[Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby PandaVamp on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:27 pm

"Neither Here Nor There"

9:00PM

Discuss Fringe's Season 4 Premiere Episode here.




THE FRINGE TEAM TAKES NEW SHAPE AS THE IMPACT OF PETER'S HEROIC CHOICE UNFOLDS IN THE FOURTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "FRINGE" FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, ON FOX

Just one week after Peter Bishop saved the day and was then wiped from existence, the truce between the two worlds remains intact and the two sides are forced to work together. Lincoln Lee joins the Fringe team as they investigate a shapeshifter case that is very personal to him in the "Neither Here Nor There" season premiere episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Sept. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-401) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

Guest Cast: Joe Flanigan as Robert Danzig; Shauna Johannesen as Julie Danzig; Charlotte Williams as Amy Danzig; Sean Michael Kyer as Jonathan Danzig; Stephen Lobo as Agent Frazier; Colin Lawrence Agent Roach

Source: FOX


Check STV.com/Fringe for Spoilers.
Image
Image

You have to invite me in.
User avatar
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator
 
Posts: 8326
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:49 am
Location: Fangtasia
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby real1 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:03 am

where is every one ? one hour and i will post again ...

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:53 am

Welcome back fellow FRINGE Fans!

(I don't know where everyone is, real1, but I suspect that live chat was busy tonight!_

What has the reset done so far...

Red Olivia has basically been set back to how we meet her in the season 2 finale. She's a bit hostile and antagonistic.
Blue Olivia has been further set back. It's clear with out Peter she has become a bit more hardened and non trusting and so red Olivia's opening argument has some merit to.

Blue Walter has become scared, really, really scared! SCARED TO DEATH! It seems blue Astrid doesn't spend as much time with him and he doesn't get out much, as he doesn't want to leave the lab---he lives there. Major digression. He is also very hyper...

Blue Olivia, however, was able to "calm" Walter...I don't know if her cortexifan abilities have changed or have been extended (think: Nick Lane), but I think she seems to have more patients for Walter at the very least.


The episode itself was really very well done! Blue Lincoln Lee is essentially shadowing/repeating the role of blue Olivia and so the episode mirrors the Pilot (which, besides the absence of Peter didn't change), but also ties back to when we first meet blue Lincoln Lee in "Stowaway" ---which was about the idea of not being able to die and/or piggy-backing energy/existence on someone else's energy...at least not until one fullfills a purpose...(Makes me think that Peter is also Jack Shepphard-esque)

In Lost I use to argue that beyond my belief in semi-repeated time lines, that even in the construct of what we might perceive as one, that patterns manifested in terms of character relationships and events. An example would be Claudia, her twin boys (Jacob/MIB), and "Mother" mirrors/shows evolution of progression with Danielle, Alex, and Ben with Cindy, Emma, and Zack and with Claire, Kate, Aaron and eventually the creation of David...I always believed that the repeats in events was like watching a train of thought, or a stream of group conscience try and work itself out ---it was because of this we may not be able to determine how/why things were happening, because in some cases the origins of things were lost/have missing pieces because it was created in other time lines.

There are quite a few things that we didn't get answers to with FRINGE also --story lines started, but seem to fade into nothingness. --But I am willing to bet that those things will continue to play out and manifest here. --Even now we might be able to tribute that there "could be" a relationship between the chemicals that John Scott was exposed to and the evolution of the Shapeshifters (which I still think reflects an evolution in the Observers--super human beings).

It will be interesting to see if Walternate did make these new shapeshifters or not --but boy they take forever to form...

As for the Observers, I was hoping that September couldn't do what December expects of him (the whole shopping scene reminded me of E.T. and The Men in Black)...There is a NEW Observer on the scene too! -At first, going with that continuing trains of thought theme, I thought that he could be the child Observer, but then I saw September's reaction---it was sentimental. --The boy in "inner child" could feel Olivia's thoughts/feeling and it's already clear that blue Olivia is just not as warm with out Peter....so I am sticking to that September is the boy in "inner child"--that boy would know how Olivia feels about Peter...


