[Official] Fringe - S5 Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

[Official] Fringe - S5 Spoilers and Speculation

Postby DarthLocke on Fri May 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Pinkner and Wyman Disuss the Finale and Season 5 (EW):
A few weeks ago, Fringe zipped forward to the year 2036 and showed us a world ruled by The Observers, time traveling super-powered bald men from the 27th century with a passion for fedoras, hot sauce and flasks of ice water. Can Walter (John Noble), Olivia (Anna Torv), and Peter (Josh Jackson) do anything here in the present to avert this fate? If you’ve seen the season four finale, then you now know – SPOILER ALERT! – that you’ll have to wait until the cult fave’s fifth and final season for the answer. “That’s certainly the suggestion at the end,” says exec producer J.H. Wyman, referring to two revelations in the closing moments that would seem to pave the way for Observageddon. “The idea that September says ‘They’re coming’ and that Olivia says she’s pregnant really does set us up for what we saw in ‘Letters of Transit.’ At the same time, I will also say that everything you’ve seen over the past four seasons is hugely important to season five.

Pinkner and Wyman also say they wanted to use season four’s last act to clear some decks – shutting down the bridge linking the parallel worlds; killing off recurring villain David Robert Jones (Jared Harris, bound to Mad Men and more movies ) – so the swan song season would be free to focus on “other matters.” Will season five take place in the present, or will the series spend more time in Observer-controlled 2036? The producers declined to answer, though Wyman noted that they would adhere to their policy of only jumping around in time if and when the story demands it.

“Brave New World (Part Two)” included one cryptic moment that fans should bookmark and mull. Early in the episode, an agent working for the villainous William Bell trapped September using gold symbols called “stasis runes” — technology, we were told, from the future. How did Bell come by those golden glyphs? Mystery! “Bell is always ahead of the game, always one step ahead, he knows more about The Observers, clearly, than anyone,” says Wyman. “Where does his knowledge end?”

Asked to comment on this reporter’s theory that Bell has long known about Observageddon, and that everything he does, no matter how awful it may seem, is in service of thwarting The Observers and the oppressive, hopeless future for humanity that they will bring, the producers wished me a happy hiatus, then vanished into a wormhole. Or maybe they just said “no comment.”
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/11/fringe-finale-exec-producers-jeff-pinkner-and-j-h-wyman-discuss-those-final-moments-tease-season-5/

I still say this all goes back to the manifesto(s) and <i>First People(s)</i> White Tulips = knowledge passed from time line to time line, with the origins becoming lost.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Fringe - S5 Spoilers and Speculation

Postby JacobsMom on Sat May 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks for posting this Darth! Nice to see a little bit of info for the season 5 episodes. :)

It does sound like the Red universe has been finished off imo. It's too bad that we won't get Lincoln Lee anymore if that is the case. I actually got to like his Red character and especially this years Blue L.L. :( But I suppose everything is going to be trimmed down and focused on finishing up the show in 13 episodes.

I get the feeling that the William Bell we saw in the finale was a true time traveler that discovered how to bounce around in time just as The Observers do now. He has been picking up lots and lots of info which he decided to use for his own purposes. Our original W.B. seemed to be stuck in the Red universe after those times he did cross over and back, which resulted in his poor health. Looks like this W.B. did basically the same thing but this time around he seems to be jumping ahead/backwards(?) in Our time line instead, and that too resulted in his health being affected badly.

I still don't know what his ties will be to The Observers but I can't help wondering why he was trapped in the amber with the team if he was "working" with The Observers all this time. Maybe he discovered them and that is why he wrote the ZFT manuscript in the first place believing that he would be able to stop what he "already" saw happen in the future. :hmm:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sun May 20, 2012 3:05 pm

JacobsMom wrote:Thanks for posting this Darth! Nice to see a little bit of info for the season 5 episodes. :)

It does sound like the Red universe has been finished off imo. It's too bad that we won't get Lincoln Lee anymore if that is the case. I actually got to like his Red character and especially this years Blue L.L. :( But I suppose everything is going to be trimmed down and focused on finishing up the show in 13 episodes.

