[Official] Chuck Ep. 3.15 Discussion

General discussion for 'Chuck'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Chuck Ep. 3.15 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Mon May 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Chuck Versus The Role Models

8pm

Discuss This Episode Here

"CHUCK"

"CHUCK VERSUS THE ROLE MODELS"

05/03/2010 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Monday) : CHUCK AND SARAH TRAIN WITH A MARRIED CIA TEAM - FRED WILLARD ("ANCHORMAN") AND SWOOSIE KURTZ ("PUSHING DAISIES") GUEST STAR - Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) are assigned to train under Craig and Laura Turner (guest stars Fred Willard, "Anchorman" and Swoosie Kurtz, "Pushing Daisies"), a married CIA team who, despite their impeccable record, hate one another. The Turners' stormy relationship forces Chuck and Sarah to wonder if they're doomed with the same fate. Meanwhile, Casey (Adam Baldwin) must train the newest member of the team - Morgan (Joshua Gomez). Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin and Mark Christopher Lawrence also star.

Promo
Promo 2
Sneak Peek
Promo Pics
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Chuck Ep. 3.15 Discussion

Postby DharmaLager on Tue May 04, 2010 2:11 am

Pretty decent episode tonight. I admit, it was weird at first with Chuck and Sarah so at ease with kissing each other until I came to the realization that...this is the new normal.

That being said, I don't think the show will suffer with Chuck and Sarah finally together. I actually applaud the show for putting them together and not making us wait any longer. I think they'll run with it well, with some bumps in the road along the way.

Needless to say, I'm up for all the fun speculation in regards to what the Ring is up to with Awesome and Ellie.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Tue May 04, 2010 3:18 am

Nice episode. I loved Swoosie Kurtz and Fred Willard as the guest stars. :)

During the episode I was kind of getting sick of the Doctors Without Borders thing but the ending kind of brought more meaning to it and made me enjoy it a little bit more as a whole.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Iceman on Tue May 04, 2010 3:21 am

It was good. My only problem is that if the show gets canceled, what kind of resolution can it have in 4 episodes?

Oh and about next week

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooc!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby SmokeyD on Tue May 04, 2010 11:25 am

While it had it's good points. I guess I am just not feeling the love for this one... :cry: ...

The tiger sniffing the peep hole was pretty darn funny :lol:, But the rest was just kinda OK... O.o

The Ring twist at the end was pretty good though, and I also agree with you Nick that it helped me understand why they were spending so much time with Ellie & Awesome.

But one thing though... Last time I checked, wasn't SAT phone are time obscenely expensive??? I mean it used to be that for as much as Ellie called Chuck, you could have new bought a car :w00t: ...

I am thinking the Ring may be targeting Awesome/Ellie in an effort to draw Chuck out. And it will also setup whatever so that Chuck finally has to tell Ellie that he is a spy, since she is the only one now who doesn't' know...

I feel pretty good that the show will be renewed though. According to TV by the Numbers:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/27/ch ... ings/49731

But, what I don't understand (as the headline states) is how Heroes can be improving??? :S There hasn't been a new show since February, and the finale was pretty weak IMHO.

The only way that makes any sense is that the rest of NBC is getting worse?!?!? :S
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Tue May 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Just saw the episode, not the best ep of the season but also not the worst. Sarah&Chuck being all happy together gets some getting used to but I like it. All the 'Africa' scenes seemed a bit unreal to me but the ending definitely made up for that!
Can't wait for next weeks episode!

@SmokeyD yeah you're actually right
quote from the site: (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/27/ch ... ings/49731)

"looking just at the new episode spring ratings for NBC shows indicates to me that Heroes, as far as it has fallen in the spring, hasn’t fallen far enough relative to other NBC shows to completely count it out. For that reason, I’m changing my assessment of it back to “some danger of being canceled”."
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby SmokeyD on Tue May 04, 2010 10:18 pm

HannaK wrote:Just saw the episode, not the best ep of the season but also not the worst. Sarah&Chuck being all happy together gets some getting used to but I like it. All the 'Africa' scenes seemed a bit unreal to me but the ending definitely made up for that!
Can't wait for next weeks episode!

@SmokeyD yeah you're actually right
quote from the site: (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/27/ch ... ings/49731)

"looking just at the new episode spring ratings for NBC shows indicates to me that Heroes, as far as it has fallen in the spring, hasn’t fallen far enough relative to other NBC shows to completely count it out. For that reason, I’m changing my assessment of it back to “some danger of being canceled”."

Maybe a case of 'Abcense makes the heart grow fonder', but if it does come back, they really need to step it up. Or wind it down really well. I have seen when shows that have a decent idea (Dollhouse for one), that even when they know the end is coming, they just couldn't seem to give it a proper send off...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Wed May 05, 2010 6:48 pm

A fairly decent episode.

Was worried they were bringing in a new love interest for Ellie, which would've been out of character. Didn't see him being the Ring coming :D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Thu May 06, 2010 2:24 am

PenguinJosh wrote:A fairly decent episode.

Was worried they were bringing in a new love interest for Ellie, which would've been out of character. Didn't see him being the Ring coming :D

I had the same feeling. I was actually relieved when it turned out to be a ring agent. Not sure why I even fell for that possibility seeing as Captain Awesome and her have been together as a married couple less than one season...the Ring still hasn't done anything that's made me impressed by them, so I'm looking forward to them looking more dangerous than Fulcrum...

Fulcrum seemed like a much more active evil spy agency.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Return to Chuck Discussion [No spoilers!]