[Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby WJames on Sun May 13, 2012 9:09 am

JacobsMom wrote: Loved most of those touching scenes between Peter and Olivia but I had a hard time with the scene where Peter is distraught over Walter shooting Olivia. Sorry, but J.J. didn't get that one quite right imo.


Aw, come on... Joshua completely looked like he was in some grieving berserker mode and then Walter bitch slapping him was another precious moment for me. :P

Agree with most of what you wrote. Broyles held the title of colonel in red universe and I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned several times in the blue one.
User avatar
WJames
Guest Star
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:51 pm
Gender: Male


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby supermodel on Sun May 13, 2012 10:26 am

So maybe that colonel thing is an indication that the red and blue universes have merged after all, at least in a small way?
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby WJames on Sun May 13, 2012 10:47 am

^ No, what I meant is that Broyles is colonel for sure in red universe but that blue Broyles also has a military background and the same rank.
http://fringepedia.net/wiki/Phillip_Broyles
Yep. I'm right. :lol:
User avatar
WJames
Guest Star
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:51 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Sun May 13, 2012 1:15 pm

I am still holding out that season 4 is a prelude to the whole Observer Story and their belief system, which I they come from from some other version of William Bell and either listen to his instructions (computer, manifesto, ect) and carry his DNA. With that being said, I don't think what we saw this William Bell do was his whole or even real agenda, as think there has to be something that links the 2069 Observers and those events to these events, in order for them to choose to come back in 2015.

There has to be some kind of emotional trigger for them to so aggressively change there behavior to the point of occupation at this specific spot in history.

In fact the September that comes back and says they're coming is the futuristic September, because he is no longer shot....To me his getting shot, his being locked out having Peter use the beacon to help him get back in, and now returning must all result because the Observers know that people are taking advanced tech back in time and building even crazier tech sooner. Let alone the attack and capture of September.. and this maybe leads to the devastating 2069 events...That's why they're coming. Because of people like Jessica Holt and William Bell...
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby WJames on Sun May 13, 2012 3:39 pm

interesting vid:


DarthLocke wrote:I am still holding out that season 4 is a prelude to the whole Observer Story and their belief system, which I they come from from some other version of William Bell and either listen to his instructions (computer, manifesto, ect) and carry his DNA. With that being said, I don't think what we saw this William Bell do was his whole or even real agenda, as think there has to be something that links the 2069 Observers and those events to these events, in order for them to choose to come back in 2015.

There has to be some kind of emotional trigger for them to so aggressively change there behavior to the point of occupation at this specific spot in history.

In fact the September that comes back and says they're coming is the futuristic September, because he is no longer shot....To me his getting shot, his being locked out having Peter use the beacon to help him get back in, and now returning must all result because the Observers know that people are taking advanced tech back in time and building even crazier tech sooner. Let alone the attack and capture of September.. and this maybe leads to the devastating 2069 events...That's why they're coming. Because of people like Jessica Holt and William Bell...


Sorry Darth, but it is 2609 not 2069! It's the 27 century.

The story is that by the 2609 the planet is destroyed beyond repair or salvation so the humanity which evolved into those bald bastards uses the advanced tech they have to find suitable Earth for them to go back to and seize control. They observed different sets of timelines, timeframes (the pics of them in early human history) and universes. In the end they chose year 2015 in the blue universe to invade and conquer. Why that year or why blue universe and not red? We'll see.

Your hypothesis could very well be very, very true! Bell has failed in creating his own personal universe but he did manage to escape with his failsafe key, which was a literal bell. His crazy ramblings and views could have been a direct inspiration in creating a timeline, a dark future, where humans turned themselves into bald, emotionless gods and destroyed the world in the process!

Where I disagree with you is the part where you think that there was an event that triggered change in the Observers. I think they were always evil. They had 500 year of evolution. You can't be good if you manage to destroy your world. We just didn't know their agenda in the beginning of the show, that is all. Of course, there are those among them like August and September who are actually good and capable of compassion.

I can't wait to see how will TPTB connect the dots in season 5. The shapeshifters (there were also a few good ones among them, just like September), William Bell, the beacon, the bald kid from inner child etc. I am afraid that because this season ended so happily for our characters that the series finale will not be so forgiving for all of them.



