[Official] Bones Ep. 5.12 Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Bones Ep. 5.12 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:57 pm

"The Proof in the Pudding"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Bones episode here.

THURSDAY, JANUARY 21

--"BONES"-(8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

PA: Viewer discretion is advised.

THE LAB GOES ON LOCK DOWN ON AN ALL-NEW "BONES" THURSDAY, JANUARY 21, ON FOX

Diedrich Bader ("The Drew Carey Show") and Richard T. Jones ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") Guest-Star

Mr. White (guest star Jones) and his team of government agents put the Jeffersonian Lab on lock down and demand that Brennan and her forensics team determine a cause of death for an unidentified, but highly classified set of remains. As the team gets to work, their findings lead them to suspect they are investigating one of the most famous presidential assassinations in history. Meanwhile, Booth's boss, Andrew Hacker (guest star Bader), helps him break into the lab and determine the motive behind the mystery investigation, and a frustrated Cam worries that Michelle may be keeping a big secret from her in the all-new "The Proof in the Pudding" episode of BONES airing Thursday, Jan. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BON-512) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille "Cam" Saroyan; John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets

Guest Cast: Diedrich Bader as Andrew Hacker; Richard T. Jones as Mr. White; Scott Connors as Mr. Jones; Dylan Kenin as Mr. Smith

Source: FOX

- Promotional Photos
- Promo

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Bones Ep. 5.12 Discussion

Postby 4815162342execute on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:10 am

I really liked this episode. While it was only the essential staff, I though it was a cool change of pace. It was so cute at the end with Bones and Booth, esp. when we realize Bones actually didn't tell the total truth for Booth's sake :wub: you can totally tell he is rubbing off on her more and more each week.

I also loved Booth taking down all the suits by himself-very cool and then when his boss comes storming in-hilarious!
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:31 pm

4815162342execute wrote:I really liked this episode. While it was only the essential staff, I though it was a cool change of pace. It was so cute at the end with Bones and Booth, esp. when we realize Bones actually didn't tell the total truth for Booth's sake :wub: you can totally tell he is rubbing off on her more and more each week.

I also loved Booth taking down all the suits by himself-very cool and then when his boss comes storming in-hilarious!

Was this not the best episode this season? I thought what Hodgins did was the sweetest thing ever, until I saw what Bones did for Booth. I love that in this show, the good guys really are good guys - flawed here and there - but good guys.

Loved the line where the boss says something like 'How am I ever going to get close to Temperance if you keep making me look bad by comparison?' Because the boss does seem to be a pretty okay guy.

And I loved that Booth made the shot. . .because he was so worried earlier in the season that he'd lost something because of his tumor/surgery. And then he makes a shot that probably very very few other people could make.

And I agree about the scene where he takes the suits down and then the boss comes in 30 seconds too late. . .that was just perfect!

Great episode. Reminded me why I like this show. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:47 pm

I couldn't agree more girls, I loved, loved, loved this episode :thumbsup: I find it hard to say who my favourite character is because they are all so well rounded and everyone got a chance to shine last night. The episode reminded me a lot of the xmas one in season one (?) where they were all locked in the lab together.

I loved Cam freaking over Michelle, making her a mother has brought so much more to her character. Hodges, Sweets and Booth were great as the little conspiracy team esp when breaking through the secret wall in the janitors closet, they had me in stitches at times :lol:

Although I do really like Booth's boss I am starting to worry that a triangle might start rearing it's ugly head :unsure: I love how it's played out so far, and I understand that he is needed to create an obstacle between Booth and Bones, I just hope that the plot doesn't lean too much in that direction in the future.

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby kristy815 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:58 pm

sandi wrote:
Although I do really like Booth's boss I am starting to worry that a triangle might start rearing it's ugly head :unsure: I love how it's played out so far, and I understand that he is needed to create an obstacle between Booth and Bones, I just hope that the plot doesn't lean too much in that direction in the future.

If it's a triangle, they seem to mostly play it for humor - which is good.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Yeah, I love how it's played out now, same with Angela and Hodges. They handle the romance side of things so well on this show, it's not normally something that I can usually get behind as it can sometimes make a character or plot line annoying with too much angst. The balance in Bones is spot on for me thou :thumbsup:

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby kristy815 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:18 pm

sandi wrote:Yeah, I love how it's played out now, same with Angela and Hodges. They handle the romance side of things so well on this show, it's not normally something that I can usually get behind as it can sometimes make a character or plot line annoying with too much angst. The balance in Bones is spot on for me thou :thumbsup:

I agree. They walk the line very well. And I don't really want them to get together exactly - - it would sort of ruin the show. :)
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby cheggie on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:09 pm

This was a really good one. What Bones does for Booth is so sweet :wub:
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:33 am

The more I thought about it during the day- I think this is now one of my top 2 or 3 episodes ever of Bones.

I agree with you guys- they do play the romance story lines very well on this show. They draw it out but give us little gleams of hope along the way. As much as I want B&B together, the show just wouldn't be the same if they were.

btw did you guys see that Bones actually beat CSI out in the ratings last night?!? :O Hopefully more ppl will start watching it and taking it more seriously.
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:37 am

4815162342execute wrote:btw did you guys see that Bones actually beat CSI out in the ratings last night?!? :O Hopefully more ppl will start watching it and taking it more seriously.

Wow, no way. That's awesome news :thumbsup:

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby kristy815 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:51 am

4815162342execute wrote:btw did you guys see that Bones actually beat CSI out in the ratings last night?!? :O Hopefully more ppl will start watching it and taking it more seriously.

That's great!! :thumbsup:
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:54 am

OK I have a question for you guys. Didn't the promo for this episode have Mr. White saying that Booth's career in law enforcement was over? I didn't see it in the episode anywhere. Did I just miss it or do you think its a deleted scene? Its a pretty big thing to leave out and not have it effect the rest of the episode. Just wondering if you guys out there saw it in the episode :)
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:07 am

It was there, the scene after Booth shot the rifle if I'm remembering correctly. But it didn't seem quite so menacing when taken in context of the scene overall, the promo made it seem like a lot more of a threat.

White said something like 'in x hours everything to do with this investigation will be purged, all paperwork and results will not exist and you will have no job left either, and it will all be for no apparent reason'. (I'm paraphrasing like hell since the episode is stored of my other machine and I'm trying to recall it :lol: )

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby kristy815 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:31 am

That's the way I remember it too. Booth shoots the melons. They're all grouped up around the glow-y white table - White comes in and starts spouting off with a little speech - and that part was buried in the middle of the speech.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:36 am

Thanks guys! Must not have been all that big of a deal. You know, I didn't catch the John Wilkes Booth thing until the second time I watched it either. I must have just been distracted by Booth's greatness that I missed half the show's dialog :P :wub: !
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Next

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]