[Official] Fringe Ep. 4.06 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Fringe Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:06 am

"And Those We Left Behind"

9:00PM

Discuss the latest Fringe Episode here.

TIME IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH ON AN ALL-NEW "FRINGE" FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, ON FOX

The Fringe team must find the pattern between tragic time loop anomalies. As the investigation unfolds, Raymond (guest star Stephen Root), an electrical engineer, and his wife Kate (guest star Romy Rosemont), a professor of theoretical physics, enter the picture in the all-new "And Those We Left Behind" episode of FRINGE.

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

Guest Cast: Stephen Root as Raymond and Romy Rosemount as Kate

Source: FOX

Check out Fringe on SpoilerTV

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby Xindilini on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:12 am

Suddenly I am seeing shades of SLIDERS. :thumbup:
Even if Peter can find a way to jump from reality to reality, he may wind up in another variation. :hmm:
It really explains why the differences in the First People universe and the original universe.
If these two don't have Peter Bishop living to adulthood, is there a pair of worlds where both Peters survived? The possibilities seem endless,
Xindilini
Stunt Double

Postby WJames on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Best episode of the season so far. So touching and emotional. I felt so sad for Peter and that engineer and his wife. :cry: The main plot melted quite nicely with COTW. It bugs me though, that they basically rehashed White Tulip which I feel was a superior episode. But considering the situation Peter is in, I guess it was inevitable. I'm also anticipating when and how they bring Peter to The Machine again. I thought Peter would be asking questions about it by now. :S
Is it not the only thing that can bring him back to his timeline???

*Peter and Olivia in his dream :wub:
*Walter acting like a 5 year old. :cursing:
*Broyles being supportive of Peter :thumbup:

8/10
Last edited by WJames on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Xindilini wrote:Suddenly I am seeing shades of SLIDERS. :thumbup:
Even if Peter can find a way to jump from reality to reality, he may wind up in another variation. :hmm:
It really explains why the differences in the First People universe and the original universe.
If these two don't have Peter Bishop living to adulthood, is there a pair of worlds where both Peters survived? The possibilities seem endless,

In the comics there is...(IMO that might be the original set of parallel universes...It's also possible that the two universes might have been "one" prior to that)

I loved this episode as "Those We Left Behind" goes nicely with LOST's "Because You Left" (and "The Constant")...and of course a ton of KATE Austen Themes...(What Kate Did, What Kate Does = more than one life time and to be able to change perspective and role. And this whole thing could be like a flash sideways, except it's corporeal and more like when the non 316-ers went jumping through the Island's history--which shows time over lap/fold as John goes to another 2007, which repeats and becomes filler in the time line of the characters...John is dead and alive at the same time.)

It was also nice to see them putting those previous concepts from other episodes together to point out the bigger concepts, such as "The Equation", "White Tulip", and a dash of "9556Khz"!!!!!!

I was surprised not see any nose bleeds, but I guess something like that might depend on the method and technology used verses if people are moving through a specific history (one timeline), verses several already existing histories (more than one timeline)???

I really enjoyed the complexity of the episode and a really appreciate that the writers aren't afraid to try and do something like this...as time displacement is a rather hard concept, since there are so many times and so many realities...

I kind of think that when ever this is over, Peter will wake up in the hospital (as a reset) to the events in "The Last Sam Weiss"...To get in the machine(again and again), or not get in the machine(again and again), that is the question?

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:41 pm

"And Those We Left Behind"

I really liked this episode and the way the word "problem" was centered on both Peter and Kate's story line. In his dream (and probably this Olivia's as well) he hears from Olivia that he is the "problem". In the end of this episode, Peter finally realizes after working on the COTW that he definitely doesn't belong here and has to find his old universe once again. He can't change things here to fit his time line because he needs to go home. ( nice reference to the Wizard of Oz/Dorothy)

Kate and her theoretical physics problem is what is giving her husband hope to fix their own problem. It does have that same concept of "White Tulip" and that didn't bother me. It is a whole new set of principles here with Kate being alive but unable to communicate anymore with Raymond. He has basically "lost" her ( I loved all the references to LOST and there were a lot of them!!) and now he is desperately trying to get back to that time and freeze them inside it forever. The one thing I liked about this episode is that Kate gets to decide what happens this time. She pretends to finish that problem for Raymond but only leaves a final message for him to understand instead. She doesn't want a fake future, she wants the outcomes of the regular one, no matter what.

