[Official] Fringe Ep. 1.15 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Fringe Ep. 1.15 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:07 am

"Inner Child"

Discuss this episode here.

A NEW CHAPTER BEGINS WHEN “FRINGE” RETURNS AND AGENTS OBSERVE A MYSTERIOUS BOY AS A SERIAL KILLER RESURFACES TUESDAY, APRIL 7, ON FOX

Just seconds before a building is demolished, a mysterious mute child that has been living alone underground is discovered. When the FBI’s Fringe Division investigates, the boy forms an unspoken connection with Agent Olivia Dunham. Meanwhile, an especially gruesome serial killer resurfaces and showcases his “artistry” by displaying his work publicly. As the boy gradually assimilates into a new environment, Olivia and the team must race against the clock to prevent the mad man from further macabre in the all-new FRINGE episode “Inner Child” airing Tuesday, April 7 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-115) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis; Mark Valley as John Scott; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Guest Cast: Jeremy Shamos as The Artist; Spencer List as The Child; Matt Mulhern as Dennis; Alicia Goranson as Tattoo Girl; Carolyn Feldschuh as Older Woman; Jimmy Palumbo as Mike; Erik Palladino as Eliot Michaels; Nelson Pena as Junior Agent; Robert Payne as Agent; Victor Williams as Phil; Phil Nee as Archie; Sandra Daley as Dr. Winick; Mary Lou Schriber as Nurse

5 Sneak Peeks
Promo Photos
Promo
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 1.15 Discussion

Postby Bella on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:41 am

Loved tonight's episode. That kid was ADORABLE.

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby theotherslover on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:22 am

Observer?
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Maqrkk on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:09 am

Wow. That was an awesome episode!! The stuff with the kid was cool. And I think that I think the same as theotherslover here. At the end we see him looking at the Observer. Could he be an Observer?
Xbox360 Gamertag: Maqrkk - 26310 Gamerscore
Maqrkk
Forum Technician

Postby Tranquility on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:55 pm

His son maybe? :scared:
Tranquility
Supporting Actor

Postby Nick on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Yeah, that's got to be another observer. I mean, he's bald. What other explanation could there possibly be? But seriously, I do think he is one. Which means we just got some serious intel about observers tonight, like that they don't have to eat or drink and all that crazy emotion stuff the kid was sensing. And if it wasn't an observer, I don't think they would've had that blatant reference to the other observer with the extended shot/close up with the kid around if he wasn't an observer.

I don't really know if observers could have sons. I'm thinking the way they are conceived is quite different, since I'm doubting they're even human. It might just be a different observer that was created or something...I just can't picture the Observer having a son. I don't know.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby kristy815 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:56 pm

So, same species? Or same guy?

And if it's the same guy. . .is his connection to Olivia why he helped Walter and Peter long ago. . .if he isn't bound by space and time of course. . .
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby Maqrkk on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:30 pm

kristy815 wrote:So, same species? Or same guy?

And if it's the same guy. . .is his connection to Olivia why he helped Walter and Peter long ago. . .if he isn't bound by space and time of course. . .

Although it being the same guy would be funny, I don't think it is.

Something else I noticed by the way. The guy that was trying to take the kid was identified by Broyles as CIA, right? I feel, even after Broyles said that, that he might not be CIA, but a pattern guy. Why would he make that mysterious phone call if he was CIA? 'I think we found another one' <- or something like that..
Xbox360 Gamertag: Maqrkk - 26310 Gamerscore
Maqrkk
Forum Technician

Postby Lucas on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:36 am

I think that phone call was purposefully ambivalent: that "CIA" guy could have been talking with one of his colleagues at that particular CIA department, or to other people altogether (Loeb and his team/David Robert Jones?).

Also, could the kid be The Observer as a kid? What was the episode which hinted at parallel universes entangling with each other?
Lucas
Viewer

Postby OneOfUs on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:52 am

Wow I hadn't actually realized how much I'd missed this show.

Anyway, I thought the kid might be the actual Observer but the CIA guy also said they had found another one. So it could be another Observer other than the one we know already. I do wonder if it was actually the Government that secretly created these people by depriving them of human contact for decades.

What about the construction worker though? With Olivia he only seemed to register what emotions she was going through but with the guy that went back to the shaft it was like a bit of telepathy going on.
OneOfUs
Extra

Postby theotherslover on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 pm

OneOfUs wrote:Wow I hadn't actually realized how much I'd missed this show.

I am so happy that when I sit down to relax on Tuesdays now I don't have to go "Ugh, it's not on is it"
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby elpida_s on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:02 pm

Another good episode. It's obvious that the kid has some connection with the observer.
at this time I like fringe better than lost...
Olivia rules!!!
elpida_s
Stunt Double

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:22 pm

theotherslover wrote:
OneOfUs wrote:Wow I hadn't actually realized how much I'd missed this show.

I am so happy that when I sit down to relax on Tuesdays now I don't have to go "Ugh, it's not on is it"

My thoughts exactly!! :thumbup:

I thought it was a great episode to return to. I absolutely loved the little "boy, alien, tiny observer"....When he connects with Olivia that finally showed an emotional side to her that we have not seen before. I liked it and hope they continue to show her "maternal" side more.

I really missed Walter and when he did that dance with the halo device it was hilarious!! :lol: I also like how he is starting to connect to people as with the doctor at the children's hospital.

Broyles still has Olivia's back and that was good to see. I am thinking that the other guy who claims to be CIA has a connection to our illusive Mr. Bell. I sure hope we get some info on Bell before they wrap this season up. I suppose that we be part of the cliffhanger for the end.

I liked the eye reference of Olivia as she wakes up....another Lost staple.

The end was so perfect with the tiny observer looking back at the Observer as he rode in the car. It was as if he was looking at him to say...."I'm here now".

Can't wait till next week!!
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby Rosalind on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:42 am

Where's our epi discussion thread for 1.16? hmmmmm?? hmmmmmm? :P

Shall I start one or can we have one in the same format as the others plzthnx ? :thumbsup:
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby LockeUp on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 am

Bumping this thread. I've been rewatching the series with my gf as I'm watching season 3. Has there been any discussion from TBTB about the Observer and the child? Do you think they will touch on this again?
LockeUp
Viewer

Next

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]