I get the feeling that the William Bell we saw in the finale was a true time traveler that discovered how to bounce around in time just as The Observers do now. He has been picking up lots and lots of info which he decided to use for his own purposes. Our original W.B. seemed to be stuck in the Red universe after those times he did cross over and back, which resulted in his poor health. Looks like this W.B. did basically the same thing but this time around he seems to be jumping ahead/backwards(?) in Our time line instead, and that too resulted in his health being affected badly.

I still don't know what his ties will be to The Observers but I can't help wondering why he was trapped in the amber with the team if he was "working" with The Observers all this time. Maybe he discovered them and that is why he wrote the ZFT manuscript in the first place believing that he would be able to stop what he "already" saw happen in the future. :hmm:

I also think time travel is involved as well :D , just not sure if Bell is the only time traveler, or if others from 'the future' came back to help him create a new future, but I can't deny his apparition abilities :lol: ...But the time traveling could help explain the capacity of the "time displacement" stuff that was happening on and off through out the season. ("effect before the cause" and 'seeing immediate futures/up coming deaths') So that's the only thing that makes sense, even though maybe Peter still has a role to play in that...

But clearly Bell's season 1 manifesto, first people connection (which is multiples versions of themselves in multiple futures of multiple time lines), his devices (Nina's arm, The Machine(s), Nanites, Shapeshifters, guns, ect) and his company/companies (Massive Dynamics/Kelvin Genetics) point to just how knowledgeable he is, which is why I sense that he (and probably Walter) were the root cause leading in the Observers own creation.

In the show when Bell came back and invaded Olivia in "Stowaway", they were hoping they could put Bell into a computer, but it didn't work....one of the comics that came out more recently has Bell be the computer in a space ship...and also in another 2 part comic he sent messages from the past to Nina's arm that made her write things. She ends up on a wild goose chase with Walter in Massiv Dynamic as Bell left a trail for her to follow...it leads to a secret door...what's inside is a new hand, but the catch is that it took 15 years to build itself...In Star trek there is also a computer that can build things (in the new Time line they relaunched an ongoing comic mirroring the origing TOS episodes), and POI also features a machine that runs itself...I can't help to think with hints like this, that the original William Bell has found away to preserve himself in every time line....and the Observers have to answer to someone, someone at the top has to make the decisions...they themselves are like the computer functions of time, if time were a network or series of networks...

But it could be that the Observers are at war with a certain group of people who came back and tried to alter the time line, change the future, and William Bell is just caught in the thick of it, we kind of got wind of something like that before with John Mosley going after the beacon. So I also still say there is something bigger going on that also changes the Observers perception....maybe these people are some how responsible for the materialization of Peter and retrieval of Olivia as well??? (I hope if this is true, that they call themselves the last people :P )

They were really silent on not commenting about the red universe before the finale...so I think they're meant to be out of the way for now, but I think we could still see them again before the end of the series, since we don't know what happened in their future and if and why the Observers did or didn't occupy them too? If I can find the article I will post it, but somebody also said we are in for a wild thrill ride...

Yeah I found it! -It's from when they interviewed J.J. Abrams after Fringe's season 5 pick up!

“FRINGE is a remarkably creative series that has set the bar as one of television’s most imaginative dramas. Bringing it back for a final 13 allows us to provide the climactic conclusion that its passionate and loyal fans deserve,” said Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “The amazing work the producers, writers and the incredibly talented cast and crew have delivered the last four seasons has literally been out of this world. Although the end is bittersweet, it’s going to be a very exciting final chapter.”
FRINGE co-creator and executive producer J.J. Abrams added, “We are thrilled and beyond grateful that FOX – and our fans – have made the impossible possible: FRINGE will continue into a fifth season that will allow the series to conclude in a wild and thrilling way. All of us at Bad Robot are forever indebted to our viewers and the amazingly supportive FOX network for allowing the adventures of Fringe Division to not only continue, but to resolve in a way that perfectly fits the show.”

“This pickup means the world (both of them) to us, because we love sharing these stories with our enthusiastic fans,” added FRINGE showrunners and executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman. “On behalf of the cast and crew, we applaud our fans and FOX for allowing us to imagine the impossibilities together for so long.Season Five is going to be a conclusive thrill ride for all of us.”]

