A Newbie's View On Psych!

General discussion for 'Psych'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: A Newbie's View On Psych!

Postby Devil's Arcade on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Shawn: *Spits Wine out* - That's, that's disgusting!
Phylis Gaffney: That's a £30'000 bottle of Spanish Sherry
Shawn: *Takes more and squirms* Mmm... it's good.

Phylis Gaffney: You know Shawn, I have very fine taste... I like my men like I like my men, white... AND HAIRY!
Shawn: That doesn't make sense... none at all.

I laughed so hard at both these scenes. :lol: :lol:
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Two Sides on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Episode 13

"Game, Set... Muuurder?"

Impressions... Started off hilarious, with the quote later on in my post...! I liked the flashback to start the episode, with his dad teaching him and punishing him about cheating. Shawn is trying with Juliet, bless him :lol: the swan pedalo idea was funny!

Favourite Scenes
It was hilarious when Lassiter became friends with Shawns dad :lol: Also found it funny how Gus was playing tennis against the girl :lol: and she was having him all over the court whilst she'd talk to Shawn :lol: T'was brilliant, i almost lost track of what was actually being discussed. :lol:

Favourite Lines
"Maybe together we can figure out how I can be less lonely? wait! I'm getting something.... baby oil!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:
"Out!! Out my ass!"
"Ohhh Tom! That sounds really bitchin'!" :rofl: :rofl:
Shawn: The spirits are often bashful. Sometimes grumpy. Sleepy. Dopey.
Gus: Shawn!
Shawn: Sneezy...

:lol: :lol:
Shawn: You mean Lassie and I can work together?
Lassiter: Yeah, but separate.
Shawn: Should we synchronize our watches?
Lassiter: You're not wearing a watch.
Shawn: That's a good point. Chief, I'd like to put in a requisition order for a new watch. (looks at Lassiter) Lassie, can you sign for that?

:rofl: :w00t: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Good episode. I didn't find the actual story all that interesting, but the reveal at the end was great, as was the evidence :D

-- Merged Double Post --

Episode 14

"Poker? I Barely Know Her""

Impressions... Not the best episode, the ending was great though with Shawn winning everything, then Shawn owned that bitches ass!!! No one likes a cheat! :no:

Favourite Scenes
I like how Shawn won the poker in the flashback, outsmarting the adults :thumbup: Again, the dad was a hard ass, but I guess he was right. Not really a scene, but I liked the banter between Shawn and Gus when 'shooting hoops' :lol: :thumbup: Loved them watching the poker through the trees... "Good news is there's a seat opening up" :lol: I like the representation. The poker scenes toward the end were great!! :thumbsup: It was probably the best ending to an episode with the surprise party :rofl: :rofl: They're all people he put in prison :lol: Priceless!! Loved how his initial reaction was to pull a gun out :rofl:

Favourite Lines
"You got a back way out of this place?", "You came through it!"
"Gus, don't be a gooey chocolate chip cookie" :lol: :hmm:
"POKER, I BARELY KNOW HER!" :rofl: Good use of the episode title there!!
"But you're a woman!", "Yes, shocking isn't it" :lol:

Good episode, not amazing like the last two... but still pretty damn good :D

-- Merged Double Post --

Episode 15

"Scary Sherry: Bianca's Toast"

Impressions... First impression: "Aww cool it's a Halloween episode... awesoooome!" The new detective is a bitch, royal bitch... HATE her. Shawn is so inappropriate!! (I may have said that before but the whole trying to get an 'undergarment' from Juliet just brought the thought back) :lol: :lol: Mary-Lou, what a sickly name. :| I was quite pleased with myself when I figured out 'Acnaib' was Bianca backwards... before it was revealed btw :thumbsup: I assume most other people spotted that?

Favourite Scenes
When the girl was describing what happened to the cat to Shawn... his face when she said it's tail fell of was hilarious. Shawn and Gus running out of the building screaming the not being able to get in the car was the funniest moment of the show so far :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: PRICELESS!! :thumbsup: I liked the scene a lot where Bianca died! It was really serious, no actual comedy to it or anything! :O Very good. :thumbup: The debate outside the car about Gus' terms of going the the house was so good :rofl: Gus' foot being stuck in the floor was amazing :rofl: :rofl: He was panicking so much :lol: and the screaming and waving of the belt just made it perfect.

Favourite Lines
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?", "Not even sort of!" - Damn, Gus was awesome as a child as well :lol:
Shawn: "Can we wear pjamas?"
Juliet: "No"
Shawn: "Even better"

:rofl: :rofl:
"My name is Ichibod Fletchman. Sticky Icky to my boys. But that's neither here nor there. What's important is that this baby is 82% Hawaiian and I've got all afternoon." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gus: We actually started an urban legend.
Shawn: That's dope.

