[Official] FlashForward Ep. 1.15 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] FlashForward Ep. 1.15

Postby beresford on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:51 pm

SmokeyD wrote:
I guess my point with it goes to why is she the mole? She has now been shot, uterus tore up, and mentally screwed over. So either they (bad guys) have alot over her, or are paying her a ton of money, or... there's a third facton at work here.

And, her fluctuating attitude is another huge red flag, she goes from being this (almost mushy) sap who is trying to get preggers, and telling her close friend (Demetri) about not only the fact that she want's 'one in the oven', but that the traditional way is not her way,.... To becoming this super coy, confident, reassured hyper spy when talking to Simon...

It just doesn't feel right... :blink:

So, was her getting shot supposed to be part of D. Gibbons' (D. Frost's) plan??? Or, if there's a third faction at play then? Either way, TPTB need to do some explaining or else the story just degrades to a crisis of convienent writing. With no fore-thought or planning...

And, since the Persian woman is working for/with Dyson Frost.. what's her angle? Why tell Demetri anything about his shooting then? Or, did she tell him just to manipulate him towards a specific goal?

If TPTB do not wrap of these 'loose threads' then I am going to move the entire story into the catagory of sloppy writing.

I understand your points. I don't have any answer and I also feel that the show need to give us evidence that they have a long-term plan for all this and that they are not making it up as they go. I am ok with not knowing the answers right now (I think they've done a good job with the answers thing, I never expected Suspect Zero identity to be revealed this soon. But I do think that we need some kinds of hints that they know where they going, otherwise it feels like sloppy writing...
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby SmokeyD on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:55 pm

beresford wrote:
SmokeyD wrote:
I guess my point with it goes to why is she the mole? She has now been shot, uterus tore up, and mentally screwed over. So either they (bad guys) have alot over her, or are paying her a ton of money, or... there's a third facton at work here.

And, her fluctuating attitude is another huge red flag, she goes from being this (almost mushy) sap who is trying to get preggers, and telling her close friend (Demetri) about not only the fact that she want's 'one in the oven', but that the traditional way is not her way,.... To becoming this super coy, confident, reassured hyper spy when talking to Simon...

It just doesn't feel right... :blink:

So, was her getting shot supposed to be part of D. Gibbons' (D. Frost's) plan??? Or, if there's a third faction at play then? Either way, TPTB need to do some explaining or else the story just degrades to a crisis of convienent writing. With no fore-thought or planning...

And, since the Persian woman is working for/with Dyson Frost.. what's her angle? Why tell Demetri anything about his shooting then? Or, did she tell him just to manipulate him towards a specific goal?

If TPTB do not wrap of these 'loose threads' then I am going to move the entire story into the catagory of sloppy writing.

I understand your points. I don't have any answer and I also feel that the show need to give us evidence that they have a long-term plan for all this and that they are not making it up as they go. I am ok with not knowing the answers right now (I think they've done a good job with the answers thing, I never expected Suspect Zero identity to be revealed this soon. But I do think that we need some kinds of hints that they know where they going, otherwise it feels like sloppy writing...

Don't misunderstand, I will continue to watch this show, but it has become more like watching two trains heading for each other on the same track... you know that they are gonna crash, you know it will be ugly... but you still keep watching anyway...

Bring on the carnage!!!!
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby vader182 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm not sure I understand how it was clever. It wasn't revealed to us in an actual narrative, she did quite randomly tell him. ....why would she actually tell him? Like, what does she have to gain? I could only see that being a huge risk to her. Despite Simon's moral ambiguity, he's the type of guy who would only use that information against her.

It seems like the first half of the season was mapped out and planned but over the break they realized the show's huge potential for being canceled, so they rewrote tons of plotlines to be more exciting, I.E. throwing in completely as much as possible to make it interesting. A good portion of the time, it's actually worked, but sometimes like with this twist... :unsure:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Postby fingersplints on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:58 am

beresford wrote:Devil's Arcade, as I've said,I have nothing against the way the thing was announced, I thought it was clever as well and I certainly enjoyed that scene, I've even rewatched it. Now, the thing with her being the mole that most people have been attacking is that it doesn't seem to fit with Janice's previous actions, even when we were watching her all by herself, dealing with her feelings and insecurities, not to mention the fact that she got shot because of the information she gave, which is kind of stupid and pointless, even if the idea was only to avoid suspicions. Now, I enjoyed the twist, I really did, because I did not see that coming, but usually it feels better when, even though it's a twist and, because of that, unexpected, you could look back and say "Oh, this thing actually makes more sense now because we know she was the mole". For instance, if Weddeck was the mole, even though it would not be half cool to watch because it wouldn't be half unexpected, people wouldn't be complaining so much, because we haven't exactly watched him on his private life or anything, so it's not like his actions are contradicting the fact that he is mole. Do you get my point?