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2012/04/26/fringe-renewed-for-season-5/

So who knows what else they have up their sleeves! :lol:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed May 23, 2012 1:07 am

Seth Gabel Not Returning As Series Regular:
Seth Gabel will not be back as a series regular.

In a recent interview with TVLine, Fringe‘s leading lady, Anna Torv, noted that the odds of Gabel returning were slim.

“I don’t think [we'll see Lincoln again],” she lamented. “Unless we go to the other side, no” — a prospect made less likely by the season-ending closing of the bridge between the two worlds.

A Fringe insider, however, isn’t ruling out a guest appearance or two by Gabel during the final 13 episodes.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/fringe-season-5-casting-news-seth-gabel.html

Well not too surprising, but I do suspect we will see the red universe close to the end, if not the end of the series.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue May 29, 2012 9:15 pm

So is 2036 going to be part of the show's fifth and final season? It's certainly looking that way, as, according to SFX Magazine, executive producer JH Wyman has said, "Yeah, I think it's safe to say you will [see that]. Part of our storytelling is about reveals and re-contextualizing what you think you know and what you've seen and putting it in a different mind frame for the viewer. It's good to say that future is important to our storytelling but it's not the be-all and end-all. The critical question is always why do we do flashbacks or flash-forwards and for us there is always a reason. Does 'Letters Of Transit' have further implications? It does. You need to understand what it is, or was, in order to fully grasp the thematic things we want to tell this year."

supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed May 30, 2012 2:54 pm

supermodel wrote:
So is 2036 going to be part of the show's fifth and final season? It's certainly looking that way, as, according to SFX Magazine, executive producer JH Wyman has said, "Yeah, I think it's safe to say you will [see that]. Part of our storytelling is about reveals and re-contextualizing what you think you know and what you've seen and putting it in a different mind frame for the viewer. It's good to say that future is important to our storytelling but it's not the be-all and end-all. The critical question is always why do we do flashbacks or flash-forwards and for us there is always a reason. Does 'Letters Of Transit' have further implications? It does. You need to understand what it is, or was, in order to fully grasp the thematic things we want to tell this year."

Thanks a ton, Supermodel! :)

"What it is, or was"....

See I keep wondering if September LATER came back and changed the future, because they went out of their way to make us finally aware that Observers have pasts, presents, and futures too...and that basically there is not just a capacity to lead and/or course correct humanity, but course correct themselves. :hmm: (Comic -Bell made a new arm for Nina that was building itself in a 15-year time period. Bell had sent echoes to the future in order to lead Nina to her new arm...These things go along with Bell's season 4 nano tech ideas)

It's possible that LOT was the upcoming future, but September (and maybe by extension that future's characters) are/have been trying to change it again (we can argue that September was responsible for both Peter's existence and also knowledge about the machine(s) --He gave Olivia the first half of the prophecy page, which sets up a chain reaction including the existence of Henry and then, allegedly his counter existence (at least as far as Peter is concerned right now).

I feel more certain that we will be dealing with a mini loop to help course correct the Observers, that we might see the 2015 time period as the new branch off is unfolding, as the future is going to attempt to rewrite itself. (IMO this is what some LOST fans didn't realize about the 1970's --that we first got information about the past 1970's via vidoes, maps, character's testimonies, but when the characters go back they made a new branch off and create an alternate time lime with an alternate future, -and that is why there are some discrepancies..We didn't get to see the new future in the corporeal, but instead we saw a glimpse of it in the beginnings of the ethereal plane--the FS, So 815 wasn't going to crash in the up and coming 2004--Daniel Faraday had been fighting the crash for many time lines.)

As far as William Bell and perhaps other time travelers are concerned, I have to think there is a war going on.

I could def see them playing with time like this...If I would be right there should be discrepancies between what 2012-2015 versions are experiencing, in contrast to what the 2036-ers+ have said to have happened in 2015. -

I am exceptionally curious how this all ties into the first 3 seasons, and what it will say about season 4. The one thing that comes to mind is that one way or another it seems there is always some way a past-future can be seen, in which a loop is made in order to avoid it's re-occurrence. How, ever I also think when these things happen, there could be "white tulips" that converge time periods in some way. Besides the fact I think Nina was once a Dunham relative, the way the child observer was found underground in a sudo prison makes me wonder if that idea represents a convergence of space after fighting for time displacement (like in "Welcome to Westfield"/"Jacksonville", buildings may fight for occupancy, but the result may be a convergence) :hmm:

Boy thinking about this another way...then we say the 2036's characters are "past-current" characters and the 2012-2015 characters are "current-future" characters....What I wonder is what will happen to them...will they have to kill themselves, or will that naturally happen, or will there be a convergence? Or will the 2012-ers dies off and then the 2036-ers go back, or will there just be two happy futures that exist @ 30 years apart???

