True Blood General Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: True Blood General Discussion

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:39 pm

So, I wonder how much we will see of Bill tonight, if at all? I wonder how long it will take to find out exactly who kidnapped him?
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:So, I wonder how much we will see of Bill tonight, if at all? I wonder how long it will take to find out exactly who kidnapped him?

I think Sookie is going to find out anything she can and it wouldn't surprise me that other stuff will happen in BT that will somehow tie-back to where and whom Bill is with...

Thinking about Dallas I suspect there is still a really vandictive vampire out there looking to ruin Bill's life...Lorena doesn't strike me as the kind to just give up... :hmm:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking since it happened that it was Lorena that kidnapped him. She was really humiliated by Godric last season over Bill and Sookie. It just seems to me that if it was Lorena, she would have taken or tried to kill Sookie. :S

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm sure we'll find out very soon who was the kidnapper. I mean, they only got 13 episodes, they need to keep the plot moving. I just hope it isn't something along the lines of the Lafayette kidnapping (started an awesome storyline, but the revelation was...meh). I know almost nothing about this season, but it seems awesome! :D
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Dreyesbo wrote:I'm sure we'll find out very soon who was the kidnapper. I mean, they only got 13 episodes, they need to keep the plot moving. I just hope it isn't something along the lines of the Lafayette kidnapping (started an awesome storyline, but the revelation was...meh). I know almost nothing about this season, but it seems awesome! :D

Yeah, I figure that we will learn fairly quickly, but I was just wondering how quickly. Like, will they show us right away who took Bill? Or will they wait until the 2nd episode?

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby frekkells on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:44 pm

sandi wrote:
frekkells wrote:Did this thread get moved up? I thought it was under Other Shows.

It was moved from Other Shows (as were a few others) as it's about to come out of hiatus :thumbsup:

Well it took you guys long enough... :PP
Nah, only kidding. But I honestly thought it should be here it's first season. :thumbup:
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:20 pm

NEW CAST PIC!!

this is from EW! AWESOME

also, Bill & Sookie won TV Now Award- the Sexiest TV Couple! :thumbup:
Image I agree!! they are HOT :w00t:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Joshjb on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Niice! Thanks for posting! Love it! :D
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:47 pm

you're welcome!n :)

I also found this nice interview with DENIS O'HARE - The King of Mississippi, Russel! for iFMagazine.com

iF: You’ve done a lot of theatre in New York …
O’HARE: Yeah. I went to school in Chicago and I did all my early theatre work in Chicago, kind of where I learned to act, and then I moved to New York in the early Nineties and that’s what I did. I’ve been a stage actor, I’ve done a lot of Broadway, I’ve done four Broadway musicals, a lot of Broadway straight plays. That’s kind of my thing, that’s what I did, was Broadway. And then I’ve always done TV here and there because of LAW AND ORDER in New York, but then this [TRUE BLOOD, which films primarily in Los Angeles]came along last fall and I was thrilled, because I love it.

iF: Had you worked with Alan Ball before?
O’HARE: I hadn’t.

iF: Do you know if he was a fan of your stage work prior to casting you in TRUE BLOOD?
O’HARE: I think he’d seen me in TAKE ME OUT [O’Hare won a Featured Actor Tony for his work in the production in 2003] and all those years, it kind of percolated, and when this part came up, I think it was a good fit. A whole lot of us are from New York – Carrie Preston [Arlene] is from New York, Sam Trammell [Sam] is from New York, Rutina Wesley [Tara] is from Juilliard from New York, Kristin Bauer [Pam] is from New York – a lot of these actors, we all come from the same place. Michael Hall, who did SIX FEET UNDER [with Ball], I knew him when we did ROMEO AND JULIET together in Baltimore years ago, when he first got out of Juilliard. So it all kind of comes full circle, which is really interesting.

iF: A lot of the actors in TRUE BLOOD are called upon to disrobe at some point. Do you have that?
O’HARE: No. Not yet. [laughs] It hasn’t happened. I’ve gotten this far in my career without having to do that, it’d be nice to keep some things private, you know what I mean? If I’m called upon to, I will gladly, but Russell has dignity. I think he needs to keep his dignity.

iF: Well, most of the characters who disrobe have dignity …
O’HARE: Yeah. They’re 25 years old [laughs].

iF: Do you perform any stunts and/or chomp anybody?
O’HARE: They don’t want us doing anything that’s dangerous, so even though we want to, they’re going to ask us to pull back. I have chomped somebody, I’ve ridden a horse.

iF: When Russell bites another character, do you discuss with the other actor, “I’m going to be chomping you now”?
O’HARE: Yeah, any actor thing you do when you’re being physical with someone in any way, you always check in with them and go, “Okay, I’m going to go here in the neck, you let me know if that’s all right.” You want to check in with them and make sure they’re not hurt and then it’s always a little surprising when you actually do it, because your adrenaline kicks in and you start making funny noises. We were doing one bit where we were attacking a girl and she kept giggling [laughs]. We were nuzzling her neck and making weird noises and she kept giggling.

iF: Are there any aspects of TRUE BLOOD that you found surprising?
O’HARE: I have to say, I am bowled over by how friendly everyone in the cast and crew is, how hard everybody works, how professional everybody is. Everybody comes here to work. They do a really, really, really good job. Everyone is prepared to go, ready to go, and yet they manage to have fun while doing it. And it’s a really amazing balance. There’s no attitude from anybody, there’s nobody who has any sort of diva position. Everyone is great. It’s pretty amazing.

iF: In the scene you’re filming today, the other actors are comparatively deadpan and Russell is decidedly, well, not-deadpan. What’s that like?
O’HARE: You know what? I’m just going to stand out a whole lot more. I have no problem with that. Everyone’s got their own style, everyone’s got also their own thing going on, and Alan, when he first told me about this character, said, “He’s very charming and he’s very Southern.” And in other scenes, I have been deadpan and I have been quiet, but in the scenes where you’re called upon to have some kind of passion, I love that. [Russell] knows what he wants, he knows what he wants to achieve. He doesn’t know how he’s going to get there. He always improvises. He is not a careful person. He’s a planner and he is somebody who plots, but he’s very, very passionate and he’s very, very spontaneous. So he does things [laughs] in the moment. He’s also hotheaded. This is a person who has a temper – a big temper.

iF: This season, they’ve had some real wolves, playing the werewolves in animal form, on set. Were you around for any of that?
O’HARE: I was. My very first episode shooting, I was on a horse and there were wolves on set and I got to meet a couple of the wolves. I got to hang out with them, and I got to meet the wolf trainer and the wolves are extraordinary, unbelievable animals. They are so otherworldly. And as the wolf trainer kept saying, “They’re not just big dogs. They’re very different animals. Do not think of them as dogs [laughs].”

iF: Do you have to stand very still when the wolves are working?
O’HARE: The wolves are almost always separated from us. You’re not interacting with them very much. We worked with them outside. They had a wire that kept them separate from us, a wire that was electrified. They are a different kind of animal and you don’t know what they’re going to do, and they’re incredibly capable of incredible things. Mostly they’re just very skittish, so the problem with them is not that they’re going to hurt us, it’s that they’re not going to be able to focus.

iF: Is there anything else you’d like to say about TRUE BLOOD or your work on it?
O’HARE: I’m so thrilled to be here – I never expected or planned it, but now that I’m here, I don’t ever want to leave.
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:54 am

Excellent displays, Miss Ford... excellent displays.

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:09 am

Thanks Rebel! :) I'll keep them coming

Interview with Joe Manganiello. He talks about being on True Blood for for the NEW YORK POST :thumbup:

Joining a show when it is the hottest thing on TV must have be tough to do for Joe Manganiello, one of the new kids on the True Blood block. We know he worked hard to get ready for the part of Alcide and we look forward to seeing him in the upcoming episodes.Recently, he talked about this experience with the New York Post’s “Pop Wrap” and part of that interview is below:

PopWrap: You’ve previously admitted to being a fan of “True Blood” before joining the show, so I’m curious what it’s like being on set?
Joe Manganiello: Yes, that’s right – big fan. The first table read was like being sucked into the television. I’d imagine it like being a kid who loves Michael Jordan and getting drafted into the NBA where you have to guard him. Being at the first table read was like that – I am watching the show from the front row but I have to get in there and be a part of it. There was a lot of adjustment. Adjustment and awe.

PW: And what about the first day shooting?
Joe: I remember filming the scene and literally thinking, “oh my god, that’s Sookie Stackhouse!” Seeing Lafayette in full makeup was another amazing thing. There’s never a dull moment. I sit there and play my part, but I also have a front row seat to Ryan Kwanten and Chris Bauer doing their thing as I bite the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing in their takes. It’s really awesome.

PW: You’re talking about Alcide’s physicality — how important was it for you to bulk up?
Joe: It was really important. Charlaine went into a lot of detail in the books about Alcide being giant – about having arms that look like boulders. Like Sookie could do pull-ups on them. So I had that in my head. Vampires can get away with having very slight builds and the audience will still believe that they’re super powerful. Werewolves are animals and in my mind they should be very muscular. Not an extra ounce of fat on them. Really ripped. I wanted people to look at Alcide and think, “wow, he’s a super strong animal.” I didn’t want them to have to imagine that he’s a super strong animal. It was also important for me to get a tan because I think it would off-set my character in terms of all the other characters.

PW: Was it difficult?
Joe: Sure, but [laughs] well I was lucky, my mom is Half Austrian and comes from this long line of these giant austrian athletes. I remember my mom doing double bicep flexes and her arms were just ripped. She had like Madonna arms. She would flex and say, “that’s where you get it kid.” So I have my mother to thank.

PW: What attracted you to Alcide?
Joe: He’s a character with a lot of heart who’s all about loneliness. Being this giant superpowered person who has to live within the confines of human society, he’s had to live this solitary lifestyle. I also grew up as a really big kid. I could have beat every kid up in elementary school and stolen their lunch money. But for me it was that struggle of learning how to be big and strong but not hurt other people. And I think there’s a lot of that in Alcide. Learning to be weaker to appease everyone else. And I think he battles with that, which is why it’s really fun when I get to let the beast out.

CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT TO READ THE SPOILERS FROM THE INTERVIEW!!!!

-- Merged Double Post --

The MovielineInterviews Mariana Klaveno. She talked about how was her experience filming THAT scene!!

True Blood's Mariana Klaveno on That Sex Scene and How J.J. Abrams Made it Possible
Written by Kyle Buchanan

What was it that you so enjoyed about the flashbacks in that episode?
I love these particular flashbacks because you get to see the beginning nature of their relationship and Bill really not having a handle on his vampire life. He makes mistakes and crosses lines, and you see Lorena acting as his maker in a maternal sort of way, which you really haven’t seen before. I don’t know if you were surprised, but I was surprised about how things were handled in that scene.

Why do you think Lorena is so obsessed with Bill?
I think he represents everything that she wants. The irony is that the very things that initially attracted her to Bill are the qualities in him that keep him from returning her love: He’s this honorable, dignified man who has scruples and morals. She’s been waiting to find a companion; she’s a very lonely character, and I have my own ideas for why that is, that she was never really loved in her human life either. The problem is that she’s very much in tune with her vampire life and she wants him to indulge in those vampire things, and this season, you get to see a darker side of Bill. I think it’s as twisted — again, sorry for the pun — as it seems that it excited Lorena that she starts to see her input in Bill. The more violent he is, the darker he is, the more he pushes away Sookie for his vampire life, the better it is for Lorena. She thinks, “This is the vampire I made.”

Do you mind playing such a villain, or do you want fans to like you?
I do want the fans to like me a little bit! This season, she does have her evil moments still, but the way she deals with Bill’s wife, I think, is very surprising. You leave that moment where she starts to glamour her and you think, “Oh my God, she’s going to do something horrible to his wife and I’ll never like this character,” but she doesn’t. She’s sort of taken care of in a way. Further on, in episode ten, I think you’ll see more of those moments. I think it makes her a more interesting character and it’s so much more rewarding to play a character who has those sides to her.

You’ve taken a lot of abuse this season, but at least you get to wear some fabulous clothing. I thought Lorena’s riding outfit that she got burned up in was kind of insanely wonderful.
Thank you! Yes, they worked very hard on that outfit. It’s a shame that it was only onscreen for about two seconds. [Laughs] I was set on fire, but I think I had about four different fittings just for that outfit. I’m an extremely lucky girl that I get to wear all these fabulous clothes.

So tell me about this chance meeting with J.J. Abrams that helped launch your career.
Oh, yes. I used to work at Morton’s in Burbank, for about seven years. J.J. used to come in to write when he was working on Alias — he’d come in with his laptop late in the evening and have a steak. I was an insane fan of the show and I knew who he was and I didn’t want to approach him and say anything, but we kind of struck up an acquaintance because I was a hostess and I knew he needed the one table with an outlet next to it for his laptop. So, after about four or five of these times when he’d come in and need that table and we’d have a bit of a back-and-forth, it came out that I was an actress. He started scolding me that I hadn’t mentioned it before and hadn’t been giving him my headshot.

But you couldn’t have!
I know! I said, if I’d done that, he would have been turned off. He was very generous and very gracious and he said, “Please send me your stuff,” which I did, but I thought, “If I just send him my picture and a resume with nothing on it, it’s not going to go anywhere.” So I started to come up with a very clever cover letter about why I needed to be on Alias, full of inside jokes about the show like how I look amazing in colored wigs or how I can pretend that Glendale is the Czech Republic. Apparently, they loved it there and passed it around at the writer’s table or something, and a few weeks later, I got the call from their casting office that they were offering me a little part.

And who did you play?
I play the girl who blows up. I’m literally onscreen for a couple of seconds, and then I blow up.

You’ve gotten blown up, burned up, your head’s gotten twisted around…you have a very interesting resume, Mariana.
I have. I think I’ve died many, many times on TV, and this show is adding interesting some new atrocities to the list.
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby mollie on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:43 am

Hi Guys..... Would anyone like to discuss the Sookie-as-fairy angle? "What is she?" seems to be the most frequently asked question this season. And I think Alan Ball is getting ready to take us on a wild ride. As we discover Sookie's "powers" along with Bill, Russell, Eric and the rest of the astounded on-lookers, we begin to realize that what Sookie intuitively guessed about herself, is basically true! She is NOT HUMAN! The very interesting thing this season is, with the force of her love for Bill, her powers are starting to get stronger. AB is not going to ruin a good love story, as it is, tucked messily away inside the crazy, brutal, horrifc Vampire/Werewolf world.
There would be no point to the Vampire/Human love connection, unless one devoured or saved the other. Sookie is alternately naive and smart; sensible and irrational; weak and strong; totally unaware of her real parentage and orgins. I think AB is reeling us in to finally discover that Sookie is a misplaced fairy-child given over to her Earth-bound stepparents.
She's been living in relative absurdity in Bon Temps, La. UNTIL she meets another other-worldy creature (a Vampire) with whom she falls deeply in love. So it goes....Bill's struggles and dealings inside the Vampire world, effectively bring out Sookie's own powers. What a twist! Bill thinks Sookie is too tender for the Vamp world! Boy! is he in for a real shocker----and so is everybody else. Lucky for Vampire Bill --- AB is taking this series away from the books! and adding his own creative spin. Sookie is going to RESCUE her love, inspite of the hopelessness, inhumanity and viciousness of the Vampire World. She's capable of AMAZING things! You heard it here first--- Sookie's supernatural powers will eventually allow her to kick Lorena's ass, keep Bill awake and into the sunshine unharmed, and finally get Russell to admit that she IS his EQUAL and then some! Once she harnesses that newfound POWER of hers and really learns how-to-use-it, she's goingto be an amazing heroine! LOOK OUT! As Russell has already said, "FAN-TASTIC!!!"
mollie
Viewer

Postby fingersplints on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:24 am

I haven't read any of this thread. Just stopped by to say I just started watching the first episode. :w00t: See you all when I am caught up :w00t: :wub:
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby Mellow on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:28 am

fingersplints wrote:I haven't read any of this thread. Just stopped by to say I just started watching the first episode. :w00t: See you all when I am caught up :w00t: :wub:

OMGYAY!! Love you for having started watching this show! :wub: :wub: :wub:

(as if i hadn't loved you before :PP )
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby fingersplints on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:43 am

Mellow wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I haven't read any of this thread. Just stopped by to say I just started watching the first episode. :w00t: See you all when I am caught up :w00t: :wub:

OMGYAY!! Love you for having started watching this show! :wub: :wub: :wub:

(as if i hadn't loved you before :PP )

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm so excited, I've been wanting to start it for quite some time! :w00t:
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]