The Walter and Peter show was so much fun to watch this time around. Walter is being his usual stubborn self when he is made to confront his reality of having Peter here. I enjoyed seeing him look through that direction book as Astrid tried to use the wand thing. Isn't that the same wand that the Red Universe uses too? Then when Peter has to come to his lab at last, Walter treats him as one of his subjects, another flash back to his old days of testing. I liked how Peter took control from the reluctant Walter and began to try and solve the problem himself. What was great is that it lured Walter back into the process and he couldn't just stand by, he had to help Peter solve it. They were a team even though Walter didn't want to be. One of my favorite moments in this episode was when Walter finally acknowledged Peter being smart as Peter goes in with his "Walter Bishop Faraday Harness". :thumbsup:

The only thing that really bugged me in this episode was why Lincoln just stood there in the tunnel waiting for that wall of water to overtake him. :huh: Maybe he was just mesmerized by the fact that these two time lines were going to collide/revert at any moment. It really didn't make much sense to me for him to be filming the event before it happened. I would have been running away with the rest of the people! :lol:

My favorite scene was when Peter was doing the "Desmond shuffle"! I loved the fact that Peter took it all in stride and there was no craziness as with Desmond doing his flashes. It was so comical as he tried to figure out what happened and he kept bouncing around back and forth. Once again it is Peter who solves part of the problem that someone else is causing these time jumps to occur.

I got a real "Frankenstein" vibe in Raymond's basement as he goes down to put in the new data from Kate's workbook. I wanted to shout "It's Alive" as he pulled the switch on the machine. :lol: Speaking of the "machine", it also seems to be a lead in for the idea of Peter having to go back home possibly using their "machine" once again. I also liked how we saw Kate later using that same red marker that Raymond had given her earlier, showing the viewers that progress had been made and Raymond was moving the time frame forward. Unfortunately for Raymond, his big mistake was probably showing Kate what he had accomplished in the basement. I think he expected her to be excited but instead she realized something had happened to her and Raymond was using her science to solve his own problem the easy way.

The ending between Peter and Olivia was nice. I liked how "this Olivia" accepted the fact that there was another Olivia out there who loved Peter and she wants him to find her. :wub:

Good lines:
"You're the problem." dream Olivia to Peter
"He IS a Fringe event." Broyles :lol:
"I am ready to present a theory." Walter, after listening to some Styx!
"I heard the idea and I know what a Faraday cage is, any baboon would!" Walter :D
"Some things are suppose to remain theories, it wasn't meant to be built." Kate (reference to the real machine?)
"We don't have time!" Raymond to Kate :lol:

LOST things I noticed:
Peter working the problem/Daniel working the problem
Peter flashing back and forth/Desmond flashing back and forth
The idea that the house and the surrounding area had different time/the island and the ship had different time
The newspaper at the house showing the Red Sox winning the World Series/Jack and his Red Sox!! :lol:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:56 am

JacobsMom wrote:"And Those We Left Behind"

I really liked this episode and the way the word "problem" was centered on both Peter and Kate's story line. In his dream (and probably this Olivia's as well) he hears from Olivia that he is the "problem". In the end of this episode, Peter finally realizes after working on the COTW that he definitely doesn't belong here and has to find his old universe once again. He can't change things here to fit his time line because he needs to go home. ( nice reference to the Wizard of Oz/Dorothy)

Kate and her theoretical physics problem is what is giving her husband hope to fix their own problem. It does have that same concept of "White Tulip" and that didn't bother me. It is a whole new set of principles here with Kate being alive but unable to communicate anymore with Raymond. He has basically "lost" her ( I loved all the references to LOST and there were a lot of them!!) and now he is desperately trying to get back to that time and freeze them inside it forever. The one thing I liked about this episode is that Kate gets to decide what happens this time. She pretends to finish that problem for Raymond but only leaves a final message for him to understand instead. She doesn't want a fake future, she wants the outcomes of the regular one, no matter what.

