[Official] Fringe Ep. 4.06 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:55 am

WJames wrote:^ The one she "flashed" to? In Broyles office? :S

Yeah...some believe that that scene and the scene where she sees the building on fire might be a sudo continuity error, because it doesn't match what we learn the red universe is like (some think the writers didn't plan ahead)...and fans presumed, at that time, her astral projective/reality travel abilities were geared towards the first [presented] red universe since that's first full fledged alternate reality/universe we meet...

But what if either they remedy that error with this timeline, or they wanted to do this all along?! What if those instances somehow relate to this reality...and so it's relativity to our universe might have been there all along. :hmm:

(If this would be the case, I don't know what else that would mean, but it's an interesting idea that I think most fans would have forgotten about and ties things back to season 1 again). Maybe this all has to do with our first blue Olivia and cortexifan somehow?????

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:06 am

I don't know if anyone else watches NOVA on PBS but there has been a great new series of episodes with Brian Greene, "The Elegant Universe" that are titled "The Fabric of the Comos". It has aired the last 2 weeks on Wednesday nights and they have been really interesting and helpful to understand all this craziness behind time and space, and what could be possible. Last week's episode was very good and talked about the illusion of what time traveling means going either into the future or back into our pasts. He spoke of the idea that the flow of time really may be nothing more than an illusion to us. The past, present and future are all on equal footing with the passage of time, so to speak.

Tonight's episode is called "Quantum Leap", all about what quantum mechanics are.
Last edited by JacobsMom on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby WJames on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:10 am

DarthLocke wrote:
Yeah...some believe that that scene and the scene where she sees the building on fire might be a sudo continuity error, because it doesn't match what we learn the red universe is like (some think the writers didn't plan ahead)...and fans presumed, at that time, her astral projective/reality travel abilities were geared towards the first [presented] red universe since that's first full fledged alternate reality/universe we meet...

But what if either they remedy that error with this timeline, or they wanted to do this all along?! What if those instances somehow relate to this reality...and so it's relativity to our universe might have been there all along. :hmm:

(If this would be the case, I don't know what else that would mean, but it's an interesting idea that I think most fans would have forgotten about and ties things back to season 1 again). Maybe this all has to do with our first blue Olivia and cortexifan somehow?????

Could be. My prediction is that Olive gets close to Peter emotionally again before the end of the season and then in the end she gets the memory of their time together, memories of the original timeline. I just have a deep unexplainable feeling that Peter is where he is suppose to be and that he is going to stay here. ;)
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:28 am

JacobsMom wrote:I don't know if anyone else watches NOVA on PBS but there has been a great new series of episodes with Brian Greene, "The Elegant Universe" that are titled "The Fabric of the Comos". It has aired the last 2 weeks on Wednesday nights and they have been really interesting and helpful to understand all this craziness behind time and space, and what could be possible. Last week's episode was very good and talked about the illusion of what time traveling means going either into the future or back into our pasts. He spoke of the idea that the flow of time really may be nothing more than an illusion to us. The past, present and future are all on equal footing with the passage of time, so to speak.

Tonight's episode is called "Quantum Leap", all about what quantum mechanics are.

I have heard great things about this show! Thanks for sharing! :rockon: :D

I tried to explain that during LOST, since there is infinity time, then all times have potential to exist at the same time...This is what September was trying to explain in "Firefly"...he can see many futures, but he can not determine which will come to pass (for this timeline).

However FRINGE (and LOST) tends to add elements of timeline entanglement, which then adds "dynamics" to reality and/or realities....suggesting reciprocity = fate (tit for tat, or "if this, then that")

Stephen King's new time travel novel "11/22/63" explores what he calls "The Oswald Controversy" in that 'the past' is stubborn and hard to change...or can time change on a dime? (I just started it!)

Once again the future and past are terms that can relate to more than one thing....your future is when/where you have yet to exist...and your past is when you have already existed....but if M theory stands true, then you can go to "1980" and it may not be "your exact 1980", because now you are there in it at a different age, and if the past isn't completely stubern, you should be able to become part of a new branch off-alternate reality.....or it's a completely different 1980, which may not resemble what you think 1980 should be at all.

like wise there could be many 2025's that exist right now, but they may or may not be relative to your time. There could be 2025 that is an exact copy of our 2011 and therefor that 2025 wouldn't be considered "futuristic". Everything depends on what is created first and what comes from what...

We are all time traveling all the time. What I just wrote has come to pass and what I have yet to write has not.

WJames wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:

I am sticking with the Star Trek Movie references form "The Road Not Taken"...(Abrams Star Trek, and movies 2-5)

"The Wrath of Walternate", "The Search For Peter", and "The Voyage Home"

Note: Leonard Nimoy and Christopher Lloyd--->Star Trek characters: In Star Trek Kruge rejuvinates Spock in Star Trek III)

(Not to mention that Star Trek also has a parallel universe, "The Mirror Universe" much set up like the red and the blue, except that Star Trek's is slightly more polar opposite)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]