Kings and Queens

Into the night
Desperate and broken
The sound of a fight
Father has spoken

We were the kings and queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

Into your eyes
Hopeless and taken
We stole our new lives
Through blood and pain
In defense of our dreams
In defense of our dreams

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the Children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

The age of man is over
A darkness comes and all
These lessons that we learned here
Have only just begun

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the Children of a Lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell

We are the Kings
We are the Queens
We are the Kings
We are the Queens
User avatar
WJames
Guest Star
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:51 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Sun May 13, 2012 4:04 pm

WJames wrote:interesting vid:


DarthLocke wrote:I am still holding out that season 4 is a prelude to the whole Observer Story and their belief system, which I they come from from some other version of William Bell and either listen to his instructions (computer, manifesto, ect) and carry his DNA. With that being said, I don't think what we saw this William Bell do was his whole or even real agenda, as think there has to be something that links the 2069 Observers and those events to these events, in order for them to choose to come back in 2015.

There has to be some kind of emotional trigger for them to so aggressively change there behavior to the point of occupation at this specific spot in history.

In fact the September that comes back and says they're coming is the futuristic September, because he is no longer shot....To me his getting shot, his being locked out having Peter use the beacon to help him get back in, and now returning must all result because the Observers know that people are taking advanced tech back in time and building even crazier tech sooner. Let alone the attack and capture of September.. and this maybe leads to the devastating 2069 events...That's why they're coming. Because of people like Jessica Holt and William Bell...


Sorry Darth, but it is 2609 not 2069! It's the 27 century.

The story is that by the 2609 the planet is destroyed beyond repair or salvation so the humanity which evolved into those bald bastards uses the advanced tech they have to find suitable Earth for them to go back to and seize control. They observed different sets of timelines, timeframes (the pics of them in early human history) and universes. In the end they chose year 2015 in the blue universe to invade and conquer. Why that year or why blue universe and not red? We'll see.

Your hypothesis could very well be very, very true! Bell has failed in creating his own personal universe but he did manage to escape with his failsafe key, which was a literal bell. His crazy ramblings and views could have been a direct inspiration in creating a timeline, a dark future, where humans turned themselves into bald, emotionless gods and destroyed the world in the process!

Where I disagree with you is the part where you think that there was an event that triggered change in the Observers. I think they were always evil. They had 500 year of evolution. You can't be good if you manage to destroy your world. We just didn't know their agenda in the beginning of the show, that is all. Of course, there are those among them like August and September who are actually good and capable of compassion.

I can't wait to see how will TPTB connect the dots in season 5. The shapeshifters (there were also a few good ones among them, just like September), William Bell, the beacon, the bald kid from inner child etc. I am afraid that because this season ended so happily for our characters that the series finale will not be so forgiving for all of them.



Kings and Queens

Into the night
Desperate and broken
The sound of a fight
Father has spoken

We were the kings and queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

Into your eyes
Hopeless and taken
We stole our new lives
Through blood and pain
In defense of our dreams
In defense of our dreams

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the Children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

The age of man is over
A darkness comes and all
These lessons that we learned here
Have only just begun

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the Children of a Lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell

We are the Kings
We are the Queens
We are the Kings
We are the Queens


Thanks for getting the date...I don't know why I thought it was later than you said (I think my brain's fried--to many theories too many shows :lol: ), but my point is more about what happens, rather than the actual date.

I disagree because they could have seized control at any given time, it suggest they need a specific reason to change...The Observers behavior in Letters of Transit are way different then the more recant temporal agents (September, December, July, August). --They go from mild scientist in control of their emotions (blue universe-Introverted)) to militaristic and indulgent (red universe -extroverted)...suggest that there is at least a protocol or function to initiate such a phase.

