Never seen the show. Should I start now?

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Never seen the show. Should I start now?

Postby fordkillsjack on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:11 am

Earlier this week I watched special on TV that gave a summary of Flash Forward. The idea of the show seems interesting to me but now I see a few threads dedicated to why the show isn't very good. I don't watch a lot of TV except for Lost and some sports stuff. I do like the concept of time travel, or in this case Flash Forward. I also noticed that a few Losties are also in the cast.

I have a general idea on the plot - Mosaic, new vice presidents, Suspect Zero, tattoes, etc. But for somebody who hasn't seen this show before, how would you describe this show? Or at least the style of it? Is every episode centric based, or revolves around a specific characater, like Lost? How big of role is does Penny play (that's her Lost name, refering to the doctor who sees herself with another man in the FF)? More of her interests me a lot.

Is this show worth my time?
fordkillsjack
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Never seen the show. Should I start now?

Postby Two Sides on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 am

The shows first episode IMO was great however it dipped a bit for a few episodes. It has got better as of late and we have jist seen episodes 11 and 12, so i would say yes, you should start now. you are not to far behind and you could catch up pretty quickly. You may have to endure a couple of poor episodes but it will be worth it. :thumbsup:
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby fingersplints on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:07 am

I don't mind this show, but we are currently at a "make or break" point in my opinion. I honestly am going to keep watching it because I find it more interesting than a lot of other shows, but I could also see it getting worse ¬¬ hopefully it doesn't.
I was pleasently surprised with the return episode, I think the first half dragged a little, but the second half was fantastic. One of my complaints about this show all along was they don't seem to be building up most of the characters so I didn't feel invested in them, but the last hour, the character development was fantastic it reminded me of another show :whistle: (just kidding, don't compare it to Lost, otherwise you will DEFINITLY be dissapointed)

overall, yea, I still say it's worth a watch.
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby lexnox on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:32 am

Gonna try to start this one this weekend.
Aeon & LOST
Let's see how fast you can run?
lexnox
Supporting Actor

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:40 am

I would be one of those people who have panned this show in the past, but I am also one who does want to get in to it as well.

With that full disclosure, I am trying to give it a chance. These last two episodes are promising, and if TPTP can keep up the new level, then I think it will turn out to be a good show. But, if they slip back in to the pattern they were in before, then I won't be able to stay with it.

As a fellow LOST fan, I would tell you that with our impending LOST withdrawl, I am desperate to find something to fill the up coming void, and it would be great if FF could be that fix.

I would recommend watching it, but with the caution that if they go back to their old habits... be prepared...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Nautical Rudie on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Well my advice if youre watching from the start is to watch the first epiode, then for thenext eight or so just watch the last 5 minutes. Seriously. I quite like FF, probably more than anything on TV at the moment except LOST, but noting really happens until telast five minutes of each episode during the first half of the series.
Nautical Rudie
Stunt Double

Postby vader182 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:39 am

Eh... bad acting, badly written characters, bad direction, bad overuse of film filters (some scenes look distractingly blue, yellow, etc), bad use of... everything.

Cool concept though, I'm mostly watching just to see where they take the series. Oh, and Dominic Monoghan's character is kind of awesome.

If your looking for a good show to watch... that's kind of in the same vein as LOST, try Battelstar Gallactica which, in a lot of ways, is basically LOST in space. Or Twin Peaks...
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Postby SmokeyD on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:57 pm

I know what I said earlier, but forget it... After watching 1.13 all I can say is fail... epic fail...

It amazes me that they could slip so far so fast...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby fingersplints on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:21 pm

@ SmokeyD I didn't think it was good by any means, but I wasn't too dissappointed. I've never been to interested in the Aaron/Tracy arc so to me it was blah because of that
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby SmokeyD on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm

fingersplints wrote:@ SmokeyD I didn't think it was good by any means, but I wasn't too dissappointed. I've never been to interested in the Aaron/Tracy arc so to me it was blah because of that

I think they try too hard with this particular arc, and I have never really 'liked' etiher character. I admit the beat-down that Aaron laid on the guy was pretty impresive, but it still lacked...

I guess it's just that the show runners make so many mistakes it makes it difficult to stay in the moment.

Another point that I may not have said, but am I the only one who thinks that Demetri's Zoey is just too 'over-the-top', I get it, she wants to save her man,

but C'mon... Is there an FBI agent director (Wedick) in the world that would put up with that? In the real world she would have probably been at least thrown out, and she would never be allowed to represent the terrorist now that she was allowed to see the files.

It's just too much to swallow....
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby fingersplints on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:15 am

SmokeyD wrote:Another point that I may not have said, but am I the only one who thinks that Demetri's Zoey is just too 'over-the-top', I get it, she wants to save her man,

but C'mon... Is there an FBI agent director (Wedick) in the world that would put up with that? In the real world she would have probably been at least thrown out, and she would never be allowed to represent the terrorist now that she was allowed to see the files.

It's just too much to swallow....

agreed, that was completely over the top and not believable :thumbsdown:
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby Two Sides on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:19 am

vader182 wrote:Eh... bad acting, badly written characters, bad direction, bad overuse of film filters (some scenes look distractingly blue, yellow, etc), bad use of... everything.

I respectably disagree. I think the acting of Joseph Fiennes is brilliant at least. The characters IMO are written well.
But i definitely agree with the overuse of yellow :lol:
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby fingersplints on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:30 am

Two Sides wrote:I respectably disagree. I think the acting of Joseph Fiennes is brilliant at least.

Is that a joke? :lol:
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby Two Sides on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:39 am

fingersplints wrote:
Two Sides wrote:I respectably disagree. I think the acting of Joseph Fiennes is brilliant at least.

Is that a joke? :lol:

:scared: No, what does everyone else think differently? I think he is great :blush:
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Nick on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:11 am

*low grunts* BECAUSE I WAS LOADED OKAY?!

But seriously, he's not that bad. Well, he sort of is, but I still like the show for the most part. :P
Nick
Emmy Winner

Next

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]