[Official] FRINGE S4 - Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Official] FRINGE S4 - Spoilers and Speculation

Postby supermodel on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:14 pm

I hated her so much in Lost, I'm not sure I can stand to watch her again.

If this was contained in one of the videos DL posted, I pologize for the duplication, but I think I am not the only person who doesn't watch all the videos posted here. So I bring you more of John Noble's comments at WonderCon, courtesy of KSite TV:
“I like ‘A Short Story About Love’ because it deals with this strange concept of us being attracted to each other by sensory means, and that we’re attracted by pheromones to each other. It’s a kind of cool principle,” Noble explained. “This particular event is about somebody who uses this effect. Of course, Walter loves that. He loves smelling things, and creating smells, and digging around in bodies to try to find a reason why, and he does all of that. He’s up to his usual antics, loving it. Digging around for pheromones.”

Noble feels that, like with previous seasons, the second half of Season 4 is particularly strong. “Certainly these eight coming back, are some of the most powerful we’ve ever done. Really strong, different stuff. Different versions of the characters, different manifestations. I think I get to do Versions 10 and 11 of Walter. So there’s all sorts of challenges coming in there,” Noble enthused. He also teased that some old villains will be revisited. “Jeff [Pinkner]‘s often said, this is a payoff to the fans who have been with us for a long time. You see these faces coming back. Like ‘oh my God! That was season 1!’ There’s payoffs all the way through. It’s indulgent, in that sense. We’re indulging ourselves and our fan base, which is so solid. Just playing this wonderful game, like a mind game.”

Before getting to the end, it is the season’s 19th episode that has inspired the most curiousity. What did John Noble have to tell us? “I can tell you that we have two major guest stars – Georgina Haig and Henry Ian Cusick, who worked with me, actually. The other actors had to rest. They were fantastic. I have not seen the cut episode, but I’m hearing that it’s one of our strongest. It’s sort of futuristic, like a dream state. And I get to play a couple more versions of Walter,” he teased.

supermodel
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby JacobsMom on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 am

supermodel wrote:I hated her so much in Lost, I'm not sure I can stand to watch her again.

If this was contained in one of the videos DL posted, I pologize for the duplication, but I think I am not the only person who doesn't watch all the videos posted here. So I bring you more of John Noble's comments at WonderCon, courtesy of KSite TV:
“I like ‘A Short Story About Love’ because it deals with this strange concept of us being attracted to each other by sensory means, and that we’re attracted by pheromones to each other. It’s a kind of cool principle,” Noble explained. “This particular event is about somebody who uses this effect. Of course, Walter loves that. He loves smelling things, and creating smells, and digging around in bodies to try to find a reason why, and he does all of that. He’s up to his usual antics, loving it. Digging around for pheromones.”

Noble feels that, like with previous seasons, the second half of Season 4 is particularly strong. “Certainly these eight coming back, are some of the most powerful we’ve ever done. Really strong, different stuff. Different versions of the characters, different manifestations. I think I get to do Versions 10 and 11 of Walter. So there’s all sorts of challenges coming in there,” Noble enthused. He also teased that some old villains will be revisited. “Jeff [Pinkner]‘s often said, this is a payoff to the fans who have been with us for a long time. You see these faces coming back. Like ‘oh my God! That was season 1!’ There’s payoffs all the way through. It’s indulgent, in that sense. We’re indulging ourselves and our fan base, which is so solid. Just playing this wonderful game, like a mind game.”

Before getting to the end, it is the season’s 19th episode that has inspired the most curiousity. What did John Noble have to tell us? “I can tell you that we have two major guest stars – Georgina Haig and Henry Ian Cusick, who worked with me, actually. The other actors had to rest. They were fantastic. I have not seen the cut episode, but I’m hearing that it’s one of our strongest. It’s sort of futuristic, like a dream state. And I get to play a couple more versions of Walter,” he teased.

I agree with you supermodel, I never liked Rebecca Mader on Lost either. Maybe it was just the way that part was written but she had a sort of whiny way about her!! :roll:

I still feel bad for John Noble not getting the recognition he probably deserves for playing Walter Bishop on this show. The scope and range he has taken this character is simply unbelievable! As we hear more and more about the final episodes for this season, I get worried that this will be it and we will leave the show with Mader as the last guest star to be on... :thumbsdown:

Can't wait for episode 19 though and Mr. Cusick! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:02 pm

JacobsMom wrote:
supermodel wrote:I hated her so much in Lost, I'm not sure I can stand to watch her again.

