Twilight Zone

General discussion of old, retired shows

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Twilight Zone

Postby lugita15 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:36 pm

It has a lot in common with Fringe, and is an absolute classic. Even Darlton like it. I hope I'm not the only one who has watched it.
lugita15
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Twilight Zone

Postby drackodelmal on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:51 am

watched all 3 versions, it is kinda kreepy and sometimes very WTF.... i just spended 20 min of my life give it baaack!

enjoyable... very much....
my favorite epi is "it's a Good Life"
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby The Strog on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:39 pm

I love TZ. Rod Serling is brilliant.

There are so many good episodes. "Eye of the Beholder" is one. "Time Enough At Last" is another.

That one where the astronaut crashes on a planet and finds a lone girl, whilst his planet is being anhilated by nuclear war.

The one with the doll that killed the dad.

The one with the stripper who is in the hospital and is convinced she will die. (That nurse is horrifying.)

And, of course, the one where humans find a book aliens brought with them that's called "To Serve Man."
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
RETURNING THIS SUMMER ON USA NETWORK
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby lugita15 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

I really liked the alien-themed ones.

One episode I love is "Will the real Martian please stand up?". In this episode, seven people get stranded at a diner, but one of them is a Martian.

I also like "The Monsters are on Maple Street," in which paranoid neighbors accuse one another of being aliens.
lugita15
Extra

Postby LostMyMind on Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:47 am

My favorite is "Time Enough at Last," story of my life! Here in the states, Sci-Fi channel plays TZ marathon every New Year's Eve. My spouse can't believe that I watch EVERY year, but I always seem to catch a few eps that I've never seen before (amazing but true).
Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies..... :chef: :drool: :surrender:

You're just jealous my power is better than yours.

Big Thanks to Magic Box for the Banner & Mellow for the Avatar
LostMyMind
Supporting Actor

Postby Finli Otego on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:05 am

lugita15 wrote:I also like "The Monsters are on Maple Street," in which paranoid neighbors accuse one another of being aliens.

I did had to do a preformance of this one in High School. It's a good one!

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:34 am

Finli Otego wrote:
lugita15 wrote:I also like "The Monsters are on Maple Street," in which paranoid neighbors accuse one another of being aliens.

Yeah, I read that as a play in high school, and loved it. Never watched a TZ episode, although I'm sure I would love them :(
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:16 pm

LostMyMind wrote:My favorite is "Time Enough at Last," story of my life! Here in the states, Sci-Fi channel plays TZ marathon every New Year's Eve. My spouse can't believe that I watch EVERY year, but I always seem to catch a few eps that I've never seen before (amazing but true).

I caught a few this New Years and the one I hadn't seen was the episode of the woman in the hospital who had bandages around her head. We never see anyone elses face until the very end and then when her bandages are removed after a surgery to make her look "normal", she is a very beautiful woman but we see that the rest of the people there think she is still hideous. They all look like pig people or something! :lol: Great episode!!
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby lugita15 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Dreyesbo wrote:
Finli Otego wrote:

Yeah, I read that as a play in high school, and loved it. Never watched a TZ episode, although I'm sure I would love them :(

I'm sure you'll love it. Here is the episode:
http://www.videosift.com/video/The-Mons ... ple-Street
lugita15
Extra

Postby lugita15 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:31 pm

JacobsMom wrote:
LostMyMind wrote:My favorite is "Time Enough at Last," story of my life! Here in the states, Sci-Fi channel plays TZ marathon every New Year's Eve. My spouse can't believe that I watch EVERY year, but I always seem to catch a few eps that I've never seen before (amazing but true).

I caught a few this New Years and the one I hadn't seen was the episode of the woman in the hospital who had bandages around her head. We never see anyone elses face until the very end and then when her bandages are removed after a surgery to make her look "normal", she is a very beautiful woman but we see that the rest of the people there think she is still hideous. They all look like pig people or something! :lol: Great episode!!

Yeah, they showed that one in middle school as part of a sociology unit. It's called "The Eye of the Beholder."
lugita15
Extra

Postby theotherslover on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:39 am

I love the Twilight Zone! I watched a lot of them in school too. That classic feeling to it, but it is great and creative.
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Return to Old & Retired Shows - General