One last note is that Lee's Partner also continues a pattern repeat...
His Partner's name was Robert...Robert is also the name of Walter's father...
The little girl was a red head...in the 2021 timeline Amanda (a named that repeats many times) drew a picture of Peter and Olivia with a child, a little red head girl, they are going to have in the future...this girl also had a brother and I think it was metaphoric in that these are the "kids" that are missing (Henry and the red head girl)...the promise of the future LOST, because Peter is LOST.

I can only take Walter's experiment with the bird as a type of casimar effect---he must have found some way for inter-space/time exchange because he says the bird is dead even though we see it alive...it's more like he sent it back in time, or exchanged the bird with another living version in time and caused it to co-exist in our current time...or it stole energy off of something else (Stowaway-Dana Grey/William Bell)....This concept must be going somewhere...

Well that's it for now! What did you guys think about the episode?!
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby real1 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 am

Answers will lead to more questions

Yes that's Fringe after all .. that we will be a prisoner of questions over and over with no end for this amazing story line by all it different time line .

I don't know from where to start ? .. here is now that dialog between tow different actress .. Anna Torv is playing Olivia and the other actress is playing AltOlivia ... welcome to fringe family we should say to her .. wait .. wait .. no it's also Anna Torv who's playing Altolivia ? O.o .. yes yes she is Anna Torv ( the worthy emmy actress all the time )

Olivia : you are B!tch , out of mind irresponsible

AltOlivia : Come on .. you have just one way to say it am better than you , you are jealous !

Olivia : you have to think twice before talking to me , you stole my life

AltOlivia : forgive me , nothing in your life was good , you know what ? am happy that at least brought a son what did you bring so far ?

Olivia : i don't trust you! go to hell

AltOlivia: yeah yeah keep it this way and try to tell yourself that huh !


;)

None of that did happen ! only that we have a proof that Altolivia kidnapped Olivia and stole her life .. while Altolivia wasn't happy about how Olivia is living her life .. Olivia gave it right that even if AltOlivia walked in her shoooo that it is not mean she know Olivia . :thumbup: good call from the writers on that .

I was thinking why the 2 Olivia's were dealing with each other then .. i figured it that because not every one is knowing about the universes and the bridge ?

Agent Lee , welcome to our Fringe , Seth is doing a great job so far , Lee is reminding me of Olivia in the "Pilot" where was Broyles trying to set her back and she was fighting to be at the first seat , same thing here with Lee he wants answers and Olivia gave that to him , am not going to surprised if Lee will be a cortix .. maybe has a photograph memory as well .. and he had ( mental illness ) ? .. i would like to discover more about Lee ....

Astrid .... at field to help Walter ..... Walter brought back a bird to life ? no he said that's not a life ! reanimation maybe ?

So Olivia is remembering Scott ... Walter didn't find a cure for him ( well Peter who pushed Stieg to talk "Pilot" ) so Scott is dead , and there is no need to say how Olivia got Walter .. because Walter hasn't any family to take their permission .. so Olivia got Walter .

Shapshifter ? .. we didn't see their device ... but yes .. am sure that Walternat will complete his agenda ( only one universe will survive ) .. and am surprised that Altolivia isn't knowing yet Walternate and she is not care or think about the other side .. she is just as how she was in S2ep 22 23 that she is seeing the blue side as the monsters in their skin even when she did stole Olivia's life .. her perspective didn't change ....

And now .. how many figment we did have ? .. from the first scene you can see Peter behind Olivia .. then at the lab behind Walter ... then at the TV in front of Walter .... which mean .. Peter is every where near Olivia and Walter BUT .... Walter saw him and Olivia not :hmm: ....... I did pay attention on how Olivia had the ability to calm down Walter .... but yet we don't know if she is still cortix or not .

