[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.14 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.14 Discussion

Postby Two Sides on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 pm

I just watched it for the first time :D
OK, firstly, it was a relatively good episode however i much preferred the previous 3 or 4. I liked the Somalian storyline but it was slightly unbelievable with all the gun slapping security shooting shizzle going down.
Also the Somalian leader man didn't seem the least surprised in seeing his mother on that video, i am not saying something is in this, but his reaction was pretty lame. I was quite glad he died. I liked the scene with the skeletons in the chamber, that was quite eerie.
Hopefully next weeks episode will be a little more... realistic but as long as the story advances then i will be happy.
I think the flashforward of Mark will be the one in his office because that is what we are used to seeing, it would suck any other way. I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING when that bloke's flashforwards was revealed that he killed Mark.
The ending was awesome. end of. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby beresford on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Two Sides wrote:I just watched it for the first time :D
OK, firstly, it was a relatively good episode however i much preferred the previous 3 or 4. I liked the Somalian storyline but it was slightly unbelievable with all the gun slapping security shooting shizzle going down.
Also the Somalian leader man didn't seem the least surprised in seeing his mother on that video, i am not saying something is in this, but his reaction was pretty lame. I was quite glad he died. I liked the scene with the skeletons in the chamber, that was quite eerie.
Hopefully next weeks episode will be a little more... realistic but as long as the story advances then i will be happy.
I think the flashforward of Mark will be the one in his office because that is what we are used to seeing, it would suck any other way. I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING when that bloke's flashforwards was revealed that he killed Mark.
The ending was awesome. end of. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I totally agree with what you've said about wanting a bit more of realism. Because I like the show, it's not usually phenomenal (even though some episodes were truly awesome), but the lack of realism annoys me and is negative to the show.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby SmokeyD on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:24 pm

OK, so Charlie said that she saw Vogel say 'Mark Binford is Dead'... What if the FBI was putting Mark into protective custody? Think about this, Mark has been drawing attention like crazy, he know's that armed men are coming for him, and why would Vogel be at Mark's house with another agent (I am thinking a security detail)

And, part of placing someone into protective custody is creating a story why they are gone, so fewer people would think to look...

And, the Vogel conversation to the other agent could have been simply stating that the cover story has been created.
Last edited by SmokeyD on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Two Sides on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 pm

SmokeyD wrote:OK, so Charlie said that she saw Vogel say 'Mark Binford is Dead'... What if the FBI was putting Mark into protective custody? Think about this, Mark has been drawing attention like crazy, and why would Vogel be at Mark's house with another agent (I am thinking a security detail)

And, part of placing someone into protective custody is creating a story why they are gone, so fewer people would think to look...

And, the Vogel conversation to the other agent could have been simply stating that the cover story has been created.

Very good idea!! :thumbsup: It's the only answer that would make sense at the moment.
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby SmokeyD on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:34 pm

And... it flows nicely into the idea of Olivia keeps talking about 'going away', and that she could finally convince Mark to take her up on it, and the FBI guys are there to protect the house until the move is made...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Two Sides on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Another good point :thumbup:
What i originally thought was that it was some deep inside government experiment thhat ran higher than the FBI and CIA... and that Vogel was told to kill Benford because he knew too much, and that's why Vogel said he was 'doing his job' with a sense of regret in his voice. But i like your idea much much more. But i think we will undoubtedly have a scene where Charlie see's Vogel and has some mad moment and there is a big confrontation or whatever. :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby SmokeyD on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:47 pm

Two Sides wrote:Another good point :thumbup:
What i originally thought was that it was some deep inside government experiment thhat ran higher than the FBI and CIA... and that Vogel was told to kill Benford because he knew too much, and that's why Vogel said he was 'doing his job' with a sense of regret in his voice. But i like your idea much much more. But i think we will undoubtedly have a scene where Charlie see's Vogel and has some mad moment and there is a big confrontation or whatever. :D

I see where you are going, what really clinced the theory was more the 'way' that Vogel said it, while it's purely subjective, it almost seemed to me like he was saying it with irony. And then have a couple the agent's at the house, Olivia trying to get him to leave...etc...

I don't get the impression yet that Vogel is a bad guy, and although we still have a possible Mole in the works, I doubt (at this time) that the Mole ends up being either Vogel or Demetri...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Two Sides on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Another reason why my theory is wrong is, Why the hell would they meet in Benfords garden?!?! :lol:

I am slightly suspicious of Vogel, but that could just be because he is a hard ass :lol: But i definitely don't think Demetri will be revealed as a mole. At least i hope not.
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby vader182 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:23 am

What I'm quite interested in is how Benford won't be dead. He's the lead to the whole series, they won't kill him off. Hm :hmm:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Postby fingersplints on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:20 am

vader182 wrote:What I'm quite interested in is how Benford won't be dead. He's the lead to the whole series, they won't kill him off. Hm :hmm:

unless, it doesn't get picked up for another season. they might be like eh why the hell not, it'll make for a good ending :lol:
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby vader182 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:36 pm

fingersplints wrote:
vader182 wrote:What I'm quite interested in is how Benford won't be dead. He's the lead to the whole series, they won't kill him off. Hm :hmm:

unless, it doesn't get picked up for another season. they might be like eh why the hell not, it'll make for a good ending :lol:

I'm serious, if my series was going to get cut off, I'd just throw in some completely freaking insane ending. Like aliens come and destroy the world or something crazy and awesome. Like, I'd write completely insane character actions and events just for the hell of it.

Maybe even some time travel and a nuke. Oh wait. :lol:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Previous

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]