Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby supermodel on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:01 pm

here's a theory from a TV critic:
"Fringe"

The miraculously renewed "Fringe" is airing its countdown to doom tonight, the first of a three-part finale that promises to change two dimensions forever. There are ominous hints that a character may die. Actress Anna Torv, who plays Olivia, said she was left speechless by the finale and had to call the head writer and ask "What does this mean?" (emphasis mine)

On a show where every character has at least one double in an alternate universe, killing one or more of the characters doesn't mean the actor is out of a job, so I wouldn't necessarily worry about Torv's or anyone else's future employment prospects.

Still, it should be interesting to see which of the main characters "die" in the finale.

Olivia and Alternate Olivia have both been put through the wringer this season. Killing one of them off seems like overkill (pardon the pun.) But the show's writers do love to torture their heroine, so it's not out of the question.

There have been plenty of hints that Peter will have to enter Walternate's Machine of Doom and die to head off an Apocalypse. He says no way, no how is he getting in that machine, which in TV Land usually means the exact opposite. Whether it will kill him or destroy one or more of the universes is another question. Since the writers have prepped us to expect them to kill off Peter, I don't think Peter will actually die.

No, my bet for the dead man is the one no one has seriously suggested: Walter (John Noble), the lovable mad scientist. Walter started the war between our universe and the alternate universe when he stole Peter from the other dimension after his own son died. It would make sense for him to sacrifice his own life to restore balance, maybe by climbing into the machine himself. Walter's my favorite character, so I hope I'm wrong. I'd hate to lose him and have only the evil Walternate around next season.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:27 am

Wow! I hope this person's theory won't come true because that would ruin the show for me. I don't see how killing off Walter could fix things anyway. My theory was that Broyles may die after the conversation between Astrid and him while he was high on LSD but I haven't heard any rumors of Lance R. wanting to leave the show. We do know that Alternate Charlie is still around and Kirk A. is leaving for a new show next year. I wouldn't call him a main character though so I have no idea who it will be. :unsure:
User avatar
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:56 am

JacobsMom wrote:Wow! I hope this person's theory won't come true because that would ruin the show for me. I don't see how killing off Walter could fix things anyway. My theory was that Broyles may die after the conversation between Astrid and him while he was high on LSD but I haven't heard any rumors of Lance R. wanting to leave the show. We do know that Alternate Charlie is still around and Kirk A. is leaving for a new show next year. I wouldn't call him a main character though so I have no idea who it will be. :unsure:



I sill think 'the day WE died' implies multiple deaths and I feel certian in multiple timelines...if anyone is going to appear dead in the now, I think it will be Peter (only his body dies--or he disappears). Or red Lincoln Lee

As for everyone one else I think they can get away showing us a past reality/universe and say they aren't introducing anything new, because they can't introduce something that might have already been there the whole time in terms of event history of the story told...or I think they totally lied.

As for Broyles I think "LSD" was a wake up call as death can be interperted as transitional/transforming and a state of enlightening---he may want to find happiness and a person to share his life with, which might be why he had the LSD experience with Astrid...he may come to see her as something more, as his counterpart....(but it's a nice shout out to his LOST character--as Abaddon means "The Destroyer", "A Place of Death", "The Depths of Hell"...


3x21 "The Last Sam Weiss" Scenemaker:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe-episode-321-last-sam-weiss_27.html

Wow! That possibility was unexpected! :thumbup:

Well I don't know what to think. This could be 'the lie' in belief---and what if Walter's logic about Olivia's ability is wrong and both Olivias can use it?--and just think of what happens when two machines with two people in each machine could doe, especially since we don't even know what one person in one machine can do :rofl:


The Last Sam Weiss Sneak Peek 2:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe ... ak_27.html


could he have time travled already? (The scene was just too wierd IMO)
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby real1 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 am

And why the none sense Faux would have any ability ? it will not make any sense , if there is one Peter who can drive the machine , then it must be Olivia the one who has the ability .

I think .. we will say goodbye to the blue and Olivia , Olivia is the protector of the blue , she dies and the blue dies , Peter will be brainwashing from Walternate and will go to his universe by the end , the observers will take Olivia's body and revive her , because the time in the blue is different than the red , it wasn't the right time to end one universe , so we will left hanging to s4 ... seeing how Olivia will work again to revive the blue while Peter is living the life with the none sense and the bompy . :P


:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:39 pm

real1 wrote:And why the none sense Faux would have any ability ? it will not make any sense , if there is one Peter who can drive the machine , then it must be Olivia the one who has the ability .