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Anna Torv Interview: Thoughts on Season 5!
Looking to Fringe‘s final, 13-episode season, Torv confirms that Season 4′s Episode 19 – in which she did not appear (thus affording her a chance to hang with her visiting mum in Vancouver) – will inform what’s to come. Though she has not yet been made privy to how much of a time jump will occur between seasons, she’s confident that, save for maybe flashbacks, we won’t see Olivia pregnant. But other than that, “I’m not sure where Olivia is,” given her eventual and rather conspicuous MIA status in the year 2036.

“I don’t know if they’ll go for it,” she starts with a chuckle, “but I would love for her to have not been put in amber [like her team mates], but for her to have been hanging around…. sitting on the sidelines and teaching [daughter] Etta the ropes, sort of pulling the strings from behind, where the Observers can’t get her.”

Such a scenario presents, however, an “age”-old problem. And Torv knows it, yet has a fix for it. “People are like, ‘But what about you aging?’ And I’m like, ‘She’s been on cortexiphan!’ Then I would be able to work with Georgina [Haig, Etta]” – if the other Australian actress comes back.

Then again, it very well may be Olivia’s destiny to die a hero’s death. “I’d be happy with that, too,” Torv allows. “Yeah. I would be happy with that.”http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/fringe-season-5-anna-torv-interview.html

I kind of wonder if she was taken to a research facility (the promos for LOT showed us a logo for "The Ministry of Science") or went into hiding, or put into a different kind of animated suspension. I think Etta said she hadn't seen her parents (as in both of them) since she was four, so I def think if Olivia is alive in that future, she hasn't been with Etta either (and this begs the question of whom has...Nina Sharp perhaps?)

I think the future is trying to rewrite the past and what the past was for 2036, may be course corrected by them so that again another bad future doesn't repeat...In that case, one reoccuring theme of the series is that every time blue Olivia dies and isn't saved, the universes die too, so I could see that 2036 may represent another sanario where that is the case, but now Etta perhaps is trying to change that....

I am still suspicious about the time line itself, but despite that I am really looking forward to season 5 and how it renders some of these things.

I think Anna Torv always has this real positive outlook in her interviews! I would love to see Etta reunite with Olivia at some point...I think seeing what LOT set up, at least in terms of Etta's reality, it would be a much rewarded build once we see how these stories play out! (:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:29 am

SEASON 5 - Latest From TV Line:
In the Season 4 Fringe episode “Letters of Transit,” which was set in the year 2036, Peter says that he, Walter et al had been trapped in amber for some 20 years. So it would stand to reason that if the Fox drama’s final season jumps ahead in time, it would be either by a little… or a lot.
The answer, to hear John Noble tell it, is the latter.
“As far as I know, we’re just jumping ahead [to 2036]
,” Noble shared with TVLine at the Critics’ Choice Awards on Monday, where he was nominated for Supporting Actor in a Drama (the prize he took home a year ago).
RELATED | As Fringe‘s Anna Torv Says One Sad Goodbye, She Braces for the Biggest One
While some Fringe fans my lament the decades’ worth of “lost” time, Noble allows that “there will be references” to the team’s pre-amber days, even using “found footage” to share monumental moments with viewers.
In the Evil Observers-ruled 2036, Noble reminds, “Walter, Olivia, Astrid and Peter are insurgents, so we know all the dirty tricks that have been played against us. We’ll be learning from the past.”
Yes, you read the above correctly: Though Olivia (played by Anna Torv) was conspicuously MIA from the “Letters of Transit” episode that informs Season 5, “She’ll be back” in this return to the future, Noble reassures. Viewers can also expect to once again see Olivia and Peter’s grown daughter Etta (played by Aussie actress Georgina Haig).
Meaning that just as your eyes welled up upon witnessing Peter meet adult Etta (watch clip below, because you know you want to), Noble foresees “a wonderful reunion of mother and daughter” — a scene, he tells us, Torv is “really excited” to play.

