[Official] Fringe Ep. 4.02 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.02 Discussion

Postby Finli Otego on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Devil's Arcade wrote:Why is other Olivia much hotter?

Because she's got attitude. It's sexy. :lol:

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Devil's Arcade wrote:Why is other Olivia much hotter?

I think it depends on what you like, (I am more like blue Olivia) --but some people prefer antagonistic, mouthy, deadly, action-packed females to protagonistic, tactful, secretive, classy, controlled, empathetic, perceptive ones :PP

(But I like both Olivias despite the way the red universe has been written in contrast to the blue)
Last edited by DarthLocke on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:52 am

Am I the only person on this board old enough the remember the old Memorex ad? I swear Walter was sitting in the identical chair, although he had a lot more speakers.

I agree with a lot of differing opinions. I liked this week a lot better than last week, overall an intense episode, although I think it was not awesome and there is room to be even better. But that's OK, we have 20 weeks to go.

I liked the standalone storyline, and I think that guest star, whoever he was, did some really great acting in this episode. But I agree with Gary that the dialogue is a little over the top, I felt a bit like the writers were beating me over the head with the message. I think we are smart enough to understand the main message without the characters having to spell it out for us.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:04 pm

supermodel wrote:Am I the only person on this board old enough the remember the old Memorex ad? I swear Walter was sitting in the identical chair, although he had a lot more speakers.

I agree with a lot of differing opinions. I liked this week a lot better than last week, overall an intense episode, although I think it was not awesome and there is room to be even better. But that's OK, we have 20 weeks to go.

I liked the standalone storyline, and I think that guest star, whoever he was, did some really great acting in this episode. But I agree with Gary that the dialogue is a little over the top, I felt a bit like the writers were beating me over the head with the message. I think we are smart enough to understand the main message without the characters having to spell it out for us.

Ha! Good catch with the add! :thumbsup:

It's funny about the dialogue, because the show runners (Pinkner/Wyman) keep stating, "It's like starting over. It's a good time to join". ---But Abrams has recently said, 'The mythology is deep. The show is for it's fans now. it can never go back to what it was.' ---It might be that their hoping new viewers will join (but the ratings say otherwise :cry: ) and so they over did it to accomidate "them".... Oh well, they didn't keep the Olivias in opposite universes for too long last season, so I imagine that some thing will happen with Peter soon--but it's hard to say "how" that's going to be and if they are ever going to remember fragments of other timelines/memories erased by conditioning...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby i8iliami8i on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Loving some of the posts so far and enjoy reading alot of your inputs each week.
This is my first post because I was a bit upset with this episode...

Col. Broyles...?

How is he alive again? If something did/didn't happen that resulted in his life being spared, tell us!
From JJAbrams work so far, I would doubt he has forgotten that he spoon fed us... quite literally a version of
Col. Broyles that could have been spoon fed to us, however, they shouldn't be leaving it if they are going to tell us
how he is alive again. It should be told to us there and then in the episode to avoid having alot of viewers stuck in "wtf" moments, and especially for viewers not familiar with Abrams may think he has simply 'forgotten' that the character died in S03 and therefore lose respect for Abrams.

Have I missed anything? I watched the episode again just to clarify it wasn't explained but it wasn't! >.<

-- Merged Double Post --

Also, I never actually twigged on why the fans are calling one universe Red and the other Blue... Can anyone help me out? :P
i8iliami8i
Viewer

Postby Finli Otego on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:36 pm

The RED/BLUE thing came from the separate title sequences: The episodes that took place Over There had a red title sequence, while the ones that took place Over Here had blue ones.

Also, there are certain things that were effected by Peter's non-existence, and one of those was apparently Broyles' death (or lack thereof). The details why remain a mystery. This is directly from an interview with the showrunners.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:23 pm

i8iliami8i wrote:Loving some of the posts so far and enjoy reading alot of your inputs each week.
This is my first post because I was a bit upset with this episode...

Col. Broyles...?

How is he alive again? If something did/didn't happen that resulted in his life being spared, tell us!
From JJAbrams work so far, I would doubt he has forgotten that he spoon fed us... quite literally a version of
Col. Broyles that could have been spoon fed to us, however, they shouldn't be leaving it if they are going to tell us
how he is alive again. It should be told to us there and then in the episode to avoid having alot of viewers stuck in "wtf" moments, and especially for viewers not familiar with Abrams may think he has simply 'forgotten' that the character died in S03 and therefore lose respect for Abrams.

Have I missed anything? I watched the episode again just to clarify it wasn't explained but it wasn't! >.<

-- Merged Double Post --

Also, I never actually twigged on why the fans are calling one universe Red and the other Blue... Can anyone help me out? :P

Hi and welcome! :D

No, just that when Peter reappeared and then vanished, the time line altered and has been "reset". (But I think there is room to argue what that really means depending on who's perspective we see the events through) So the point would be to see what changes and what stays the same if the adult Peter that we, and the former characters came to know, was no longer in their lives...in addition it pushes the "white tulip" mythology by saying: 1. Realities might all be created from technology from other people in other realities and 2. that because of that there may be things we end up doing in our lives for reasons we can't physically justify, but rather we innately feel. (loss/death and/or loss of origin plays on transformation via not only with what we can prove, but also information lies in the abstract of what we might not know --The day we died has multiple meanings)

Peter is still there --he is bleeding through (can be seen and heard by Walter)

IMO the 2021 time fragment from "The Day We Died" I think will in some way reapply it's events back onto this new 2011--causing those events to happen sooner, which then in turn might produce different results if the former constant in the loops were that "these end of the day events only have happened @ 2021+" and that no person had enough information about them happening [again] to know how to stop them, or just the law of averages kicks in)

If that's the case, Peter might show up with new information -acting himself like a new character, and/or it might be that Walter has to "materialize" Peter and pull his conscience out of the machine (because Peter and the machine(s) now mirror William Bell and soul magnets) and this is what 2021 blue Walter said he did to get Peter to "that time".

Of course it could get more confusing, because there might be other methods of time alteration (time travel) that are also apart of the loops and/or resets ---so even a reset with in a loop could still be apart of a previous loop and/or there could be loops with in loops which depending on when they are/could be, could make the specifics of reality quite blurry --which might be the over all point. O.o

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:55 pm

I did a quick scan of the comments but I'm at work so I might have missed someone bringing this up. Did anyone else immediately think of Juliet drinking the OJ before coming to the Island when the professor was being tranquilized? He pulled up his sleeve thinking the tranq would be an injection, but it turned out to be this nice, orange colored liquid that he had to drink. :D
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Thirty-Fiver wrote:I did a quick scan of the comments but I'm at work so I might have missed someone bringing this up. Did anyone else immediately think of Juliet drinking the OJ before coming to the Island when the professor was being tranquilized? He pulled up his sleeve thinking the tranq would be an injection, but it turned out to be this nice, orange colored liquid that he had to drink. :D

Nice catch! Totally forgot about that!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]