AWESOME episode, definitely my favourite so far :thumbup: Hilarious, and great story to it :D The ending was nice :) with them all... having fun with each other :thumbsup:

I'll try get together a post on my overall thoughts of season 1 soon :D It won't be some big ass elaborate review, just what i like and didn't like :D
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Devil's Arcade on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:24 am

Season 2 has been much better than the first! :thumbsup:
Episode 13 is fantastic - the whole soap opera thing was brilliant.
When Shawn kept laughing at the name Jorge was hilarious, as was when he kept saying the actors sister was his brother. :lol:

Also, Shawn and Gus remind of when Turk and JD play detectives in season 9, haha!
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Two Sides - Glad you enjoyed it. The finale is one of my favorites too. Loved how Young Gus was Lando :D

Devils Arcade - Season 2 is my favorite. American Duos is my favorite episode ever. Did you like the theme song in the soap opera episode? ;)

The season 2 finale is really really really good :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Devil's Arcade on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:12 am

Theme tune in the soap opera one was good, cleverly thought of!
Just about to go on to season 3. :) LOVED the last two episodes of season 2, although I was getting really annoyed at Gus!
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:16 am

Just to let you know - season 3 is my least favorite, and probably has some of the weakest episodes of the whole series. :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Two Sides on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:29 am

I'm downloading season 2 :| forget Christmas. Problem is, ETA is 11 weeks :rofl: :rofl:

:|
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Devil's Arcade on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 am

Jesus, get a Rapidshare account, it's like a fiver and you will download a season in a few hours.
And be able to watch an episode at a time, while the other is downloading.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Two Sides on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Season 2 Episode 1

"American Duos"

Impressions... They looked like miniature pimps win the flashback :w00t: Ohh love the new intro :D Lassiter was amazing this episode! I've never laughed so much at him, ever! :lol: There is a running theme of them suddenly sticking their head around the corner of walls :lol: Tim Curry was brilliant!

Favourite Scenes Good opening scene with 'American Duos' The judge was hilarious :rofl: Insulting the girls when they hadn't even sang yet :lol: It was absolutely brilliant when Shawn and Gus were singing 'Take on Me' :rofl: :rofl: Probably my favourite scene yet!! :thumbsup: Lassiter interview/itterogating the judge was funny: "Maybe you should think about your story", "What story?"..."Exactly" :rofl: :rofl: That judge calling Lassiter Mr Bean :rofl: :rofl: Juliet telling Shawn and Gus that 'it need to come from deep, deep, deep inside here' :rofl: :rofl: Shawn face when she said that was also amazing! :rofl: The last scene was so funny when they were singing Shout!! "euthanise yourselves" :rofl:

Favourite Lines
"I don't remember the person to whom you are referring... but she was hideous" :rofl: :rofl:
"Those a-ha guys were Norwegian, they didn't even know what they were singing" :rofl:
"Ask him! I plead the fifth" :lol: Lassiters face was great when Gus came out with that! :lol:
Not really a line... but when Nigel St. Nigel had his sandwich, and then Shawn took it! :rofl: :rofl: "Give that back!" and Shawn said "No" mimicking his voice. That. was. hilarious. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Oh bugger off you silly giraffe" :lol:
"I will slap you Shawn" :rofl:
Really? That was your plan? That has to be the poorest executed attack in history. I was two feet away from you all the time. I mean, you have to be absolutely, without doubt, the worst murderer I have ever seen.

:rofl: He's such a **** it's untrue!! :rofl: :rofl:

AWESOME episode!!!! :w00t:

-- Merged Double Post --

Season 2 Episode 2

"65 Million Years Off"

Favourite Scenes Lassiter's little eyebrow raise to the window at the start was humorous :lol: :P And then there was Shawn having no comeback to Lassiter :lol: Love the way the dinosaur head bobbled past the window of the door while Lassiter and co were discussing how the bloke died :lol: Juliet looked so damn confused :lol: Shawn taking credit from Gus for the electronic lock was great :lol: What the hell was the chicken/cluck thing Shawn was doing before telling the Chief about the farm :rofl: Juliet and Lassiter's fist bump :thumbsup:

Favourite Lines
"How about you play 6 degrees of kiss my ass" :rofl:
Chief Lady: "You wanna tell him who he is, detective?"
Lassiter: "No."

"Someone's shooting at us!!" "Gus, run like the wind!!!" :rofl: Its so funny when they run away from things screaming :lol:
:rofl: :rofl:
Shawn: I'll stand behind Gus the entire time
Gus: No you won't
Shawn: Yes i will
Gus: No you won't
Shawn: Yes i will
Gus: You wanna bet?

:lol: :rofl:
"I'm gonna get the leaf blower" :lol:
"You think he'd open up if we knocked again?" :rofl:

Good episode :thumbsup:
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Iceman on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:26 pm

That movie with Sigourney Weaver Shawn mentioned, that Gus couldn't think of?

That was the Disney movie Holes that had Dule Hill in it. Thats what makes it so funny, that Gus couldn't remember what it was :P

American Duos is my favorite episode. Glad you enjoyed it! :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Two Sides on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Ohhhh! :lol: I did think that moment should have been funny :| Now I understand :lol:

And I think i know why you dislike The Mentalist so much as well!
I was on the Wikipedia page for 'Shawn Spencer' and and the bottom it says:
In many commercials and episodes, he is shown to have a dislike towards the TV show, The Mentalist, due to the fact they are quite similar in many ways and came after Psych.
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Mentalist is better, but. :)

Who hasn't seen the breakfast club! You honestly don't think there is nothing suspicious about those two? :lol:

-- Merged Double Post --

I actually teared up at the end of S03E02!

Also;
Shawn: Dude, you don't remember Dutch the Clutch? He was on That's Incredible! once when we were kids, and he jumped Springfield Gorge!
Gus: That was Homer Simpson.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:46 pm

The Mentalist is not better! Curse you! They ripped Psych off!

Devil's Arcade: You liked Daredevils? That was probably one of the weakest episodes to date imo.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:07 pm

I've only seen 10 minutes of it, that line was just awesome, as was Shawn's reaction to it.

Edit; I loved it!
Shawn's speech at the end was fantastic and emotional, real good acting.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:33 pm

I kind of liked Daredevils, It just didn't really feel like a Psych episode to me.
American Duos is one of my favourite episodes from S2 :D
Last edited by HannaK on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Psych [No Spoilers!]