The Blood Cards May Have Been Switched

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

The Blood Cards May Have Been Switched

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:59 pm

So looking at screencaps from a person on another web site, it appears that the card that is marked at the time the blood is first swiped, is not the same card, or even the blood of the card, that makes it to Walternate's hands. Now this could be a production error, but the cards look too different IMO for that to be the case. When i can get the screen caps myslef, I will post so you guys can see.

Ok I have them:

What does this mean:

It means Walternate was playing the Fringe team (and almost everyone else), but that at least one doctor apart of the abduction, let alone all of them, or even just Brandon, are playing Walternate.

So who could they be?

People working on the behalf of William Bell
North Wood Group (mentiond by George Morales in "Dream Scape")
People working on behalf of the Observers
People from another universe (note: red universe has an abundance of soft spots that have been quarantined)
Some rogue( ZFT manipulation) group against Walernate in general--could be headed by Brandon.

what do you guys think??
Last edited by DarthLocke on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The Blood Cards May Have Been Switched

Postby DarkUFO on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Oooh, thanks for the screencaps :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:20 pm

^Sure! :) Thought it was pretty interesting...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm thinking it's just a production error. Brandon seems to be on board with whatever Walternate wishes and I guess I don't see him pulling a fast one on Walternate. :)
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Actually, it could still be Walternate all along depending.

There is a promo pic that was released before the episode aired, featuring Walternate in the stair well with the one of the doctor-abductors, The Caption says, "You were careless." You can see the image on Fox's site http://www.fox.com/fringe/photos/#episodes/episode_18:7258568 This scene is NOT shown in the episode, so either they are saving the direct reveal for later, or they changed their minds about who they want this group to be.

IMO the blood shape itself is too different to be an error. It would be easy to create another similar smudge --it's not even swiped from the same direction.

But no matter what it appears that the Observers influenced the course as September's presence may have given Olivia the awareness she needed to call Lincoln prior to the abduction, as by shows end he reports, "It is Happening."

Even though it seems clear that Walternate had Bradonate task a team, I still think the team may have wanted to double cross them...they could work for the Observers.

Of course Walternate could have tasked Brandonate, but Walternate may be honest in not experimenting on children (at least in terms of giving them drugs), but this also doesn't mean Brandonate doesn't have his own plan, because we don't really know that much about him, or the red universe in general.

-- Merged Double Post --

There are more revelations occurring with the second card...if you look really closely it looks like asian script, or kanji!!

Some ideas I have read from others are "rabbit" (it is the year of the rabbit and it was being celebrated in China Town during the episode), "Moon" (which in Japanes culture, rabbit lives on the moon, in many cultures rabbits are sign of fertility) ...or One of the I-Ching symbols for northeast and/or mountain!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]