I think all the variables from the original time line have become opposite. I think Bell created the Observers to help preserve humanity and they start out as just information gatherers and healers...but at some point whether in their actual time line, or collectively over several iterations, especially with what has happening with technology and knowledge with Jessica Holt and John Mosley, they get more and more abused and used by humanity, and their original role changes and becomes lost (shape shifter = prelude to Observers = shifting shape/roles thematic aspect of comparable reality)

They could have just enihlated humanity point blank...and lived with out us, but they're either more interestd in REVENGE (think former Walternate) for something, or they are too sentimental and it would completely go against their own existence, or original their purpose to just get rid of humanity.

But if they (or a certain faction) were made from William Bell's blood/DNA then they may "feel" all versions of William Bell and his actions and threfor what he does in season four makes them follow suit --William Bell wants to be God and create "a perfect new world", the Observers want to play God and create "a perfect world"....
William Bell wasn't completely corrupt in season 1-3, but on the verge of it. The Observers weren't completely corrupt in season 1-3, but on the verge of it...

The cortexifaners mirror them as well, as they were designed to stop 'the threat', but it may be that the Observers were originally the ones to stop 'the threat', but now everything has changed and they become the threat. (Frankenstein - having to deal with our creations and becoming responsible for them. To save life from death he creates a new life that comes to intentionally murder, because Frankenstein ABANDONED his creation..the monster hurt and left alone comes to hate humanity. )

There is also hint in an alternate comic that the main characters are criminals- art thieves! ---They probably originally are the ones to steal the tech and take it back in time and now a bizzilian life time later, they are making up for their crimes...Peter starts out being a criminal. -Wimdmark = Film Noir actor -famous villain in "Kiss of Death" about criminal redeeming himself for his crimes. Dr. Frankenstein's monster was made up from body parts of dead criminals....

It would also be interesting if September had Olivia's DNA in him, especially if he was 'the child Observer'...It would explain why he continues to help her and those she cares about. Plus Walter now redeemed, may be the only one to figure out how to deal with the Observers, especially if it pertains to the behavior of the William Bells...But it also may be like how there were two universes that had some thing opposite about them (extroverted verses introverted), could there end up being 2 factions of Observers.

However a catch 22 might be 'the blind leading the blind', if the Observers and original William Bell led the other William Bells over several time lines to do things...through the original's manifesto...The First People books...which "missing" pages have been passed on via Observers (Peter and the Machine prophecy page)

I am taking this further. What if the Observers are all made from various DNA sources in their original timeline...

August - might have Peter's DNA...In many comic books and the show it hints that Olivia wanted to be an artist and had a serious interest in art. August sacrifices himself to give Christine Hollis a future....Peter over many time lines has sacrificed himself for Olivia's future (The Day We Died/Peter and the Machine...relativity of Mr X/William Bell).
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby supermodel on Mon May 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Where I disagree with you is the part where you think that there was an event that triggered change in the Observers. I think they were always evil. They had 500 year of evolution. You can't be good if you manage to destroy your world.

You can't be good if you destroy your world? We are pretty much destroying it everyday with pollution, oil spills, global warming, there is patch of garbage floating around in the Pacific Ocean that is the size of Texas! They represent one extreme of human nature, where we could go if we continue down a careless path.

I don't think the Observers were always "evil," I think a big part of the red/blue universe storyline over the past two years has been the idea of perspective. Walternate was never evil, he believed his world was under attack and he was at war. IFrom his perspective he was saving millions of lives. It is perhaps the same with the Observers. Are they evil, just taking over "our" world because they can? No, isn't the story that they need to go back in the past and have a do-over so they won't destroy the planet this time? They are doing what they have to do to survive, in some ways it's a variation of red vs. blue all over again, two civilations at odds. The person who is evil, IMHO, is William Bell. He wants to destroy the world for his own personal vision, he's sort of doing the opposite of what the Observers have in mind.

Anyway, I agree that there wasn't an event that changed them. The only real evidence that they were benevolent observers is that they said so. Turns otu they were lying. I think all the observing was part of the takeover plan right from the start, they were looking for the right moment. Just becuase September wasn't in on the master plan doesn't mean December wasn't. That guy has always been a lttle creepy.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Mon May 14, 2012 5:41 pm

supermodel wrote:
Where I disagree with you is the part where you think that there was an event that triggered change in the Observers. I think they were always evil. They had 500 year of evolution. You can't be good if you manage to destroy your world.

