"Someone huge" returns in the S4 finale - who?

Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

"Someone huge" - who is it?

William Bell in the flesh
8%
8%
8%
8%
William Bell in Olivia's body
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
Charlie
No votes
Charlie
No votes
Charlie
No votes
Charlie
No votes
John Scott
6%
John Scott
6%
John Scott
6%
John Scott
6%
Thomas Jerome Newton
3%
Thomas Jerome Newton
3%
Thomas Jerome Newton
3%
Thomas Jerome Newton
3%
Sam Weiss
8%
Sam Weiss
8%
Sam Weiss
8%
Sam Weiss
8%
A giant
No votes
A giant
No votes
A giant
No votes
A giant
No votes

Total votes : 36

"Someone huge" returns in the S4 finale - who?

Postby supermodel on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 pm

DarthLocke posted the latest from Kristin:
No word yet on a new-season pickup (we'd be happy if it continued until 2036), but star Joshua Jackson told us that "someone huge" is returning on the May 11 finale. Any guesses?

Who do you THINK it will be? Who do you WANT it to be?
supermodel
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: "Someone huge" returns in the S4 finale - who?

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
The Promo for next weeks episode, "Belly's Alive!" and Letters of Transit Gave it Away! :lol:

Leonard Nimoy of course :D (Boy how dumb I'm I going to feel if I'm wrong!)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Tue May 01, 2012 12:36 am

DarthLocke wrote:
The Promo for next weeks episode, "Belly's Alive!" and Letters of Transit Gave it Away! :lol:

Leonard Nimoy of course :D (Boy how dumb I'm I going to feel if I'm wrong!)

That seems to be the logical choice for all of us viewers Darth since we did get to see him in amber with the rest of the team. I guess I would be shocked to see Nimoy again on Fringe after his claims of retiring for good from acting. Of course, he did do the voice for the animated character last season so who knows?? :)
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby Gary Troup on Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 am

As long as it's not John Scott, it's all good.
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby supermodel on Tue May 01, 2012 9:24 pm

I have no idea who it might be, but I feel pretty sure it is NOT William Bell. I think showing him in amber and implying its him in the promo are just too much of a giveaway, it's not like TPTB to be that obvious. Also Leonard Nimoy has said he is retired from appearing on camera. So it's gotta be a red herring.

But I have no other good guess so I voted for Newton.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue May 01, 2012 10:18 pm

supermodel wrote:I have no idea who it might be, but I feel pretty sure it is NOT William Bell. I think showing him in amber and implying its him in the promo are just too much of a giveaway, it's not like TPTB to be that obvious. Also Leonard Nimoy has said he is retired from appearing on camera. So it's gotta be a red herring.

But I have no other good guess so I voted for Newton.

I have also heard rumor Mr. Nimoy is in "talks" for the Star Trek Sequel...why come out for one Bad Robot work, when you can go for two [agian]! -Plus I heard they might NOT have CGI-ed that scene in the amber...

Astrid: William Bell? You just left him there?
Walter: You remember what he did to Olivia. Even you can't be that compassionate.

Additionally in 2036 it is he whom is accused of doing something seemingly unforgiving to Olivia...so we need him to see what he did/does to her!

I love SR and would be grateful for his return or even KC, but "Huge" to me sounds legendary, and Mr. Nimoy has that kind of status.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Wed May 02, 2012 12:04 am

DarthLocke wrote:I have also heard rumor Mr. Nimoy is in "talks" for the Star Trek Sequel...why come out for one Bad Robot work, when you can go for two [agian]! -Plus I heard they might NOT have CGI-ed that scene in the amber...

Walter: You remember what he did to Olivia. Even you can't be that compassionate.

Additionally in 2036 it is he whom is accused of doing something seemingly unforgiving to Olivia...so we need him to see what he did/does to her!

I love SR and would be grateful for his return or even KC, but "Huge" to me sounds legendary, and Mr. Nimoy has that kind of status.

I guess we can never be sure what "never" means to these actors as far as making a comeback. I have the utmost respect for Leonard Nimoy and if he chooses to return to acting, that's only good news for those who love him!!

