[Official] Fringe Ep. 1.15 Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Fringe Ep. 1.15 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:14 pm

LockeUp wrote:Bumping this thread. I've been rewatching the series with my gf as I'm watching season 3. Has there been any discussion from TBTB about the Observer and the child? Do you think they will touch on this again?

No there hasn't been any current mentionings...

But I also recantly watched the first 2 seasons and now I keep thinking about everything with 'the first people' in mind.

It feels like there is something more here. The idea of having this prison cell underneath this building made me rethink my opinion on ZFT, or rather got me thinking about William Bell's presumption to write it.

In "The Arrival" John Mosley is almost like a 'rogue observer'. -He carries similar weaponry and he acted like he knew Robert Bishop, suggesting he may be able to time and/or reality travel. But then I kept thinking about William Bell and his need to write the manefesto...

"Subject 13" gave us insight that Walternate didn't know about where Peter went until 1985.It never crossed his mind that there was another universe... The cortexifan trials were started in 1981. We have been led to believe that the children were experimented on because there was going to be war purposed by Bell...But in light of these new events it make seem possible that perhaps Bell knew this 'ahead' of time and/or maybe the red universe (as we know them) are the people the blue universe should be at war with.?!?? -Maybe ZFT is meant to be a war against 'The First People' and/or (depending on their relationship) the Observers????

Otherwise, why train people, before a war even has started?

I also found it strange that the child was found just around a year before August was killed. The thought did cross my mind that maybe they can get reborn, or be replaced...But I also thought that if the boy looked like any of the Observers, he looked most like September--going along the means of time travel, would be interesting since he is the one assigned to the blue Fringe team...

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby LockeUp on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:36 pm

Great analysis. Thanks for the reply. I love all the speculation with this show. It's about like Lost but I find it cooler because it uses such a different plot.
I'd like to think that the child has to be connected. The signs are just too obvious. The physical nature of the child, the scene at the end of the episode, the perceived "psychic" powers (which may be the same as the Observer's ability to see the future, or what have you). I'm really hopeful they will touch on this again.
LockeUp
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:10 am

LockeUp wrote:Great analysis. Thanks for the reply. I love all the speculation with this show. It's about like Lost but I find it cooler because it uses such a different plot.

Thanks. Love thinking about this sort of thing! :)

LockeUp wrote:I'd like to think that the child has to be connected. The signs are just too obvious. The physical nature of the child, the scene at the end of the episode, the perceived "psychic" powers (which may be the same as the Observer's ability to see the future, or what have you). I'm really hopeful they will touch on this again.

Me too! I think it would be one of neatest tie-backs they could do! :thumbsup:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]