[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:00 pm

"Let No Man Put Asunder"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Flash Forward episode here.


DEMETRI PUTS A RUSH ON HIS WEDDING PLANS WITH ZOEY, WEDECK HELPS AARON INFILTRATE JERICHO, AND OLIVIA’S FRIENDSHIP WITH LLOYD GROWS STRONGER, ON ABC’S “FLASHFORWARD”

“Let No Man Put Asunder” – Demetri decides to put a rush on his wedding plans with Zoey when the captured FBI mole confirms the date of his prophesized murder; Wedeck tries to help Aaron infiltrate Jericho in order to rescue Tracy; and Olivia’s friendship with Lloyd grows stronger, on “FlashForward,” THURSDAY, APRIL 15 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“FlashForward” stars Joseph Fiennes as Mark Benford, John Cho as Demetri Noh, Jack Davenport as Lloyd Simcoe, Zachary Knighton as Bryce Varley, Peyton List as Nicole Kirby, Dominic Monaghan as Simon, Brían F. O'Byrne as Aaron Stark, Courtney B. Vance as Stanford Wedeck, Sonya Walger as Olivia Benford and Christine Woods as Janis Hawk.

Guest starring are Gabrielle Union as Zoey, Lennon Wynn as Charlie, Ryan Wynott as Dylan, Lee Thompson Young as Agent Gough, Barry Shabaka Henley as Agent Vreede, Michael Massee as Dyson Frost, Barbara Williams as Senator Clemente, Amy Rosoff as Marcie, Elizabeth Sung as Saayo Noh, Lawrence A. Mandley as Kent Nelson, Anthony Skordi as judge, Stefan Marks as assistant U.S. attorney, Chris Coy as Ross Weber, Milauna Jemai as Susan, Zoi Kottas as female hostage, Andrew Manning as LAPD cop, Carrie Genzel as FBI Agent Counter, Sebastian Siegel as secret service agent and James Gleason as Rev. David Mullen.

“Let No Man Put Asunder” was written by Seth Hoffman & Quinton Peeples and directed by Bobby Roth.

Source: ABC


- Promotional Photos
- Promo
Image
Image

You have to invite me in.
User avatar
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator
 
Posts: 8326
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:49 am
Location: Fangtasia
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby thetexashammer on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:50 pm

I started the evening by watching this episode and hoping that it would be better than what they usually are. As quickly as it began, the poor acting and even worse lines by the writers showed up. I got to the point where I couldn't take it and I walked away...but before I did so, here are the things that I noticed:

1.) The whole FBI speech given to a handful of about 15 people at close range was a speech that should be saved for FBI graduation or something like that. Not an appropriate place for a speech like that and the clapping and laughing afterwards was just as bad.

2.) The showdown with the cellphone salesmen was really just funny. So a guy thinks that all of this is happening because of cellphones so he goes and starts shooting cellphone salesmen in a building that looks more like a bank than a mall. The lady he is holding hostage looks more like a hotel clerk than a cellphone salesman...most cellphone salesmen/women are college aged kids in low-riding kahki pants and a polo shirt. I don't think I've seen any with dress suits or business suits with ties. But now to the really funny part of the showdown. The lines by Dimitri were ok compared to the rest of the show, but am I mistaken or did he not first shoot the guy in the shoulder and then when we get a second look at him the bullet would is in the vicinity of his heart. I actually had to rewind the show to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. Come on! That's not something the director should miss.

3.) This is short, but I thought it was funny that Dimitri was running toward the mole getting on the plane with his wallet FBI ID when he had his badge on his belt in plain sight, not to mention everyone knew who he was anyways shown by the face that they were like "don't you give up?" Nothing horrible, just pretty funny.

4.) This was the last straw for me. It all starts at the park with Lloyd and Olivia meeting up without even knowing they were supposed to thanks to the sly underhandedness of the kids. A quick conversation emerges followed by screams from young charlie who took a nosedive off of a slide. Did she hit the ground while eating a mouthful of hard starbursts or what? Blood covered her chin and there was very little worry showed by mommy Olivia as she seemed more interested in how a stranger, who had caused nothing less than the demise of her marriage, held her daughter's hand and acted like the MD in the situation. Apparently that one instance pushed Olivia over the edge because the next thing we know she is over at his pad making out with him while her husband is out trying to save the planet from another flashforward. At this point I'm done with the episode and just walk away.

I guess if you want a good laugh and are looking for something to waste time while waiting for Fringe, FlashForward may be right for you. For me it is like watching a train wreck waiting to happen...I want to look away but I am so interested in the carnage that the show puts forth from week to week in the form of acting and writing. Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting plot and storyline, but I just can't get past the acting (or lack thereof) and poor lines.