Speaking of Roche', I saw him on Grimm a couple of episodes ago. I've been watching them online and was happy to see him playing another bad guy. He even spoke a little French and I think German too since the German language is a big influence on Grimm.

The actor who played Liam on LOST(Charlies brother) also was in the same episode as the good guy too! He did survive the episode and so hopefully he'll be back during season 2. :)
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Wed May 02, 2012 2:21 am

JacobsMom wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:I have also heard rumor Mr. Nimoy is in "talks" for the Star Trek Sequel...why come out for one Bad Robot work, when you can go for two [agian]! -Plus I heard they might NOT have CGI-ed that scene in the amber...

I guess we can never be sure what "never" means to these actors as far as making a comeback. I have the utmost respect for Leonard Nimoy and if he chooses to return to acting, that's only good news for those who love him!!

Speaking of Roche', I saw him on Grimm a couple of episodes ago. I've been watching them online and was happy to see him playing another bad guy. He even spoke a little French and I think German too since the German language is a big influence on Grimm.

The actor who played Liam on LOST(Charlies brother) also was in the same episode as the good guy too! He did survive the episode and so hopefully he'll be back during season 2. :)

I have yet to see Grimm! :scared: --But knowing you watch it peeks my interest. So perhaps over the summer, when I have more time, I will give it a shot!

Nimoy came out of retirement for Abrams for FRINGE and Star Trek once before and I think it would be great if they were able to do it again! :D --There have been a bunch of fragmented and yet backwards things that remind me greatly of "Over There Pt 1 &2 ", including the Cortexifaners being used in groups in some way and then now "crossing over" is more like it was before the beginning of the season with the new time line, by not having a bridge to do it!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Wed May 02, 2012 7:35 pm

In the promo both Nina and Walter are sying stiff like "he's alive." It's just way too obvious to give Nimoy away in the preview, I think that is what they want you to think but it will be someone else.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu May 03, 2012 2:30 pm

supermodel wrote:In the promo both Nina and Walter are sying stiff like "he's alive." It's just way too obvious to give Nimoy away in the preview, I think that is what they want you to think but it will be someone else.

I would think the opposite. They want us to be excited by giving most of the audience something they really want. They want to generate buzz and go out with season 4 with a bang! Get the viewers to watch live!...We no that it was possible that this could have been it, when they were filming this...and so whether it be the last episode, or the launch pad for season 5, having Nimoy return solidifies the series and continues to give us alternate versions of characters we haven't seen for a while! It make sense since Jones work in the season 1-3 time line was Bell''s work, elegiacal corrupted, until we get to "Over There", when Walter confronts him and basically tells the audience that Bell could be viewed as a villain...that he helped the war on both sides...including that his signature was on the design of Walternate's FIRST WAVE shapeshifters and I think Nina and Walter also suggest that Bell may have designed the machines, suggesting that he was also once a First Person in another time line....

PS: they brought him up in the latest comic book, as William Bell again preserved himself (audio-time echos) through technology of Nina's arm, which lead Nina many years later after his death to follow a trail where she uncovers a secret room at MD, where William had build a new arm that was literally working on itself for the past few years.

The first promo actually has Walter say, "Belly's Alive"...and we know he comes to be...Pinkner in TV Guide also said Season 5 would shift our characters and give them a fresh start, so most speculate because of Letters of Transit that we may either start with 2015 and move to 2036, start with 2036, and/or start with 2015 and have flash forwards to 2036....Bell's responsble for what ever happens to Olivia...It would best if we could see Bell in action.

Now, maybe Bell is Modified by Jones, in which case you could argue that it isn't William Bell, but still I think with all the Star Trek buzz (which it really would be more compelling to have Nimoy return since Vulcan's have to recolonize and the comics get into a continuation
from Nero's men and Vulcan's who seek Revenge
) I think it makes sense that he would do this for Bad Robot again.

At this point fans would be mad to not see Mr. Nimoy, because most are very excited for his possible return.