Noble himself, meanwhile, is excited to “tie up the loose ends and emotional connections” that Fringe has put forth over five seasons.
“Walter is the man who started this, so there has to be resolution. There has to be redemption,” the actor attests. “We also have to see the final maturing of the relationship between Peter and Olivia, because it has been so difficult for them and we want them so much to be with each other.”
And lastly, he shares, “I would love to see the Peter/Walter relationship come back to where it was.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/06/fringe-season-5-latest-from-tv-line.html

Lots of stuff: 2036 is on! -We will find "footage" and "references" to the past, and Olivia will some how still be here! Sounds good to me :D

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Episode 5x01 Title: ""Transilence Thought Unifier Model-11"
J. Wyman Confirms w/ pic of Script Cover:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/06/fringe-501-title-confirmed-transilence.html

Oh boy...in other words, all that rises must converge and follow the leader! :lol:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Have we all seen the first S5 promo poster, released at ComicCon? Pretty cool. Sorry it is so small but I am not good with images. My previous attempt was humongous.

supermodel
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 am

supermodel wrote:Have we all seen the first S5 promo poster, released at ComicCon? Pretty cool. Sorry it is so small but I am not good with images. My previous attempt was humongous.

Looks good to me! Thanks supermodel. :D

Well, it seems we are going to have our focus on "The Observers" as we end with season 5. Love the neat light shinning over their heads. :thumbup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:36 am

JacobsMom wrote:
supermodel wrote:Have we all seen the first S5 promo poster, released at ComicCon? Pretty cool. Sorry it is so small but I am not good with images. My previous attempt was humongous.

Looks good to me! Thanks supermodel. :D

Well, it seems we are going to have our focus on "The Observers" as we end with season 5. Love the neat light shinning over their heads. :thumbup:

I was just coming to post this! Thanks Supermodel! :thumbsup:

I love it too! It has a neat perception and position concept to it! It's one of my favorite posters I have seen for the series!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Also the light is very yellow. A yellow universe?
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:54 am

supermodel wrote:Also the light is very yellow. A yellow universe?

Although I slightly disagree with it, the showrunners and the fans reffer to the season 4 timeline as the amber timeline or amber (yellow) universe...so "Letters of Transit" seemingly takes place in the future of that universe. So the poster could suggest the confrontation and continuation of dealing with the Observer-occupied future.

I always felt all the yellow dots in the promo/glyph art also reflected the soul or soul energy (essence)...God Particles (like Higgs particle), as William Bell explained...

WILLIAM BELL: Walter, I will be the power. I've travelled between universes so many times, my atoms are ready to split apart with the slightest provocation. You taught me there are as many atoms in the human body as there are stars in the sky. That's how many atom bombs I am. That should be enough power to get you home. (Over There Pt2)

Additionally as Olivia tells the child Observer she doesn't eat YELLOW M&M's because it reminds her of medicine. We could attribute "medicine" to cortexiphan which allows one to tap into energy and become kinetic with it. Additionally it is Jones' light box (filled with light dots) that trigger Olivia's abilities in the season 1-3 timeline.

If you notice the Observer is also motif facing us, then turning half way (profile--like a key unlocking a lock, or visa versa) and then back facing us again (but so far forward we can no longer fully see him) and he/they are positioned in a diagonal pattern...Bishops move in diagonals across the boards in chess...I think this related to their creation/destruction (Bishop bloodline) and how Peter was able to come to be in a time line where he either never was before, or the Observers had hoped he would not be...(I felt a bit strongly that the Observers/September led Peter and Olivia to have Peter use the machine, since September is the one to give Olivia the prophecy page which sets season three in motion...)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Joshua Jackson + Anna Torv Interview (Collider):
Question: How is it, as an actor, to finally know, for the first time, where your character is heading?

ANNA TORV: It is the first time. We’re also going into the fifth season knowing this is our last, and that’s exciting too. It’s a really luxurious position that we’re in, and I don’t think anybody is going to squander that.

