[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby beresford on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:24 am

HannaK wrote:that guy wanting to shoot that woman because he thought cellphones were the cause of the blackout (????) was just ridiculous.


I actually thought it was realistic. Ok, not the scene in itself, but the fact that there were random manics accusing the most diverse things of being the cause of the blackout. It happens in real life whatever there is a catastrophe, so I bet if a blackout occured there would be maniacs like that doing it...
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience


Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
User avatar
beresford
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am
Gender: Male


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby HannaK on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:01 am

beresford wrote:
HannaK wrote:that guy wanting to shoot that woman because he thought cellphones were the cause of the blackout (????) was just ridiculous.


I actually thought it was realistic. Ok, not the scene in itself, but the fact that there were random manics accusing the most diverse things of being the cause of the blackout. It happens in real life whatever there is a catastrophe, so I bet if a blackout occured there would be maniacs like that doing it...


Yeah okay maybe...but then at least that guy should have explained his reasoning a little bit, now it just seemed like a cheap way to have this entire 'I don't wanna die thing' from Dimitri once again
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
User avatar
HannaK
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:21 pm
Location: the Netherlands
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby beresford on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:18 am

HannaK wrote:
beresford wrote:
HannaK wrote:that guy wanting to shoot that woman because he thought cellphones were the cause of the blackout (????) was just ridiculous.


I actually thought it was realistic. Ok, not the scene in itself, but the fact that there were random manics accusing the most diverse things of being the cause of the blackout. It happens in real life whatever there is a catastrophe, so I bet if a blackout occured there would be maniacs like that doing it...


Yeah okay maybe...but then at least that guy should have explained his reasoning a little bit, now it just seemed like a cheap way to have this entire 'I don't wanna die thing' from Dimitri once again


Well, guys who think stuff like that are crazy, aren't they?:P I mean, I think FF is seriously flawded and urealistic in a lot of things, but I actually thought this one was ok. But then, of course it was a cheap way to have the entire "i don't want to die" thing from Demetri again, yeah!
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience


Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
User avatar
beresford
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby vader182 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:42 am

The unrealism of the situation came from the audience being fully aware of the scenes purpose, which I immediately thought was contrived, cheap, and laughable on almost every level.

As for the situation itself, that kinda stuff only usually happens on tv... ¬¬ For tv, it's not that O.o
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

Image
My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
User avatar
vader182
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:59 am
Location: The White City
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby beresford on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:59 am

vader182 wrote:The unrealism of the situation came from the audience being fully aware of the scenes purpose, which I immediately thought was contrived, cheap, and laughable on almost every level.


Well put.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience


Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
User avatar
beresford
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:23 pm

:D
After reading this thread, I realized that I made a very good decision to stop watching this show 10 episodes ago. I've never been to the FlashForward forum and only dropped in out of curiosity of where the show was from a storytelling perspective. Apparently, it's gone from completely average (when I stopped watching) to bad to completely sh**** and a waste of space and time. And it's not even about comparing this show to Lost's greatness and it coming up short of Lost's standards. This show doesn't hold up beside almost any drama on television right now. I think I would rather watch Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy than FlashForward. And that's not dissing those two shows because I know a lot of people watch them...they just are not my thing (my girlfriend LOVES both of those shows).

It's interesting to see where some of the story lines have gone since I quit watching. So, Janice is a mole and apparently sleeping with Dimitri? Janice was the only character that I really cared for early on. What a jip!! And the whole Olivia/Mark/Lloyd thing sounds stupid and completely forced.

Good riddance, Flashforward....I just hope ABC doesn't make a mistake and keep this around while canceling V.
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Admittedly I vacillate on my opinion of this show, but that vacillation only goes from 'WTF' to 'I will try to give it another (and another... and another... etc...) chance'. But it is just getting so darn difficult.

I know I mentioned this in the 15 thread, but IMHO the show runners are starting to act desperate. And now they are just trying to throw anything out there to generate interest and save their ratings. (Which BTW are NOT LOOKING GOOD).

So, if it comes down to FF versus "V", I have to go with "V". While I admit that "V" has had some rough parts, I would rather save it than allow the continual train wreck that is FF to keep moving in circles.

I have an idea, LOST filming is over on April 22nd, what ABC needs to do is pack every one of LOST's writers up, and make them write about 4-6 episodes of FF. Then the original FF writers can see how it's done!!! :thumbup:
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby thetexashammer on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm

One more day! I can't wait to see what kinda crap we get to watch. I'll have my review up as soon as I can. I'm excited.
thetexashammer
Viewer
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:24 pm

thetexashammer wrote:One more day! I can't wait to see what kinda crap we get to watch. I'll have my review up as soon as I can. I'm excited.



:lol:
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
thetexashammer wrote:One more day! I can't wait to see what kinda crap we get to watch. I'll have my review up as soon as I can. I'm excited.



:lol:


Wow, I thought I was hard of them. Normally I would say that it may be harsh, but not this time. TPTB need to step it up. There are plenty of press mentions that are saying that the network brass is contemplating cutting either V or FF. Now my vote is no sercet (Long Live EM!!!!), but if FF can step up their game (SIGNIFICANTLY), then there could be room for both.

Note to TPTB, stop the cheap/quick OMG moments. But don't draw them out too long either. There is a happy in-between, but right now you are nowhere near it. And, don't just throw out several episodes of developed character for it. There are plenty of characters you could have thrown under the bus, just don't pick the one you think will best for a quicky shock, but then you have trashed the character for the rest of what will be a short life of the show!!!
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:57 pm

SmokeyD wrote:
thetexashammer wrote:4.) This was the last straw for me. It all starts at the park with Lloyd and Olivia meeting up without even knowing they were supposed to thanks to the sly underhandedness of the kids. A quick conversation emerges followed by screams from young charlie who took a nosedive off of a slide. Did she hit the ground while eating a mouthful of hard starbursts or what? Blood covered her chin and there was very little worry showed by mommy Olivia as she seemed more interested in how a stranger, who had caused nothing less than the demise of her marriage, held her daughter's hand and acted like the MD in the situation. Apparently that one instance pushed Olivia over the edge because the next thing we know she is over at his pad making out with him while her husband is out trying to save the planet from another flashforward. At this point I'm done with the episode and just walk away.



Blast you??? No Way... 100% in agreement man... :thumbup:

Although all your points are valid, Your #4 was pretty much exactly as I expierenced the show myself and couldn't agree more. It seemed not only forced, contrived, poorly scripted, and even to the point of me saying out loud "Aww C'mon!!! WTF?????"

I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you on this one, now I'm waiting for the inevitable people who will try to defend this one as "The best ever" or the always popular "One of my favorite episodes so far!!!" :thumbsdown:


So... people aren't allowed opinions? That's a shame.
User avatar
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert
 
Posts: 2004
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Glasgow
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.16 Discussion

Postby fingersplints on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:32 am

In forums like this I think it is easy to cross a line with debate. I think people are pretty respectful in this thread. I like when people make positive and negative points about the show, because honestly people have made both in which it has been things I haven't thought of before.
Image
Image
Image
mafia timer

Image
Miss Ford <3
User avatar
fingersplints
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:09 am
Location: New York
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests