[Official] Bones Ep. 5.01 Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Bones Ep. 5.01 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:46 pm

"Harbingers in a Fountain"

8pm

Discuss This Episode Here

501 Harbingers in the Fountain 9/17/09
It's been six weeks since Booth and Brennan have seen each other. Booth has been recovering from brain surgery, and Brennan has been on a dig in Guatemala. Angela's psychic, Avalon Harmonia reveals while reading Angela's tarot cards that there are multiple bodies buried under a Washington,DC fountain. Angela shares the information with Brennan and Booth, but they're both a little skeptical considering the source. The lead pans out, and the duo find the remains of 11 bodies exactly where the psychic said they would be.

Meanwhile, Sweets has certified Booth mentally fit to return to duty after his brain surgery, but Booth is still experiencing some side effects from the coma.

Cast; Emily Deschanel as Fr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camile "Cam" Saroyan; John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets

Guest Stars: Cyndi Lauper as Avalon Harmonia; Patricia Belcher as Caroline Julian; Michael Bryan French as Tom Fargood/Alexander Gallo

Source: Fox

Cast and Crew Interviews
Sneak Peek
Promo Photos
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Bones Ep. 5.01 Discussion

Postby ivaja on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:55 pm

It was good episode, not great, but good.
ivaja
Extra

Postby katieb on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:42 pm

Best Line of the night:

"Yeah, and I’m pretty sure you haven’t been this close to one in a long time.” — Booth to Sweets, who’d asked if he knew what the vulva-shaped image was that he was looking at

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“Jack, uhm Shephard is obviously the sort of hero of the show, he's where it all begins.” Damon Lindelof

"Jack's Heart is Always in the Right Place" Damon Lindelof

"The paraplegic and the spinal surgeon have always been linked together inseparably as the backbone of the story." Luhks

Proud Member of the Little Coterie of Jack Fans
katieb
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:21 am

That was pretty funny! I really liked the episode and the way that Booth told her he loved her :wub: but I figure since both Cam and Sweets pointed out that if he told Bones he really did have feelings for her and then it turned out he didn't that it would really be a detriment to her- that he really won't be professing a whole lot for a while.

I thought Cyndi did really well and I like that song of hers that they played- very nice little sequence.

oh and it was kinda a bummer we didn't get the kiss that was in the casting sides (well, he kissed the top of her head but not the same ;) ) After Hart said that it might have been just to see where the leaking was, I wasn't really expecting much but I thought we might still be lucky :)
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:26 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode! I don't know why they're acting like Booth wasn't really in love with her before his surgery when we all know that he was though. . . :roll:

The thing with the clown was cute. The line to sweets was hilarious. And I loved that scene where she tells him he told her to never look happy at a crime scene. . .even though I'd seen it on the promo. . .that was great!! No cocky belt-buckle. . .we'll know he's recovered when he puts his belt-buckle back on I predict.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:35 am

kristy815 wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the episode! I don't know why they're acting like Booth wasn't really in love with her before his surgery when we all know that he was though. . . :roll:

I was thinking about that too. Its not like it came out of the blue and that he hated her before the coma. And didn't Sweets and Gordon Gordon talk about that? Unless they meant that they thought it was Bones that had the feelings but I always thought it was Booth.
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby McGeek83 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:31 am

I swear I don't know where to begin...

The Good
Definitely that joke mentioned by KatieB already. I laughed out loud at that, it just cracked me up.
More Caroline. Her deadpan humor is awesome, as is her car.
Sweets' haircut. Kinda diggin' it. Anybody else?
Hodgins new room...complete with a cage of...what were those, butterflies?
Everything in general.

The Awww
The look on Brennan's face when Harmonia said she was pregnant.
The look on Booth's face when he hugged Brennan.
The smile on Brennan's face when she hugged Booth.
The awkward moment when Angela mentioned that Harmonia knew Brennan was pregnant in her book, especially the way she smiled and then looked down.
Booth admitting to Cam that he was in love with Brennan.
Booth visiting Brennan at the dig...and looking all kinds of conflicted.
Booth's socks.
Booth's little folder of scrapbooked articles.

[url]The Amazing[/url]
The entire scene where Booth saves Brennan, especially:
The way he held onto her.
The way she held onto him.
The kiss.
The fact that it was so reminiscent of 2 Bodies in the lab, but multiplied by like 1000%.

[url]The Only Thing That Ticked Me Off[/url]
Continuity error MAJOR with Brennan having no sort of bandage on her arm. Um, that was QUITE alot of blood. If that medication that she was on can heal an injury that fast, can I get some? Cause I get these papercuts and if I took that stuff, it'd be like I just blinked and they'd be gone.
Continuity error MINOR: Booth says to Sweets he hates clowns, but then is totally fine with it at the end.

General Observations
Some people on other boards have commented on Sweets' reaction about the feelings. I do have a couple theories on this.

1. He is an FBI shrink who just cleared Booth for duty. It's his job to make sure that Booth (and Brennan as his partner) is working to his full potential. Sweets could know that if they get together, there's a more probable chance of them being split up. And Baby Duck don't like that.

2. The main way I took it was that he deeply cares about Brennan. While Cam pointed out a very true statement, that if Booth's feelings aren't real, Brennan will never trust anyone again, Sweets knows this tenfold. He couldn't even say the words of what might happen to her if Booth is wrong.

Best Lines
Bones, let me suit up! (so very Barney Stinson of him!)
You never lost anything in that coma Agent Booth. You gained something.
I did forget that I wore goofy socks, so we can do one for that.
Be sure about your feelings, because if you crack that shell and you change your mind, she'll die of loneliness before she ever trusts anyone ever again.
Would you like me to kiss you on the forehead too? Sure.
Don't touch the bobblehead!
If this is your version of dirty pictures, really not working for me.
Let the nuerosurgeons have your brain. They know about your brain. They don't know jack about your heart.
I'm gonna take care of you. I gotcha. Shhh. I'm gonna take care of you. I'm right here. I'm not goin' anywhere. I gotcha, baby. *THUD*
I'm on medication. So I feel how I imagine people of average intelligence feel all the time.
The answer to that question that you're afraid to say out loud is Yes. He knows the truth of you and he's dazzled by that truth.
Booth, do not kill the clown.
I love you. *THUD*

So yeah, a couple continuity issues aside, all in all I think it was one kick ass season premiere.

Sarah. :thumbsup:
McGeek83
Viewer

Postby gocrazytonight on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

I loved this episode and how Booth realized he was in love with Bones. We've all known it for ages now, haha, it's good that one of them finally do. Cindy Lauper actually did a shockingly good job as the psychic, and the plot about her sister is interesting. All in all, a great premiere and I'm excited to see what this season has to offer. Hopefully a lot of Booth/Brennan, and if it's possible a pregnancy. That would be a good way to handle the season ;D
we're the variables. people. we think, we reason. we make choices. we have free will. we can change our destiny
gocrazytonight
Extra

Postby shannyfish on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:03 am

Did you miss the season five opener? You can still catch up before the episode tonight!

Bones 05x01 - Harbingers in a Fountain recap
http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/09/bones-05x01-harbingers-in-fountain.html
shannyfish
Viewer

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]