Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:39 pm

I am probably wrong about this, but when looking at photos of miss Meade, and having this idea of an 18 year old Ella in mind, I started to wonder if she could be Ella at 18, following in her aunt's footsteps?? Of course she could also pass for a younger Blair Brown, or not :P ...Guess we might know soon enough.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby supermodel on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Speaking of what will lead up to the finale, showrunner Joel Wyman told THR, "Consistently, we've tried to have a new chapter begin at the end of the seasons. The first season was the Twin Towers and the second season was Olivia over there. This one will have the same effect that, sort of the beginning of a new understanding of the program."

supermodel
Show Expert

Postby xxxak on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Yahoo!!! Thanks for the Update.
Oh and my first post, Hi Everyone :D

So, based on previous information...

No I don't think we'll see a 3rd parrell universe...yet....There isn't enough time to build up a good story line for us to connect to it like they did with the Other Side.

The Way We Died
Wow.
-I remember Sam Weiss almost basically saying that Peter will end up with Alta-Olivia.

-I think Alternate/Senator Bishop will find a way To Destroy Our Universe because of his Hatred towards Our Side. Our Walter is Crazy Genious, and isn't as highly motivated as Alternate Walter.

-They might be messing with us on the title lol
(trying to get more fans/ratings?).

Then,
The 18yr old Rumor could be for Closure because...

We haven't known about Season 4 until this week (Yay, so happy for another Season).
And the Writers know how the show will end.

Also Note Season 1 & 2 ended in a Cliff Hanger.

No they aren't going to kill off Olivia (maybe on our side, but she'll still be on the show lol).
Olivia and Walter are the only 2 Characters that have been in every episode.

Can't wait to see how it plays off. And it'd be awesome to see a 3rd universe lol, but still Crazy about the Other Side lol.
xxxak
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Welcome to the Forums :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby xxxak on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Thank You :)
xxxak
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:02 pm

xxxak wrote:Yahoo!!! Thanks for the Update.
Oh and my first post, Hi Everyone :D

So, based on previous information...

No I don't think we'll see a 3rd parrell universe...yet....There isn't enough time to build up a good story line for us to connect to it like they did with the Other Side.

The Way We Died
Wow.
-I remember Sam Weiss almost basically saying that Peter will end up with Alta-Olivia.

-I think Alternate/Senator Bishop will find a way To Destroy Our Universe because of his Hatred towards Our Side. Our Walter is Crazy Genious, and isn't as highly motivated as Alternate Walter.

-They might be messing with us on the title lol
(trying to get more fans/ratings?).

Then,
The 18yr old Rumor could be for Closure because...

We haven't known about Season 4 until this week (Yay, so happy for another Season).
And the Writers know how the show will end.

Also Note Season 1 & 2 ended in a Cliff Hanger.

No they aren't going to kill off Olivia (maybe on our side, but she'll still be on the show lol).
Olivia and Walter are the only 2 Characters that have been in every episode.

Can't wait to see how it plays off. And it'd be awesome to see a 3rd universe lol, but still Crazy about the Other Side lol.

Hi. Welcome! :)

Actually if there is an 18 yr old Ella, with the exception of a dream sequence, then they will have to show us another universe, because in neither universe is Ella 18 yet---because as Walter explains every moment in any time can a new reality be branched, or is branching, or has already branched so there are infinite futures and pasts that may or may not be parallel and/or relate to either current viewing timelines/realities. So even though it appears buy DATE as a future, it must also be either past or current existence by comparison to ours, for Ella to physically exist at this age.

In addition Supermodel's post above yours also indicates as much, because in season 2 and in season 1 we were left with a new universe revealed....

Actually I just thought of one other sanario other than another universe or dream sequence...age acceleration. -But do note that Emily Meade's character is casted as a GREEN FBI agent....so there is still green universe introduction possibility in some way...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby xxxak on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi DarthLocke, thank you :)

Your theory about Ella is actually very logical and would definatly be a good Fringe Event/Episode lol. Reanimation

I also remember that episode from Season 1 where Walter was explaining Parrell Universes.
A Dream Sequence could have been or might be the plans to end Season 3....