SEPTEMBER : it's your fault at the first place ... what the hell is that mean ? .. is Peter purpose to open the door between the 2 side .. so what was September fault ? ..... that it must be one side survive ? December said that their role is just to see the events as how suppose to be ... but September said there is no way to say what will come to pass .. and then we have : "the time line has been re-written" ... so because of that December want to erase Peter from time as a consequences .... and by the end September didn't ! :hmm: .. does he remembered August ? ..... I don't know

This episode was great and at the level of Fringe .... the dynamic of Olivia / Lee was great and Walter too .I can't wait to see what will happen next .


9.3/10

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:19 pm

^We know from the Observers discussions from before that Walternate was not meant to see September when he was attempting to make a cure for red Peter's sickness...Walternate misses his chance to save Peter, bit Walter intervenes and is able to save Peter, but September also helps save their lives when crossing back over to Reden Lake. He eventually tells Walter to keep Peter in the blue reality and not to ever let him return...

Everything we have seen the Observers do last season seems to point to wanting Peter to get into the machine...
In the first moments of the after math of Peter's reset, December expresses a bit of gratitude towards September...saying that September was right (right about the machine and their memories of Peter) and that Peter is gone essentially because "He has served his purpose".....(Same as Lee's partner's Robert's)

I have suggested before that maybe in the FRINGE universes each person, a variable, does have a role to play and that perhaps when they establish a happy life for themselves and are also still willing to risk their lives for others, that the characters serve their purpose and then die (blue Charlie Frances, Red Broyles) When we get to "Stowaway" we get the same type of thing. Dana Grey couldn't die (and be with their family) until she was able to save others (take the bomb off the bus) - Saving others was her life's purpose...

When it comes down to it, it's December that has the problem with Peter's existence...he is the one that views September's presence one night in the 1980's in the red universe lab "a mistake" --The mistake that is killing these two universes...It's been September's job ever since to try and course correct.

The biggest problem we still have is we don't know for what outcome -on behalf of what, or for whom, from when and where the Observers work for...but seeing September unable to completely erase Peter suggests to me that there still could be another way and perhaps September is willing to sacrifice himself, like August did, for the sake of what Peter meant/means to Walter and Olivia...
Last edited by DarthLocke on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby real1 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Interesting , If red Peter meant to live in the red side .. how possibly he will save the blue side as how it was written ? I mean .. for September he was wanting to witness the event of finding a cure for red Peter ... and imagine if it was as that .... and Walter didn't cross over ? ... but I think that Walter will cross over .. because he said to August : I just was missing my son .

If Peter purpose is to use the BBM .. which mean the probability of healing both sides is there .. then why the time was re-written .. if there were multi possibility for the future as how September said in "the firefly" ?

Observers are not human so they don't think as us according to Walter , so I think September knows that even if he will erase Peter .. nothing is gonna change what may happen .... but the better question is : If December will agree on what September is doing or he will send another observer to do the job ?

I think we will go back ! .. we have toooo do it .... this show is blowing mind :thumbsup:

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:17 pm

real1 wrote:Interesting , If red Peter meant to live in the red side .. how possibly he will save the blue side as how it was written ? I mean .. for September he was wanting to witness the event of finding a cure for red Peter ... and imagine if it was as that .... and Walter didn't cross over ? ... but I think that Walter will cross over .. because he said to August : I just was missing my son .

If Peter purpose is to use the BBM .. which mean the probability of healing both sides is there .. then why the time was re-written .. if there were multi possibility for the future as how September said in "the firefly" ?

Observers are not human so they don't think as us according to Walter , so I think September knows that even if he will erase Peter .. nothing is gonna change what may happen .... but the better question is : If December will agree on what September is doing or he will send another observer to do the job ?