How are you mentally preparing for when you go back to shooting?

TORV: We start next week, and I think my focus is just going to be doing the best job that I can, to finish the game well and end strong. I’m not thinking about goodbye. It’s the journey that you want to focus on. The end is the reward. It’s the journey you want to make count. I know this is the end, but we haven’t even started shooting this season, so I’m still in motion. I’m not reflective yet.

Are you ready to say goodbye to Fringe?

JOSHUA JACKSON: Yes, I’m ready because the opportunity we have to properly finish our show is maybe the rarest thing that can happen, in the television world. The last two years, there has been a contingency plan to end the show, and we could have put a reasonably satisfying ending to any one of those seasons, but you still would have had to jam the ending in. Now, we have 13 hours to tell a whole ending to this story, and I couldn’t be more excited about that. It’s a gift for us, who make it, and it’s a gift for the fans, hopefully, if we don’t screw it up. It’s the nice version of the story. It’s the non-Firefly, non-Millennium version of the story, where everybody who has put in the time gets the chance to walk away. Not everybody is going to like the ending because it’s an ending, and that’s the way endings are, but everybody who has put in the time is going to have the opportunity to go with it through its entire life cycle. It’s just the opportunity for us to properly say goodbye to the people who have come on the journey with us. That’s just beautiful.

What are you looking forward to, in this final season?

TORV: Being able to put all of my heart into Olivia. It’s the first time, in a couple of years, that I’ve just had her to play with.

What science fiction topics are you excited to tackle, given everything that has already been covered?

JACKSON: The colonization idea is something we haven’t done. I think the humans as rebels is something that’s new to us. What’s most important to me is the emotional core of the show. It is what has carried us through all those left turns, alternate universes and alternate characters. What I’m most interested in tackling, at the end, is the final chapter of these characters’ story, and figuring out what the emotional dynamic is and where we want to leave it. We get to choose now where all of those characters finish.

Anna, how was it saying goodbye to Fauxlivia?

TORV: That was hard, tough and sad. I loved the alternate universe and Fauxlivia. We’ve said goodbye, but I’m still hoping she will pop back, in some incarnation. But, I don’t know.

Do you think it’s possible for Olivia to have a happy ending?

TORV: That’s what I’m going to think about and work on. At the moment, no, I don’t. I’ve said that a lot to the guys. Some people just aren’t meant to be happy. Sometimes they are just loners, and I have a feeling Olivia is just that. In saying that, I am an advocate for Olivia and Peter. Olivia is a loner, and I wonder if she needs to go to that extreme and come back. I think that’s this season, for her.

Assuming you know what the direction will be for this season and where it will end, are you satisfied with what it could be, and do you think the audience will be satisfied?

JACKSON: Am I satisfied? Yes. Do I think the audience, as one monolithic block, will be satisfied? No. That’s never the case. Not everybody will be satisfied, and I actually think that’s good. Part of the beauty of a long-format story is that the characters become as much yours as they are mine, and you dream of them in a different way than I do. So, when we do get to an end, we are making a choice. I’m hoping that not all the characters die, so there’s a possibility that, even though the cameras stop rolling, those characters live on. There will be some hard feelings, I’m sure, at the end, but I’m still happy that we get to tell our end, for better or for worse.

If you could create the ending for the show, how would it end?

TORV: That’s something I’ll answer after. I don’t want to say because I don’t want to allude to what’s happening. This is the first time we know what we’re doing for this season, so therefore I don’t want to be imagining things that I want. I want to be totally committed to what we are doing.

What is Fringe’s greatest accomplishment?

JACKSON: [Fringe] is not unique in this because I think all good science fiction can accomplish this, particularly in the television format, but its greatest accomplishment is having human characters at the center of a huge, epic story, really having a believable heroine, and this beautiful father-son dynamic that is a very rare thing to put into a story. John [Noble, who plays Walter Bishop] created this beautiful, human, broken, tortured, funny, witty, scary character that is totally unique and instantly relatable, which is the hardest thing in the world to do. Maybe that’s our greatest accomplishment: John Noble.
http://collider.com/fringe-final-season-interview/181111/

Comic-Con Interviews, Panel, and Spoilers:
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=104&p=635280#p635280

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Next

Return to Fringe Spoilers