[Official] Fringe Ep. 3.18 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Fringe Ep. 3.18 Discussion

Postby Finli Otego on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:33 pm

"Bloodline"

9:00 p.m.

Discuss the newest Fringe episode here!

OLIVIA ENDURES LIFE “OVER THERE” ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” FRIDAY, MARCH 25, ON FOX

The intensity of life “over there” accelerates as Olivia finds herself in mortal danger.

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Guest Cast: Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee; Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis; Andre Royo as Henry

For Fringe spoilers head over here.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 3.18 Discussion

Postby real1 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:37 am

Awoo the promo for ep19 is wonderful i want to see this ep now now ... oh ! wait ! where am i ? :blush: ..... oh! ep18 oh sorry .. i meant it ! oh i mean i didn't mean it .. noh i mean it ! :PP

Ok , no comment because i don't want to be "negative Nancy ! " :P :lol:
I think Walternat did save her and the child . what's his name by the way , looks like Henry got a clearness 15 more than altastroo !! .......

7/10

:cool:
real1
Stunt Double

Postby Xindilini on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:08 am

1) Kicking butt even under duress. :thumbsup:

2) Marilyn knows something. I didn't notice that right away. But she did seem less concerned about her daughter's initial disappearance. O.o

3) Walternate is a bad liar. When he wasn't telling Agent Lee what he want him to know, he pretty much said um hm the whole time. :P

4) Jumping the Shark with the baby. Science fiction birth and no waiting. Pop it out now. Clean and easy. I can't believe they fit it all in the space of 30 minutes. :O

5) I was about to break something when I thought Bolivia was going to expire. :scared: Nearly gave me a heart attack. Nice going. Almost had me there.

9/10
Xindilini
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Walternate:

Some might argue Walternate's intentions in this episode are good. He saved the lives of red Olivia and her son. However, like what we are also currently seeing with William Bell in the blue universe, Walternate's methods are secretive and not forth right, possibly suggesting he has some kind of ill motive. Otherwise wouldn't he have just told red Olivia that he wanted to save there lives and needed to accelerate the growth to do so? In addition we also know his plans may have been cut short and we do not know to what point he wanted the baby to grow. And although he continues to argue with red Brandon about not experimenting with children, going with the title of this episode (bloodline), I think Walternate hopes his grandson will have natural, or at least "passed on" abilities of Peter, eliminating Walternate's need for Peter all together in regards to the machine. So I think at some point Walter plans on abducting his grandson yet again.

For more proof of this possibility I look at Tales of the FRINGE issue 3, story 2--"The Weapon". The weapon is about a women who finds her child secretly hidden inside a building fronting as a toystore. She gets her son and flees to Tanzania...but eventually government agents finds her because the baby is radio active and has killed the mother and near by villagers....the agents say they have the weapon and are taking it back to the Pentagon.

Sixth Sense---Predetermination:
Red Olivia and her mother both could sense something was wrong ahead of time, but more curious is what happens to Blue Olivia in "The Same Old Story" (1x02). While waiting for Nina Sharp to get the retna scanner from Massive Dynamics, Olivia has some kind of astral projection-day dream type experience in which Broyles comments that Olivia had sex and wasn't safe and Olivia sees herself have a rapidly accelerating baby moving inside her!!--Playing on the story of Penrose's son, who needed the hormones of the putuitary glands to help stop his own rapid acceleration in which he gets a prostitute pregnant and woman and baby die do to not being able to stop the growth of the baby. This episode is also when more boldly emphisizes "the pattern" to Peter and Olivia. So we might wonder why are these things repeating and associating in such a way...IMO still leads me to yet another previous universe that was split, as even in TSOS Walter comments that this is "mitosis". (Cells clone themselves and split apart--ties into "Human Action--clones Penrose-Carlson experiment = secrets at MD)

So I was wrong about seeing a little Nina, at least in this universe, but I a still think she is related to the Dunhams one way or another. But since we know red Olivia has a son, my next two thoughts rest on Robert Bishop and Sam Weiss.

Weissen in German is the verb "to know" so the root is Weiss. So we have this play on
Sam Knows...I kept noticing many plays on futurology--to know something of the future. A few episodes back Sam says has much, and even his previous behavior with Olivia, with her picking out red letters to form a message, suggests he is able to see things. Even during Clue he says, "I have always wanted a billiard room" -Billiard is english for "pool". Both pool and bowling are GAMES that require a skill of angles --predetermining THE COURSE. IMO one way possible know a course comes at either In mathematics, projective geometry is the study of geometric properties that are invariant under projective transformations, and/or knowing some things about a possible future because you come from there---you could engineer a timeline. So I think if anyone has upper hand in being Peter's son at this point, it would be Sam.

The second I would conclude at Robert Bishop--his date of death doesn't match Walter's birth and we have been told that he would like and resembles Robert by John Mosley (The Arrival) and Walter and Koffman (The Bishop Revival)...of course perhaps Peter is Robert...and Robert is not really Walter's real father?? who knows??

