[Official] Bones Ep. 5.16 Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Bones Ep. 5.16 Discussion

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:39 pm

"The Parts in the Sum of the Whole"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Bones episode here.

“BONES” FLASHES BACK TO THE BEGINNING ON THE SERIES’ MILESTONE 100TH EPISODE THURSDAY, APRIL 8, ON FOX

Episode Directed by Series Star David Boreanaz

Eric Millegan Returns to Guest-Star as “Zack Addy”

The milestone 100th episode of BONES takes viewers back in time six years as Brennan and Booth recount the first case they worked on together. With Sweets finishing his book on their partnership, Brennan and Booth take this opportunity to set the record straight. A young and rebellious FBI Agent Booth seeks the help of an team of anthropological scientists and a street artist to find the evidence that will prove his high-profile suspect guilty. Although in unfamiliar territory, Dr. Brennan, her grad student Zack (guest star Millegan) and Hodgins get right to work, impressing Booth with their knack for uncovering new leads and substantiating his theory about a well-connected district judge. While the case cements a foundation for a successful future partnership, it also reveals the convoluted romantic beginnings of the formidable duo – whose feelings for each other almost destroyed the team but still linger years later – in the all-new “The Parts in the Sum of the Whole” episode of BONES airing Thursday, April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BON 516) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille “Cam” Saroyan; John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets

Guest Cast: Patricia Belcher as Caroline Julian; Eric Millegan as Zack Addy; Seth Isler as Judge Myles Hasty; Angela E. Gibbs as Jocelyn Arrington; Throdore Borders as Tucker Henry

Source: FOX

Promo
Promotional Photos
Sneak Peeks

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Bones Ep. 5.16 Discussion

Postby 4815162342execute on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:33 am

Seriously have watched the ending a couple times. Loved that Booth took the gamble and they at least talked about it. While they decided to not do this now- you know that because the very point that they have talked about this changes things and they'll come together sooner or later :wub: It's not over until the fat woman sings ;)

I think David did a really good job directing and also did really great acting esp. in the last scene- I felt really sad for him and he looked so heart broken :cry:

Regarding the rest of the episode- thought it was really cool seeing how they all meet and interacted back in the day. It was soooooo good to see Zack :w00t: !!!! Funny how Hodgens and Zack got along back then and where the start of all their experiments started :)

Man, this season has been so great!!!

-- Merged Double Post --

I can also see how this episode could be an either you love it or you hate it. Curious to see what you guys all think of it... :)
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:53 pm

I loved the episode. I miss Zach! He was so great in this one too.

But what happened to Sweets not forcing the issue? What happened to Sweets standing back and letting nature take it's course because if he opened up to her before she was ready it would bring disaster?

Oh well. Like I said, I loved the episode.

But I kind of hate Bones just a little bit right now. How could she turn him down when he laid it on the line like that? It was a great scene though wasn't it. And awfully selfish of her to ask him to keep working with her when he's just confessed to her that he's in love with her. Talk about a 'let's just be friends' slap in the face. Ouch!

Makes me want him to find somebody else who appreciates him. Although I realize the idea is that she's so damaged she just can't admit that she appreciates him very much.

Good episode though. But Grrrrr. Temperence, get it together! You're killing us out here in audience-land. ;)
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby cheggie on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:25 pm

I loved the episode. It was so heartbreaking and so perfect at the same time.
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby 4815162342execute on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:28 pm

kristy815 wrote:But I kind of hate Bones just a little bit right now. How could she turn him down when he laid it on the line like that? It was a great scene though wasn't it. And awfully selfish of her to ask him to keep working with her when he's just confessed to her that he's in love with her. Talk about a 'let's just be friends' slap in the face. Ouch!

Makes me want him to find somebody else who appreciates him. Although I realize the idea is that she's so damaged she just can't admit that she appreciates him very much.

Good episode though. But Grrrrr. Temperence, get it together! You're killing us out here in audience-land. ;)

I agree with you on the hating Bones right now too. It will be very interesting to see how they work together from now on.
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
From what I know of the next episode, they pretend to be husband and wife so maybe it's not too bad
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:31 pm

You know why this is a great show though? Because you can read all the spoilers and still enjoy it to pieces. It doesn't need the big shock moments to make it interesting.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:35 pm

I have very mixed feelings about the episode, on one hand it was a beautiful bitter sweet story but on the other it was a bit of a clumsy, non canon, fantasy plot line that didn't tie in as completely as I want it to.

Loved seeing everyone as they once were thou I missed Goodman not being there, I think he did a better job than Cam as boss. I had always thought that Bones had known Angela a lot longer than a year at the start of the series, so their meeting came as a bit of a surprise. And I'd forgotten about Hodgins being so angry back then, snapping that rubber band round his wrist, and his hair :lol:

So great to see Zach, I miss him so much in the show. After watching the episode I did some googling to try and find out why he left and found out about his bipolar disorder. He has some videos up on You Tube now he is feeling better, such a sweet guy :wub: I was hoping that 'The King of the Lab' would be explained in the episode, but at least we got to see the first of the 'tests' they perform together, poor Zach :lol:

Bones and Booth, hmmmmm... For the longest time I thought they were winding Sweets up, because the chemistry between them in the flashbacks was so obviously played. I'm not really one for love stories, but I found 'that' scene every bit as heart wrenching as Des and Penny's phone call in The Constant :cry: I think I'm going to do a post over in the spoiler thread about my feelings on it thou.

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby 4815162342execute on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:18 am

sandi wrote: I'm not really one for love stories, but I found 'that' scene every bit as heart wrenching as Des and Penny's phone call in The Constant :cry: I think I'm going to do a post over in the spoiler thread about my feelings on it thou.

I agree with the Des/Penny comparison- and you know I went straight over to the spoiler thread to see what you thought and realized you didn't end up posting :(

[Booth]: “I got to tell you, I’m really am enjoying working with you Bones.”
[Brennan]: “Bones is not my name.”
[Booth]: “It’s just a nickname.”
[Brennan]: “Ah, yes. I see. I can call you shoes.”

:rofl: :rofl: I had forgot about this but LOVED IT!!!!!

also wanted to mention Hodgen's hair- almost as scary as Jack's beard!! :scared:
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:39 am

So, I just noticed that Kathy Reichs is giving a lecture 2 and a half hours from where I live. . .if it were just a little closer I'd go listen. . .
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby Sandiwich11 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Is there a direct train? It is quite a way, but I'd be seriously tempted if I was you kristy :thumbsup:

I never got round to doing my spoilery post, something came up over the weekend and I had to go away for a couple of days. I'll do it later tonight :D

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]