I think .. we will say goodbye to the blue and Olivia , Olivia is the protector of the blue , she dies and the blue dies , Peter will be brainwashing from Walternate and will go to his universe by the end , the observers will take Olivia's body and revive her , because the time in the blue is different than the red , it wasn't the right time to end one universe , so we will left hanging to s4 ... seeing how Olivia will work again to revive the blue while Peter is living the life with the none sense and the bompy . :P


:cool:


Maybe, unless ability from either timeline (red/blue) has nothing to do with anything, except for a reality/universe that cam before (they have abilities/traits because one other Olivia had them before)--then it's possible that both Olivias could opperate the machine, since the machine itself may derive from another reality--as both Olivia could be the product of spliting in half "the one true olivia"...of course it would be genious if the Olivias had to operate the machines together at the same time...who knows how this is all going to play out.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby real1 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Actually , the impossible is possible in Fringe , am just saying a theory , but it will not make sense for Faux to do any thing , clearly it's the red Peter and Olivia who are connecting to machine .

and if Faux may do any thing ... then I prefer to revive blue Peter and let's see in this case red Peter vs blue Peter , but still it will not work , coz the machine will be working only with red Peter and Olivia , no Faux no blue Peter . what i mean is Walternat did activated the machine first so he can destroy the blue but it will not heal the red because they need Peter , and Peter will not heal anything without the right Olivia , even if Faux maybe with him still the machine will not accept Peter .

Olivia is different than Faux , it's not just the cortixephan , but the soul is not the same .

I think also the soul has an effect on the machine . what a mess really , i hope will get pass Faux in S4 , it's time to see red Peter suffering and Olivia working hard to contact him and revive the blue :D

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby supermodel on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:07 pm

TPTB have said that S4 will be Peter's season, we can expect a lot more focus on him next year. So my money's on at least one of the Olivias dying, wrapping up that story and alleviating any Olivia conflict that would distract from next year's storyline. Not sure I'm buying the idea that they could merge into one person, I am just not down with all this consciousness-switching.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby real1 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:54 pm

supermodel wrote:TPTB have said that S4 will be Peter's season, we can expect a lot more focus on him next year. So my money's on at least one of the Olivias dying, wrapping up that story and alleviating any Olivia conflict that would distract from next year's storyline. Not sure I'm buying the idea that they could merge into one person, I am just not down with all this consciousness-switching.


Since the mid of s2 to the end of s3 the story line is all about Peter in my opinion , giving him s4 for what ? ... is that why they are killing Olivia at the end of s3 ? so handing him s4 ? .. no seriously now ...... are we going to watch Alt-Fringe in S4 ? .. or it's will be S1 of Alt-fringe ?

No meaning for the merge , same body but not the same soul .

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 pm

TV Guide Photo Final Scan
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe-new-finale-photo-from-tv-guide.html
Olivia with short hair---IMO neither Olivia--but a third.

Joshua Jackson Teases Finale!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe-joshua-jackson-teases-death.html

John Noble Interview-Video:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe-john-noble-talks-fringe-finale.html

3x21 "The Last Sam Weiss" [Full Set] Promotional Photos!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe-episode-321-last-sam-weiss-full.html

--- Merged Double Post --

real1 wrote:
supermodel wrote:TPTB have said that S4 will be Peter's season, we can expect a lot more focus on him next year. So my money's on at least one of the Olivias dying, wrapping up that story and alleviating any Olivia conflict that would distract from next year's storyline. Not sure I'm buying the idea that they could merge into one person, I am just not down with all this consciousness-switching.


Since the mid of s2 to the end of s3 the story line is all about Peter in my opinion , giving him s4 for what ? ... is that why they are killing Olivia at the end of s3 ? so handing him s4 ? .. no seriously now ...... are we going to watch Alt-Fringe in S4 ? .. or it's will be S1 of Alt-fringe ?

No meaning for the merge , same body but not the same soul .

:cool:



That's why I think they aren't killing the current two Olivias, but another Olivia and Co., because I don't think we are going to see anything instant with the machine in terms of these two universes, but rather Peter's experience from it may be key in going forward with the two realites--and/or the machines could disaapear--along with Peter...
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby real1 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:35 pm

after watching the promo for 3x22

the theory which i thinking of is ... Olivia will die .. Peter will be mad .... Olivia's daughter will look like her mother and Faux's son will look like his Father .. so we will have a new o-Olivia and a new P-Henry , brother and sister and will work together to fix what did happen .. the time is not right .

