[Official] Chuck Ep. 5.12 Discussion

General discussion for 'Chuck'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Chuck Ep. 5.12 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:45 am

"Chuck Versus Sarah"
"Chuck Versus the Goodbye"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Chuck Episode here.

After a harrowing mission, Sarah returns to Chuck (Zachary Levi) with a huge secret. Meanwhile, Ellie and Awesome are presented with a new opportunity that could change their lives.

Chuck enlists his family, friend and some unexpected allies as he races to stop Nicholas Quinn from destroying everything Chuck has built over the past five years.

Check out Chuck on SpoilerTV
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Chuck Ep. 5.12 Discussion

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Who's ready? It's a bummer that one of my favorite shows will be going away (between Lost, Chuck and my lack of confident that Fringe will be staying around, I need to have a lot of faith in OUAT and Alcatrez.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm not, and I don't mean because I haven't seen the latest episodes yet. Chuck is such an awesome show and it's a shame it's not as popular/well known as it should be. What makes it sadder is that the Chuck facebook page is so involved that it keeps posting say videos and goodbye which makes me :(

Hoping for an awesome finale, but really gonna miss it. Season 5 so far has been excellent so maybe it's a good thing they knew it was finishing.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:50 am

Those goodbye videos have been sad. Here's to hoping everyone is active in here tonight.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:33 am

Wow - full thoughts tomorrow - for now, wow.

Long live the Nerd Herd. Long live the Buy More. Long live the intersect.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Leroi22 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:20 am

LOVED the finale, all the callbacks were absolutely stellar!!!!!!!

BUT....

The final five minutes, with Sarah not remembering anything left me uneasy....did the kiss restore her memories? Some concrete evidence would have been wonderful. :unsure:

Is she still leaving Burbank and traveling to "find herself", leaving Chuck there all by himself?
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby DharmaLager on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Leroi22 wrote:LOVED the finale, all the callbacks were absolutely stellar!!!!!!!

BUT....

The final five minutes, with Sarah not remembering anything left me uneasy....did the kiss restore her memories? Some concrete evidence would have been wonderful. :unsure:

Is she still leaving Burbank and traveling to "find herself", leaving Chuck there all by himself?

Here's my impression (and naturally, it's just that - I don't know anything special, haha)

Chuck didn't initiate the kiss, Sarah did. If she was leaving - Chuck would have been the one initating the kiss with her hesitant. Instead, she wanted it. We already saw her memories slowly coming back - to me, it was a sign that she was remembering, and through Chuck, Sarah would remember again, falling in love with him one more time along the way until she remembered it all.

I'll end noting I also was a hopeless romantic growing up - so perhaps my vision may be more optimistic than others - but that's how I took it.

You can also read this:

Post Finale Interview: http://chucktv.net/2012/01/27/chris-fed ... e-secrets/
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Leroi22 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Good insight Dharma, I have started thinking that way too after I let it digest a bit. An extremely positive viewpoint that I read was that Morgan WAS right, the kiss worked. As you notice Sarah didn't stop kissing him, which leads me to believe she was remembering everything. I would have LOVED a flash forward scene to them living in that house with kids, and everyone is over for thanksgiving or Christmas or something, but this way actually DOES allow them to do a season 6 if they get picked up. :thumbsup:

Or a movie.....that would be epic!!
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:40 pm

She remembered, or is in the process of remembering. She is staying with Chuck.
No one is telling me otherwise. My heart can't take it.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Wow, that was brilliant.

In some ways, I might have preferred Sarah remembering at the end of 5x12 so that in the final episode they were all together again for one last episode, but I really liked how it turned out.

The callbacks and Beckman saying if they ever wanted to save the world again she'd be waiting... nice nod from the writers there!

And regards to Sarah, of course she remembered in the end, or at least, that's what I'll take from it :wub: :wub:

I can't believe it's over :cry:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:23 am

It's nice to see we're all not having a "Lost" reaction to this one.

I will be writing a full-fledged review in here - hopefully within the next week - but I really was blown away at how many little cues they took to give a nod back to past moments in Chuck. So well done - some very clever one that were easy to miss as well.

Ultimately though - yes, it's made very clear that Chuck and Sarah are going to be fine. I'm not in the "she remembered" boat - as in, it all just came back - but I think she's staying and clearly knows this is where she's supposed to be. I think the way it all worked out works great for everyone else too - as no company together means that Casey can go be with Gertrude, Morgan can take the apartment and live with Alex and Family Awesome can feel comfortable moving away, knowing everything is going to be alright.

By the way, loved the Beckman comment as well - I'm going to have to consider writing some fun fan fic stuff (which I've never done) for Chuck - if that's what it's going to take to continue it :)
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Oh, I don't think she remembered straight away, but I like to think it all came back eventually, but not before she fell in love with him again :)

Well actually I did have a Lost reaction - manly tears over memories as a couple kissed (and remembered?), feeling like I'd suffered a great loss and then spiralling for the rest of the day. Loving the finale. Well, that was my Lost reaction :P

Frankly, I don't understand why some fans are angry that the ending was ambiguous. Have we not been watching the same show for 5 years? Of course they're still going to be together, they're the perfect couple. Whether she remembered straight away or slowly over time, it's obvious they'll be together. Leaving it like that was a great way to leave it to the imagination.

Oh, and I have to say, Jeffster were totally awesome! I'm a sucker for string instruments, so when they started playing along with Jeffster, I loved it! And then Irene Demova? Awesome touch! I was hoping they'd use that :D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Joshua wrote:Well actually I did have a Lost reaction - manly tears over memories as a couple kissed (and remembered?), feeling like I'd suffered a great loss and then spiralling for the rest of the day. Loving the finale. Well, that was my Lost reaction :P

Oh, and I have to say, Jeffster were totally awesome! I'm a sucker for string instruments, so when they started playing along with Jeffster, I loved it! And then Irene Demova? Awesome touch! I was hoping they'd use that :D

As for a "Lost" reaction - I loved the ending to Lost and to the end of htis - so I guess I did have a "Lost" reaction. Amazing how I still compare everything to Lost. That said, the irony of the possibility of her "flashing" old memories with a kiss...I won't go there.

The Jeffster performance was perfect. I'm glad they found out in the end. I couldn't envision them finding out before the end because I don't trust them to keep that secret while they are all in the spy world. As a former Morgan look-alike in season 1 (he changed his hair in season 2 and so did I...haha), I sincerely hope he's happy with his life as the manager of the Buy More or that he moves on. I like to envision him moving on.

I really should get going on that fan fiction, haha...
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:45 pm

DharmaLager wrote:The Jeffster performance was perfect. I'm glad they found out in the end. I couldn't envision them finding out before the end because I don't trust them to keep that secret while they are all in the spy world. As a former Morgan look-alike in season 1 (he changed his hair in season 2 and so did I...haha), I sincerely hope he's happy with his life as the manager of the Buy More or that he moves on. I like to envision him moving on.

I really should get going on that fan fiction, haha...

Yeah, any earlier and I think fans would have been furious. But it worked really well :D

You must! I'd read it :)
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:29 pm

I'll certainly put it into consideration then - let's see if I follow through with this one...

So, what did everyone else think of the episode? Let's keep this conversation going - keep Chuck alive as long as we can!
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Next

Return to Chuck Discussion [No spoilers!]