You can't be good if you destroy your world? We are pretty much destroying it everyday with pollution, oil spills, global warming, there is patch of garbage floating around in the Pacific Ocean that is the size of Texas! They represent one extreme of human nature, where we could go if we continue down a careless path.

I don't think the Observers were always "evil," I think a big part of the red/blue universe storyline over the past two years has been the idea of perspective. Walternate was never evil, he believed his world was under attack and he was at war. IFrom his perspective he was saving millions of lives. It is perhaps the same with the Observers. Are they evil, just taking over "our" world because they can? No, isn't the story that they need to go back in the past and have a do-over so they won't destroy the planet this time? They are doing what they have to do to survive, in some ways it's a variation of red vs. blue all over again, two civilations at odds. The person who is evil, IMHO, is William Bell. He wants to destroy the world for his own personal vision, he's sort of doing the opposite of what the Observers have in mind.

Anyway, I agree that there wasn't an event that changed them. The only real evidence that they were benevolent observers is that they said so. Turns otu they were lying. I think all the observing was part of the takeover plan right from the start, they were looking for the right moment. Just becuase September wasn't in on the master plan doesn't mean December wasn't. That guy has always been a lttle creepy.



I agree with you, except your last paragraph for the same reasons I told WJames...


Then why wait to take over us? and why Not destroy us? The fact that William Bell has been changing over the iterations coming to his 'GOD Complex' could be very signafigant to their own changes in behavior. Even if it's the future event that triggers the changes them, it still is about the fact they made a decision to change (which means there has be a specific reason. You don't wake up and go about your business, and then randomly choose to punch some one or a group of people! You have to be provoked, politically challenged, and/or physiologically changed)...but there's this fact that they picked 2015 of all times to come to....so I agree that every thing that Bell has done/been doing might have/will set in motion things that leads to the first purge at the other end of the time line. -but it might also be because William Bell was one of their makers...

At some unknown point in the future (or in "A" future) September eventually comes back to warn Olivia, but to Olivia this has already taken place (lost Wh, h?)...so there's a question of what future was in place BEFORE the future September came back to assumabley change the situation by warning Olivia and having Peter see into his mind and have Peter help unlock the Universe for him to return...and then the fact another [current or past] version of September warns them, "they're coming"...

It seems like they're going to play with a time loop or time fold here. September comes to her already shot to warn her, but the moment we see he gets shot he has not yet done so..and these double purges may some how "twist" themselves into the up coming events in a way that could be a little complicated...
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby supermodel on Mon May 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Then why wait to take over us? and why Not destroy us?

Because we're their ancestors, and if they annhilate us they will never exist? If they came back and wiped out ALL of humanity, all possible ancestors, then how could anoyone exist 600 years in the future? Wouldn't you have to go back to the past of an alternate universe?

You don't wake up and go about your business, and then randomly choose to punch some one or a group of people! You have to be provoked, politically challenged, and/or physiologically changed)...

Or destroy your environment and face extinction? Is that not enough?

It seems like they're going to play with a time loop or time fold here. September comes to her already shot to warn her, but the moment we see he gets shot he has not yet done so
It's like Harry Potter int he Prisoner of Azkaban. Remembr when he shoots out a patronus to save himself by the lake and says he knew he could do it because he'd done it before, in the future?
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby JacobsMom on Mon May 14, 2012 11:59 pm

The way I'm looking at it is that William Bell was always the greedy man that Walter made him out to be. But now in this new time line he has been using the technology he discovered to help himself "jump" around in time and to use that technology to advance his ideal of a "perfect" world where he can die at last. Unfortunately, Walter messed up the plan and actually killed off Olivia preventing William from doing it.

I think he did have interaction with The Observers in the future though because only he knew of the technology to "stick" September at Jessica's apartment. I'll bet Bell has been moving around through time and gathering all this new technology to help himself. This could have been THE trigger for The Observers to finally decide to "take control" over human kind in 2015. Maybe Bell was the final straw to "push" The Observers to become the Nazis of the future since he was messing with their technology. :hmm: I'm not sure if I'm willing to agree with Darth saying that Bell may be the "creator" of The Observers since I think they are just the future of our own advanced human kind. I think that leads to the fact that we did see how our compassion "gene" was still alive in both August and September. Also, Bell didn't even want a future world that contained humans and sounded against the idea of having any more humans evolve in his new world.

