Chuck - Episode 2.11 Discussion

General discussion for 'Chuck'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: Chuck - Episode 2.11 Discussion

Postby beebuzz on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:31 pm

My first expression when I saw the cop was Carl Winslow...Squeeee! :lol:
beebuzz
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby cnyntch on Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:14 am

toninh0 wrote:
cnyntch wrote:Let make one thing clear Sarah did lie to Chuck's face, but it was to protect her and his cover. Could you possibly imagine what Chuck might have said if she told him the truth. Especially with Ellie and Devon in the vicinity the time wasn't right for that matter to be discussed to great lengths.

And just imagine what Sarah would say... Something like "I killed a man because of you". :O
Doesn't sound good to me.

I think that if Sarah was to need to tell Chuck something like that she would of taken him to castle and told him, she really had no choice in the Buy More then to lie.
cnyntch
Viewer

Postby toninh0 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:00 am

cnyntch wrote:I think that if Sarah was to need to tell Chuck something like that she would of taken him to castle and told him, she really had no choice in the Buy More then to lie.

I don't think she will. My opinion is that he will find by himself. :O

Excellent episode. For those who wanted a proof that Sarah really loves Chuck, there it is. :cool:

This is exactly 'Josh Schwartz style'. We all wanted Sarah to "blow up" and now Chuck is afraid of her (maybe sad/disappointed). :thumbsup:
Life Unexpected + Nikita
toninh0
Show Expert

Postby bulova678 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Sarah's lie was to protect Chucks "innocence" .... she told him in the end of the Jill arc that what makes him special is that he's not like every other spy ..."you're a good guy & you want to help people....leave the deception to me" The lie was told so that he didn't have to know a life was lost to protect his and live with the internal conflict of said event.... chipping away at his innocence & purity (so to speak-which is important to Sarah) and disrupting his "normal" life... which she knows is important to him.

If only Chuck knew the whole story.... nah... what fun would that be.... although... he better not hold this against her for any length of time...
bulova678
Viewer

Postby cnyntch on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:50 pm

bulova678 wrote:Sarah's lie was to protect Chucks "innocence" .... she told him in the end of the Jill arc that what makes him special is that he's not like every other spy ..."you're a good guy & you want to help people....leave the deception to me" The lie was told so that he didn't have to know a life was lost to protect his and live with the internal conflict of said event.... chipping away at his innocence & purity (so to speak-which is important to Sarah) and disrupting his "normal" life... which she knows is important to him.

If only Chuck knew the whole story.... nah... what fun would that be.... although... he better not hold this against her for any length of time...

I agree with you about Sarah protecting Chuck's innocence. It would be no fun if Chuck knew the whole story about why Sarah killed Mauser, wouldn't give us anything to talk about for the remaining 6 week hiatus. :P
cnyntch
Viewer

Postby OldDarth on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:55 pm

Great episode. The Die Hard call outs were awesome. Poor Morgan. Poor Chuck. And poor Sarah.

The bracelet moment between Chuck and Sarah was excellent. The two together do such a great job. Love how Zac can take a 'I know' and turn it to so much more.
OldDarth
Viewer

Postby Iceman on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:59 pm

OldDarth wrote:The Die Hard call outs were awesome.

Yep, when he said his name was "Al Powell" and he had the Twinkie in his hand, I thought, this show is absolutely awesome to give a character shout out to Die Hard. I hope there's more, like a showdown at Nakatomi Plaza or something :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby TechNerd on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:40 am

I also thought in the prior episode - 2.10 Chuck vs. The Delorean, Jack Burton mentioning he sold "Nagamichi Plaza" was kind of an oblique "Die Hard" reference since they were both Japanese-sounding names.
TechNerd
Viewer

Previous

Return to Chuck Discussion [No spoilers!]