[Official] Chuck Ep. 3.13 Discussion

General discussion for 'Chuck'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Chuck Ep. 3.13 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Chuck Vs. The Other Guy

8pm

Discuss This Episode Here

"CHUCK"

"CHUCK VERSUS THE OTHER GUY"

04/05/2010 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Monday) : CHUCK QUESTIONS SHAW'S EMOTIONAL WELL-BEINGBRANDON ROUTH ("SUPERMAN RETURNS") GUEST STARSChuck (Zachary Levi), Sarah (Yvonne Strahvoski) and Shaw (guest star Brandon Routh) reunite to find the Ring operative behind the death of Shaw's wife. Sarah has faith that Shaw is ready for the mission but Chuck is worried about his emotional stability. Meanwhile, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) considers leaving the Buy More. Adam Baldwin, Scott Krinsky, Vik Sahay and Mark Christopher Lawrence also star.

Promo
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Chuck Ep. 3.13 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:01 am

Freakin' great.

I loved it. It would have made an excellent finale. :thumbup:

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Lol at Anna being back.....I guess they got a bigger budget for the last 6 episodes.

I hope the real finale is as good as this one would have been.

We have a 3 week break now............

I hope it gets renewed for season 4 though!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Nick on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:02 am

Awesome awesome episode. And Shaw is most definitely GONE! :D

I just hope they don't keep on pushing with this stupid will they or won't they business anymore, as it seems like they have, um, solidified, their relationship. :P They have stretched the will they or won't they thing to the max.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Iceman on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:05 am

Nick wrote:I just hope they don't keep on pushing with this stupid will they or won't they business anymore, as it seems like they have, um, solidified, their relationship. :P They have stretched the will they or won't they thing to the max.

That is a big part of the show. I think as long as the show goes on, that will be a part of it.

Just like Ross and Rachel in Friends, and the triangle in Lost, and Shawn and Juliet in Psych....they keep it going because people like that aspect of the show.

I agree with you though, I wish it would stop, but I don't think it will :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby DharmaLager on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:29 am

Amazing episode. As it was stated earlier, had this been the Season finale, it would have been a spectacular ending. Obviously, I'm hopeful for a 4th season, but it seems they designed this episode perfectly "just in case". It continues the story beautifully, but had it come to an end, it would have left fans with some kind of closure on Chuck and Sarah (though I'm sure that will change sooner than later).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Jack91 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:00 pm

I like the episode overall, exept for a few things. The whole Morgan being part of the team was fun, exept when it was no longer a joke and made "official" by Beckman. What could Morgan possibly do to not be ridiculous? But I'm guessing it will be his role, being the dumb/scared member of the team to replace Chuck's role in the first two seasons.

Sarah and Chuck finally happenning... the twist they used before "Oh no I can't love you, you killed someone and you changed" was kinda idiotic since he killed Shaw and she didn't seem bothered at all by it. I mean if she SHOULD be bothered by something, it would definatly be Shaw's murder instead of a random spy a couple episodes ago (the fact that Shaw and Chuck worked together for a while should count for something...) Otherwise I'm kinda glad they finally got it over with, the will they wont they got kinda boring after 3 seasons.

The only part I hated was the one in Paris. I'm guessing none of the producers have ever been here, or if they did it was 50 years ago. I live in Paris, and I was shocked to see the set for the scene. Paris is definatly NOT an empty pavement street with a cafe and 50 years old cars, and it kinda ruined the scene for me.

So the old team is back together, with a useless addition, looks promising! They get to keep going with the action/comedy/romance with this, and that's why I liked this show in the first place.
Jack91
Viewer

Postby SmokeyD on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:02 pm

Iceman815 wrote:Freakin' great.
I loved it. It would have made an excellent finale. :thumbup:

Iceman815 wrote: I hope it gets renewed for season 4 though!

If you took the part about Morgan out then I would have thought it was the finale...

It is almost like they gave too much (Is that really possible???), But it does concern me that they may have peaked too early (Where can they go from here?), although I can't see how they could have done it any differently either though...

It's gonna be a long 3 weeks, and with the ratings they have been getting recently I'd say there is a pretty good chance we get a 4th season...

Although:
Where did we get info about Hanna (Or Anna Wu for that mattter) coming back though?, I still don't trust her. I think she will be more of a spoiler to Chuck and Sarah's new relationship...

Also, Sarah "I appreciated the tank"... too funny... :rofl:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 pm

SmokeyD wrote:Although:
Where did we get info about Hanna (Or Anna Wu for that mattter) coming back though?, I still don't trust her. I think she will be more of a spoiler to Chuck and Sarah's new relationship...

It was in the promo for whats next. Anna, I mean. Don't know about Hanna....
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Joshua on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Great episode!! :D

Come on, everyone is rooting for Chuck + Sarah, even if it is overplayed :D :thumbsup: :wub:

How is it that Sarah is so damn attractive even when drugged :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :wub: :wub:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby JediChewy on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I hated the episode. Probably one of the worse. I'm so tired of the Chuck+Sarah that now that they are together the feeling is all lost. I mean obviously they'll end up together. I think they should have kept Shaw a good guy til the end and have him die another way, like tragically somehow. It just was so out of character for all of them for me and too quick to deal with. I don't like the idea Morgan is a spy that easily. I like that he can be a spy, but the whole show was just too quick in change of story. I'm guessing because they want to wrap things up,
but yeah, glad Anna will be back.
Last edited by Iceman on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoilers
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:33 pm

I believe it was mentioned, but Morgan essentially will take over Chuck's Season 1 role. Chuck, meanwhile, is still imperfect, but ultimately gets the job done. I admit it seemed an odd request of Casey, but I imagine he felt he owed him after his "you've got the Buy More attitude" speech...
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Iceman815 wrote:
SmokeyD wrote:Although:

It was in the promo for whats next. Anna, I mean. Don't know about Hanna....

Thanks for that Iceman :thumbup:

I am a late comer, so I don't know that much about her... I confused her with Hanna...

DharmaLager wrote:I believe it was mentioned, but Morgan essentially will take over Chuck's Season 1 role. Chuck, meanwhile, is still imperfect, but ultimately gets the job done. I admit it seemed an odd request of Casey, but I imagine he felt he owed him after his "you've got the Buy More attitude" speech...

I wonder if they are gonna drop an intersect in him (Morgan) :O... Or, the magic sunglasses that that other dude (sry, can't remember his name... Yosh???) invented and was trying to sell at Weap-Con???? :S
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Just wanted to say that I absolutely loved the episode, it was amazing!! Only thing that bothered me was Morgan getting to be a spy, but perhaps that storyline'll actually work out, I dunno.
And Chuck and Sarah, finally!!! :wub:
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Oyerth on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 pm

It was a pretty good episode. I'm so glad Shaw is dead. I thought he was really annoying. :p
I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool.
Oyerth
Extra

Postby Suit and Tie on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:14 am

HannaK wrote:Just wanted to say that I absolutely loved the episode, it was amazing!! Only thing that bothered me was Morgan getting to be a spy, but perhaps that storyline'll actually work out, I dunno.
And Chuck and Sarah, finally!!! :wub:

I assumed Morgan was going to be an analyst, but a spy could be cool too.
Suit and Tie
Stunt Double

Next

Return to Chuck Discussion [No spoilers!]