We also have to remember that William was inside the amber with Walter, Peter and Astrid in 2015 to prevent The Observers from getting them. Why would he be in there with them if he was basically working with The Observers? I would think that during the next 3 years from the point of this seasons finale, Bell had some sort of change of heart and wanted to help the Fringe team stop these Observers from what they were doing. Maybe he had already "seen" the future and decided to come back and help Walter and the others, although that is another change of heart from what we just saw! :lol:
User avatar
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby supermodel on Tue May 15, 2012 3:53 am

I'm sure you guys are on to something with the idea of Bell seeing the future and stealing technology etc. He probably did it the way 2026 Walter sent the machine back into the past so they could build it.

But I never can get my head around time travel, partly because the rules on Fringe seem a little loose. Or I just haven't really gotten them yet. I feel like there are some other shows that have clearer rules and it's hard to keep them all straight. :S
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Tue May 15, 2012 4:01 am

supermodel wrote:
Then why wait to take over us? and why Not destroy us?

Because we're their ancestors, and if they annhilate us they will never exist? If they came back and wiped out ALL of humanity, all possible ancestors, then how could anoyone exist 600 years in the future? Wouldn't you have to go back to the past of an alternate universe?

You don't wake up and go about your business, and then randomly choose to punch some one or a group of people! You have to be provoked, politically challenged, and/or physiologically changed)...

Or destroy your environment and face extinction? Is that not enough?

It seems like they're going to play with a time loop or time fold here. September comes to her already shot to warn her, but the moment we see he gets shot he has not yet done so
It's like Harry Potter int he Prisoner of Azkaban. Remembr when he shoots out a patronus to save himself by the lake and says he knew he could do it because he'd done it before, in the future?



In cycle cosmology theories (Sir Roger Penrose) you may not ever eliminate the time line you came from, as "M" theory would require inifinate realities, and there for at every single point a branch off can or should exist. So you can go back in time and kill your parents and you still exist, you just create a new reality from that point on with a possibility that another version of you may not exist in the new time line you created, as now from the point of time travel, there are 2 versions/iterations of the time line....this is how Peter can still exist, while 3 other versions of himself through 2 time lines died....because he COMES/Originates from a different one.

Ex: In Lost they time travel back at 1970's points, have a capasity to create a NEW iterations from that point on, but, because the Island (a time machine) has heavy course correction, actually returns the time travelers back to the time line they came from, and only from the FS did we glimpse a part of the future from the next iteration of the time line. This is also how Smokey could produce "taller ghost Walt", as Walt has already existed at that age in previous iterations of the time line. Plus we see passed on video proof with Dr, Pierre Chang...in one iteration he looses one arm in the Indecent, in another he looses the opposite arm, and in our go around he looses his hand. Then there's all the ways various versions of Charlie Pace had died...

The Observers ALREADY exist, as they also come from a different version of the time line...with them it is about "when" in any given time line, at any given point, they may derive and/or choose to live. -Let alone the altering 'time' tech... And however it is William Bell has achieved receiving and/or being able to build future tech,--which IMO could SERIOUSLY create new futures (Star Trek: Enterprise -this happened all the time! -Temporal Cold War!), IMO is rather considerably important, since I doubt they like the idea of humanity being able to course correct them.

I am not saying your not right about them facing their extinction, but that is a realized event that triggers them to change course. (I am going to control you, because your threat to kill me is finally serious...but it took this "thing" for me to decide I could die, other wise I would just keep going on with how things "were".) --But again they could go any where in any time line or time period....there MUST be something about "our" time in this time line that is important to them and/or their origins. That's why I think Jessica Holt points out something that would disturb the Observers....Besides having advanced tech she shouldn't have, she was VERY hostile towards September....and this gives a clue that this version of W. Bell knows a lot about them...as he knows a lot about everything that ever existed, as again his signature, or even other version of himselves signatures, are with in so many things...it seems inevitable that everything comes back to him...he is Massive Dynamics --( squared "M" logo = nod to "M" theory, Massive Dynamics suggests MACRO Cosmology)

Also, The Observers extinction would be harder than humanities, as Observers can escape simply by time traveling...I think Jessica Holt may be from the far future. The device she could reflects what is going on there. A war against the Observers....as clearly this device is for trapping Observers, hence somebody some when already has been using this tech in the future...