I think we will go back ! .. we have toooo do it .... this show is blowing mind :thumbsup:

:cool:


I think that is the question of all questions, but I think we can sort of answer it. --We have to assume the bridge itself is the first step in the healing process --I think the red characters need to be broken down a bit, because despite red Olivia's point about blue Olivia's trust issues, red Olivia still seems manipulative and none sentimental. She's reverted back to the way we first meet her. Walternate is probably also the same. Some times in psychology and even politics it is said we can't fix relationship problems with others until we are able to open a dialogue...Peter to some degree was the reason holding this process back because Walternate seemingly became worse with the knowlege that Peter lived elsewhere in another universe....

With out an adult Peter being there, there is hope that the reason's Walternate is mad have to be for different reasons--and so he might be able change because of this....

However I am sure we can all argue that except for Walternate and Red Lee and Red Frances/Broyles, that Peter helped everyone else become better people, and that Olivia made him a better person too...and so with out Peter the blue characters might not be able to change the outlook of the red characters...because Peter changed them.

In "The Firefly" it was admitted by September that he (and most likely the other observers too) could not predict which "future" (or really reality) would come to pass, even though they are trying to. If there is truth to this, then there still might be a way for Peter to live in this timeline and everything work out---but I think the fact that he still appears and can be heard is a sign that he still has a purpose, despite what the Observers think...

another burning question we may need to keep in mind is that why the solution is NEVER two adult Peters?? -Why is it so iminent that there is only one of him? (This is why I keep thinking that Peter was originally something created or converted in a non conventual way...)


PS: did anyone else think the third Olivia (the person outside the crime scene and eventual shapeshifter) looked like a Vulcan?? --Kind of similar to the character from "Enterprise"??????

add this little bit from wiki about Vulcans (reminds me of Observers)
In the past ninety years since Star Trek: First Contact, the Vulcans have been mentoring humanity to what they see as an appropriate level of civilization, routinely holding back scientific knowledge in an effort to keep humans stranded close to home, believing them to be too irrational and emotionally-dominated to function properly in an interstellar community. When Enterprise finally sets out, the Vulcans are often conspicuously close by. This generates some conflict as, in several early episodes, Archer and others complain bitterly of the Vulcans' unsubtle methods of checking up on them.

-------------------------------------------------


real1 wrote:Astrid .... at field to help Walter ..... Walter brought back a bird to life ? no he said that's not a life ! reanimation maybe ?


:cool:


I thought about what you said here and I think you are right! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

--If the bird is only reanimated it might suggest that the bird is starting over from scratch or is barely consciencely active --that the previous conscience (memory/history) of the bird is NOT there...

"Marionette" went here too, Obviously playing homage just like the Pilot did, that Walter is like Frankenstein....

"You may be able to reanimate dead gini pigs or whatever, but I can bring anything mechanical back from the dead" -Peter "The Same Old Story" (We have also heard Walter say our minds are like computers --so really what is mechanical and what isn't???)

But trying to keep on track, in the 2021 timeline we get a weird explanation for how Peter could exist there...Walter says he "pulled Peter's conscience" to that future...(or at least that might be what happened before since Walter wasn't sure if this was currently happening and not just that it already happened). In one sense the logic here is sort of fuzzy because we saw NO such physical action on 2021's Walter's behalf to show us "how" he pulled Peter's conscience through time---but perhaps that is what the machine (or machines together--creates a network/router through timelines) does....remember for some reason The First People (other versions of Walter and Co from a previous timeline) "disappeared" from the blues history entirely except for the work/scriptures/history saved by the Sam Weiss' (and by extension William Bell) and the machine itself.....How? Where did they go? --->Were they wiped/erased by the Observers? --Or did the Machine(s) Reset them elsewhere??? (<---is still thinking about Nina Sharp being related to or another version of Olivia(s))

Whatever is really going on i can only conclude that Walter, like suggested by another version of his future self in the possible 2021 time period, that he can NOW pull Peter's conscience out of the machine and bring him back and/or stabilize his existence in THIS timeline....