The Walter and Peter show was so much fun to watch this time around. Walter is being his usual stubborn self when he is made to confront his reality of having Peter here. I enjoyed seeing him look through that direction book as Astrid tried to use the wand thing. Isn't that the same wand that the Red Universe uses too? Then when Peter has to come to his lab at last, Walter treats him as one of his subjects, another flash back to his old days of testing. I liked how Peter took control from the reluctant Walter and began to try and solve the problem himself. What was great is that it lured Walter back into the process and he couldn't just stand by, he had to help Peter solve it. They were a team even though Walter didn't want to be. One of my favorite moments in this episode was when Walter finally acknowledged Peter being smart as Peter goes in with his "Walter Bishop Faraday Harness". :thumbsup:

The only thing that really bugged me in this episode was why Lincoln just stood there in the tunnel waiting for that wall of water to overtake him. :huh: Maybe he was just mesmerized by the fact that these two time lines were going to collide/revert at any moment. It really didn't make much sense to me for him to be filming the event before it happened. I would have been running away with the rest of the people! :lol:

My favorite scene was when Peter was doing the "Desmond shuffle"! I loved the fact that Peter took it all in stride and there was no craziness as with Desmond doing his flashes. It was so comical as he tried to figure out what happened and he kept bouncing around back and forth. Once again it is Peter who solves part of the problem that someone else is causing these time jumps to occur.

I got a real "Frankenstein" vibe in Raymond's basement as he goes down to put in the new data from Kate's workbook. I wanted to shout "It's Alive" as he pulled the switch on the machine. :lol: Speaking of the "machine", it also seems to be a lead in for the idea of Peter having to go back home possibly using their "machine" once again. I also liked how we saw Kate later using that same red marker that Raymond had given her earlier, showing the viewers that progress had been made and Raymond was moving the time frame forward. Unfortunately for Raymond, his big mistake was probably showing Kate what he had accomplished in the basement. I think he expected her to be excited but instead she realized something had happened to her and Raymond was using her science to solve his own problem the easy way.

The ending between Peter and Olivia was nice. I liked how "this Olivia" accepted the fact that there was another Olivia out there who loved Peter and she wants him to find her. :wub:

Good lines:
"You're the problem." dream Olivia to Peter
"He IS a Fringe event." Broyles :lol:
"I am ready to present a theory." Walter, after listening to some Styx!
"I heard the idea and I know what a Faraday cage is, any baboon would!" Walter :D
"Some things are suppose to remain theories, it wasn't meant to be built." Kate (reference to the real machine?)
"We don't have time!" Raymond to Kate :lol:

LOST things I noticed:
Peter working the problem/Daniel working the problem
Peter flashing back and forth/Desmond flashing back and forth
The idea that the house and the surrounding area had different time/the island and the ship had different time
The newspaper at the house showing the Red Sox winning the World Series/Jack and his Red Sox!! :lol:

Nice catches with those LOST things!!!!!!! :thumbsup: (especially the Red Socks--Totally missed it!!! :scared: ) --I really love how the LOST themes shine through in this series and in effect it would probably be even more fun to watch LOST with Fringe in mind! :P (Some times when I see those weird electromagnetic signature readers I think of Miles!)

I agree Kate's reference is probably double speak and is also hinting at the not use and/or non creation of the machine. 2026 Walter made point that it was too late to go back and not create the machine, but perhaps the key is not to "always" get in them. I kind of think that Peter will eventually reset to the events at the beginning of "The Last Sam Weiss", except the bridge will have been made with out the others knowing how...(or the memories will replaced with what ever method the machines in "this" reality had turned on). He might need to choose to not get into the machine, but I am not sure how other wouldn't force him to do that, unless he finds a way to make the machine(s) reject him... :hmm: --And then also this thought occured to me, what if a humaniod shapeshifter could become Peter??????????