It'll hopefully be great to have Emily Meade on, either temp or permanently.

It would be great if they had 3 Parrell Universes lol, would be interesting keeping track of 3 lol.
I have a feeling that the Finale will be leaving us guessing for months, and hopefully we won't be expecting what happens lol.
xxxak
Viewer

Postby supermodel on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Maybe Ella didn't die. Maybe some evil people snatched the baby and raised her. We have never been told how old AltRachel was when she had the baby and how old AltElla would be now, have we? So could she be 18-ish if Rachel was a teen mom? As for age accelartion, I think that would be lame.

I'm still skeptical that we will see a 3rd universe this season, mostly based on TPTB's comments that, while there could be other universes, their current interest is in telling the story of these two universes. And personally I am not very interested in following the action in three concurrent universes and seeing the actors play three (or more) versions of themselves. That could quickly become a lame and ridiculous gimmick.

Granted, before this season started I was not very interseted in the red universe and I was annoyed that I was going to have to spend every other week over there. Flash forward 18 episodes and I now find the action red universe much more compelling. So I suppose I could trust the writers to do it well, but I'm wary...
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:08 pm

supermodel wrote:Maybe Ella didn't die. Maybe some evil people snatched the baby and raised her. We have never been told how old AltRachel was when she had the baby and how old AltElla would be now, have we? So could she be 18-ish if Rachel was a teen mom? As for age accelartion, I think that would be lame.

I'm still skeptical that we will see a 3rd universe this season, mostly based on TPTB's comments that, while there could be other universes, their current interest is in telling the story of these two universes. And personally I am not very interested in following the action in three concurrent universes and seeing the actors play three (or more) versions of themselves. That could quickly become a lame and ridiculous gimmick.

Granted, before this season started I was not very interseted in the red universe and I was annoyed that I was going to have to spend every other week over there. Flash forward 18 episodes and I now find the action red universe much more compelling. So I suppose I could trust the writers to do it well, but I'm wary...

At the end of season 2 when Olivia met Other Olivia at her apartment, Olivia asked her about her mother and Other Olivia said she hadn't been happy the last few years which I took as the result of Rachel and her baby's death. We also learned in Bloodline that both of them did die when Rachel went into labor. So, I don't think this new agent will be any Other Ella from the red universe.

I'm not to sure about the introduction of another universe unless it is done right at the very end of this years finale. I don't see how much this new agent could interact with our characters if she is from a third universe. I agree that I'm not sure if I could keep track of three different universes/story lines during season 4 and if that is feasible. :S I think this new agent will have some other direct link to our characters in a way we never thought of. Of course, if TPTB do kill off everyone in the blue universe at the end of this season 3 finale and replace it all with a completely new universe, then I suppose it would work out for season 4 but I wouldn't be very happy about losing our original characters to some final death scene.... :(
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:36 pm

supermodel wrote:Maybe Ella didn't die. Maybe some evil people snatched the baby and raised her. We have never been told how old AltRachel was when she had the baby and how old AltElla would be now, have we? So could she be 18-ish if Rachel was a teen mom? As for age accelartion, I think that would be lame.

Yes and a third universe doesn't change that, but adds on to it, because what happens then, may be WHY certain things are happening now,--why there is a pattern, and why a break down is possible, and there for the idea would be to avoid it repeating as 'the day we died' could imply that...plus if Peter would go there, it gives him a chance to show us what he is like when he is on his own..., but for all we know he just gets a glimpse (like with Lost he could just see flashes)

A lot of fans ask why the red universe is decaying faster then the blue universe. When Peter went over there, they HAD many quarentined spots already...some people think that a third universe is already at play there, so they could also go about it from that angle...people in another universe existing in either or of our current universes.

I think it would be a cheat to not go there considering the showrunners have stated they hope for 7 seasons, not just 4 (although I don't think they are going to get there)--but that IMO would imply they want to show us other worlds....because it happened before and it will happen again...or will it? (BSG reference in "Subject 13" Caprica reference in "Stowaway")

Ella may or may not die--the finale could span over many periods and or realites, thus the finale phrase may not imply to her, although it could.

