[Official] 4x14 "Hero in the Hold" Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] 4x14 "Hero in the Hold" Discussion

Postby kristy815 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:48 am

The gravedigger is back! But he seemed to instinctively know that no grave would hold Booth (at least it didn't when he was Angel). Booth finds himself inside a yellow submarine inside the hold of a ship inside a freighter that's wired with plastic explosives and filled with, uh, toys.

Brennan finds herself all dressed up with no place to go when a call comes in on her mobile phone telling her that Booth will die if she doesn't turn over the evidence that's missing from the Gravedigger case. And why is the evidence missing you ask? Because we discover that Hodgins took it. And he isn't very excited about giving it back even if Booth's life is on the line.

Murder and Mayhem ensue. . . .

Discuss. . . .
Last edited by kristy815 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode Discussion: Hero in the Hold

Postby Rosalind on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:08 am

Cool! An episode discussion thread :thumbup: Thanks Kristy :thumbsup:

I've been looking forward to this one-I'll be watching this episode when I get in from work later this evening- will post my thoughts then :D
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Re: [Official] 4x14 "Hero in the Hold" Discussion

Postby kristy815 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Did anyone else feel like whoever wrote this one was a Lost fan? I mean, we had the helicopter moment, an exploding freighter, a ghost guiding the way, cameras hidden in the trees, and main characters keeping secrets from each other. . . it was like deja vu all over again.

Favorite Moments:

The cocky belt buckle detonating the explosives.

"Haven't you ever loved a woman and not told her?" (or something like that)

And the helicopter reunion. . . awwwww!

Booth Light in handcuffs telling Brennan it was worth it if it saved Seeley.

And finding out that the soldier was named Parker. . .that was nice.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:35 am

kristy815 wrote:Favorite Moments:

The cocky belt buckle detonating the explosives.

"Haven't you ever loved a woman and not told her?" (or something like that)

And the helicopter reunion. . . awwwww!

Booth Light in handcuffs telling Brennan it was worth it if it saved Seeley.

And finding out that the soldier was named Parker. . .that was nice.

I have to agree- these were my favorite moments too- I really liked that we see who parker was named after and that he came to help Booth :) I thought of LOST with the helicopter/freighter scene but I am sure LOST isn't the first show to have an exploding ship with a helicopter flying away ;)

I wonder how much trouble they will all be in- including Booth Light (I love that name for him)

And so glad that they finally found the gravedigger and thought it was cool when Brennan wacked her pretty good with that briefcase :D
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Rosalind on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 am

Good synopsis Kristy :D
Bones was rocking the Audrey Hepburn look- but I'm not sure about Angela's costume O.o
I'm also not sure what Hodgins thought he was doing-that was an odd character move- does that fit in with what we've seen of Hodgins in the past? (lol, Zacks influence?)

I agree, finding out who Parker is name after was a sweet moment :cry:

and finding out the gravedigger is actually a woman was a nice twist too. I love it that cast members from The Wire are popping up all over the place....

:thumbsup:
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby kristy815 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:01 pm

4815162342execute wrote:I have to agree- these were my favorite moments too- I really liked that we see who parker was named after and that he came to help Booth :) I thought of LOST with the helicopter/freighter scene but I am sure LOST isn't the first show to have an exploding ship with a helicopter flying away ;)

True, I'm sure it's been done a time or two, :) . It makes for a really dramatic scene so I didn't mind even if they did borrow the idea.

Rosalind wrote:I'm also not sure what Hodgins thought he was doing-that was an odd character move- does that fit in with what we've seen of Hodgins in the past? (lol, Zacks influence?)
:thumbsup:

I thought that was a little out of character too. Not so much that he stole it, he's always been a little subversive. But the fact that he was so opposed to turning it over when Booth was in danger. I hope they aren't going to turn him into a bad guy too. I still miss Zack. :cry:
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby lostieg on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:28 pm

I enjoyed this episode, nice change in pace from previous episodes, focusing more on Booth, and ending up as usual catching the bad guy.
lostieg
Viewer

Postby bloo98 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:13 am

Enjoyed this episode too! Definitely different but still enjoyable. I like how the entire team pitched in and try to save Booth there... ;)
bloo98
Extra

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:17 am

I watched and liked this episode. I might have to start watching more of Bones in the future.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby msbonnier on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:58 am

I definitely did love this episode, but to me, it certainly didn't live up to the same hype as Aliens in a Spaceship did. I loved the special moments, but the slight redundancy of the plot didn't do much for me. lol And I guess the funniest thing for me was the fact that after Aliens in a Spaceship, Fox had put up the summary of the episode on its Bones website, but on the website, it gave away who was the gravedigger - as if there was a scene of them catching her, but it never showed in that episode. It disappeared a bit later, and lo and behold, it ended up in this one. Go figure!

I absolutely loved the B/B hug at the end. It was different than their usual hugs - the way she buried her head in his neck/shoulder. Loved it. Definitely my favorite part :)

I'm still hoping for one of the amazing, heart throbbing episodes to arise again - we havn't really gotten one this season (one like Two Bodies in the Lab, Woman in Limbo, Wannabee in the Weeds, Pain in the Heart, etc). I guess we'll see what comes at us!
msbonnier
Viewer

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]