[Official] Bones Ep. 5.17 Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Bones Ep. 5.17 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:06 pm

"The Death of the Queen Bee"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Bones episode here.

BRENNAN GOES BACK TO SCHOOL ON AN ALL-NEW “BONES” THURSDAY, APRIL 15, ON FOX

Robert Englund (“A Nightmare on Elm Street”) Guest-Stars

The team’s latest case takes Brennan back to her alma mater, Burtonsville High School, where she and Booth investigate the discovery of an unidentified skull and upper torso. With Angela’s help, they identify the victim as one of Brennan’s classmates, and notice a possible connection to a second murder committed 15 years prior. Brennan and Booth go undercover as a married couple at her class reunion to interrogate a set of suspects, where even as an adult, Brennan is still predictably misunderstood and her only friend lies in a strangely dark and offbeat janitor (guest star Englund). Meanwhile, Hodgins spills a lab secret in the all-new “The Death of the Queen Bee” episode of BONES airing Thursday, April 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BON-517) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille “Cam” Saroyan; John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets

Guest Cast: Michael Grant Terry as Wendell Bray; Jenica Bergere as Officer Becky Conway; Robert Englund as Ray Buxley; Suzy Nakamura as Carrie Turner; Victor Webster as Brad Benson; Ben Falcone as Andy Pfleuger; Megan Hilty as Julie Coyle; Aviva Brandes as Anna; Shanley Caswell as Dede

Source: FOX

- Promo

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Bones Ep. 5.17 Discussion

Postby 4815162342execute on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:03 am

well, guess I am going to be the first to comment on this again ;)

I really liked the episode but I think I was expecting more- not sure why though.

I felt that I was more upset at Bones the whole episode b/c of how clueless she was around Booth. Wanting to slow dance and stuff- she just seemed selfish to me. I really like Bones so I am hoping that it will pass when we get further away from 'the rejection'.

Is it bad that I forgot Angela and Wendell were even still together? :blush: But I am glad that she is realizing Hodgins is still the one for her :wub:

and Mr. Buxley :scared: he was creepy that's for sure! Loved that Sweets made the inevitable 'Freddy' reference ;)

Speaking of Sweets, he just seemed so depressed when he was talking to Booth. I was trying to figure out if Sweets knew Booth confessed to Brennan- I'm not sure what did you guys think?
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:38 am

4815162342execute wrote:well, guess I am going to be the first to comment on this again ;)

I really liked the episode but I think I was expecting more- not sure why though.

I liked it too. It was better than I expected. I was glad that Booth was Booth and not a depressed facsimile of himself.

4815162342execute wrote:I felt that I was more upset at Bones the whole episode b/c of how clueless she was around Booth. Wanting to slow dance and stuff- she just seemed selfish to me. I really like Bones so I am hoping that it will pass when we get further away from 'the rejection'.

Yeah, she should have known better - she's evolved a little more than that I thought. But he did get her back a little - that was a smooth setup because he knew good and well that she'd botch telling them she was rich and successful. And he did seem to enjoy just a little bit that everyone called her Morticia. . . Or maybe I just enjoyed it. :)

4815162342execute wrote:Speaking of Sweets, he just seemed so depressed when he was talking to Booth. I was trying to figure out if Sweets knew Booth confessed to Brennan- I'm not sure what did you guys think?

I thought Sweets was still just pouting about thinking his book was all wrong. And trying to get Booth to tell him whether he opened up to her. . .but I could have read it wrong.

Better episode than I was expecting. I kind of didn't like the ending though because it was almost like they've changed places - she has all those people who are 'hers' and it almost seemed like now that she's rejected him he was on the periphery. . .if that makes sense. Like you could see him coming out with them a few more times just so it wouldn't be obvious but pulling away from them pretty soon - it just didn't seem like he was part of their group exactly.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 am

kristy815 wrote: I kind of didn't like the ending though because it was almost like they've changed places - she has all those people who are 'hers' and it almost seemed like now that she's rejected him he was on the periphery. . .if that makes sense. Like you could see him coming out with them a few more times just so it wouldn't be obvious but pulling away from them pretty soon - it just didn't seem like he was part of their group exactly.