But it would be weird if Jessica is from 2036 and really on the side of the resistance...but yet she praises William Bell... :hmm:
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby supermodel on Tue May 15, 2012 2:32 pm

DarthLocke said about Jesica Holt:
she was VERY hostile towards September


:LOL: Boy, what a great understatement!
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 pm

JacobsMom wrote:The way I'm looking at it is that William Bell was always the greedy man that Walter made him out to be. But now in this new time line he has been using the technology he discovered to help himself "jump" around in time and to use that technology to advance his ideal of a "perfect" world where he can die at last. Unfortunately, Walter messed up the plan and actually killed off Olivia preventing William from doing it.

I think he did have interaction with The Observers in the future though because only he knew of the technology to "stick" September at Jessica's apartment. I'll bet Bell has been moving around through time and gathering all this new technology to help himself. This could have been THE trigger for The Observers to finally decide to "take control" over human kind in 2015. Maybe Bell was the final straw to "push" The Observers to become the Nazis of the future since he was messing with their technology. :hmm: I'm not sure if I'm willing to agree with Darth saying that Bell may be the "creator" of The Observers since I think they are just the future of our own advanced human kind. I think that leads to the fact that we did see how our compassion "gene" was still alive in both August and September. Also, Bell didn't even want a future world that contained humans and sounded against the idea of having any more humans evolve in his new world.



We also have to remember that William was inside the amber with Walter, Peter and Astrid in 2015 to prevent The Observers from getting them. Why would he be in there with them if he was basically working with The Observers? I would think that during the next 3 years from the point of this seasons finale, Bell had some sort of change of heart and wanted to help the Fringe team stop these Observers from what they were doing. Maybe he had already "seen" the future and decided to come back and help Walter and the others, although that is another change of heart from what we just saw! :lol:



All I am saying is that If "a" version of Bell is more or less responsible for their evolution in the time line the Observers were created in, and that Bell was kind and so where they, then there would be this full circle irony that over many many many iterations of shifting in the time lines that this latest version of William Bell would become their destroyer, and then they turn around and become ours...


Because the Observers own logic is often a juxtapsition, very much like probverbs in eastern philosophy, It would make sense to come to know "the William Bells" as something of a Trimurti macros cosmically, as his own rationality often always finds a way to justify his actions just as the Observers do. (and even the Walters have done)

IMO it's the cortexiphan that gives it away (and Bell's specific Walnut obsession in Chinatown parallel's to the chili sauce observer obsession in Chinatown in "August", as Observers also hang out in Chinatown)....Walter often says (in both time lines) they were "Bell's Trials". The Observers come to have similar and more controlled abilities that our early cortexiphaners do (that's why Etta could block them from reading her, as Simon Philips could block Olivia and visa versa in "Concentrate and Ask Again" -Cotexiphan can block Cortexiphan)....and the one glitch we have seen with a lot of them before either Massive Dynamic or Bell has helped them, is they tend to be empathically reversed, which means they have very little to NO "emotional control" of their abilities...In a way seeing the Observers become indulgent and invasive is like seeing them being emotionally out of control...

The idea of using nanobot technology is a way to "program", "engineer", "change", and "Control the motion of" matter...a type of trigger and course correcter of other matter....this in itself is what the Observers can do. They are just the macro cosmic version of that notion...which ties to J. Holt's "stasis rune" as it controls the momentum of the Observers...
Last edited by DarthLocke on Wed May 16, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] FRINGE Eps. 4.11 - 4.14 Discussion Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Tue May 15, 2012 9:08 pm

OMG. I double posted again! :scared: WTH!??
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron