[Official] Bones Ep. 5.10 Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Bones Ep. 5.10 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:56 pm

"The Goop on the Girl"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Bones episode here.

THE TEAM INVESTIGATES THE NAUGHTY AND THE NICE ON AN ALL-NEW “BONES” THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10, ON FOX

Zooey Deschanel and Ryan O’Neal Guest-Star

When a man dressed as Santa Claus blows himself up during a botched bank robbery, Brennan and Booth work to identify the bomber and determine his motives. Meanwhile, Brennan makes plans to spend Christmas in El Salvador, but her father (guest star Ryan O’Neal) convinces her to spend the holidays with him and Margaret Whitesell (guest star Zooey Deschanel), a newly discovered distant relative, in the all-new “The Goop on the Girl” episode of BONES airing Thursday, Dec. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BON-510) (TV-14 S)

Cast: Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille “Cam” Saroyan; John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets

Guest Cast: Zooey Deschanel as Margaret Whitesell; Ryan O’Neal as Max Keenan; Matt McTighe as Santa; J.J. Boone as Teller; Melinda Page Hamilton as Georgia Hartmeyer; Carla Gallo as Daisy Wick; Dorian Missick as Owen Thiel; Tiffany Hines as Michelle Welton; Wendy Phillips as Abby Chevaleer; Jack Kehler as Malaki Wallace

Source: FOX

- Promotional Photos
- 3 Sneak Peeks

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Bones Ep. 5.10 Discussion

Postby kristy815 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:07 pm

Great episode. The scenes with the cousins were hilarious. And of course the scene where Bones collected Booth's evidence was really nice as well.

So glad to see Bones starting to act a bit more natural in family type situations. Very nice.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby MrsAdamLambert on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:16 pm

This was such a cute one! The scene where Bones undresses Booth is to comical. I love how Booth just starts naming saints and the way he's looking at her pretty much the entire time. Bones is a super smart lady but sometimes she misses what's right in front of her face. Yes Maggie picked up on it! That awesome little comment over the punch bowl for funny.

Overall I'd say Zooey's cameo was what I was looking for. A lot of times shows push guest stars (and I'm talking about those oh so special ones that are hyped or have some kind of connection to the main case) down our throats and try and make the entire episode about them. I like that her cameo was a little more subdued, even mean she wasn't playing Zooey Deschanel let alone a sister to Bones so it makes sense she wouldn't be super tied into every aspect of the episode. Would I have liked to see more of Zooey yes, did we get plenty of Maggie I think so. She was just enough like Bones to make it funny and just enough unlike Bones to keep it interesting. I loved that they made her a little snarky too. That was a nice touch.
Ashley
MrsAdamLambert
Extra

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:41 pm

I loved this episode, their xmas ones are always a treat :D Zooey was great, I understand what you mean MrsAL, I think that the Bones crew do tend to understate their cameo appearances quite well so I wasn't too worried. I hope we get to see her again in future episodes.

My favourite scene was Bones justifying why she should go and see the victims mother at the funeral on xmas morning. Something that she would have thought of as irrational only a few seasons ago, I think it goes to show how strong Booth's influence on her has been. Esp loved the 'heart breaking' analogy she used, made me get goosebumps :cry:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby 4815162342execute on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:15 am

sandi wrote:My favourite scene was Bones justifying why she should go and see the victims mother at the funeral on xmas morning. Something that she would have thought of as irrational only a few seasons ago, I think it goes to show how strong Booth's influence on her has been. Esp loved the 'heart breaking' analogy she used, made me get goosebumps :cry:

I really liked this scene also and for all the reasons you stated! When she finally did bow her head at the end also I thought showed her growing.

I also liked Zooey's guest spot. Cute how they still put in a couple lines that mentioned them being sisters without it being too cheesy. Loved the goofiness of her talking in almost only Ben Franklin quotes! I think she complimented Brennan quite well :)

I love their Christmas epis- it was when they kissed under the mistletoe several seasons ago and now Brennan undressing Booth?!? :wub: it was very cute :D
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Some great stills/BTS photos from the episode - http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/12/bones- ... tills.html

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Sandiwich11 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:01 am

Happy Holidays from the cast
http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/12/bones- ... -cast.html

I don't mind Daisy's character on the show, but she's annoying in this O.o

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]