I agree with you supermodel, I never liked Rebecca Mader on Lost either. Maybe it was just the way that part was written but she had a sort of whiny way about her!! :roll:

I still feel bad for John Noble not getting the recognition he probably deserves for playing Walter Bishop on this show. The scope and range he has taken this character is simply unbelievable! As we hear more and more about the final episodes for this season, I get worried that this will be it and we will leave the show with Mader as the last guest star to be on... :thumbsdown:

Can't wait for episode 19 though and Mr. Cusick! :thumbsup:

I think Charlotte was intentionally written as an unlikable character, but once I saw "The Other Women", and "This Place is Death" I knew her career choice reflected that she did care about people and the Island, and that she was on a journey of self discovery that was sadly, in this iteration, short lived. She was a character whom probably in the next iteration would have warmed up, as she might have gotten closer to Daniel Faraday---Faraday, like Desmond were both characters who were trying to get back to and/or save the women they loved much like Peter Bishop. Faraday in terms of his attempting to understand time loops (iterations/branch offs of time) is VERY similar experience Peter is having (especially in "Peter and the Machine").

I never hated Charlotte, but felt like her cooler exterior was just the only way she could deal with what she was going through, as she and Daniel saved the Island's inhabitants from being purged again, while also proving to herself that this place stuck in her head that parents said never really existed, actually did. IMO this iteration didn't give us a chance to know her, because it wasn't her turn. (FS = the ones that move on don't have to directly deal with the Island in the next iteration, everyone else still has "work to do.") One of my favorite scenes was when she took on Juliet! --She showed as an actress what a good fighter she is! She is one of my favorite female characters but I am looking forward to how both she and Mr. Cusick will be rewoven into FRINGE.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:22 pm

My hatred is a bit more visceral. But I don;t think she will become a regular. If there is a season 5 I can't imagine they would be adding many major new characters as they are trying to wrap up the story.

Anyway, here are a few tidbits to get eveyone hyped for tonight!
From Blair Borwn, in the same conversation where she revealed that Meana is not a shapeshifter:
The way Brown teases, Meana’s worst may be yet to come. “This is not a happy person; this is a desperate person,” she warns. “She needs to be watched.”

And Pinker:
Pinkner says that the question of when or whether Peter will ever return to or restore his original timeline “won’t be relevant anymore very soon” — and Joshua Jackson himself reiterated as much. “Peter’s been a bit waffle-y lately. It’s him, it’s [Olivia], it’s not her…. I’ve gotta go home, I’m staying, I’m going to solve this universe, too. He’s just gotta make up his mind,” he told us. “[And] it’s answered in this next episode.”

Blair Brown says another time jump is coming, and Georgina Haig is said to be playing "Young Olivia."
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:44 pm

supermodel wrote:My hatred is a bit more visceral. But I don;t think she will become a regular. If there is a season 5 I can't imagine they would be adding many major new characters as they are trying to wrap up the story.

Anyway, here are a few tidbits to get eveyone hyped for tonight!
From Blair Borwn, in the same conversation where she revealed that Meana is not a shapeshifter:
The way Brown teases, Meana’s worst may be yet to come. “This is not a happy person; this is a desperate person,” she warns. “She needs to be watched.”

And Pinker:
Pinkner says that the question of when or whether Peter will ever return to or restore his original timeline “won’t be relevant anymore very soon” — and Joshua Jackson himself reiterated as much. “Peter’s been a bit waffle-y lately. It’s him, it’s [Olivia], it’s not her…. I’ve gotta go home, I’m staying, I’m going to solve this universe, too. He’s just gotta make up his mind,” he told us. “[And] it’s answered in this next episode.”

Blair Brown says another time jump is coming, and Georgina Haig is said to be playing "Young Olivia."

Thanks SuperModel! :thumbup:

The more I read what Pinkner says, the more I think all of our theories are true, as perhaps Peter maybe still has to choose for himself what he wants [his] reality to be...maybe he is still in the process of making his choice, and maybe as long as he can make choices, he can never loose Olivia!

I doubt Mader will be a series regular, but because of her character's alleged connection to Jones, her alleged relativity to Olivia, and that episode 19 seems to open up a can of worms ("Epic in scope"), I could see them doing something with identity and role comparison with newer reoccurring characters. Of course this could be it, but I am hoping for a miracle!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Final S4 Episodes - BTS Pics - Anna Torv and Rebecca Mader:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/fringe-set-photos-23rd-march-2012.html

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:15 am

4x20-4x22 Episode Titles!
Episode 4.20 Worlds Apart
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Episode 4.21 End Game: Part 1
Episode 4.22 End Game: Part 2

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/fringe-episode-420-422-episode-titles.html

Interesting titles for sure!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:09 pm

4x16 "Nothing As It Seems" Sneak Peeks 1-3
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/fringe ... ms_28.html
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/fringe ... _5802.html
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/fringe ... ms_30.html

Seems like we are going back to First People or Shapeshifters with that third sneak peek!
--I am going to say Shapeshifter's, because we never understood why Newton chose Newton's head--which had a similar mark (could be cunieform) and why that head was cryogenically preserved...but not say that these marked men can't also relate to 'first people' (or rather people of other iterations of the time lines)

Latest From TV Line:
Fringe | So… if Peter’s been home all this time, and it’s everyone else who will gradually have their Sideways Lost epiphanies, where will that leave alt-timeline Lincoln Lee, who in the regular world isn’t part of the Fringe team? Seth Gabel, for one, holds out hope that his alter ego will keep a toe in the mix. “Towards the end of Season 3, Lincoln [Prime] and Peter did have a conversation where he said, like, ‘Feel free to come back one day,’” Gabel relates. “It was left open for Lincoln to become a part of that world because now that he knows about it, he’s either going to get killed by the government or they’ll let him in!” Do you want Our Lincoln to officially join Fringe? Or is alt-Lincoln enough? Sound off in Comments!