The olivia's have different B-days, but they are the same age...red universe never took into account leap year, where the blue has

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby FringeFanatic on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:00 pm

This is merely a theory but, I believe that at the end of the season Peter will actually jump forward in time and view the outcome of his choice. The Fringe writers have always said that this season was going to be about exploring the "road not taken" and seeing what life would be like if we made different choices. Since, the writers like to view each season as a "chapter" I believe that this will bring the chapter full circle. Since Peter will get to see the consequences of his actions and inactions. I know that a lot of people are thinking that a third universe will be created but I'm not so sure about that. If this season dealt with the "road not taken" then maybe next season will deal with the consequences of the decisions and possibly atoning for those mistakes. Or maybe I'm just crazy? :D

What do you guys think?
FringeFanatic
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:16 am

FringeFanatic wrote:This is merely a theory but, I believe that at the end of the season Peter will actually jump forward in time and view the outcome of his choice. The Fringe writers have always said that this season was going to be about exploring the "road not taken" and seeing what life would be like if we made different choices. Since, the writers like to view each season as a "chapter" I believe that this will bring the chapter full circle. Since Peter will get to see the consequences of his actions and inactions. I know that a lot of people are thinking that a third universe will be created but I'm not so sure about that. If this season dealt with the "road not taken" then maybe next season will deal with the consequences of the decisions and possibly atoning for those mistakes. Or maybe I'm just crazy? :D

What do you guys think?

He could, but even a future he is able to jump to still has to already exist in order for him to be able to actually go there...as someone's future is not 'when' or where you go, but that you have yet to go there--where and when ever that may be.

But going with what you said, and or what I was saying about him seeing glimpses/or experience time flashes...

He could just see a vision of a certain future, like Scrooge in The Christmas Carol, so even though this future may exist somewhere, it may serve as a warning to avoid it. It could be a given that it may play out this way because we are to see a little Walter in the episode before...

I don't think it's crazy at all, FringeFanatic, because I think one way or another Peter needs to really confront himself, because I think he has been avoiding some kind of self truth for a really long time. So his own awakening and redemption seems like a good place to go nest season. :)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:52 am

i think there has to be time travel involved somehow with peter, but i dont think peter will be the one travelling...the picture of him in the doomsday device had to come from somewhere...

this isnt a concrete theory, but if the 1st people did make this device, then by operating it, they destroyed all of time ( and the universe ) then entropy would allow them to see all of time ( sort of like dr manhattan ) so the destroyed area would be from when they activated the device & to when peter gets involved with it, which will in all likelyhood be in this season finale...

this device wouldnt actually destroy anything until peter closes the loop so to speak...

does this make sense at all ???
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:33 pm

brentoid wrote:i think there has to be time travel involved somehow with peter, but i dont think peter will be the one travelling...the picture of him in the doomsday device had to come from somewhere...

this isnt a concrete theory, but if the 1st people did make this device, then by operating it, they destroyed all of time ( and the universe ) then entropy would allow them to see all of time ( sort of like dr manhattan ) so the destroyed area would be from when they activated the device & to when peter gets involved with it, which will in all likelyhood be in this season finale...

this device wouldnt actually destroy anything until peter closes the loop so to speak...

does this make sense at all ???

Yep I think that makes good sense, because like with Manhatten, I know that one of the machines is going to malfuntion according to show runners...

The depiction alone, plus some song track on VSC's album, suggests that it should do something that might destroy Peter's body, but not his mind (conscience)...If it wouldn't be for the dot glyph art and the the heavy introduction of the soul being able to occupy another vessel (body), I wouldn't think this, but it could be that another body is awaiting Peter somewhere. William Bell's signature is on Walternates machine (a copy of the first people's), Nina's arm, and the shapeshifters... IMO all of this technology revolves around reality time travel, micro-organice-bio tech, and the use of "soul energy"...and because Bell seems at the very least be a follower in First People's beliefs/culture, I think this us what is at the helm of the First people and where we have left to go.

I kind of hope there is something of an astral time flash, at the very least, if he can not physically travel somewhere else. ( something like in the movie Contact)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby shirtlessfrank on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtW01YrzkXU

new official video i uploaded.

looks like we're going back over there for 6.02am
shirtlessfrank
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Spoilers