I couldn't agree with this more
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby rocketlauncher on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Janis being a mole? The other mole shooting NINE agents? Come ooooon :rofl:
rocketlauncher
Extra

Postby SmokeyD on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:06 pm

rocketlauncher wrote:The other mole shooting NINE agents? Come ooooon :rofl:

You nailed that one, and I didn't even put a finger on it until you brought it up...

It's like TPTB are getting a little desperate, and they are trying to pull out all the stops, but they are pulling the wrong ones out...

I guess I am disappointed that the one character I actually was starting to be concerned about, turns out to be one that is working against everyone. TPTB could ahve thought a lot harder with who they were gonna make 'The Mole'...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:07 pm

I forgot to mention that, I thought it was way too much.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby fingersplints on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:20 am

beresford wrote:

my boyfriend said that while watching it. He was like "seriously how the hell is that even possible"
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby Cyndyk on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:47 am

I have just recently started watching FF, so I was kind of blown away about Janis, but after the show, it dawned on me that maybe Janis is a mole for one of the other orgs, instead of the villains. Like the guy who is sticking to Mark like glue, or even a higher gov. org. who recruited janis to keep watch on the other mole, and maybe they have tips that Mark's office doesn't have. So perhaps they have had Janis primed to infiltrate the group that has been pulling Dom's strings, ok this is getting confusing. But a double agent isn't always someone who works for the good side and the bad side. Sometimes they may be working for two different groups on the same side.

Anyway, I am hoping that she turns out to be good, because I have become invested in her character. What blew me away the most about that show though, was Mark's AA friend. I cried when he left that last msg on Mark's fone, and then I was cheering when he went all Rambo on everyone's asses. I think he is going to be my favorite. I don't even know his name yet, but he has the best storyline so far.
ImageImage

"There was Winkage" Audrey Parker
Cyndyk
Guest Star

Postby beresford on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Cyndyk wrote:
Anyway, I am hoping that she turns out to be good, because I have become invested in her character. What blew me away the most about that show though, was Mark's AA friend. I cried when he left that last msg on Mark's fone, and then I was cheering when he went all Rambo on everyone's asses. I think he is going to be my favorite. I don't even know his name yet, but he has the best storyline so far.

He's Aaron. It's very interesting how can we watch the same thing and be dragged to completely different aspects of it. Personally, I find Aaron's story the most boring and unrealistic of the whole show! I am glad you can enjoy it though:)

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Devil's Arcade on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Hmm, to me the most unrealistic is the fact that there was a flashforward... :P

-- Merged Double Post --

beresford wrote:

And the fact that she had the best aim in the world until she had to shoot at main characters!!
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby fingersplints on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:03 am

beresford wrote:
Cyndyk wrote:

He's Aaron. It's very interesting how can we watch the same thing and be dragged to completely different aspects of it. Personally, I find Aaron's story the most boring and unrealistic of the whole show! I am glad you can enjoy it though:)

I agree, I'm totally dissinterested in him and Tracy.
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby DestinyFound on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:48 am

beresford wrote:
DestinyFound wrote:So is Janis another mole?
Why did she tell Dominic?
And why Dom say you got the message about him killing his uncle via CPR?
I am so confused . . .

please help

Janis is another mole, there were always two moles inside the office, she and the other woman who got caught. The idea was that in case one of them got caught, the other would still be able to act as a mole.

As to why she told him, I think Simon's involvement in the thing is pretty huge, after all he was the guy awake during the blackout, so he's not just someone random to anounce it to. And I thought the thing with Janis being the mole was pretty random, despite cool, yes. But I thought the scene in which she actually reveals it was pretty decent, I did not find it random

thanks for the answer :)

and i thought it was a cool moment as well :thumbup:
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Constant Loophole on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 pm

....why would she actually tell him? Like, what does she have to gain?

Once he had cut out that middleman, the bad guys still need to talk to him, so she was telling him because he now has to go through her...the middlewoman. Yeah. Messy shallow show, but it's probably the closest thing there'll be to sci-fi methadone once Lost ends.
"You really think this is all coincidence?"
Constant Loophole
Extra

Postby Sym on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:37 am

FF I always like more. It is very beautiful, and well done! Are increasingly curious. :wub:
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
War against the world Black Sails
Sym
Emmy Nominee

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]