[Official] Bones Ep. 5.14 Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Bones Ep. 5.14 Discussion

Postby Sandiwich11 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

"The Devil in the Details"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Bones episode here.

IT’S A BATTLE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL ON THE WINTER FINALE OF “BONES”THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4, ON FOX

Joshua Malina (“In Plain Sight”) and Pej Vahdat Guest-Star

Brennan and Booth investigate a set of uniquely disfigured remains allegorizing biblical text. As they acquire more information about the victim, a former patient of Dr. Adam Copeland (guest star Malina) at Havenhurst Sanitarium, they are confronted with suspects who are hard to characterize as either good or evil. Meanwhile, Jeffersonian intern Arastoo Vaziri (guest star Vahdat) reveals a secret about his past in “The Devil in the Details” winter finale episode of BONES airing Thursday, Feb. 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BON-513) (TV-14 L)

Cast: Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille “Cam” Saroyan; John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets

Guest Cast: Peh Vahdat as Arastoo Vaziri; Joshua Malina as Dr. Adam Copeland; Jocko Sims as Lloyd Robertson; Amanda Schull as Neviah Larkin; Henri Lubatti as Phillip Womack; John Apicella as Father Patrick; Daniel Polo as William; Scott Jesic Caudill as Gabe Turner; Deborah Rusty Schwimmer as Erica Turner

Source: FOX

Promo
Promo Photos

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Bones Ep. 5.14 Discussion

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:20 am

This episode spooked me out- it was crazy weird :scared: I really liked it though.

Thought it was funny that Brennan thought she finally meet a psychologist she liked and it turned out he was a patient :) I thought that it was nice that she kinda of made up with the head guy though and realized all he did and ended up respecting him. (I have my degree in psychology and so I am always hoping she will accept psychology as a valid science :D )

Thought it was kinda bad timing that they finally show Bones driving and she's driving a Toyota Prius :PP (I love the car but for those of you that don't know, its currently being considered for recall in the US for faulty brakes :scared: )
Wonder why Booth finally let her drive? Probably just product placement.

Really sad that new episodes won't be back on until April though :(
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:54 pm

This one was a little too creepy to be really fun but it was still good.

Didn't really like the subplot where Cam jumped to the conclusion that the intern was a terrorist all of a sudden. I could see Hodgins going there but Cam seemed a little out of character to me. Although, she's been jumping to all sorts of conclusions lately come to think of it - I forgot about the Michelle thing.

However, the part where Bones liked the fake psychologist better than the real one was pretty funny.

I missed the part where she got to drive! How'd I miss that?

I noticed it called it the Winter Finale. . .is this just because of the Olympics? Or do they always have a hiatus about now. . .if they do, I guess I never noticed before.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:05 am

I figure the break is because of the Olympics because Fringe is doing the same thing. :(

kristy815 wrote:Didn't really like the subplot where Cam jumped to the conclusion that the intern was a terrorist all of a sudden. I could see Hodgins going there but Cam seemed a little out of character to me. Although, she's been jumping to all sorts of conclusions lately come to think of it - I forgot about the Michelle thing.

Yeah, I thought that was kinda out of place if you ask me. It was sad to hear all that he had went through and maybe it was just a way to get deeper into his character. But for as level headed as Cam normally is, its kinda surprising how fast she jumps to these weird conclusions.
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm very late watching the episode again.

I agree with what has been brought up about Cam jumping to the wrong conclusion, it didn't make much sense to me at all. The main story was about Catholic beliefs so I suppose they wanted a different religious angle for the sub plot, it was totally unnecessary imo. But then again the gay 'jokes' from last week didn't sit particularly well with me either, both seemed a little out of place in the show :unsure:

All in all it wasn't really a great episode for me, it was too slow moving and seemed to be more about the psychology of the characters than working out the crime by looking at the material evidence. The best bit was the nunchuck experiment, Hodges had me in stitches after hitting himself in the face. The bts video of them learning the moves is just as hilarious :lol:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby cheggie on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:24 pm

I agree ther. They've known Astaroo for quite a time now, and it's just illogical to think he's a terrorist only because one commnet.
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:46 am

sandi wrote: The best bit was the nunchuck experiment, Hodges had me in stitches after hitting himself in the face. The bts video of them learning the moves is just as hilarious :lol:

I saw that video before hand and I think it made the scene even funnier on the show for some reason! :lol: I think everyone on that show is pretty funny bts.
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]