[Official] Chuck Ep. 3.17 Discussion

General discussion for 'Chuck'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Chuck Ep. 3.17 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Tue May 18, 2010 12:51 am

Chuck Vs. The Living Dead

8pm

Discuss This Episode Here

CHUCK TRIES TO KEEP HIS SPY LIFE SECRET FROM HIS FATHER — SCOTT BAKULA (”QUANTUM LEAP”) GUEST STARS — After his last dream, Chuck (Zachary Levi) asks Morgan (Joshua Gomez) to help him on a side mission. Their investigation becomes complicated when Stephen J. Bartowski (guest star Scott Bakula) returns and learns that Chuck downloaded the Intersect 2.0. Luckily, Chuck’s father may be able to help his son. Yvonne Strahovski, Adam Baldwin, Ryan McPartlin, Scott Krinsky, Vik Sahay and Mark Christopher Lawrence also star.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Chuck Ep. 3.17 Discussion

Postby Nick on Tue May 18, 2010 2:33 am

So Shaw is alive? That's a bit of a stretch IMO, but whatever, I suppose it'll be cool to see what he brings to the show.

And I'm really liking the Ellie storyline. It's like the show has finally learned to make use of her character other than for her to be chilling around the house.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Dreyesbo on Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 am

They brought Bryce back after getting shot too, and even then we saw the body, and all...Shaw at least went into the river when we last saw him. And by the way, I love that Morgan said "He felt into the river? He's obviously alive!", using movie logic.

A good episode. Started slow, but got better. The cliffhanger was awesome, something I've wanted for a long time. A more physical threat to Chuck and the gang (Bryce being the last one), and someone with Chuck's skill, but no morals. Awesome.

And, unlike you Nick, I didn't like Ellie's storyline. I'm all for making her active, but I hate the narrative device of creating tension because she knows substantially less than everyone else. Same goes with the device of creating tension by lying with no reason, as Chuck did in this episode (and the last one, by telling Sarah he's okay).
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Graphix300 on Tue May 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Firstly I just have to say I think they over used that dramatic piano tune in the editing (at least i think it was a piano?). Whenever any of the characters had a serious moment, we would hear a piano in the background. After hearing it about 5 times it got really annoying. Remember when Chuck was filled with lots of cool alternative music?

Other than that i didn't I think it was generally an OK episode. Plenty of jeffster which is always good :) The Ellie subplot was obviously for the sole purpose of setting up the finale, which looks awsome judging from the promo so I had no complaints about it. I must say though, I never thought that I would see ELLIE KNOCKOUT CASEY!

I'm a little confused though about how Orion knew all about the intersect 2.0. Since last time we saw him, he didn't even know it existed.

My funniest moment: Earth, Wind, & Fire AND RAIN! lol
Last edited by Graphix300 on Tue May 18, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graphix300
Viewer

Postby Dreyesbo on Tue May 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Orion made some modifications to the Intersect 2.0, on the condition that the CIA must leave the Bartowski family alone. He told so to Bryce in the S2 finale.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Graphix300 on Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Dreyesbo wrote:Orion made some modifications to the Intersect 2.0, on the condition that the CIA must leave the Bartowski family alone. He told so to Bryce in the S2 finale.

Oh yeah, forgot about that! Thanks.
Graphix300
Viewer

Postby Joshua on Tue May 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Average episode... Jeffster need rid of, they're not funny and they waste screen time. Let's get some fresh Buy More meat.

Chuck's dad ... annoying.

Really like the Ellie storyline though :)
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Tue May 18, 2010 11:07 pm

So, Pangy, you hated the parts I liked, and viceversa. Typical :P

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Wed May 19, 2010 1:00 am

I love Bakula as Chuck's dad, but I wasn't feeling him this episode. I think i'll feel differently in the finale.

As for the episode, it was a great set-up for what looks to be an awesome finale.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby SmokeyD on Wed May 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Nick wrote:And I'm really liking the Ellie storyline. It's like the show has finally learned to make use of her character other than for her to be chilling around the house.

Dreyesbo wrote:And, unlike you Nick, I didn't like Ellie's storyline. I'm all for making her active, but I hate the narrative device of creating tension because she knows substantially less than everyone else. Same goes with the device of creating tension by lying with no reason, as Chuck did in this episode (and the last one, by telling Sarah he's okay).

PenguinJosh wrote:Average episode... Jeffster need rid of, they're not funny and they waste screen time. Let's get some fresh Buy More meat.

Chuck's dad ... annoying.

Really like the Ellie storyline though :)

I have to side with Dreyesbo on this one (With all due respect Nick/Josh), I wish they would have handled her differently.

But, I agree that Scott Bakula is not giving 100% though, I almost get more of a 'rainman' vibe...

And, I have never been a fan of The Jeffster (Especially since Fight Club :thumbsdown: ), and I doubt can start now...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Thu May 20, 2010 2:07 am

Dreyesbo wrote:So, Pangy, you hated the parts I liked, and viceversa. Typical :P

As long as we love each other, right? :wub: :wub:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Thu May 20, 2010 3:50 am

Jeffster can be useful, but I do agree in this one they dragged a little. I would have rather seen more of some of the other storylines going on. I would be lying if I didn't say I enjoy Jeffster the majority of the time.

Speaking of lying, the excess lying from Chuck has been annoying. He still technically hasn't told her everything as it is and that will likely hit hard later (in the finale I'd assume).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Return to Chuck Discussion [No spoilers!]