I think that's a good assessment to what we think we know, but I also because he didn't really have that interaction with Olivia, he may not of come back, and I don't think he fully believes what has happened...I think he does feel like he has been robbed out of something.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:29 pm

4x17 "Everything In It's Right Place" Promo and Promotional Photo:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/fringe-episode-417-everything-in-its_31.html
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/fringe-episode-417-everything-in-its_110.html

4x19 "Letters of Transit" Press Release:
THE FRINGE TEAM GOES BACK TO THE FUTURE ON AN ALL-NEW "FRINGE" FRIDAY, APRIL 20, ON FOX

The FRINGE tradition of a mind-bending 19th episode continues as the story jumps ahead to 2036, when the Observers and the Fringe team engage in a game-changing battle in the all-new "Letters of Transit" episode of FRINGE airing Friday, April 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-419) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

Sweet...interesting they didn't mention the two guest leads! But Game Changing and Observers makes me think this is gonna be a great episode!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:50 pm

2036 here we come! :w00t:
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:10 pm

WJames wrote:2036 here we come! :w00t:

I am excited too! :D I am hoping it directly relates and isn't just a vision/memory of a future, but rather a future that has an effect on our time line, or visa versa....

The title "Letters of Transit" relates to Casablanca again as well, and may suggest someone(s) is/are trying to "escape" from someone (group/government/organization), someplace, or maybe even "some when"...

I can't imagine September (really the writers) would drop a bomb about the idea of locked universes, if it didn't also pertain to the bigger picture some how...

This episode, since it isn't a drug reference, may then also be more direct and not so metaphoric, like the season one episode "The Road Not Taken"....I always felt this episode was REALLY important, not just because Olivia could slip into other iterations of the time lines to get information to help her save one of the twins' (Lewis/Pratt) lives and show us her connectivity to other versions of herselves, but also this is the episode that references Abrams/Bad Robot's Star Trek movie (with alternate time line) and where Emmanuel Grayson has this to say:

EMMANUEL GRAYSON: Yes. Like Khan Noonien Singh. To defend us in a coming war.
OLIVIA: What war?
PETER: I'm sorry. The Khan?
EMMANUEL GRAYSON: Yes.
PETER: As in The Wrath of...
PETER: Let me guess. This war, it's against...
EMMANUEL GRAYSON: The Romulans. Renegade Romulans from the future. Here to change the timeline. The sworn enemy of The Federation.
PETER: The Federation? That would be the United Federation of Planets?

I always thought since then, that some future may play a role in current events and additionally a temporal cold war (like in Star trek Enterprise) would come to be...

Now that we know the Beacon can unlock (and lock?) universes (or possibly time periods), then perhaps some of us were right about Mosley after all...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:14 pm

4x17 "Everything In It's Right Place" Promotional Photos:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/fringe-episode-417-everything-in-its.html

I am kind of rooting for an alternates romance (Blue Lee and Red Liv!)

IMDb also had 3 other people cast: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2201539/

Nelson Leis as Mikey
Kirby Morrow as Maddox
Max Teichman as Father Luis

Maddox is an intersting name...and looks like we may go back to notes of Religion again...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Season 4 Finale Spoiler - Snippet:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Twitter Messages:

Just walked past 20 grey-suited Observers walking the Vancouver Art Gallery north plaza #Fringe
3 Apr 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Canadagraphs @canadagraphs
Checked out #Fringe at VAG. Saw 50 Observers, but no main cast!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/fringe ... ippet.html

Sounds Eventful! :D

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:18 pm

*deep breath*
:w00t: :scared: :batman:

OBSERVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwahahashdhashdahsdhadhadfhjdf

Apologies! I wasn't this excited about something on TV for a very long time.
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 pm

WJames wrote:

*deep breath*
:w00t: :scared: :batman:

OBSERVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwahahashdhashdahsdhadhadfhjdf

Apologies! I wasn't this excited about something on TV for a very long time.

I know in alot of the 4x19 set photos we see them sitting among humans in the park with political flags of their faces and Ricky and I thought we spotted a military gaurd--suggesting dyspopian set up (playing back to Hitler, ZFT, and End of Dayers). The Ministry of Science fits right in! This seems like it's going to be one of the niffitiest episodes! Can't wait! :w00t:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Spoilers