Re: Violet Sedan Chair: Seven Suns Spoilers/Discussion Threa

Postby SpinningTop93 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 am

SpinningTop93
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:12 pm

The Last Man In Space is a little depressing...all about how 'he' (Peter?) will be the last man, how he has to leave 'his world behind', --that it's a shame you are left behind (Olivia?)

It sounds like he believes that he has to go away from 'the world' in some way...he has to travel somewhere/when else in order to save everyone.

I am probably wrong but on Seven Suns Setting the one lead sounds like David Bowie, but the rest of the album reminds me of Simon and Garfunkel or the Byrds

What do you guys think??? :hmm:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Article on the Seattle Find (Nothing New):
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/01/fringe-violet-sedan-chair/?pid=2594&pageid=56686&viewall=true

But Videos of each song have appeared on youtube...

--------------

So Real1 and myself were discussing some possibilities with what ever missing link there could be between Peter and Robert Bishop on the Official Spoiler Thread...she had ideas about souls being misplaced (perhaps like body switching or memory switching) and I kind of wondered something similar with genetic altering of both, or if Peternate could have been replaced by Robert????

So I had some extra time to listen more closely and try to make out some these Violet Sedan Chair lyrics and a few in "Seven Suns (Setting)" kind of brought me back to this discussion...

Voices you here
Faces so near
A void in space
Your name replaced
What can last
Future to Past (or pass?)

Chorus:
We've Seen Seven Suns Setting
Like a memory We're forgetting

Another Possibility could also lie with Olivia...
Over the summer and into the fall of third season, a second set of FRINGE comics, Tales of the Fringe, made their way to comic store book shelfs telling lost stories of characters and a crazy secondary tales that seem, in a lot ways, tie into the show thematically. But just a few months ago another segment of TOTF appeared online, for sprint customers first, and then viewable to everyone on Fox's Fringe site. That issue actually tells the story of the Observer and Bobby [Joyce]...and a story about the girl who went looking for fireflies...Now during the episode I thought maybe those two kids that catch fireflies together might be Peter and Olivia....in this comic, the girl does resemble Olivia, but her father calls her Madson....But I have to wonder if this was to throw us off, or if for a time Olivia was called Madson, or if it's just not Olivia at all??

But Madson does mean the following which IMO goes with Olivia's purpose:
Definition: A matronymic surname meaning "son of Maud." The given name Maud is a German short form of Matilda - which means "strength in battle" from the Germanic element maht meaning "might, strength" and hild meaning "battle."

--- Merged Double Post --

From What I Can Make out From "Last Man In Space"

Little Lost World
Final Mission
18 (or 80?) Light Years
In Position, Now

Summers Back Home
Getting Colder
Thinking About You
You're So Much Older, Now

It's A Pretty Long Way
Back To Somewhere
Forget All Of Those Dreams
There's No One Out There, Now

Chorus:
It's A Shame You Got Left Behind
Follow The Sound
It's A Shame There's No Gravity
Pulling Me Down

It's A Shame You Had To Leave Me Her
I Don't Want To Die
It's A Shame At The End Of Time
To Leave My Only World Behind

It All Ends Here
Like It Started
With A Big Bang
And Broken Hearted, Now

I Think At The End
Of This Endless Road
I Will Pull The Trigger
On This Violent ???, Now

Cause When The Whole Thing's Gone
Without A Trace
I'll Be The Last Man
In Space

---It kind of seems like Peter will have the use the machine to go back to 'the beginning of time', where he may be all by him self. He might have to do this to "hide" the machine [again].

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Death260 on Sun May 01, 2011 8:19 pm

DarthLocke wrote:The Last Man In Space is a little depressing...all about how 'he' (Peter?) will be the last man, how he has to leave 'his world behind', --that it's a shame you are left behind (Olivia?)

It sounds like he believes that he has to go away from 'the world' in some way...he has to travel somewhere/when else in order to save everyone.

I am probably wrong but on Seven Suns Setting the one lead sounds like David Bowie, but the rest of the album reminds me of Simon and Garfunkel or the Byrds

What do you guys think??? :hmm:

This could be related to the finale:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Peter goes to the future, leaves his world behind, and we also know Olivia dies, she's "left behind". And everyone is in danger, because it's Doomsday, he has to save everyone.
Death260
Viewer

Previous

Return to Fringe Spoilers