I mean what if the machine is like death...if you become a passenger in it--your soul will drift (peter has been alluded to a drifter prior to fringe division) to many timelines and or time periods (all realities) until someone pulls your conscience out of the machine...
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby Gary Troup on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:37 pm

I think for a premiere it was pretty flat, nothing much really happened. :unsure:

And I'm preferring Lincoln to Peter at the moment, I didn't really notice his absence. But 'Fight Club Peter' (flashing behind Olivia for a second, appearing on the tv) was quite cool :)
User avatar
Gary Troup
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:29 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby Woongo on Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Hm. The opening scene was not bad. The whole shapeshifter case didn’t really catch my interest, sadly. The final 10 minutes or so were awesome.

Lincoln Lee was good, but not better than Peter, as I have heard some people say *coughGarycough*. The Observer scenes were hilarious and awesome.

Hoping that it will get better as the season progresses. :)
Image
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

User avatar
Woongo
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:35 pm
Location: Lithuania
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby supermodel on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:06 pm

I also was left cold by this episode, and I didn't find the shapeshifter storyline compelling in any way. On the contrary, I was kind of irritated. I guess I feel we have enough recurring freaks with the old shapeshifters and the Observers and the cortexifan subjects, I don't know that we need more.

I suppose with the death of the Newton the story of the original shapshifters had ended. But new ones? If we are doing something new, why use the same basic story? Shapeshifting soldiers from another dimension, we get it. Who cares what their method of shifting is? How is this going to be different?

Also, without Peter there is not much to Olivia and not much to like. I really didn't care if she got killed and I hope we can warm up to her. From a writing point of view it's a risk, I think we need to see some of what we liked about her back in S1E1. Last night she was a total dud.

But I will reserve final judgement until I watch it a second time. I didn't like last year's premiere or even the first couple of episodes. I was extremely irritated at the prospect of leaving "our" (blue) universe every other week. But then a month later I thought it was all fantastic. So maybe I need to give it a chance.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby Xindilini on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Hmm. First thought is I need a new red-headed Olivia banner.

The reset changed the blue universe slightly. Olivia's partner, we may assume to be John Scott, was not saved, suggests that (1)they didn't find the person responsible for exposing him to the chemicals, (2) they may not have used the tank to connect Olivia and John's consciousness.

This episode served to do two things: to depict Olivia and Walter in their current state more than anythone else.

With descriptions like "You are incapable of trust." and "It must be hard to develop trust in people when all you got is yourself." makes Red Olivia a mirror for Blue Olivia. It doesn't seem like we will have a fully realized character I hope she would be. :(

Makes one wonder what scared Walter so that he never leaves the lab. Astrid is his eyes and ears.

Looking forward to see what the other Walter is like.

The growing story of the Observers is interesting. They are more involved with what what happens to the world then September claimed. We may never know what their part is in the mythology until the end of the series.
Image
User avatar
Xindilini
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Canada
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby SuperSerb on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Here's interesting thing I noticed in this episode, thought you guys might like it:

Image

(around minute 10, only seeable in a few frames)

I assume it's Peter, but you can know for sure with Fringe. :)
User avatar
SuperSerb
Guest Star
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Serbia
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:51 am

supermodel wrote:I also was left cold by this episode, and I didn't find the shapeshifter storyline compelling in any way. On the contrary, I was kind of irritated. I guess I feel we have enough recurring freaks with the old shapeshifters and the Observers and the cortexifan subjects, I don't know that we need more.

I suppose with the death of the Newton the story of the original shapshifters had ended. But new ones? If we are doing something new, why use the same basic story? Shapeshifting soldiers from another dimension, we get it. Who cares what their method of shifting is? How is this going to be different?

Also, without Peter there is not much to Olivia and not much to like. I really didn't care if she got killed and I hope we can warm up to her. From a writing point of view it's a risk, I think we need to see some of what we liked about her back in S1E1. Last night she was a total dud.

But I will reserve final judgement until I watch it a second time. I didn't like last year's premiere or even the first couple of episodes. I was extremely irritated at the prospect of leaving "our" (blue) universe every other week. But then a month later I thought it was all fantastic. So maybe I need to give it a chance.