Blast me if you like, but these are my thoughts.
thetexashammer
Viewer
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:57 pm

thetexashammer wrote:4.) This was the last straw for me. It all starts at the park with Lloyd and Olivia meeting up without even knowing they were supposed to thanks to the sly underhandedness of the kids. A quick conversation emerges followed by screams from young charlie who took a nosedive off of a slide. Did she hit the ground while eating a mouthful of hard starbursts or what? Blood covered her chin and there was very little worry showed by mommy Olivia as she seemed more interested in how a stranger, who had caused nothing less than the demise of her marriage, held her daughter's hand and acted like the MD in the situation. Apparently that one instance pushed Olivia over the edge because the next thing we know she is over at his pad making out with him while her husband is out trying to save the planet from another flashforward. At this point I'm done with the episode and just walk away.



Blast you??? No Way... 100% in agreement man... :thumbup:

Although all your points are valid, Your #4 was pretty much exactly as I expierenced the show myself and couldn't agree more. It seemed not only forced, contrived, poorly scripted, and even to the point of me saying out loud "Aww C'mon!!! WTF?????"

I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you on this one, now I'm waiting for the inevitable people who will try to defend this one as "The best ever" or the always popular "One of my favorite episodes so far!!!" :thumbsdown:
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby beresford on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:24 pm

I will not try to defend the episode or argue that it's the best ever, but I enjoyed it and I had a good time watching it. Part of that comes from the fact that we got Aaron's stroryline in the previous segment, but then the episode wasn't about him, so whatever came, would always be an improvement. But I liked the episode as a whole, the show is flawed in sooo many ways, but I still like to watch. If it really comes down to Flash Forward or V, I would choose V without even thinking, but I wish both could survive, because I like FF. The thing with Olivia was ridiculous, there is absolutey nothing that I will say about that situation that will make it seem less worse and I was annoyed by that myself while watching. I call it sloppy writing.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience


Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
User avatar
beresford
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby thetexashammer on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:43 pm

beresford wrote:I will not try to defend the episode or argue that it's the best ever, but I enjoyed it and I had a good time watching it. Part of that comes from the fact that we got Aaron's stroryline in the previous segment, but then the episode wasn't about him, so whatever came, would always be an improvement. But I liked the episode as a whole, the show is flawed in sooo many ways, but I still like to watch. If it really comes down to Flash Forward or V, I would choose V without even thinking, but I wish both could survive, because I like FF. The thing with Olivia was ridiculous, there is absolutey nothing that I will say about that situation that will make it seem less worse and I was annoyed by that myself while watching. I call it sloppy writing.


I think the main problem with shows like V and FF is that we are all so spoiled with Lost. Nothing will ever compare to it in terms of acting, writing, and all of the little things in it. With Lost, the acting was awesome, the lines were very good, and almost everything in the show right down to books people are reading have a meaning. Shows like V and FF don't have much of that at all. In my opinion, Fringe is the closest thing right now to what Lost is.
thetexashammer
Viewer
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:58 pm

thetexashammer wrote:
beresford wrote:I will not try to defend the episode or argue that it's the best ever, but I enjoyed it and I had a good time watching it. Part of that comes from the fact that we got Aaron's stroryline in the previous segment, but then the episode wasn't about him, so whatever came, would always be an improvement. But I liked the episode as a whole, the show is flawed in sooo many ways, but I still like to watch. If it really comes down to Flash Forward or V, I would choose V without even thinking, but I wish both could survive, because I like FF. The thing with Olivia was ridiculous, there is absolutey nothing that I will say about that situation that will make it seem less worse and I was annoyed by that myself while watching. I call it sloppy writing.


I think the main problem with shows like V and FF is that we are all so spoiled with Lost. Nothing will ever compare to it in terms of acting, writing, and all of the little things in it. With Lost, the acting was awesome, the lines were very good, and almost everything in the show right down to books people are reading have a meaning. Shows like V and FF don't have much of that at all. In my opinion, Fringe is the closest thing right now to what Lost is.


LOST is big shoes to fill, and I love Fringe, but I have tried to keep an open mind with both V and FF. Right now I agree with beresford when you say that if I were picking which one survives, V would be it without hesitation.

FF could be such a great premise, and I think that is why I keep watching (Looking for a glimmer of hope if you will), but the writers, and the show runners for that matter need to step it up several notches. I have been convinced for some time know that TPTB of FF seems to assume that they will automatically 'get' all of the loyal LOST fans once our beloved LOST goes dark, and I think the biggest point I would want to stress to them is that LOST earned our allegance with an excellent story, with excellent writing, and excellent characters/actors. And if TPTB of FF want the LOST legacy, they really need to show us that they are worth the same devotion that we have given to LOST. And that poor writting, sloppy dialogue, and awkward characters just isn't going to do it....

And, one more rant, am I the only person who thinks the show spends too much time in the FBI office? (and Marks house too in some eps) I mean it was a global blackout, and the show seems to be spend way too much time in the office....
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby beresford on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:05 pm

thetexashammer wrote:
I think the main problem with shows like V and FF is that we are all so spoiled with Lost. Nothing will ever compare to it in terms of acting, writing, and all of the little things in it. With Lost, the acting was awesome, the lines were very good, and almost everything in the show right down to books people are reading have a meaning. Shows like V and FF don't have much of that at all. In my opinion, Fringe is the closest thing right now to what Lost is.


