Bones return: Fox Announces Fall Premiere Dates

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Postby cjsmiles1 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Fox has just announced the fall premiere dates- and I fear Bones fans may be a little disappointed!

"The crime-solving team from the Jeffersonian returns for all-new episodes of Bones Thursday, Nov. 3 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – once the MLB 2011 World Series concludes."

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/fox-an ... z1Q7gK8Q71

Yes- you read that right- original episodes of Bones will not be back on our TVs until November 3rd-- 133 days from now!

Although I for one am sad to have to wait that long- I am happy that our episodes will have less starts and restarts because of various breaks like the World Series.

My only question is- how many episodes will season 7 contain? Bones was picked up for a fill season- but the actual number of episodes has yet to be released. And- how will The Finder fit in?
cjsmiles1
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby 4815162342execute on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:20 am

Well, this is why its going to be so late. Not ideal but better I do like uninterrupted seasons better so in some ways it's kinda good.

"It's not that Fox wouldn't like to have Bones on earlier. But with star Emily Deschanel (and her onscreen alter ego) pregnant, it wouldn't be surprising if producers wanted to give her as much time off as possible. What's more, the combination of the launch of The X Factor (it will air two-hour episodes on Thursdays early in its run) and the fact that Game 2 of the World Series will be a week earlier this year (on October 20) combined to make a November debut a more attractive option. (UPDATE: Bones creator Hart Hanson just told us he's "oddly -- and uncharacteristically --... OK with this push to airing in November. For one thing, the Fox honchos were good about explaining their programming logic so... I understand that it's not slapdash or ill-considered. But this year the late premiere works for us in that it will probably allow us to air the six episodes we are likely to be able to shoot before Emily has her baby. If we started earlier, we would not be able to supply enough episodes to get us to Christmas. My personal bias is to run as many episodes as possible in the same time slot in an unbroken string, which the late premier allows us to do." In other words, dear Bones fans, you can hold off on the hate e-mails to Fox.)"

From: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... _to_w.html

Sent using Tapatalk
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Re: Bones return: Fox Announces Fall Premiere Dates

Postby cheggie on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 pm

That's a long wait but we'll be there on November, 3
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby kristy815 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:18 pm

I kind of like that better than all those skips they had last year. It makes it easier to follow when they show them in a row like that. :)
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby cjsmiles1 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Absolutely- all of the skips last year were annoying! My only question- is how are they going to "fit in" a full season starting in November and then taking 13 weeks ""off for the Finder (and for maternity leave)?
cjsmiles1
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Somewhere, I think I read something about that somewhere. . .oh yeah, here:

http://tvtango.com/news/detail/id/332

Question: How are you going to incorporate Emily's pregnancy into the series? Will she be covering up a bump or will this be the game changing thing at the end of the season?

Hart Hanson: Well, those are big Season Seven questions, and I don't want to obfuscate too much, but we have a lot of decisions to make as we move forward into Season Seven. Season Seven would probably be a curtailed season in some respects. We don't know how much yet. We have a lot of things to figure out about how to deal with Emily's pregnancy, never mind anything we decide to do with Brennan. And there are an infinite number of ways we could deal with the pregnancy. We can hide it. We can not hide it.

We have a plan right now. I'm going to be stubborn about saying what our plan is going into Season Seven. We're shooting the final episode of Season Six right now, and we've had no cause to show or hide much of Emily. She's not showing all that much yet. That will happen soon, but if I told you how we were going to proceed into Season Seven, it would give you too much information on how we intend to get out of Season Six.

And this:

Question: You mentioned how Emily's pregnancy might result in a "curtailed" Season Seven. Do you mean it might start later? There might be fewer episodes? Emily might be in fewer episodes?

Hart Hanson: All of the above. We're still contending with the effects of Emily's pregnancy on the show. For example, one possibility would have been for us, if we had enough scripts in the pipeline, to keep going through this summer instead of taking a hiatus and then take the hiatus when Emily was unable to work and have her baby. We don't have any scripts in the pipeline because we haven't been picked up for Season Seven, but there's any number of range of possibilities as to what we would do. Do we do shows without Emily? Do we simply shutdown when Emily's not available and thus do 16 or 18 episodes or do we do a few episodes without her? These are all choices that we have to make.

I'm ready to pitch a bunch of alternatives to the network but of course, we haven't had those conversations yet. We've had creative conversations on how to get out of Season Six but we haven't had any creative conversations or production conversations with the network about how to get in to Season Seven. We of course have had multiple production conversations with the studio but in the end, the network will weigh in heavily on—for example, were we to do four episodes without Emily, is the network interested in that for BONES or does their testing show that that would hurt the show? Those are all conversations we haven't had yet that I just have to be ready for any one of those contingencies, what the BONES show will look like in Season Seven.

So, maybe fewer episodes but it is being planned that way so it'll be a tighter story. . .hopefully!
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]