I agree the episide felt cold, but I think the story line was cold because the blue characters are colder with out Peter. I think we are suppose to feel a great sense of loss and/or degradation to some degree, and I think it's the blue that has the bigger impact in terms of being set way back --The Shapeshifters' human evolution add to an almost pitiful existence---going with Frankenstein again ( the bird reanimation also points to this), humans keep trying to create super humans to cheat death for all kinds of purposes and to see these Shapeshifters struggle like this reminds viewers that either this idea is wrong, or that humanity does have to suffer to make progress (but progress of what?) Or that this reality so far is pitiful with out Peter...(but it also continues with a train of thought as we can now associate what happened with John Scott to a type of super human evolution - the information from the Pilot has been developed and extended)


Woongo wrote:Hm. The opening scene was not bad. The whole shapeshifter case didn’t really catch my interest, sadly. The final 10 minutes or so were awesome.

Lincoln Lee was good, but not better than Peter, as I have heard some people say *coughGarycough*. The Observer scenes were hilarious and awesome.

Hoping that it will get better as the season progresses. :)


I don't know if you ever read any of some stuff I put together in "The Somewhere Over The Rainbow Thread"???

I wasn't expecting an AMBER intro at all, but in that thread I did state that we might see one (an amber reality) eventually...
--IMO the AMBER not only plays on the FIRST PEOPLE and their (at least one) previous loop of sending the machine back to the paleolithic period to create and alternate reality (the blue for sure), but the Amber is the only thing we have seen not only plug black holes, but is also PRESERVES HUMANS who get caught in it...(this made me think about Jurrassic Park and the mosquito)

The bridge seems like it is suppose to be the first step to trying to save both universes, but I just have this feeling when you ]mix the Olivas hair colors together the amber is meant to play some kind of final role some how...
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby JacobsMom on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:12 pm

I LOVED this new season premiere! :thumbsup: The fact that TPTB are including bits and pieces of Peter was great and showed that whatever those "bald guys" want to happen, it isn't happening! :lol: December tells us that it is still their job to make sure events play out correctly but I believe that Peter is a very, special exception here. I also believe that September knows this and that may be why he didn't carry out the final execution of Peter's "existence" with his box of doom. :D

Between seeing the first flash of Peter at the bridge to having his thoughts/quotes repeated by other characters....Lincoln says "He believed everything happened for a reason" and Olivia says, "Sometimes answers lead to more questions", Peter is present in a way we never thought could happen. I like how this is going to play out and am excited to see how he will finally evolve back to the show at last. Even the fact that we saw Walter attempt to revive the dead bird shows us that Peter is still there somewhere waiting.

The new addition of Lincoln is okay but I don't expect it to last forever. He is sort of repeating this role of the first season Olivia who doesn't belong and needs a family. I like Lincoln's geeky type of character who won't give up until he gets those answers. It was nice to have him repeat that line from last season too..."One of these things is not like the other" but only this time to Olivia instead of Peter.

Walter said something in the lab that made me think. He says, "People die, it happens. Sometimes they even die twice." This could refer to when Peter and Walter fell through the ice but maybe this time only Walter was saved by September. :hmm: We know that supposedly in this time line we have, both boys died.

I kept thinking about these new "shape shifters" and the fact that they are somehow evolving past what we have seen already. Whatever their purpose is, I believe that is a clue to what may solve this whole problem between the universes.

Favorite line:
"I need to erase someone from time." September :lol:

Favorite scene:
Last scene with Walter going to bed and getting to "see" Peter in the TV as September refuses to "erase" Peter with his machine. :thumbsup:

Things I noticed:

New yellow color for the opening means a new path in the time line.
Lincoln calling his partners wife....Jules....nice nod to Juliet of Lost!
Gene/Jean has a new, RED halter!
Loved the new look of Walter's lab, bedroom and all!
The cool shop where September went looking for parts for his machine...lot's of old technology stuff there and another nice nod to props departments everywhere with crazy television series like Fringe!
Seeing the look on Lincoln's face when he realizes just how "mad" Walter is after he discovers him in the tank!
Lincoln looking up at the glass ceiling at the bridge and seeing the zeppelin.


