[OFFICIAL] Episode 2.12 Discussion

General discussion for 'Chuck'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[OFFICIAL] Episode 2.12 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:19 am

"Chuck Vs. The Third Dimension"

No spoilers until the episode has aired.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [OFFICIAL] Episode 2.12 Discussion

Postby bulova678 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:25 am

I dont know about you, but I hope people realize that the show is great and not normally so fuzzy....I'm a bit nervous the 3D nonsense may backfire and turned people off... cuz it was kind of annoying to watch without the glasses....
bulova678
Viewer

Postby Iceman on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:27 am

well, I had the glasses, and it wasn't all that good with them, besides one or two scenes.

I like it much better in regular HD ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby 4815162342execute on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:23 am

I agree with the 3-d thing. It was kinda cool but I couldn't keep the glasses on the whole show. I liked the episode- Dom was funny of course.
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby bulova678 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:27 am

I gotta say though, despite the gimmicky 3D, it was a good ep....loved Casey & the tranq darts :)
bulova678
Viewer

Postby klost004 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:01 pm

it was a pleasant surprise to see Dominic in it...wasn't expecting that and was happy about that...

the 3d glasses weren't that great (at least mine weren't)...or it didn't always show up in 3d..it worked better for the Superbowl commercials (then again i was watching that on a hd tv!)
Hi I'm Kimmy, & I am a Lostaholic!
click banner for my Youtube Channel
♥ LOST || JATE || Suliet || Skate || PB&J || Jun ♥
I ♥ ALL my LOSTIES
klost004
Guest Star

Postby JennyBean on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:25 am

TBH I didn't use the glasses either, I watched it online when it came out this morning :lol:

Overall it was a mediocre episode... I liked Casey and his tranq darts and Sarah's bits. At the end of the episode I was expecting something more then the talk that Chuck and Sarah had. It was short, didn't seem meaningful to me and it was followed up by "So what's the next mission guys?"
All that time he spent during the episode talking about how he would like to have his normal life back or even a break from it all and he still ends up going with them on a mission so he wouldn't feel left out? ¬¬
I *warned* you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you *knew*, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little *bunny*, isn't it?

icon by yourbestbet
JennyBean
Stunt Double

Postby Joshjb on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:10 pm

It wasn't a bad episode, although I can't say I was blown away by it. I guess I was just expecting something better considering all the hype, but it was good nonetheless. Dom was great in it. :) You could really see just how short he is in this episode. :P

The downloaded episode sucked with 3D glasses so I just took them off. I got used to the fuzziness pretty quickly, so that was OK.
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Postby JennyBean on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:47 pm

:rofl:
The downloaded episode sucked with 3D glasses so I just took them off. I got used to the fuzziness pretty quickly, so that was OK.

I thought Dom was awesome in it, especially when him and Chuck were running away from the baddie and he punches out his manager. :lol:
I *warned* you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you *knew*, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little *bunny*, isn't it?

icon by yourbestbet
JennyBean
Stunt Double

Postby cheggie on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:10 pm

I couldn't find a pair of glasses, but the image was OK without them. I liked the episode but I think the talk between Chuck and Sarah was a bit rushed. I don't know, I expected something else. Dom was awesome.
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby JennyBean on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Yeah, I feel ya on the whole C/S conversation. They could've cut down on the buymore stuff and put in a bit more of the conversation between the two... I mean don't get me wrong I love the Buymore scenes but the urinal cake? :huh:

icon by yourbestbet
JennyBean
Stunt Double

Postby cheggie on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:20 pm

Yeah, the conversation was like:
- I saw you andyou lie me
- You're right but that's my work
- Ok, but i don't like it
- Perfect. Now we're good again

AND THAT WAS ALL FOLKS!!!! O.o
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby FrankdelaCoste on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:46 pm

I found it very poetic and true that we (people in general) tend to complain about the lives we lead, but when it comes down to it we wouldn't have it any other way. I believe that was the thought process behind Chuck being so eager to join Casey and Sarah on their next mission. Chucks relationship with Sarah did however suffer a blow when Chuck discovered how easily Sarah lied to him. This dent will be explored further in upcoming episodes I hope.

That was my interpretation of the scene. Perhaps I'm just rationally trying to explain a hugely anti-climactic ending, but I have confidence the writers won't leave it like this.
FrankdelaCoste
Viewer

Postby Marie on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:10 pm

I have to say I liked the episode mostly because I thought Dominic Monaghan was hilarious. I've only seen him in Lost and The Lord of the Rings, but he's doing so well in comedies. I'm really looking forward to his future comedy projects.
Marie
Viewer

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:01 am

Posting in this thread without reading it. I completely refuse to watch this episode without the 3D glasses...however, I don't live in the States, and I've yet to find glasses or the traslucid paper used to make them that work.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Next

Return to Chuck Discussion [No spoilers!]