Veronica Mars

General discussion of old, retired shows

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Veronica Mars

Postby bonniesrg on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:34 pm

I just started watching the show after months of urging from all my friends adn I knew when the show was airing just by the trailers that I would love the show. That's why I made myself not watch it, I was already following too many shows. :lol:

The First season was so well paced and thought out, giving you bits of information when needed and not giving away too much but still keeping you hooked.

I actually liked Logan from the beginning, I know many didn't but even while he was being a jerk he still had a certain charm.

I'm waiting for my season 2 set to arrive and it's driving me mad. I must know what will happen. :lol:
bonniesrg
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Veronica Mars

Postby Joshjb on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Wow, can't believe there wasn't a thread about this show before. :o

Definitely one of my favorites ever. Kristen Bell became one of my fav actresses because of this show. The way she played Veronica was amazing. I loved the concept of the teenage detective, and I also enjoyed that there was a full-season arc besides the episode-arcs. Such an amazing show. I recommend it to everyone. :)
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Postby bonniesrg on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:39 am

I was surprised too.

I love the show so much already and now have my season 2 set, though I already spoiled myself to how it will end. :lol:

I love the Veronica/Logan snarky dynamic.
Last edited by bonniesrg on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonniesrg
Stunt Double

Postby Southern Belle on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:12 am

I just started watching this show too just last week and i absolutely love it! I'm desperately waiting for my series 2 dvd to turn up so i can keep watching but its taking forever *cries* I thought the first series was amazing! I was hooked instantly and i adore the Logan/Veronica interactions.
Southern Belle
Viewer

Postby Grey'sAddict on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:22 am

I started watching this shoe in it's last season and I immediately bought first two seasons on DVD. I love the Logan/Veronica dynamic. They have great chemistry. :thumbup:
Grey'sAddict
Viewer

Postby Joshjb on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Glad to see that there are at least 4 Veronica Mars fans here. :P It really is a great show, even though the third season was a bit weaker than the first two. I loved all 3. :thumbsup:
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Postby bonniesrg on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:27 pm

I don't know if Rob Thomas had always planned on a Veonica/Logan hookup, but it say'sin the trivia on IMDB that if the show had been on HBO Veronica and Duncan would have been brother and sister, but WB weren't up for that being the case. So I'm glad that he saw that Veronica/Duncan were not right for each other at the end of the day.

I haven't had a chance to watch my S2 set yet as my sister actually chose to finish watching Star Trek:Enterprise S1 beforewe carry on with VM. I cannot vouch for her taste, Enterprise is entertaining but VM, it is not.
Last edited by bonniesrg on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
bonniesrg
Stunt Double

Postby Joshjb on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:31 pm

I actually can't remember if Veronica and Duncan turned out to be brother and sister or not. I don't want to spoil anything, though.

Anyway, Rob Thomas is currently writing a Veronica Mars film. I can't wait for that! :thumbup:
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Postby Dreyesbo on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah, I saw the news for the film, and I really hope it doesn't fail.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Southern Belle on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Dreyesbo wrote:Yeah, I saw the news for the film, and I really hope it doesn't fail.

me too! i was so disappointed when i heard that there were only 3 series of VM especially when i read that it wasn't given a proper ending. I'm so glad that a film seems to be in the works. I hope that Veronica & Logan are reunited. I'm extremely glad that Duncan & Veronica don't last very long (yes i spoiled myself a little, lol) I wonder what the show would of been like if Duncan & Veronica did end up related? that would of been weird.

btw my series 2 dvd turned up today! i'm so excited. I can't wait to start watching! :clap:
Southern Belle
Viewer

Postby dext on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:53 pm

I truly hope the film project won't fail either but only if they can reunite the crew from season one.

I really loved that show the first two seasons, the first one being the greatest ever for me with Lily's storyline who was truly what got me hooked on this show. They truly managed to make me care about her murder despite the fact that she was already dead when the show began and the past friendship between Veronica/Lily/Duncan/Logan was really well done and believable imo.

I felt a little dispointment toward season three since I never manage to care about the new characters despite trying hard. Thus I never cared about what happened to them and ended resenting them for the wasted screentime that could have gone to characters I cared about ¬¬ .

Now I'd truly like to know what happened to all my favorite characters in a film and, who knows, to watch a reunion and an happy ending for Logan and Veronica :wub:
dext
Extra

Postby smudge on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:42 pm

but i do lov the Piz factor in season 3.
smudge
Viewer

Postby bonniesrg on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:03 pm

smudge wrote:but i do lov the Piz factor in season 3.

I don't love who he comes between though. :P
bonniesrg
Stunt Double

Postby Loopsy Faraday on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:21 pm

I did NOT like Piz. Eurrgh. That got to me. Then again, I was a huge Veronica/Logan shipper so... :whistle:

I loved this show. They didn't bring it out on DVD over here which was really annoying.
Loopsy xoxo

Loopsy Faraday
Extra

Postby bonniesrg on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:26 am

Loopsy Faraday wrote:I did NOT like Piz. Eurrgh. That got to me. Then again, I was a huge Veronica/Logan shipper so... :whistle:

I loved this show. They didn't bring it out on DVD over here which was really annoying.

I haven't watched S3 yet, but I loathe him a bit already for that reason. :lol:

What dvd region are you? I'm in the U.K. so I have R2, and I bought my Veronica Mars set's of Amazon and even though they are listed as R1 they are region free. The Many reviews on Amazon state this and my sets also play on all the R2 players in the house. So if you have a R2 player and buy them off Amazon.co.uk then they should play for you. :D
bonniesrg
Stunt Double

Next

Return to Old & Retired Shows - General