I too liked that this Olivia had the sense to believe that Peter loved another version of herself and that she wished him wished them well. :wub:

The Walter Bishop Faraday Harness Deserves a Faraday Happy Dance! :w00t: Image

All we need now is for Mrs. Hawking to make an appearance! Her and the other Nina Sharp can duke it out for Walter and Walternate :lol:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:12 am

I didn't love this episode. But I watched it with a group of friends, which is unusual, and maybe I was distracted. I will give it another shot.

But I was realy bothered by the paradox. The wife's work was the basis of the machine. So when she is back in 2007 she remembers what happened, and she crosses out all her work. So then how did the husband build the machine in the first place?

Also it seems to me that she was in two places at the same time. The buddle was very large, it covered the entire house out to the frint steps. But then 2011 wife is in one room and 2007 wife if thirty feet away in the next room. Aren;t they both inside the buccle? How come one of them didn't disintegrate, like the agent?

Overall I haven't enjoyed this season all that much and I finally realized that one of the things that's bothering me is Peter. I'm just not feeling any emotion from him. He wakes up one day and suddenly the woman he loves not only doesn't love him, she doesn't even know him, and she's a total bitch. How difficult would that be to have her stand two feet away and know she doesn't love him, and he might never see his "real" Olivia again? I don't see any pain or confusion. He's just sort of like "oh, let me solve this problem and go back to my timeline and it will be OK."
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:10 pm

supermodel wrote:I didn't love this episode. But I watched it with a group of friends, which is unusual, and maybe I was distracted. I will give it another shot.

But I was realy bothered by the paradox. The wife's work was the basis of the machine. So when she is back in 2007 she remembers what happened, and she crosses out all her work. So then how did the husband build the machine in the first place?

Also it seems to me that she was in two places at the same time. The buddle was very large, it covered the entire house out to the frint steps. But then 2011 wife is in one room and 2007 wife if thirty feet away in the next room. Aren;t they both inside the buccle? How come one of them didn't disintegrate, like the agent?

Overall I haven't enjoyed this season all that much and I finally realized that one of the things that's bothering me is Peter. I'm just not feeling any emotion from him. He wakes up one day and suddenly the woman he loves not only doesn't love him, she doesn't even know him, and she's a total bitch. How difficult would that be to have her stand two feet away and know she doesn't love him, and he might never see his "real" Olivia again? I don't see any pain or confusion. He's just sort of like "oh, let me solve this problem and go back to my timeline and it will be OK."

I think the paradox should bother us! ---Like the machine and "the first people" (including Peter) we have to assume that it 's possible that variation could still occur...Soif you make time loops by finding ways to "reset" oneself, (think white tulip -Peck passed on the Tulip, but the new Walter never knew why Peck did it and took it as a sign from God. ), then it's possible that the original events are lost prior to alterations...except to someone who may act as a constant time traveler....(it could also be further complicated because Peter is here...we don't know what this time line would have been like if he never appeared, but he may be "fighting" that idea and thus he has an effect)

Peck reset himself in time and create various alternate realities, but he remembered them all because he is the one creating the alterations....he is not reseting his memory, but his timelines...

Here Raymond found a way to reset his wife's research and "save" it (think about microsoft works)...so every time she reset she would be working off of the last reset's work--(working off of branchoffs) So there is, movement, variation, and progression----I speculated that Daniel Faradays notebooks worked very similar to this too, but he didn't have the visual memory like some of the other characters did...that he knew about the DI, as mentioned in Because You Left, because he and/or his mother had known of his previous existence' notes (and they could be passed on because the loops/branch off occured at the right time. And this is why he goes to DI head quarters for 3 yrs and comes back with new ideas...Old LOST Theory which some may still hold substance:http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10892&hilit=simulation)

But the cool thing about this episode is that it shows us we can create time bubbles over places (building)...I think this is important thinking about Massive Dynamic --and thinking about the events that happened with Olivia in Momentum Deferred. (time slips and the elevator/car wind shield issues)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:59 pm

supermodel wrote:I didn't love this episode. But I watched it with a group of friends, which is unusual, and maybe I was distracted. I will give it another shot.