I usually tell people. There are good and bad tv shows. And there is Lost.

The level is totally different. For instance, when I go to spoiler tv to vote on those pools "what did you think of...", I never judge any episode in comparison to Lost because if I had to:
a) Lost episodes would all get awesomes (ok, I tend to vote awesome most of the time, but still)
b)Other shows episodes would have a really hard time getting anything better than an Ok

This being said, I like V, Fringe and Flash Forward. From all of these three, V is the my favorite, but I am not naive to try to compare to Lost. And yes, I also like Flash Forward, even though it's nothing like Lost and whoever had the idea of advertise it as the next Lost ruined the future of the show. Hadn't it been for all that wrong publicity, I think the show would have been much better accepted than it was.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience


Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
User avatar
beresford
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:14 pm

beresford wrote:This being said, I like V, Fringe and Flash Forward. From all of these three, V is the my favorite, but I am not naive to try to compare to Lost. And yes, I also like Flash Forward, even though it's nothing like Lost and whoever had the idea of advertise it as the next Lost ruined the future of the show. Hadn't it been for all that wrong publicity, I think the show would have been much better accepted than it was.


I have to admit that whoever that complete idiot (Actually I would call them more a dumb..:censored:) was who made that particular decision should be fired. Because IMHO, if they hadn't tried so early on with the actual statements, and all of the LOST easter eggs (Who here forgets the Oceanic Air billboard???).

I may not have held the show to such a high standard, and actually given it a chance on its own merits. But whoever did make that call, IMHO... poisoned the very well that this show needed to drink from... :thumbsdown:
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby lisa17 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:03 pm

So did Janice and Demetri have sex or not? It was pretty vague. I'm having a hard time looking at Janice anymore since she's the mole. I was starting to like her!
lisa17
Viewer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:49 pm
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:17 pm

lisa17 wrote:So did Janice and Demetri have sex or not? It was pretty vague. I'm having a hard time looking at Janice anymore since she's the mole. I was starting to like her!


I assume that this is the way that TPTB "think" they are building intrigue, but I admit to wondering about that myself. I wouldn't mind it so much but the writers seem to think their being clever, when IMHO they are simply muddy-ing and already obscure, and poorly developed story line...

And, I agree, Janice was the one character whom I was also starting to care about.. until they revealed the 'mole' idea, now they are all dead to me...
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby beresford on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:52 pm

I think they haven't slept together. It would be too much having her hanging ou with him the day before he gets married just after two weeks of sleeping with him, I think.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience


Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
User avatar
beresford
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby Constant Loophole on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:05 am

Apparently that one instance pushed Olivia over the edge because the next thing we know she is over at his pad making out with him while her husband is out trying to save the planet from another flashforward.


But saving the planet might cause him to drink a cocktail!!! The only thing that could save that vapid situation is if Olivia is a deep-cover villainous mole duping both men. Otherwise, whenever I see her face appear on the screen, that'll be my cue to check basketball scores for a couple minutes.
"You really think this is all coincidence?"
User avatar
Constant Loophole
Extra
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:13 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby vader182 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:25 am

Saying this show is forced is like saying LOST is science fiction character drama. No ****.


Everything happens so suddenly, so spontaniously, so illogically, I honestly question if I made a mistake as the viewer in missing something, only to discover time and time again I haven't. Oh no, I saw myself kissing another man? Oh no, I see this man. A.) Do I get away from him? B.) Do I at least try being polite but still get away? Nope. In fact, you spend large periods of time with him. Sweet. Oh yeah, and your husband left out of freaking nowhere.


:huh: :thumbsdown:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

Image
My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
User avatar
vader182
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:59 am
Location: The White City
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:09 pm

vader182 wrote:Saying this show is forced is like saying LOST is science fiction character drama. No ****.


Everything happens so suddenly, so spontaniously, so illogically, I honestly question if I made a mistake as the viewer in missing something, only to discover time and time again I haven't. Oh no, I saw myself kissing another man? Oh no, I see this man. A.) Do I get away from him? B.) Do I at least try being polite but still get away? Nope. In fact, you spend large periods of time with him. Sweet. Oh yeah, and your husband left out of freaking nowhere.


:huh: :thumbsdown:


You are giving them too much credit... I think at this point they are now just making **** up as they go along. Just to see if they can come up with some twist that saves their butts with regards to the ratings...

I will say again that I am amazed just how guickly this show has been able to fall so far...
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby HannaK on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Just saw the episode and I gotta say this one was one of the weakest yet. Oliva's motivations this episode were a complete mystery to me and that guy wanting to shoot that woman because he thought cellphones were the cause of the blackout (????) was just ridiculous.
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
User avatar
HannaK
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:21 pm
Location: the Netherlands
Gender: Female

Next

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron