True Blood General Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: True Blood General Discussion

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:34 pm

fingersplints wrote:
Mellow wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I haven't read any of this thread. Just stopped by to say I just started watching the first episode. :w00t: See you all when I am caught up :w00t: :wub:

OMGYAY!! Love you for having started watching this show! :wub: :wub: :wub:

(as if i hadn't loved you before :PP )

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm so excited, I've been wanting to start it for quite some time! :w00t:

I'm sure you are gonna love it!! :thumbsup:

Mariana Klaveno interview

Mariana Klaveno talks about Lorena’s Fatal Attraction

I always found the character of Lorena fascinating ever since we first saw her in Season 1 when she turned Bill Compton, (Stephen Moyer) into a vampire. Mariana Klaveno did a great job of playing the evil maker and made us see Lorena as the character on True Blood that we loved to hate.

Lorena is truly a tragic vampire since she couldn’t accept that Bill didn’t love her. I wonder if there are any vampire psychiatrists that she could have seen to help her through the rejection. Sadly, we’ll never know since Lorena is no more, but here’s an interview with Mariana Klaveno where she talks about her character’s obsession with Bill Compton, why she’d never chase a man who doesn’t want her, and her practical advice for female stalkers.

We recently saw your character, Lorena turn into a puddle of blood on True Blood. Is she really dead?

Yes. But I would love to do some flashbacks. I certainly don’t have any knowledge of that happening because they keep everything under wraps, but I wouldn’t be surprised if in the next season or 2, they want to show even more of Bill’s history through that relationship. I made some choices about what Lorena’s human life looked like and I would love to get to show that. I’d revisit Lorena any time!

The general consensus on Lorena is that she’s psychotic, evil and manipulative. But isn’t she just searching for love?

Lorena does monstrous things but her motivation is always love. She’s a tragic character and that’s what I find so endearing about her — what she desperately wants, she’ll never get.

What was it like shooting that disturbing sex scene where Bill turns your head 180 degrees?

[Laughs] It was uncomfortable on many levels, but I don’t think I was alone on that. I think Stephen was uncomfortable. You feel vulnerable in those scenes, but I’m lucky to work with people who are professional, supportive and considerate. Don’t worry, those jokes that everyone has made about the scene, we made all of them before you did!

Bill not only twisted your head 180 degrees, he also set you on fire, punched you in the face and bashed your head in with a plasma TV. Which of those scenes challenged you the most?

The thing that I had to keep reminding myself was that Lorena is far stronger than Bill. So anything that he’s doing to her — she’s allowing. When he’s twisting her head around — she could, at any moment, throw him across the room, but she doesn’t. There’s also a scene where we’d just come back from killing a stripper and I’m following him into his room and he slams the door right in my face — I looked at the writer and the director and I said, ‘I could just rip the door off the hinges and walk right in… there’s nothing stopping me.’ So we decided that when he punches me in the face, I would smile because the thing with their relationship is that whenever Bill gets into his darker, violent side, Lorena feels like she’s winning.

Why couldn’t Lorena accept that Bill didn’t want her back?

If we go back to the 1st scene that you see them in, she’s obviously been searching for a companion for a long time and had deemed many unworthy. Bill proved himself to be an honorable, good man and so that’s what initially made her fall for him. But the reason she can’t give him up is that she chose him to be with her forever and he didn’t hold up his end of the bargain. I made a decision for myself that Lorena was denied love in her human life and so she continues to search for it in her vampire life. There’s something in her innately that desperately needs that companionship, that relationship and that love.

source
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby fingersplints on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Ok, I've already watched all of Season 1 and I went out and bought Season 2 already :lol: :wub:
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:25 pm

fingersplints wrote:Ok, I've already watched all of Season 1 and I went out and bought Season 2 already :lol: :wub:

sounds like you're enjoying it! yay! :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Finli Otego on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:01 pm

So, yeah, THEORY!

Not sure if anyone has thought of this, and I wasn't sure where to put it, but here ya go:

I think Sookie and others like her, whatever they are, will be revealed as the secret to making the Vampires walk in daylight.
Evidence: After Bill drank most of Sookie's blood and Tara kicked him out of the truck, it took him a minute to even feel the effects of the sun. He seemed confused by this, and once he started smoking, that's when he ran off.
I don't think any Vampires know this yet, but once they do... :O :scared:

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Finli Otego wrote:So, yeah, THEORY!

Not sure if anyone has thought of this, and I wasn't sure where to put it, but here ya go:

I think Sookie and others like her, whatever they are, will be revealed as the secret to making the Vampires walk in daylight.
Evidence: After Bill drank most of Sookie's blood and Tara kicked him out of the truck, it took him a minute to even feel the effects of the sun. He seemed confused by this, and once he started smoking, that's when he ran off.

Yep, pretty much and I guess that's why Sophie-Anne was so interested in the first place, and now Russell. (maybe they have read about some legends which are now close to become real) Whatever Sookie's kind are, they have a "light" in them. Now, Bill almost drained Sookie and he only lasted a minute, so a single one of them wouldn't be enough, but maybe they have access to a bigger light source or something in their private wonderland. That would be certainly interesting, and would make vampires go nuts. :unsure: :lol:

EDIT: Plus, seems like they can access Wonderland by drinking a lot, too. :hmm:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby LOSTMeggy on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Finli Otego wrote:So, yeah, THEORY!

I agree!!!!! This makes me scared for Sookie :scared:
"I've missed you so much..."
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double

Postby dutchie on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Is it me, or is there less nudity in this season?
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Finli Otego on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:22 pm

dutchie wrote:Is it me, or is there less nudity in this season?

:lol: I've noticed too.

Valar Morghulis

Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:26 am

I just checked my Twitter and read that Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer got married today in a very private ceremony in Malibu. :D

Congrats to them. They make a great couple! :flowers:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby dutchie on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Thats nice, they are cute together.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Miss Ford on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:58 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :wub: :wub: :wub: thats awesome news :wub: :wub: :wub:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 am

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby HannaK on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Haha that was awesome! :rofl:
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Iceman on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:11 pm

"They cancelled Deadwood for this buuulll ****?"

:rofl:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Finli Otego on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Iceman815 wrote:"They cancelled Deadwood for this buuulll ****?"

:rofl:

:lol: That was fantastic.

Valar Morghulis

Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]