Are you ready for season 4?

General discussion for 'Chuck'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Are you ready for season 4?

Postby Iceman on Fri May 14, 2010 3:23 am

Well you better be.

NBC just renewed it. ;) http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/05/chuck- ... eason.html

Im glad NBC doesnt stand for Not Broadcasting Chuck :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Are you ready for season 4?

Postby DharmaLager on Fri May 14, 2010 3:42 am

Just saw that...needless to say I'm excited and disappointed at the same time. I was hoping it would get a full season order, but much like this season it's better than no Chuck at all. I feel like the show this season has been strong, but the 13 episode order sometimes means the storyline suffers slightly in transitioning from the first half to the second half.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Fri May 14, 2010 3:45 am

NBC has the option to order "The Back 9" if they like what they see, or if they need more etc.

The problem is the writers will have to plan for 13, and then start a new arc on The Back 9 (if they get it) kind of like what happened with this season. They have a new story for 6 episodes.

But, a full season is still possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby DharmaLager on Fri May 14, 2010 4:02 am

That's what I meant (whether I made that clear, I'm not sure...so my bad there).

It bugs me b/c it turns arguably into two seasons. It's fair to say that the second arc builds off the first arc, but the first arc would be improved if given the time to truly grow and not have to rush anything. As I said though...13 episodes of Chuck is better than no Chuck.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Graphix300 on Fri May 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Firstly, I would just like to say.....WAHOO! YES, YES, YES!.......I know the renewal was likely anyway, but I always prepare for the worst until the official anouncement. Now we can relax :)

I'm quite happy with 13 episodes. I think (for the next season in particular) fewer episodes might be a blessing in disguise. Chucks life is a bit less complicated these days (he finally has sarah and more people know his secret). So it must be harder on the writers to come up with stuff to fill episodes with. But with only 13 episodes the writers will have more room to breath. I would prefer 13 great episodes then 22 ok ones.

But then again, if the "back 9" kicks in, I won't complain. I can never get enough Chuck :thumbsup:
Last edited by Graphix300 on Fri May 14, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Graphix300
Viewer

Postby Dreyesbo on Fri May 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Just as Graphix, first of all...YES! No more Subways, and no more biting our nails to find out.

And I like the (for now) 13 episode order. I feel that after this year, the writers learned from their mistakes, and they'll pace the season better. And well, during both of Season 2 and Season 3, the network ordered more episodes before a single one ever aired, so there's that possibility.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Joshua on Fri May 14, 2010 8:58 pm

YAY!!!

Woop woop :thumbsup: :wub:

More Yvonne is always a good thing :w00t: :w00t:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby HannaK on Fri May 14, 2010 11:51 pm

:w00t: YAY for Chuck season 4!
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby DharmaLager on Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 am

Dreyesbo wrote:Just as Graphix, first of all...YES! No more Subways, and no more biting our nails to find out.

And I like the (for now) 13 episode order. I feel that after this year, the writers learned from their mistakes, and they'll pace the season better. And well, during both of Season 2 and Season 3, the network ordered more episodes before a single one ever aired, so there's that possibility.

Valid point. The writers perhaps will better plan for a potential back nine and that would certainly help any transition and make sure there's no "rushing" of any storylines. For the record, I'm not complaining about this season.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby SmokeyD on Sat May 15, 2010 1:43 pm

DharmaLager wrote:
Dreyesbo wrote:Just as Graphix, first of all...YES! No more Subways, and no more biting our nails to find out.

Valid point. The writers perhaps will better plan for a potential back nine and that would certainly help any transition and make sure there's no "rushing" of any storylines. For the record, I'm not complaining about this season.

Do we have confirmation of a 'Subway-less' Chuck though? Don't get me wrong, I think Subway's are pretty much the incarnate of Satan on every street corner, but there has always been a 'Happy Gilmore' like vibe everytime they try to over reach to plug the plug in somewhere.

13 episodes would be great, and if the writers need ideas for an extra 6-9 episodes they could always just have Yvonne walk around in a camisole for 42 minutes...

I'd watch!!!! :w00t: :wub: :thumbsup: :thumbup:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Graphix300 on Sun May 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Does anyone know anything about the budget this season? I know NBC had it reduced significantly this season as a condition for renewal, forcing the show to promote subways.

Will season 4 have a full budget again?
Graphix300
Viewer

Postby DharmaLager on Wed May 19, 2010 1:02 am

Great question on the budget. I, unfortunately, have no answers. If they were forced to cut their budget again, I'd be angry. I think they did a good job with the budget they had this year so they should at least be able to keep that.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby JediChewy on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:08 pm

I think Chuck should be turned into a movie. But anyway, what more is there to talk about after all that has happened in 3? The sister becoming a spy-like was predictable. But without the dad, it sucks.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby Iceman on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:43 pm

JediChewy wrote: But without the dad, it sucks.

I don't know if we've seen the last of him.

I mean Bryce died like 3 times, he kept popping up :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Joshua on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:41 am

Watching Scrubs today, I never before realised Sarah Lancaster (Ellie) plays Gift Shop Girl :PP

[/off topic]

So err yeah, Season 4 :D Woo!
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Chuck Discussion [No spoilers!]