Indeed, where was the 2011 wife? Sitting in her chair in another room? The 2007 version didn't see her? :S

Yeah, Peter doesn't seem too upset on the outside, but you have to remember that hiding his feelings is in his nature. He does it very well. But that is what the dream from the beginning was for, to show us that he is suffering from this situation deeply! He can't just grab this Olivia, kiss her and tell her he loves her, he has to control his emotions. You could see he was cracking when Walter rejected him in the lab, it was obvious he was on the verge of tears and Olivia herself said that the way he looks at her is like he loves her, which he does. The only thing he can do is to concentrate on finding a way back home. Even though I think he'll remain in this timeline...and this Olivia will fall in love with him all over again. :wub:
WJames
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:18 pm

With this episode the series hit an all-time low in viewers. I hope they resolve everything because at this rate there won't be a fifth season.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:44 pm

WJames wrote:

Indeed, where was the 2011 wife? Sitting in her chair in another room? The 2007 version didn't see her? :S

Yeah, Peter doesn't seem too upset on the outside, but you have to remember that hiding his feelings is in his nature. He does it very well. But that is what the dream from the beginning was for, to show us that he is suffering from this situation deeply! He can't just grab this Olivia, kiss her and tell her he loves her, he has to control his emotions. You could see he was cracking when Walter rejected him in the lab, it was obvious he was on the verge of tears and Olivia herself said that the way he looks at her is like he loves her, which he does. The only thing he can do is to concentrate on finding a way back home. Even though I think he'll remain in this timeline...and this Olivia will fall in love with him all over again. :wub:

If you watch white tulip it's a similar thing...Peck resets himself in the time line (there are never 2 Pecks), but carries his memories with him in each alteration...for whatever reason she doesn't remember the new memories when she resets, probably to do with her sickness, but the time bubble and the machine could have something to do with that----> "9556Khz" = second pulse that caused short term retrograde amnesia (Walternate/Red Olivia/shapeshifter set up---to create cases to unearth the machine parts)....which the number stations themselves relate to Peter, the first people, and the machine(s)...so I am pretty sure this is meant to parallel.

I really give them credit for attempting to give us something so complicated, but it adds a great deal of info to the mythology about what else could be happening...

IMO I am not convinced that Peter is the whole problem...I think there is something bigger at work here...like this Nina Sharp and these new Shapeshifters....something they created caused Peter to be able to cross over here...like they have their own soul magnets and are using them....(the machines???)

I think these Olivias are meant to be with the Lees!

I believe the timeline delema will be resolved, but I would think it will take a few (like 2-4) more episodes...A season five would be nice, but I would be happy if they would just let them finish this season considering they don't have a full order yet! I mean what do people do when they are in the middle of a novel and something different and/or unexpectes happens, does everyone just throw away their books? Anyways I wish the world series wouldn't have screwed up the schedule...I wanted to get a couple more in before the winter break just to see, but now THIS week's is the fall finale... :cry:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:48 am

I just rewatched the episode, I liked it somewhat better but stil don;t love it.

I did notice in that last scene, where Olivia takes Peter to Walter's old house, he pulls the sheet off a nice flat screen TV. Where did that come from? I thought Walter was in the mental hospital for about 17 years, and he has never left the lab since Olivia brought him there. Where'd that new TV come from?
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Darth, but I thought Raymond was like Peck, not his wife??? Also, to even work, the time machine room must remain in 2011. Does it not? Hmm, but why would that make 2007 Ray disappear??? Peck? But he basically was a human machine?! Oh, but that would explain the wife, wouldn't it? Gah, time travel hurts my brain. Also, why didn't that woman in the burned building get younger, when her daughter did? Why did that agent die? That was kind of random. :S :S :S O.o :blush: :cursing: :w00t:

...And what makes you think that these Olivias are meant to be with Lees??? All Olivias are meant to be with Peter!!! :P

supermodel wrote:I just rewatched the episode, I liked it somewhat better but stil don;t love it.