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Did anybody else get a Juliet Burke vibe?

http://i.imgur.com/xkPw7.jpg

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:04 pm

b3rt4 wrote:Did anybody else get a Juliet Burke vibe?

http://i.imgur.com/xkPw7.jpg

Not exactly, but I did get a Claire and Sun vibe!

Bu you're right in that she reminds me of an "other" like Juliet, or Colleen (<--which again is ironic considering last weeks episode)

She also kind of reminded me of Police officer Mathis from Northwest Passage...maybe it's just the authority of them, but I also think the blood cards have been switched...so these people could be 'rogue'.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:05 pm

BAD WALTERNATE!!!! Not that I was entirely surprised by this ending because I think Walternate would do just about anything to make his machine work. Once he found out about the lucky turn of events with a pregnant Olivia, he only used that to his full advantage. After a re-watch of that scene between Walternate and Brandon talking about using children in experiments, I understood better what Brandon was asking. He wanted to give Walternate one more chance to use children instead of Olivia's unborn child but Walternate refused again.

I thought this was a nice red episode with the return of Henry and Olivia's mom, and of course The Observer! He was the one watching and knowing what events were unfolding before we did! This was a nice way to give Henry another connection to the story line with Other Olivia this time. The birth scene was okay and the typical television birth that happens immediately! :lol: I wanted A.T. to give us some real screams here but we didn't get any at all. :huh:

I really had to laugh at all the doctors and nurses with their black masks, caps and gloves! I think we got that they were the bad guys..... :roll:

At this point, I think Walternate underestimates Lincoln and Charlie putting two and two together. They are both going to be in danger as they dig deeper into what is going on with Walternate and Broyles disappearance. This may be a way to eliminate Charlie if they need to before the end of the season. No more Charlie once again... :cry:

Loved the "Opus the penguin" reference with Henry!! Berkeley Breathed doesn't write is anymore so that was a fun difference. TPTB are all comic book guys so that was cool! :thumbsup: My favorite, funny scene was when Charlie and Lincoln were hollering at Henry!! Hands on the wheel....Get out.....Which is it??? :lol:

Walternate really played Lincoln well in his office as he pretends to worry that it was his fault "someone" kidnapped Olivia. He even got Lincoln feeling bad for him and totally tricked Lincoln into believing that only Lincoln could save the day and find Olivia. I think that Walternate would have easily let Olivia die and make sure only the baby survived.

So now the question is whether or not Walternate needs the baby or just the DNA for his machine? I think it will only be the DNA since Walternate could probably engineer it to a shape shifter/humanoid to fit in the machine. Forget Peter, now Walternate has his missing link for the machine.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:51 am

JacobsMom wrote:The birth scene was okay and the typical television birth that happens immediately! :lol:

:lol:
Yea, she got off easy. Pregnancy lasted a few weeks and the birth was a couple minutes.
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby Finli Otego on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:04 am

Just watched it and loved it. The most I've been into a Fringe episode since The Firefly. Anna Torv continues to impress me. Just great TV. :thumbup:

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby HannaK on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Sure this was a great way to speed up the pregnancy and have that child ready for the season finale and everything but the way they wrote the episode and the way Anna Torv acted this episode just doesn't make me care about that. Awesome, awesome, awesome episode!!!!
Also, Licoln is growing on me, oh wait, scratch that, I love him already!! :wub:
And I agree, Walternate better watch out now that Lincoln and Charlie have join forces.

About the promo:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Very very intrigued by the promo! Am I the only one who is getting an Inception vibe here?
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:33 pm

HannaK wrote:About the promo:
Very very intrigued by the promo! Am I the only one who is getting an Inception vibe here?

Yep, I thought the same thing.
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Thirty-Fiver wrote:
JacobsMom wrote:The birth scene was okay and the typical television birth that happens immediately! :lol:

:lol:
Yea, she got off easy. Pregnancy lasted a few weeks and the birth was a couple minutes.

Yeah, some women do have those quick births at the hospital but I am one of the unfortunate ones who went into labor that lasted for 2 days before Jacob was born. Always was a stubborn kid!! :lol:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby Notice on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 pm

HannaK wrote:Sure this was a great way to speed up the pregnancy and have that child ready for the season finale and everything but the way they wrote the episode and the way Anna Torv acted this episode just doesn't make me care about that. Awesome, awesome, awesome episode!!!!
Also, Licoln is growing on me, oh wait, scratch that, I love him already!! :wub:
And I agree, Walternate better watch out now that Lincoln and Charlie have join forces.

About the promo:

Exactly this. :thumbup:
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby Xindilini on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:12 am

Some of the good parts for BOlivia was the scene on the toilet. ;)
Xindilini
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:55 am

Thirty-Fiver wrote:
HannaK wrote:About the promo:

Yep, I thought the same thing.

I also got a smoke monster FS vibe too because I suspect we will not see
Nimoy, but rather he appears in the image of her step father, because they both are abusive and manipulitive.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Next

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]