I do have one question. Was the woman shape shifter we saw at the end after the shoot out with the shape shifters, the same one who was in the car accident? So now she came back to life after being examined by Walter?
User avatar
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.01 *Season Premiere*

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:29 am

JacobsMom wrote:I LOVED this new season premiere! :thumbsup: The fact that TPTB are including bits and pieces of Peter was great and showed that whatever those "bald guys" want to happen, it isn't happening! :lol: December tells us that it is still their job to make sure events play out correctly but I believe that Peter is a very, special exception here. I also believe that September knows this and that may be why he didn't carry out the final execution of Peter's "existence" with his box of doom. :D

Between seeing the first flash of Peter at the bridge to having his thoughts/quotes repeated by other characters....Lincoln says "He believed everything happened for a reason" and Olivia says, "Sometimes answers lead to more questions", Peter is present in a way we never thought could happen. I like how this is going to play out and am excited to see how he will finally evolve back to the show at last. Even the fact that we saw Walter attempt to revive the dead bird shows us that Peter is still there somewhere waiting.

The new addition of Lincoln is okay but I don't expect it to last forever. He is sort of repeating this role of the first season Olivia who doesn't belong and needs a family. I like Lincoln's geeky type of character who won't give up until he gets those answers. It was nice to have him repeat that line from last season too..."One of these things is not like the other" but only this time to Olivia instead of Peter.

Walter said something in the lab that made me think. He says, "People die, it happens. Sometimes they even die twice." This could refer to when Peter and Walter fell through the ice but maybe this time only Walter was saved by September. :hmm: We know that supposedly in this time line we have, both boys died.

I kept thinking about these new "shape shifters" and the fact that they are somehow evolving past what we have seen already. Whatever their purpose is, I believe that is a clue to what may solve this whole problem between the universes.

Favorite line:
"I need to erase someone from time." September :lol:

Favorite scene:
Last scene with Walter going to bed and getting to "see" Peter in the TV as September refuses to "erase" Peter with his machine. :thumbsup:

Things I noticed:

New yellow color for the opening means a new path in the time line.
Lincoln calling his partners wife....Jules....nice nod to Juliet of Lost!
Gene/Jean has a new, RED halter!
Loved the new look of Walter's lab, bedroom and all!
The cool shop where September went looking for parts for his machine...lot's of old technology stuff there and another nice nod to props departments everywhere with crazy television series like Fringe!
Seeing the look on Lincoln's face when he realizes just how "mad" Walter is after he discovers him in the tank!
Lincoln looking up at the glass ceiling at the bridge and seeing the zeppelin.


I do have one question. Was the woman shape shifter we saw at the end after the shoot out with the shape shifters, the same one who was in the car accident? So now she came back to life after being examined by Walter?



I was confused about the 3rd Olivia (the humanoid-shapeshifter) too...I thought maybe she was normal until we see her at the end, but maybe your right --Maybe shapeshifters can "fake" death or "die twice" ---maybe-humanoid shapeshifters have two souls---maybe going back to "stowaway" again (where the viewers first met the blue Lincoln), maybe like Dana Grey, the shapeshifters steal a person's energy/soul? -Maybe that's how they are also more human????? :hmm:

Good thoughts about the new shapeshifters :thumbsup: -- I though of 'the evolution of the Observers' (super human - soldier) again-(-which may tie into what you are thinking) and Frankenstein, and thought of the amber (because of the opening) as the thing that might save them, but I think you make a great point about their own need to progress...Do Shapeshifters dream of electric sheep? --Yes!! -And so MUCH More!

PS: Glad you liked the episode too! :D
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Next

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron