with our new Agent Lincoln Lee was great! Peter got to take the lead and they worked well together. :D I like this Lincoln Lee, even with his nerdy glasses and all! :lol: I'm hoping we see him again with that little hint at the end of wanting to come back and help again.

I didn't have as much a problem with believing this was really William Bell as I thought I would, but it was hard to keep that voice and mannerisms constant! I noticed it the most when Peter and "him" talked about the machine picture. The next time was when Lincoln showed up at the lab and they talked about the vampires. My favorite scene between Walter and "Bell" was when they solved the problem of which train Dana was on. That was fun as they both raced to solve it on opposite sides of the clear panel.

Another thing I noticed about Walter was how his confidence had exploded with the arrival of William. It was very evident in the scene where he explains to Lincoln about the woman's molecules. At that point, he seemed much more like Walternate with his expressions and mannerisms as he talked.

This was a good episode for Peter. He got to show us his dislike for William Bell and his fear for Olivia's mind being taken over. With TPTB putting Olivia in the background during this episode, it gave Peter a chance to take over much more than he normally does during an episode.

I also got a kick out of "Bell" hitting on Astrid. Astrid has to be the most understanding lab assistant there ever was on a television show!! The moment she buttoned up her blouse was great. :thumbup:

Maybe the reason this episode was so good was the fact that Dana Gray's story and the acting that went with it was superb. The scene at the cemetery was so sad. I thought this actress really carried this weird story line very well and made it more than believable.

It's always the little details on Fringe ( and that we got on Lost) that make them fun to watch. The hourglass on Dana's work desk was great. Time is never ending for her at this point. :( All she wanted was to be free of time and her never ending life. The interesting story of Azrael was also good and added a lot to the next crime scene with Brian. But the best was at the end and the church bells ringing as we get Olivia back for just a moment and the look on Peter's face!

My favorite scene was that last one with Peter and "Bell" drinking their tea. Just as we learn that science doesn't explain it all, we learn that Olivia may be in more trouble than any of them realize. :O

Good Lines:
"Stop! I want to know how we get Olivia back?" Peter
"You have my word young man." "Bell" to Broyles :lol:
"It means that every drop of rain holds the promise of regrowth. Each has a purpose even if they don't know it." Dana
"That sometimes when one walks away from his fate, it leads one directly to fates doorstep." Bell
"This is the place where the mysteries of the universe get answered." Peter :thumbsup:
"Hello freak show." Peter
"Dana that's not true. You have a choice. We all have a choice." Peter
"I LOVE word problems." Walter :D
"Be careful what you wish for." Peter to Lincoln
"What if Peter, this isn't about biology or physics? What if what we witnessed was the very reason that Dana Gray couldn't die? Because she needed to be here to save those peoples lives." Bell

And the best line of the whole episode.....
"Every event has some meaning, some sort of message. You just have to listen closely enough to hear it." Bell
Last edited by JacobsMom on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:31 pm

Thirty-Fiver wrote:I actually really enjoyed this one. Every scene with Walter and Bellivia was entertaining (I loved seeing them share a joint :lol: ) and Bellivia hitting on Astrid was really funny. I'm a fan of Paula Malcomson so I was able to get into the COTW pretty easily too.

Favorite line:
"But, I'd have to milk you." -Walter
"We could assign Astrid." -Bellivia :rofl:

That has to be the best quote of the episode! :rofl:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:42 pm

JacobsMom wrote:As always on Fringe, there is that interweaving of our characters story lines with what is going on with this new crime of the week. Fate vs Free Will...some of my favorite stuff. :)

I agree, I really enjoyed the COTW, not only because the acting was very good but also because the writers always connect the case back to the main characters. And yes, Fate vs. Free Will almost always gets my attention :)

JacobsMom wrote: This was a good episode for Peter. He got to show us his dislike for William Bell and his fear for Olivia's mind being taken over. With TPTB putting Olivia in the background during this episode, it gave Peter a chance to take over much more than he normally does during an episode.

:thumbsup: I was glad they didn't make the episode resolve around Bellivia but gave Peter a moment to shine
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Notice on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Anna Torv's Bell voice made my sis and me :rofl: :D Now we both do Bell impressions :D

I liked the COTW, I recognised the actress from somewhere, but I can't place it yet :hmm:

Some funny quotes, as some of you said above, like "We could assign Astrid" and Bell hitting on Astrid was also funny :lol:

All in all good episode. I just hope Bell gets a new host asap!
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby b3rt4 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Notice wrote:I liked the COTW, I recognised the actress from somewhere, but I can't place it yet :hmm:

Deadwood, Sons of Anarchy, Caprica...?

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:21 pm

LOST!
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Devil's Arcade wrote:LOST!

I always forget she was on LOST. I think she'll always be Trixie to me.
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Anyway - I couldn't give a sh*t if Fringe gets cancelled at this very moment - unless they game gets stepped up for the run in to the finale, that is!
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Next

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]