[Official] Bones Ep. 6.23 Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Postby Sandiwich11 on Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 pm

"The Change in the Game"

9:00PM

Discuss the latest Bones episode here.

Ryan O’Neal Guest-Stars

The unidentifiable and gruesome remains of a male bowler are found lodged in the automatic pinsetter of a bowling lane. Brennan’s father, Max Keenan (guest star O’Neal), is a member of the victim’s bowling team, but currently sidelined with an injury. With no clear lead in the case, Booth and Brennan go undercover and join the very competitive bowling team in hopes of finding clues about the victim. Upon meeting the victim’s teammates, including an arrogant 12-year-old bowling prodigy, it becomes apparent there could be many suspects in the case. Meanwhile, a very pregnant Angela anticipates her labor at any moment, but continues to work diligently via webcam to identify the murder weapon from the hospital in the all-new “The Change in the Game” season finale episode of BONES.

Cast: Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille “Cam” Saroyan; John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets

Source: Fox

Bones at SpoilerTV.com

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby 4815162342execute on Fri May 20, 2011 3:52 am

Ahhhhhh!!!! :D :D :D well, I have to start at the ending and I guess we got the answer to what they did in bed and if they were writing Emily's pregnancy into the story. The bad thing about that though is that she will be pretty far along in real life by the time they shoot so I think we'll miss some of Bones and Booth's relationship. Do you really think this will lead to happily ever after for them though? Talk about going from 0 to 60 with those two :)

I liked the case- thought the outfits were quite hilarious and I really should have caught it earlier on as she was going on about the girl. Thought Angela and Hodgins were cute and done well and little Michael was so cute! :)

Thoughts are still running through my head- I want to hear what everyone else thinks!
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Re: [Official] Bones Ep. 6.23 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm

All due humility asside... But I have to say that I nailed this one on the head last week...

SmokeyD wrote:
HannaK wrote:Great, amazing episode, I really hope the season finale will to some extend show us what happened when 'Bones crawled into bed with Booth'

I have to wonder out loud if TPTB are going to use the fact that there is a question of Bones [para]"Crawling into bed" to tie into the real world fact that Emily is preggers?!?!

While I admit that on first watch I thought that they didn't/wouldn't "seal the deal", after thinking about it the idea would make matters easier to conceal Emily's fact that she is now 'in the family way'...

Although, I dunno if she was supposed to look like she already is 4-5 months, or if it was part of the "disguise" but she looked pretty pregnant already...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby cheggie on Fri May 20, 2011 8:44 pm

I have contradictory feeling. I like the baby storyline, but I feel that is was all too sudden.
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat May 21, 2011 3:50 am

I don't think she was supposed to look preggers- they only slept together weeks ago right? I was thinking it was impressive she knew that quickly.
The more i thought about it I wasn't really liking it, it seemed too fast and I felt we missed or will miss some important parts of the relationship. But as I read more interviews with producers it makes me feel a lot better about it and that it will be a cool twist.

Forgot to mention that I thought it was really sweet that Hodgella had Vincent in baby's name. That was a sweet touch. :)
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby SmokeyD on Sat May 21, 2011 6:05 am

cheggie wrote:I have contradictory feeling. I like the baby storyline, but I feel that is was all too sudden.

4815162342execute wrote:I don't think she was supposed to look preggers- they only slept together weeks ago right? I was thinking it was impressive she knew that quickly.
The more i thought about it I wasn't really liking it, it seemed too fast and I felt we missed or will miss some important parts of the relationship. But as I read more interviews with producers it makes me feel a lot better about it and that it will be a cool twist.

Forgot to mention that I thought it was really sweet that Hodgella had Vincent in baby's name. That was a sweet touch. :)

I think TPTB had only two real choices, either write Emily's real life pregnancy into the story, or to try to hide it (See Amanda Tapping... 2X).

While I agree on one hand that it did come from out of the blue, on the other hand it does force the characters to address many relationship aspects in a very rapid (9 months to be exact) manor. For years these two have been trying to hide and deny their true feelings, and now the baby will give them a real opprotunity to avoid beating around the bush so to speak.

Just the fact that it was rather fast will open up a lot more possible avenues for the two to go. Look at how much Angela and Hodgens went through? I can only think that B&B will go through even more...

So, ultimately... was it kinda sudden??? Yeah, but I think it will pay off. The only thing I worry about is that while the pregnancy will be written into the story, the baby may not be :scared: :x

Angela and Hodges have always had a drastically different relationship than Booth and Bones, and we have seen how they have handled it. I think it will be very interesting to watch as B&B go through their respective hurdles...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Sat May 21, 2011 11:02 pm

cheggie wrote:I have contradictory feeling. I like the baby storyline, but I feel that is was all too sudden.

I understand the writers almost had to turn Emilie's pregnancy into the 'change in the game' but I still agree with this post. What I really don't get is why they were so 'clingy' last episode and then this episode (until the end) there was almost nothing I get that they both are very unsure what to do with the fact that they (finally) slept together, but why were they so 'happy' last episode when they sang that song for Vincent...I just thought it was a bit weird. So that's why I am still hoping that we get a flashback to what happened that night because hopefully that would make their actions in the last two episodes a bit more clearer/believable. at least to me.
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby SmokeyD on Sun May 22, 2011 12:38 am

HannaK wrote:So that's why I am still hoping that we get a flashback to what happened that night because hopefully that would make their actions in the last two episodes a bit more clearer/believable. at least to me.

Yeah, I wanna see more too... :whistle:

It reminds me of an old joke, "No, I don't have any pictures of the birth... But here are a couple pictures from the conception!!!!!"

:PP :P :rofl: :roll: :w00t: :cool: :thumbup: :thumbsup:

<rimshot>... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby 4815162342execute on Sun May 22, 2011 2:18 am

Haha Smokey!! Yeah, this will be a lot different than Angela an Hodgins so I think that will he a good thing. Shaking it up. Looking forward to see what's going to happen.

Sent using Tapatalk
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Sun May 22, 2011 6:52 pm

SmokeyD wrote:
HannaK wrote:So that's why I am still hoping that we get a flashback to what happened that night because hopefully that would make their actions in the last two episodes a bit more clearer/believable. at least to me.

Yeah, I wanna see more too... :whistle:

:whistle: I meant the talking part obviously (if they did any) but not really though
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby SmokeyD on Sun May 22, 2011 9:05 pm

For as much as I have been an advocate of 'seeing' things... I am gonna let this one slide.

I do not wan't to see David's butt... :w00t:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Tue May 31, 2011 2:16 am

Pretty good episode. I'm not sure I liked the ending. . .it seemed. . .out of character somehow. Brennan just strikes me as the sort of woman who is diligent about birth control. I know she was out of sorts, but still. . .
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 am

kristy815 wrote:Pretty good episode. I'm not sure I liked the ending. . .it seemed. . .out of character somehow. Brennan just strikes me as the sort of woman who is diligent about birth control. I know she was out of sorts, but still. . .

Yeah, I see her being pretty diligent too so I wonder if it really happened that night or if there is something else that happened. Bones has been known to trick us before. Don't get me wrong, I think the baby is real and coming but maybe the conception is different than what we think. Or they just wanted to write the pregnancy into the storyline because of Emily so they let Brennan forget. Not cool we have to wait so long to really find out :(

Sent using Tapatalk
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]