I did notice in that last scene, where Olivia takes Peter to Walter's old house, he pulls the sheet off a nice flat screen TV. Where did that come from? I thought Walter was in the mental hospital for about 17 years, and he has never left the lab since Olivia brought him there. Where'd that new TV come from?

Haha, I noticed the tv immediately. At least that was an obvious mistake. :PP
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:43 pm

WJames wrote:Darth, but I thought Raymond was like Peck, not his wife??? Also, to even work, the time machine room must remain in 2011. Does it not? Hmm, but why would that make 2007 Ray disappear??? Peck? But he basically was a human machine?! Oh, but that would explain the wife, wouldn't it? Gah, time travel hurts my brain. Also, why didn't that woman in the burned building get younger, when her daughter did? Why did that agent die? That was kind of random. :S :S :S O.o :blush: :cursing: :w00t:

...And what makes you think that these Olivias are meant to be with Lees??? All Olivias are meant to be with Peter!!! :P

Since we are in science fiction realm the writers are free to use what ever side effects they want.

Somehow we have to accept that he could "control" himself and his wife (although different types of control for each) within the space of their house....but he didn't count on, or cared about what it would take to do that...the random locations would "fight" for order in the 'outer space' and cause slips, convergences, "variable exchanges" --This episode might also relate to "The Man From the Other Side" (the bridges converged--people disintigrated when they were in the threshold/center of crossing point. -We know we can't just walk in and out of realities-we need certain technology to do it--and when the tech/force/process is starting or ending it's dangerous to be in a certain area.), "Jacksonville" (Newton switches buildings), When Jones brought the truck over and it split in half--which he did too :P , Olivia's ability to see other sanarios in the same space--like the building on fire (time displacement), and astral projection (The Day We died, The Plateau)....It's like they combined everything we knew and threw them together....

You have to remember every moment is a bit of time, and there for every moment can be it's own reality, so therefor whether 3 years ago in the same timeline, 3 years ago in another, or any time anywhere can be "different" and can be considered seperate compaired to anyone's "now-time" (present) and that is why these concepts are so difficult, because time is non existent, only the measurment (memory/timing) of our existence in space, and that is fluid...Ray and Kate's house was like a mini semi-controlled reality within a reality and additionally he could reset certain things within it. (And yes it hurts my head too :rofl: ) -But ya, the women and her daughter paralleled what was happening in their house...only one of them reset within the changing space and the other remained "current" (So sorry, you were right he doesn't reset he remains current, but she and the inner house do.)

Lees are about balance and being there for others and the blue is to help Peter restore that balance... (Bloodline/Stowaway) IMO the new shapeshifters (Nadine) and possibly Nina mirror what the first red reality had in store for us last season (red Olivia = Nadine, Nina = Walternate)...there for I feel the reason Peter is there is because of them...that Peter is the missing link to them being able to do something. Fringe gives us things so they can build on them later....So season 3 was about Peter his identity, the machine, acceptance of others, and making a possibly deadly choice and the consequences of choice...LOST to me was about reaching a point where a group of people had gone through hell (The Island) enough times to over ride it and eventually have a life with out it...It was about spiritual progress and reaching a certain point (innate)......which spawned new timelines....with Fringe it's similar except that it's about what if all these corporeal timelines could exist sideways to each other and become entangled?....what would happen to humanity? Would chaos and the end of us ensue? --And what if you designed technology to "keep going" to spawn more entangled timelines, and you could use a machine to go to those too? --The only options are trying to find balance---to figure out how to fix a spiraling deterioration? Perhaps even how to become one again with everything...We know even just from the red to blue that not every timeline has to be the same (in fact it shouldn't be, because that goes against being alive in any sense (physical movement = evolution = eventual changes), so different iterations should be different too....and so either this Olivia is not meant to be with anyone (since Peter shouldn't be there--as he poses a threat since he is clearly a power source), or she can find happiness with someone else...and the Lees seem the most likely (this Olivia reached out to him---wanted to go eat with him)

But you made me think of something...Maybe "This" is the reality Olivia saw in season one....

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:18 pm

^ The one she "flashed" to? In Broyles office? :S
WJames
Guest Star

Next

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]