But to support the possibility of something else....what if Bell comes back, but he's channeling through someone else?! (like Jessica Holt as apposed to Olivia?) -Then Bell returns, but not L. Nimoy and we both win and loose! :lol:

So if it's not LN, then I will say it's RM's character channeling Bell. That's the only other thing that wouldn't be a complete let down.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Thu May 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Well, based on yeterday's interview with Wyman and Pinker we can be certain that it is not William Bell and it is not Sam Weiss. So, anybody want to guess again?
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu May 03, 2012 10:20 pm

supermodel wrote:Well, based on yeterday's interview with Wyman and Pinker we can be certain that it is not William Bell and it is not Sam Weiss. So, anybody want to guess again?

Yeah they say a lot of things :roll: ...and they said not LN, not not William Bell ;) -It's just implied that it "couldn't" be William Bell because they sound as though L. N. had not returned, but that also said they didn't film an alternate ending, where a few of the cast members hinted that they had...so I don't nec. believe them anyways.

My next choice Roscoe Joyce...If Peter wasn't there to catch the firefly, then Madsen may have, which means her father didn't have to go looking for her, which means he didn't hit Bobby, and Violet Sedan Chair may not have broken up...It's the one important thing to Walter that hasn't been mentioned all season...and now that the machine(s) are gone would play on another Juxtaposition! Surley C. Lloyd has "huge" status too! _It also goes with the idea that the Observers can't predict the future...(but now they can try to control it :lol: )
Last edited by DarthLocke on Fri May 04, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Fri May 04, 2012 1:00 am

DarthLocke wrote:My next choice Roscoe Joyce...If Peter wasn't there to catch the firefly, then Madsen may have, which means her father didn't have to go looking for her, which means he didn't hit Bobby, and Violet Sedan Chair may not have broken up...It'd the one important thing to Walter that hasn't been mentioned all season...and now that the machine(s) are gone would play on another Juxtaposition! Surley C. Lloyd has "huge" status too! _It also goes with the idea that the Observers can't predict the future...(but now they can try to control it :lol: )

It's funny that you mention Christopher Lloyd because he was at Comic Con in Seattle the weekend of March 24th. I'm sure that Fringe wasn't filming anything yet for the season finale in Vancouver at that point but who knows?!! :unsure:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Fri May 04, 2012 2:10 pm

JacobsMom wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:My next choice Roscoe Joyce...If Peter wasn't there to catch the firefly, then Madsen may have, which means her father didn't have to go looking for her, which means he didn't hit Bobby, and Violet Sedan Chair may not have broken up...It'd the one important thing to Walter that hasn't been mentioned all season...and now that the machine(s) are gone would play on another Juxtaposition! Surley C. Lloyd has "huge" status too! _It also goes with the idea that the Observers can't predict the future...(but now they can try to control it :lol: )

It's funny that you mention Christopher Lloyd because he was at Comic Con in Seattle the weekend of March 24th. I'm sure that Fringe wasn't filming anything yet for the season finale in Vancouver at that point but who knows?!! :unsure:

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks!

It's just the only other person I could think of that was "huge"(and besides someone channeling Bell) and thematically would make sense placing him in the finale. (The maybe Bad Robot could release the track "Green Mana" that's "missing" from album!) I am still hoping they lied to us and it's L. Nimoy after all, but since the writers say not and Supermodel asked, this is my next best choice....and also since it looks like where going back to the future next season!

Beyond that going down crazy land would be if somehow Simon Foster/Etta briefly time traveled back with September or something...It might not be that implausible since they could have easily filmed either G.H. or H.I.C. while doing Letters of Transit...

Watch it be Kirk Acevedo! :rofl:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Fri May 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Yeah, those guys are the second biggset liars in all of television, after Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

Roscoe is a good guess. In terms of famous actors, CL is the hugest guest star after LN, and also your theory makes sense.

Kirk Acevedo probably has the biggest fandom outside the main characters, I definitely think Charlie can be described as "huge." And I think Newton would be huge just becuase he was the big bad before DRJ.
supermodel
Show Expert

Next

Return to Fringe Spoilers