I kinda felt the same way. Even in how they were at the table, Booth was kinda standing back a bit and not as engrossed as usual I think. I guess it would make sense though, if he has to be around her at work, hanging socially is prob. not the easiest for him :(
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:40 pm

I also enjoyed the episode, but it felt as thou they missed a chance to have an awesome episode on their hands. Robert Englund's role could have been so much more than a cheesy character who lived in the basement, I was expecting him and Bones to actually have had a relationship that support each other rather than him just be a slightly mad lonely old man.

kristy815 wrote:
4815162342execute wrote:I felt that I was more upset at Bones the whole episode b/c of how clueless she was around Booth. Wanting to slow dance and stuff- she just seemed selfish to me. I really like Bones so I am hoping that it will pass when we get further away from 'the rejection'.

Yeah, she should have known better - she's evolved a little more than that I thought. But he did get her back a little - that was a smooth setup because he knew good and well that she'd botch telling them she was rich and successful. And he did seem to enjoy just a little bit that everyone called her Morticia. . . Or maybe I just enjoyed it. :)

I really didn't like her selfishness either, I know that she detaches herself from her emotions and expects other to do the same, but there should be a line. I hope we don't get too much more of this from her, it's what I've been worrying about since last week. I did like Booths 'get back', but again I hope that this doesn't become the norm for their relationship now :(

4815162342execute wrote:I kind of didn't like the ending though because it was almost like they've changed places - she has all those people who are 'hers' and it almost seemed like now that she's rejected him he was on the periphery. . .if that makes sense. Like you could see him coming out with them a few more times just so it wouldn't be obvious but pulling away from them pretty soon - it just didn't seem like he was part of their group exactly.

I thought the ending was a little off, but couldn't put my finger on it until I read this, you're so right! And once again I'm back to being concerned about where the story is going in the future :lol:

Angela and Wendell's break up was odd for me too, with her being such a passionate character and him hardly ever being in the show it is hard to see how their relationship really evolved or lasted tbh. I've never had any trouble remembering that Sweets and Daisy are an item but Wendell was only ever an obstacle for Hodgins as far as I can see.

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby 4815162342execute on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:30 pm

sandi wrote:I also enjoyed the episode, but it felt as thou they missed a chance to have an awesome episode on their hands. Robert Englund's role could have been so much more than a cheesy character who lived in the basement, I was expecting him and Bones to actually have had a relationship that support each other rather than him just be a slightly mad lonely old man.

Yeah you are right- I wish they could have used him more.

4815162342execute wrote: I kind of didn't like the ending though because it was almost like they've changed places - she has all those people who are 'hers' and it almost seemed like now that she's rejected him he was on the periphery. . .if that makes sense. Like you could see him coming out with them a few more times just so it wouldn't be obvious but pulling away from them pretty soon - it just didn't seem like he was part of their group exactly.

Actually Kristy was the one that said that :D- but yeah I think she has the right idea and it is kinda scary!
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:45 pm

oops, sorry bout the misquote :blush:

It is kinda scary, esp when you know what's coming up in the next couple of episodes :(

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:17 am

sandi wrote:It is kinda scary, esp when you know what's coming up in the next couple of episodes :(

yeah- I already don't think I am going to like next week's epi very much :( Do you guys know how many episodes are left on the season?
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:24 am

4815162342execute wrote:yeah- I already don't think I am going to like next week's epi very much :( Do you guys know how many episodes are left on the season?

5 more episodes left :(

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:28 am

sandi wrote:
4815162342execute wrote:yeah- I already don't think I am going to like next week's epi very much :( Do you guys know how many episodes are left on the season?

5 more episodes left :(

well they can do a lot in 5 episodes so here is hoping that it will be for the good! yeah I just realized it's finale is a couple days before Lost's- man that has potential to be a really awesome week or a really crappy week!
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]