Both Olivia and Peter will die ! and their daughter will take over as Henry will take over . I really don't like this theory !!!!! but it could be the new chapter for s4 .


:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:08 pm

real1 wrote:after watching the promo for 3x22

the theory which i thinking of is ... Olivia will die .. Peter will be mad .... Olivia's daughter will look like her mother and Faux's son will look like his Father .. so we will have a new o-Olivia and a new P-Henry , brother and sister and will work together to fix what did happen .. the time is not right .

Both Olivia and Peter will die ! and their daughter will take over as Henry will take over . I really don't like this theory !!!!! but it could be the new chapter for s4 .


:cool:



3x22 "The Day We Died" Promo
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe-episode-322-day-we-died-promo.html


If you noticed the two towers stood and the plaque was shone for 2021---so it isn't the blue universe---and because of the way Olivia will look and because of the different fringe logo we know it's not the red either---it can't be "the future" in any capasity as to be able to go there, it already has to exist--so no matter what this reality has to be either current or past making it niether of the two universes--although history could attempt to repeat it.

I like your theory, because I keep hoping Olivia does have a little NINA So I hope that's what the red head little girl in the drawing means---but if so THEN NINA has already come back to help Peter---it is unclear if Peter can course correct this reality--but I am hopeful if he comes back, that he will have the information he needs to help the red and blue realites...on another note----if that reality did survive after the time Peter might have left to make the blue, then they could still have an NEW effect--especially if they are all time travlers....but Peter might just be flashing through right now to see what happened. ----


The Day We Died Sneak Peek 1
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe ... sneak.html



I am still sticking to a past universe.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby JacobsMom on Sun May 01, 2011 10:19 pm

DarthLocke wrote:The Day We Died Sneak Peek 1
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe ... sneak.html


Something about that sneak peek reminded me of Dickens "A Christmas Carol". The way we see Peter taking Walter around in the chains and things are completely different, it seems almost like a possible "Christmas" future! In fact, when Peter gets into the machine in this last episode, his mind "flashes" through all the things that have happened to him as the Peter Bishop we have come to know on Fringe. Maybe this machine is giving him that peek at what life could have been at each point as we saw in "A Christmas Carol"?? :hmm:
User avatar
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby real1 on Mon May 02, 2011 10:14 am

Actually Darth i will think of any thing that will prevent the death of Olivia in any time even if it in the future ! what do you think about this :

Back to the firefly , when the Observer did shoot Peter , Olivia was looking to flip vision , what if from that point we are all in the Observer game of time .. testing all the characters and watching which future will come to be true ???

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Mon May 02, 2011 12:40 pm

JacobsMom wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:The Day We Died Sneak Peek 1
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe ... sneak.html


Something about that sneak peek reminded me of Dickens "A Christmas Carol". The way we see Peter taking Walter around in the chains and things are completely different, it seems almost like a possible "Christmas" future! In fact, when Peter gets into the machine in this last episode, his mind "flashes" through all the things that have happened to him as the Peter Bishop we have come to know on Fringe. Maybe this machine is giving him that peek at what life could have been at each point as we saw in "A Christmas Carol"?? :hmm:



Good Call :thumbsup:

In the LSD Thread -because of Desmond parallels, I thought of Dickens again too, but you're right. It very much seems like a possible future (although the reason I think it is possible is because of another realities past is causing course correction -as the machine is the one that is showing him--so it's origins could matter)

Thats Spot on JacobsMom :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

--- Merged Double Post --

real1 wrote:Actually Darth i will think of any thing that will prevent the death of Olivia in any time even if it in the future ! what do you think about this :

Back to the firefly , when the Observer did shoot Peter , Olivia was looking to flip vision , what if from that point we are all in the Observer game of time .. testing all the characters and watching which future will come to be true ???

:cool:


I think to some degree that is the case, because they do say they do not know...however, they aslo say they know "some things" so I am not sure how honest they are---just how much probability they can know?

It's funny you say "game of time", because I was thinking about that same concept, but with Sam Weiss in mind instead.

On another note...I am pretty sure that "this" other Olivia isn't going to make it...which is why I think originally, 'whatever happened, happend" and because 'it happened before, it can happen agian.' (Lost and Battlestar Galactica famous lines/tagline)
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby Two Sides on Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Just watched the full 2 minute finale trailer...

All I can say is:
Image

Watch here: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/fringe ... -full.html
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Spoilers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

cron